Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria (5683 Views)

Nigerian Invent Weed Driven Solar Power Production / HELP: Ideas On How To Build A Local Radio Transmitter. / Ideas On Wind Mill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by RobinHez(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
Teempakguy:

Of course!

A POWER MORTGAGE!!

so obvious . . . I can believe I didn't get the idea earlier.

Instead of paying in bulk, working up a solution with the bank, one can buy cheap solar power and pay for it at a standard trate and interest. It would benefit both the manufacturer and buyer. smiley

Dude, you're a genius . . . it's just that you are a sane genius. You should join the mad geniuses like us nah . . . nuclear power awaits. grin grin
Loool

Like Grigoli said, "why should I accept 1million dollar when I can control the Universe"

Do u have Ibo blood in u? U've already started calculating profit grin
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
RobinHez:

Loool

Like Grigoli said, "why should I accept 1million dollar when I can control the Universe"

Do u have Ibo blood in u? U've already started calculating profit grin
ibo blood ke?
when my mates where reading primary one English, I was reading Robert kiyosaki's books . . . I've been designed since prepuberty to sniff out profit. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
deniyor:
Solar is the only personal one I'd recommend. But like everything else, it's got it's pros and cons too.

Less noisy and needs a battery source to store power when the sun is unavailable. High cost to start up.
Not sure how it works in a home but one I had to design and install a week ago had to face a particular direction depending on which part of the hemisphere you are in. If that's the case, you want to make sure your neighbours aren't building sky scrapers next to you grin

Have to be designed for proper capacity too.
Most modern solar power station does not require battery, they convert sun power into thermal power power which is used to run your regular turbine. The excess is use to melt molten salt which is store and use at sundown
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Most modern solar power station does not require battery, they convert sun power into thermal power power which is used to run your regular turbine. The excess is use to melt molten salt which is store and use at sundown
which one is a more efficient storage?
Batteries or molten salt tanks?
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Queed: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Most modern solar power station does not require battery, they convert sun power into thermal power power which is used to run your regular turbine.

I don't think this method would be efficient

Blakjewelry:
The excess is use to melt molten salt which is store and use at sundown

melt molten salt?,,,interesting,,,shed more light on this pleassmiley
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
Teempakguy:
which one is a more efficient storage?
Batteries or molten salt tanks?
The hot molten salt can run the plant for more than 6hr after dark. There are even research to extend the duration heat storage time, though it can last a week without use.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
Queed:

very much efficient, it is producing alot gigawatt of electricity in the US.

Its very simple if still remember how highly positive metals are processed? Other metal is added to lower the melting point, similar techniques is used in the process.
During the day large arrangement of concave mirrors focus the sun rays to a point. The temperature can be as high as 500 degree and above. The focus rays can be used to heat a special oil and to melt the salt. The oil is use to run the turbine during the day and the stored molten salt is use during the night or on a cloudy day
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by weijing3333: 8:51am On Jul 20, 2015
Solar energy is good chioce.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 20, 2015
Feraz:
Tell me what you think when you're done. Thanks btw
I'm done! cheesy

I saw the ITER . . . it's quite huge though. Nigeria should just forget about it for now.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Queed post=36044475]

WICKED! grin grin
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Queed: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Teempakguy post=36075148][/quote]

Don't expose me oo grin grin
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by xdos(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Sorry for coming in late... bin pretty busy lately... Commissioning a power plant somewhere down south... When am a bit free, I'll respond to this topic.. nice topic by d way!
Feraz:
Ermm...hello, how did you arrive at the cost that to power a small house isn't more than #30000? Good evening BTW!

OP, interesting topic. For your analysis on the consumption of power, I think Netotse and Xdos may help.

For the issue of generation of power using fusion, there's a project currently going on now called 'Project ITER'. I'm still hoping to start a topic on that. Should hopefully come back with my proposal or idea on this interesting topic.

Missed this section BTW! Love how y'all are keeping this place alive.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Feraz(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
I'm done! cheesy

I saw the ITER . . . it's quite huge though. Nigeria should just forget about it for now.
Yeah...it's a huge project. I wasn't referring to Nigeria. I was trying to point out that the fusion you have there, it's already been started and you can prolly learn from the project ITER - which btw, I see as the future.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Teempakguy:
I'm done! cheesy

you know, that fuelless generator works...currenty working on one
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
khupid:
you know, that fuelless generator works...currenty working on one
really?
How do you explain it's mechanics?
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Dailiesroom: 12:28am On Aug 01, 2015
Nowadays the email service that one uses is accessible on different platforms like use in sharing Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria, As a result, Gmail Registration and Sign In Page will be of much help in order to ensure that all sessions are logged out properly and by the real user[/email]. There might be activities noted in your inbox from other locations which might be due to your logging into your account simultaneously through different machines or devices or it could be done by someone else.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Dailiesroom: 12:29am On Aug 01, 2015
Dailiesroom:
Nowadays the email service that one uses is accessible on different platforms, like sharing Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria is really an easy way to do that, As a result, [url==http://www.dailiesroom.com/www-gmail-com-for-gmail-registration-and-sign-in-page/]Gmail Registration and Sign In Page will be of much help in order to ensure that all sessions are logged out properly and by the real user[/url]. There might be activities noted in your inbox from other locations which might be due to your logging into your account simultaneously through different machines or devices or it could be done by someone else.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Dailiesroom: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2015
nice
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2015
Teempakguy:
really?
How do you explain it's mechanics?
sorry for my long absence, na PUME preparation cause am...so back to the matter... It's basically recycled energy. Battery turns dc motor which turns alternator which supplies power back to the battery and your appliances...and the cycle continues. Not forgetting the capacitors and diodes in the circuit too. I also took some precautions to ensure that power supplied back to the battery equals the power taken out so the battery never runs out. I haven't found the dc motor i need yet, so i'm trying to order one from aliexpress.
Re: Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria by Nyamuriflathead: 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2021
Teempakguy:
exactly. 24/7 and yes. Turbines would be expensive. So would the pipes be.

can you please give an estimate of the total cost to build geothermal electricity that would power say ten local government areas in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Www.2go.im/download | 2go Sign Up |full 2go Account Registration | Download 2go / Can You Instant Transfer From Venmo To Chime? [2023] Updated / Pls I Need A Very Good Tv Repairer For An Lg Smart Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.