Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

About The Islamic Badge On My Profile - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / About The Islamic Badge On My Profile (807 Views)

Working As A Lawyer In The Islamic Judicial System. / The Islamic Response To Trials And Hardships / About The Islamic Badge On My Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by Mobsync(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2015
Hello! A topic from this section made front page. And when I wanted to leave a comment, I was met by this "are you a Muslim? If you are, click yes and it would appear on your profile" (first screenshot). I clicked "yes" and true to it, it is now on my profile. (second screenshot)

Note: I'm not sure if one can comment if one clicked no.

Although I'm a Muslim, I find this offensive and I liken it to the yellow badge given to the Jews by the Germans before and during world war ii. How can my profile on an online forum be have a I "believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." How?

I don't know what led to this and I don't know why, but I don't want. I would rather leave this forum than have a badge follow me up and down. Even as I'm typing this, I'm so irritated. Please the moderators, super-moderators and admin should look into this and remove it from my profile. Thank you.

Nairaland.com/mobsync

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by heykims(m): 7:46am On Jul 17, 2015
Were u forced to comment?
Didn't u see the clause before u clicked 'yes' that u are a Muslim?
Why d ranting now?
If u feel too much irritated, close or abandon ur account, shikena...
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by Kingharzyz(m): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2015
Mobsync:
Hello! A topic from this section made front page. And when I wanted to leave a comment, I was met by this "are you a Muslim? If you are, click yes and it would appear on your profile" (first screenshot). I clicked "yes" and true to it, it is now on my profile. (second screenshot)

Note: I'm not sure if one can comment if one clicked no.

Although I'm a Muslim, I find this offensive and I liken it to the yellow badge given to the Jews by the Germans before and during world war ii. How can my profile on an online forum be have a I "believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." How?

I don't know what led to this and I don't know why, but I don't want. I would rather leave this forum than have a badge follow me up and down. Even as I'm typing this, I'm so irritated. Please the moderators, super-moderators and admin should look into this and remove it from my profile. Thank you.

Nairaland.com/mobsync

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala
You ain't a Muslim dude...why comment on the thread...
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by Mobsync(m): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2015
Kingharzyz:

You ain't a Muslim dude...why comment on the thread...

I am. My comment was even to an atheist who said we Muslims should shop deceiving ourselves that the moon never disappeared. I simply told him we never said the moon disappeared and he doesn't understand how moon sighting works.

Besides, are non-Muslims forbidden from posting replies in this section?
And are Muslims forbidden from posting replies on Christian threads?
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by Mobsync(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2015
heykims:
Were u forced to comment?
Didn't u see the clause before u clicked 'yes' that u are a Muslim?
Why d ranting now?
If u feel too much irritated, close or abandon ur account, shikena...

All the questions you asked have already been answered in my post. So why asking again?

And about me closing and abandoning my account, I'll do that if the clause isn't removed. I've been a member since November 29, 2009, so this account means a lot to me.

Finally, considering the way you speak, it's not surprising why non-Muslims dislike Muslims. Nevertheless, tell Maclatunji to help me remove the clause. Tell him I said "please." And if you like, speak to him harshly.
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by heykims(m): 11:35am On Jul 17, 2015
Mobsync:

All the questions you asked have already been answered in my post. So why asking again?

And about me closing and abandoning my account, I'll do that if the clause isn't removed. I've been a member since November 29, 2009, so this account means a lot to me.

Finally, considering the way you speak, it's not surprising why non-Muslims dislike Muslims. Nevertheless, tell Maclatunji to help me remove the clause. Tell him I said "please." And if you like, speak to him harshly.
..nd I can see too the kind of Muslim u are.
..saw a clause, a warning, disregarded it and later resurface to complain..
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by Mobsync(m): 11:41am On Jul 17, 2015
heykims:

..nd I can see too the kind of Muslim u are.
..saw a clause, a warning, disregarded it and later resurface to complain..

This is my last comment to any of your post.
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by heykims(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2015
Mobsync:

This is my last comment to any of your post.
better..
I don't like educated illiterates engaging me really. It is stated point blank before one comments in Islam thread that the oath will be added to one's profile. Ranting after accepting the condition is what still baffles me.
Re: About The Islamic Badge On My Profile by Kingharzyz(m): 8:27am On Jul 19, 2015
Mobsync:

I am. My comment was even to an atheist who said we Muslims should shop deceiving ourselves that the moon never disappeared. I simply told him we never said the moon disappeared and he doesn't understand how moon sighting works.

Besides, are non-Muslims forbidden from posting replies in this section?
And are Muslims forbidden from posting replies on Christian threads?
No qualms

(1) (Reply)

Romance In Islam / Things To Be Avoided During Ramadan / Is It Good To Pray For The Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.