Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,937 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor (13383 Views)

Ekiti Lawmakers Incur Fayose’s Wrath For Visiting ‘foe’ / Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth / U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by cap28: 6:47am On Jul 18, 2015
vioment:
I am neutral on the US and Nigeria relationship because they owe Nigeria nothing. US is one of the nations that can purposely take a gateman from a very poor country and in 5 years, that person will be polished and sophisticated in their thinking. USA has come a long way from grasslands to where they are today. I might not like their gay stance but in the USA they try to give everyone a chance and a voice. There is no local government in the world that does not have someone/descendant in the USA.
Nigeria is at least 90% black, but still cannot live together or work well together. We want USA to come and help us do this and do that. Even God does not help people that don't help themselves talkless of mankind. We have to exhaust every option first which we have not done eg no intelligence gathering on a serious scale yet against terrorism; We have to rise above our differences at all levels so that external forces cannot cripple our resolve; We have to frown at crime, which is the only thing we do very very well.

People can say USA didn't win in Afghanistan but who is in power there?, they have perfected drone technology while there, they are perfecting intelligence gathering while there, and they are keeping their enemies on the run since their enemies play hide and seek. Nigeria, abeg make we dey know our mates. America is not perfect, but America is a very great country that have their own agenda and if they see a country with intelligence and courage like them, they align with that country. No time.

brainwashed garbage

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by cap28: 6:53am On Jul 18, 2015
The US actively works to stop black countries from being able to stand on their own two feet. Just like Britain they are only in interested in exploiting nigeria. The US has military bases all over Africa, not for so called anti terrorism operations but to safeguard the resources from other competitors like the Chinese.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 8:27am On Jul 18, 2015
huangcheng:

People keep talking about LGBT rights but i see this diplomatic move by Washington as a move to persuade Buhari to relax GEJ's trade policies. I believe that when Buhari comes back he will do the following:

1. Relax the import duties. A relaxed import duty will enable america flood our market with their scraped (Tokunbo) electronics and cars.

2. They will try to advice Buhari against the AU trade treaty which Nigeria refused to sign, perhaps make him believe that it is not a bad thing as being painted in Nigeria media, that it will be beneficial to both countries but the truth is that we are not exporting anything yet so it cannot be beneficial to us but to a large percentage to them alone.

3. There will be promises to send us a lot of ammunition to fight boko haram, this will include some of their tanks and transport vehicles being used in the middle east. This move will STOP us from buying from Russia and China and since we are no more buying from the Chinese and Russians, the BRICS will feel abandoned and they'll gradually withdraw their alliance.

4. Same sex marriage will definitely be talked about but this is not so important to Washington. They will express their displeasure but they will do nothing about it.

It's all about America's economic interest and not same sex marriage and Nigeria has everything to lose. Our relation with the Chinese and Russians is about to be soured. In 3 months time i will be back to review my prediction.

of course this devils will try,,,we nigerians just have to stay vigilant......
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
cap28:
The US actively works to stop black countries from being able to stand on their own two feet. Just like Britain they are only in interested in exploiting nigeria. The US has military bases all over Africa, not for so called anti terrorism operations but to safeguard the resources from other competitors like the Chinese.

Baseless anti western propaganda. Also inconsistent with the giving of aid and other assistance. Please THINK logically before repeating what the brainless morons out there invent because of an inferiority complex that is totally unnecessary!
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by cap28: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Baseless anti western propaganda. Also inconsistent with the giving of aid and other assistance. Please THINK logically before repeating what the brainless morons out there invent because of an inferiority complex that is totally unnecessary!
Bullsh1t! Britain and the US siphon billions of dollars out of Nigeria in the form of illegal tax breaks, fraudulent business deals and other corrupt practices.
There is no such thing as aid coming from the west just loans with huge interst rates and conditions attached

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
cap28:

Bullsh1t! Britain and the US siphon billions of dollars out of Nigeria in the form of illegal tax breaks, fraudulent business deals and other corrupt practices.
There is no such thing as aid coming from the west just loans with huge interst rates and conditions attached

And your EVIDENCE for this? Please don't believe all this rubbish just because those who spout it have a stupid inferiority complex.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by igbo2011(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
cap28:

Here is a post from the facebook page Africlandpost: https://www.facebook.com/Africbook

Understanding geo-politics which MAJORITY of Africans do not understand is a very frustrating place to be. Anytime you become critical of western countries it's usually the colonial apologist, foot soldiers ready to brand you radical or anti west or bitter or propagandist. Last week all western nations unanimously rejected African Union calls to tax western multi-national corporations. We need those funds from taxes so we can fund our own AU activities. They said NO and our leaders walked a way with their tails between their legs even though the resources these multi-national corporations depend on are ours. Western countries DO NOT want self sufficient Africa or non western country. They'll strangle you and leave you breathless. They want to continue taking the 160 billion annually from Africa, turn around and give us 35 billion, call it AID and majority of Africans will be lining up at the airport singing for them. We need fair trade and we need to dictate the terms of the goods we are selling. We can't go and tell Germany to sell us BMWs at lower prices, they dictate the price tag, we choose if we wanna buy it or go for toyota. Most times, it's the people in this continent more so than the west who are pulling us down just because of Ignorance that they stick to. It's almost hard expressing yourself without appearing Angry when you see western countries tell us that their companies will continue making billions in Africa and not pay taxes and I kid you not, most Africans do not care and would be ready to Lynch you for mentioning the west in a critical manner. This is not against the people in the western, I am sure they are suffering the brant of their corporations too but we are getting the real boots up our Necks and I am so sick of it.

http://www.africlandpost.com/rich-nations-rally-water-african-push-multinationals-stop-dodging-tax/

http://www.africlandpost.com/slave-trade-files/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
cooljude:
Big lie.

become gay,and you will be their best friend.............
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
vioment:
I am neutral on the US and Nigeria relationship because they owe Nigeria nothing. US is one of the nations that can purposely take a gateman from a very poor country and in 5 years, that person will be polished and sophisticated in their thinking. USA has come a long way from grasslands to where they are today. I might not like their gay stance but in the USA they try to give everyone a chance and a voice. There is no local government in the world that does not have someone/descendant in the USA.
Nigeria is at least 90% black, but still cannot live together or work well together. We want USA to come and help us do this and do that. Even God does not help people that don't help themselves talkless of mankind. We have to exhaust every option first which we have not done eg no intelligence gathering on a serious scale yet against terrorism; We have to rise above our differences at all levels so that external forces cannot cripple our resolve; We have to frown at crime, which is the only thing we do very very well.

People can say USA didn't win in Afghanistan but who is in power there?, they have perfected drone technology while there, they are perfecting intelligence gathering while there, and they are keeping their enemies on the run since their enemies play hide and seek. Nigeria, abeg make we dey know our mates. America is not perfect, but America is a very great country that have their own agenda and if they see a country with intelligence and courage like them, they align with that country. No time.

you dey craze...you want to talk me to sleep,abi?? you,sweet-talker..........thunda fire you!!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

USA is NOT forcing gay marriage on Nigeria. Merely protesting at repression of gays. You don't have to let them marry but you have no right to jail them for private practices that are in their personal lives. Once we persecute people for being different there is no end to it. The South African apartheid regime persecuted people for being black!

This deliberate twisting of the issue shows the lengths that evil homophobes and those idiots afraid that they might turn gay will stoop to in order to persecute those who have done them no harm. There were a minority of gays in Nigeria before this evil legislation was introduced to deflect attention from the governments poor performance and whip up sympathy. There will be gays after. The gays will always be a harmless minority - live and let live.

KILL THEM!!! they can be happy,we are not killing them...they have two choise.....ROT IN JAIL,OR DIE!!!!!
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

you

youuu have inferiority complex......i am a black-man,and i think i am the best in the world...i dont care what you think........
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

And your EVIDENCE for this? Please don't believe all this rubbish just because those who spout it have a stupid inferiority complex.

are you white?? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?? angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
tsdarkside:

KILL THEM!!! they can be happy,we are not killing them...they have two choise.....ROT IN JAIL,OR DIE!!!!!

Typical mindless homophobic rant! Mouth obviously engaged before brain!

WHY would you want to kill someone for being different from you? They are a tiny minority who do no harm except in the imagination of some very sad individuals. They have always and will always be around and no society has been 'destroyed' because of their private lives.

Hmmm. I wonder why you feel so threatened by them?
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
tsdarkside:

are you white?? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?? angry angry angry angry angry angry

Did you READ the moniker - 'KoloOyinbo'? Of course I am white - and quite anti American where it is appropriate to be so. But I travel extensively and know how the world works and how western governments work in particular. Both the good aspects and the bad. All the conspiract ideas we hear from semi literates on social media (because they cannot get an audience anywhere else) is a load of rubbish. Sadly some people feel inferior (WRONGLY SO) because their society or culture is (IN THEIR EYES) not as developed as others and thus unjustly condemn that which they feel is superior. There is really no need for this nonsense. Focus on improving your own society and ignore the rubbish spouted by those who are ungrateful for the aid and assistance given.

And be HAPPY! Your misconceptions are upsetting you! lol smiley

And please stop hating people who do no harm just because they are different!
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
igbo2011:

Here is a post from the facebook page Africlandpost: https://www.facebook.com/Africbook

Understanding geo-politics which MAJORITY of Africans do not understand is a very frustrating place to be. Anytime you become critical of western countries it's usually the colonial apologist, foot soldiers ready to brand you radical or anti west or bitter or propagandist. Last week all western nations unanimously rejected African Union calls to tax western multi-national corporations. We need those funds from taxes so we can fund our own AU activities. They said NO and our leaders walked a way with their tails between their legs even though the resources these multi-national corporations depend on are ours. Western countries DO NOT want self sufficient Africa or non western country. They'll strangle you and leave you breathless. They want to continue taking the 160 billion annually from Africa, turn around and give us 35 billion, call it AID and majority of Africans will be lining up at the airport singing for them. We need fair trade and we need to dictate the terms of the goods we are selling. We can't go and tell Germany to sell us BMWs at lower prices, they dictate the price tag, we choose if we wanna buy it or go for toyota. Most times, it's the people in this continent more so than the west who are pulling us down just because of Ignorance that they stick to. It's almost hard expressing yourself without appearing Angry when you see western countries tell us that their companies will continue making billions in Africa and not pay taxes and I kid you not, most Africans do not care and would be ready to Lynch you for mentioning the west in a critical manner. This is not against the people in the western, I am sure they are suffering the brant of their corporations too but we are getting the real boots up our Necks and I am so sick of it.

http://www.africlandpost.com/rich-nations-rally-water-african-push-multinationals-stop-dodging-tax/

http://www.africlandpost.com/slave-trade-files/

TELL THIS STVPID BLACK-ASSSHOLES........STVPID IDIATS......WE MUST GO TO WAR WITH THE WESTERN-WORLD!!!...ONLY THIS WAY WE WILL BECOME FREE,AND HAVE ENOUGH FOR ALL BLACKS IN THE WORLD...!!!! THE WHITE-MAN IS THE DEVIL,,,DO YOU REALY AWAIT THE DEVIL TO BE KIND WITH YOU?? angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
tsdarkside:

TELL THIS STVPID BLACK-ASSSHOLES........STVPID IDIATS......WE MUST GO TO WAR WITH THE WESTERN-WORLD!!!...ONLY THIS WAY WE WILL BECOME FREE,AND HAVE ENOUGH FOR ALL BLACKS IN THE WORLD...!!!! THE WHITE-MAN IS THE DEVIL,,,DO YOU REALY AWAIT THE DEVIL TO BE KIND WITH YOU?? angry angry angry angry

What hate filled rubbish! We could just as easily be listening to the idiotic and brainless rants of the pro apartheid South Africans!
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
tsdarkside:

youuu have inferiority complex......i am a black-man,and i think i am the best in the world...i dont care what you think........

Most people think they as individuals are the best in the world. So join the club! wink

Its just those who resent the development of the western world talk this nonsense. They should be engaging more globally to increase the pace of development.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

What hate filled rubbish! We could just as easily be listening to the idiotic and brainless rants of the pro apartheid South Africans!

you stinking faggoot dont have to notice me a tall,,,i know now you are oyinbo...as you were killing the native indians in america,was that love??.....GO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
tsdarkside:

you stinking faggoot dont have to notice me a tall,,,i know now you are oyinbo...as you were killing the native indians in america,was that love??.....GO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Yes you have it. I am an Oyinbo - European NOT American. Cannot seem to remember the last native American Indian I killed?

I have chopped over 100 Naija babes in my 15 years of coming to Naija. I love the people and the country despite the tiny minority of brainless haters who rant about things they know nothing of.

I regret if the 'fearing the gays' comment touched a nerve but I assure you that if you really are straight then you have nothing to fear. They were born that way you were born your way and they cant change you! So relax - you have nothing to worry about.

(Hope you don't have high blood pressure - try deep breaths) lol smiley
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by cooljude(m): 7:01am On Jul 20, 2015
tsdarkside:

become gay,and you will be their best friend.............
Chineke ma n kwe, olorun maje. No b only gay na bay. Make dem carry their friendship go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
cooljude:
Chineke ma n kwe, olorun maje. No b only gay na bay. Make dem carry their friendship go.

hahahaha..let them keep their friendship...heavens noo.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Yes you have it. I am an Oyinbo - European NOT American. Cannot seem to remember the last native American Indian I killed?

I have chopped over 100 Naija babes in my 15 years of coming to Naija. I love the people and the country despite the tiny minority of brainless haters who rant about things they know nothing of.

I regret if the 'fearing the gays' comment touched a nerve but I assure you that if you really are straight then you have nothing to fear. They were born that way you were born your way and they cant change you! So relax - you have nothing to worry about.

(Hope you don't have high blood pressure - try deep breaths) lol smiley

uhhhh...European NOT American...what does it matter...you are still a white-devil...call yourself whatever you want,you are still a devil-faggooot,smog,fugly,looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooser!!!! welcome the the 21st century assshole......
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Most people think they as individuals are the best in the world. So join the club! wink

Its just those who resent the development of the western world talk this nonsense. They should be engaging more globally to increase the pace of development.

you dey craze...i want white-people,out of the planet......mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww..........i want gold,everything.........
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:59am On Jul 21, 2015
tsdarkside:

you dey craze...i want white-people,out of the planet......mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww..........i want gold,everything.........

I think what you really want is your head examined? smiley

I wonder if you are as much a tribalist as a racist?

But please don't worry. Its a simple case of mind over matter. We don't mind and you don't matter! wink
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:00am On Jul 21, 2015
tsdarkside:

uhhhh...European NOT American...what does it matter...you are still a white-devil...call yourself whatever you want,you are still a devil-faggooot,smog,fugly,looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooser!!!! welcome the the 21st century assshole......

LOL! Wow. You definitely need to get out of the mud hut and village into the real world! smiley
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 4:11am On Jul 21, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

LOL! Wow. You definitely need to get out of the mud hut and village into the real world! smiley

una dey see??...you just have to pisss the devil off,then you will hear what he realy thinks of you....even in your own house,he will try to play white-superiortity over...this devil never was good,still not good,and never will be good....is better we send this devils out of the planet ......
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 4:13am On Jul 21, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I think what you really want is your head examined? smiley

I wonder if you are as much a tribalist as a racist?

But please don't worry. Its a simple case of mind over matter. We don't mind and you don't matter! wink

uhhh.....now,you oyinbo-shiiits....want to gather around me....scattter!!!!!...i am not one of those that are afraid of you....GO KILL YOURSELFS....!!!!!
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:13am On Jul 21, 2015
tsdarkside:

uhhh.....now,you oyinbo-shiiits....want to gather around me....scattter!!!!!...i am not one of those that are afraid of you....GO KILL YOURSELFS....!!!!!

Why ever would you be afraid? Hmmm From your posts and rants you seem to be afraid of Gays, afraid of Oyinbos etc. Please be assured no one want to persecute you. More sympathetic really! A little more education and tolerance and you even be a normal human being! grin
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:16am On Jul 21, 2015
tsdarkside:

una dey see??...you just have to pisss the devil off,then you will hear what he realy thinks of you....even in your own house,he will try to play white-superiortity over...this devil never was good,still not good,and never will be good....is better we send this devils out of the planet ......

Ah goody you will send me! Sent the pepe for the plane fare? grin

Sadly your racist and homophobic remarks mark you for what you are. See the real world, see normal people expand your horizons. You will find it fun! smiley
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tpiadotcom: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
okeke00:
Mr op. yu need to call me

couldnt agree more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngige: Nigerians Should Be Clapping For Buhari Every Day & Thanking Us After God / Tinubu Arrives Ebonyi, Commissions APC Governorship Campaign Office / Dangote Revealed! An Expose On His Avarice And Selfishness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.