Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Car Remote Key Complains - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Remote Key Complains (10090 Views)

Universal Keyless Remote Key / Lexus Remote Key / Car Remote Drains Battery Fast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
I realised that 70% of car users have un-understandable issues with their car remote keys without prompt information on how to correct the problem. Hence,the creation of this thread!!

In this thread,we can recommend a DO IT YOURSELF PRINCIPLE or also we can also recommend the best technician to solve any problem pertaining to your car remote key.

*Note that this thread is not for posting our normal car issues, EXCEPT FROM THOSE PARTAINING TO CAR REMOTE KEYS

Re: Car Remote Key Complains by lonelydora: 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
My remote key was broken some years back, but was soldered together. Is it possible to get a virgin key and transfer the transponder of the current key to the new one without tampering with my ignition and car door/trunk lock?
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by inze(m): 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
Alright, let me go first.

As much as I do know about cars, I still haven't figured out how to disable the feature that locks out all doors when the ignition is ON and driver door is opened and closed, the door locks in less than 2secs.

I got locked-out the other day and had to bike home to get spare while the car was still running.

Vehicle: 2006 Honda Accord EX V6

NB: This started after I reconnected the battery I had disconnected over a period of time due to non-usage.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
hello its an electrical issue...no problem with your car key.
NOW!!.....Get a good rewire to diagnose the car for you and check the rewiring system.
or otherwise Give me a call so I can send an electrician over to handle it for you.
@08078541050,08162679617.

1 Like

Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 5:39am On Jul 23, 2015
HELLO EVERYONE,
With problem been solved on daily bases, we too can make all your car key headaches come to an end.
So why dont you post complain on this thread and have it solved 100% free.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by chukel(m): 8:36am On Jul 23, 2015
inze:
Alright, let me go first.

As much as I do know about cars, I still haven't figured out how to disable the feature that locks out all doors when the ignition is ON and driver door is opened and closed, the door locks in less than 2secs.

I got locked-out the other day and had to bike home to get spare while the car was still running.

Vehicle: 2006 Honda Accord EX V6

NB: This started after I reconnected the battery I had disconnected over a period of time due to non-usage.
i think there should be a special honda scanner that can alter the setting. i have the toyota version i have used to alter almost all the settings in my avalon.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
chukel:
i think there should be a special honda scanner that can alter the setting. i have the toyota version i have used to alter almost all the settings in my avalon.
Hello mr chukel,
This is not a scanner issue sir. Pls tell your electrician to check the MPX panel and the door switch. If one of them is faulty, it can cause this malfunction to occur.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by inze(m): 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
derek2:

Hello mr chukel,
This is not a scanner issue sir. Pls tell your electrician to check the MPX panel and the door switch. If one of them is faulty, it can cause this malfunction to occur.

. . . i doubt if its got to be door switch, everything functions properly using the switch. Just the remote that refuse to open other doors except for the driver door and boot that unlocks effectively. Note, same thing goes when using either of both remote keys.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by chukel(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
inze:

. . . i doubt if its got to be door switch, everything functions properly using the switch. Just the remote that refuse to open other doors except for the driver door and boot that unlocks effectively. Note, same thing goes when using either of both remote keys.
did this just start or it has always been like that. It may be a dealer setting that needs to be reset
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by inze(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
chukel:
did this just start or it has always been like that. It may be a dealer setting that needs to be reset

Never been that way.

Have always removed negative terminals of the battery when not in use for say 3weeks and above but this time around, on connecting back the terminal and unlocking the doors with the remote, only the driver door unlock another press to unlock the other doors using the remote give a click sound on the door as if its trying to unlock but does nothing. Meanwhile, same is not the case using the driver door buttons to unlock the doors as everything works fine.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by chukel(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2015
inze:

Never been that way.

Have always removed negative terminals of the battery when not in use for say 3weeks and above but this time around, on connecting back the terminal and unlocking the doors with the remote, only the driver door unlock another press to unlock the other doors using the remote give a click sound on the door as if its trying to unlock but does nothing. Meanwhile, same is not the case using the driver door buttons to unlock the doors as everything works fine.
then derek2 is right.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2015
lonelydora:
My remote key was broken some years back, but was soldered together. Is it possible to get a virgin key and transfer the transponder of the current key to the new one without tampering with my ignition and car door/trunk lock?
Hello @lonelydora.
Yes it is possible, pls what is the car make, model and year??
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by lonelydora: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2015
derek2:

Hello @lonelydora.
Yes it is possible, pls what is the car make, model and year??

2003 Honda Accord V6 EX-L. Please PM me.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by leonn(m): 11:22am On Jul 29, 2015
call 08068746046, got large stoke of keys n remote shells.....
lonelydora:

1 Like

Re: Car Remote Key Complains by camry2008: 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
@OP, pls where is ur location, my car have only one key that cannot open any of the doors except with remote, besides, I need a spare key with remote, key that can open the doors.

Kindly assist pls
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 12:08am On Jul 30, 2015
lonelydora:

hello @lonelydara,we will just change the casing/shell.
pls give me a call @08078541050,08162679617.

1 Like

Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2015
camry2008:
@OP, pls where is ur location, my car have only one key that cannot open any of the doors except with remote, besides, I need a spare key with remote, key that can open the doors.

Kindly assist pls
ok that means your DRIVER'S DOOR & TRUNK key locks have to be removed and recalibrated.
And a spare key will also programmed for your car.
what is the car make, car model and year of manufacture
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by demtrack(m): 3:09am On Jul 30, 2015
inze:

That problem is electrical,you need to change or attach manual door lock cos other three doors are weak.Get a good technician.just 500 per one
In calabar.

Re: Car Remote Key Complains by DECOtech(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2015
derek2:
I realised that 70% of car users have un-understandable issues with their car remote keys without prompt information on how to correct the problem. Hence,the creation of this thread!!

Nice one. I need to replace this 03 honda pilot key fob for a client. If you have it, how much wld it cost? I'm in Abia state.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by BRATON: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
I have a 2005 New Jetta I want to make a spare key for. I have the key and to cut it and programme it. Kind help, pls.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by blackfm: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2015
What will it cost to make a spare key and fob for a 2005 corolla with transponder chip
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 9:24am On Sep 08, 2015
blackfm:
What will it cost to make a spare key and fob for a 2005 corolla with transponder chip
Hello Good morning @blackfm
The key& remote fob will cost you N24,000 sir
Pls call me @ 08162679617 or 08078541050

Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2015
BRATON:
I have a 2005 New Jetta I want to make a spare key for. I have the key and to cut it and programme it. Kind help, pls.
Hello Goodmorning sir
It will cost you N15,000
Pls call me @ 08162679617,08078541050
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by Kenett(m): 8:01am On Dec 14, 2015
Hello all
Please how much will it cost to change the shell casing for honda accord 2005 ex
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by ukata16(m): 9:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Good morning,
I drive a Honda Accord 98 i4. I need 2 things;
1- a remote that can also open the trunk.
2- a spare key.
How much will each cost so I can decide one which one to embark on. Thank
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by inze(m): 9:33am On Feb 13, 2016
. . . Came back to Lagos yesterday and found the car has corrected itself against as previously reported. Doors no longer locks itself while engine is ON and remote now unlocks all door at second press.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by ruke84(m): 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
Can a key be programmed.for a.volvo.v40 2000 model. I would love to have a spare key for mine.
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by jaypisces(f): 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
What will it cost to have a spare remote for my 2011 Toyota Venza I'm worried cos d one I have keeps falling off my hand
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by Luckki1001(m): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2016
@derek2 and @Leonn, good afternoon. Please, I want to know if you guys have this key fob as pictured below? I urgently need to buy it as the car I bought did not come with a remote but 1 transponder key. I have seen series of youtube videos and think I can do the programming myself. Help a brother out, biko.

Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2016
jaypisces:
What will it cost to have a spare remote for my 2011 Toyota Venza I'm worried cos d one I have keeps falling off my hand
sorry for the late reply.....is it PUSH TO START or TRANSPODER KEY{KEY BLADE}?
CALL ME ON:08162679617 , 08078541050
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by derek2(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2016
Luckki1001:
@derek2 and @Leonn, good afternoon. Please, I want to know if you guys have this key fob as pictured below? I urgently need to buy it as the car I bought did not come with a remote but 1 transponder key. I have seen series of youtube videos and think I can do the programming myself. Help a brother out, biko.
sure we have it .....what car do you want to use it for?
CALL ME ON:08162679617 , 08078541050
Re: Car Remote Key Complains by Desmied(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
I have 2007 Toyota Rav4, It has 1 key and the remote is attached to the key, the rubber of the remote has scattered therefore I do not use the remote.

I will need 2 keys with remotes but I do not like to remove the ignition, What is your best solution to my problem and how much money?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors / This 1,341-HP Electric On/Off-Road Miss R Supercar Is Quicker Than Tesla Roaster / Changing Power Steering Seals DIY Style On 2003 Accord (pics!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.