Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. - Investment (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. (46441 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: MMM Is Back And Better With Massive Merging Of Orders. / Us Stock Market 101 – Hot Stock Picks - Train And Get Good Hot Tips / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
Wow,

Your coin analysis blew my mind, never knew people had started in dept analysis of these coins when there are no numbers to base them on. well, I know quite well that is your area of strength, ill rather leave you to it. Please identify a few you thing might move and we could follow the technical analysis on this thread.

I will work with the majors and see if we could rub mind on the performance and potential movement.

YerYer:

Yeah bro, your grasp of technical analysis certainly helps and I try to apply some of the things I've learnt from you when looking at charts. Its actually interesting looking at charts and comparing volumes and what not, what has always turned me off has been the more advanced stuff like MACD, stuff like "cup handle," "head and shoulder" and all these confusing aspects. The simple stuff like recent bottoms and volumes I can relate to. Snagging up ripple at 75cents a piece was a good buy for you.

In regards to crypto recommendations based on fundamentals, you have to go with the popular ones which are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple and bitcoin cash, everything else is even more speculative. That's not to say you cannot trade anyone of them and make some quick buck. In fact I was talking with my colleague at work some weeks back and he was talking about his other friend who trades altcoins and makes a killing. He said he focuses on altcoins with the following qualities: (1) Their market cap must be below $1 billion (2) They must be mine-able and have a total max supply less than 30million (3) the ratio (formula is circulating supply divided market cap) of currently circulating supply and current market cap should be high at least when compared to other cryptos. The 3rd point wasn't very well explained so I kinda tried to understand it in my own way. His thesis was that bitcoin, ether, litecoin and all these high valued coins may continue to rise but they are currently overbought, meanwhile lesser known coins have a higher potential to grow exponentially. Using this strategy, I was able to identify Bitcore (BTX) as having one of the highest ratios and perhaps potential to go higher, its ratio is 0.69 while bitcoin's ratio is 0.019, that's 36 times cheaper. Heck maybe it can be looked at as some kind of EPS for crypto. Anyway, there is no actual science behind this score just as its very difficult determining bitcoin's real value. Perhaps this method can be used to identify a few coins and further technical and fundamental analysis can be applied to determine its true potential.

Its definitely nice to see bitcoin bounce back as well as the stock market. I was down $21k from my portfolio's all time high right before the selloff began but I've recouped 75% of the loss. Also glad I didn't sell any coins either.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ripple Week 25/02/2018

General Market in steady pull pack as shown in the daily graph for Ripple. Please note, the sell volume is decreasing on a daily basis so what we need is to see the first shoot. Please see the 4hr graph on a possible entry point.

The second graph show Ripple in 4hr time frame. You can see the price is bouncing at the bottom showing we need to see a green volume shoot above average for the last 4hrs. This indicates a possible entry point.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
ETCUSD

This is my golden child. As you can see we have a nice cup and handle pattern with price consolidating at the handle with low volume. That is what we want to see. Once the price breaks up the green line in high volume crossing the by point established in the green comment. I will add more to my position.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
ETCUSD 2hrs before the close of 4hr candle

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jideams:

Nice call, right on the money. I was in trading view and I came across one user who predicted bitcoin's rally to bounce $8900. He identified a "reverse head and shoulders formation" and I thought it was very interesting and right on the money when it panned out that way.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
Amazon is at an all time high but it's still a good time to buy. I had a gain of over 115% but bought a few more at $1490 a couple days ago which brought my average profit to 78% or over $13k. Amazon is around $1525 and has the potential to keep shooting up. I noticed the MACD cross and that was why I bought in along with fundamentals of course. I'm a little more inclined now to apply some sort of technical analysis to identify buying and selling points.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by rookidmart: 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
Jideams:
If you're looking at ETC because of the Callisto airdrop then be very careful.
ZCL had the same pump in anticipation of the Bitcoin Private fork and after that it dumped 75% or so.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 3:56am On Mar 06, 2018
Another bitcoin speculation powering another stock today, Square (SQ) the payment processor is said to be planning bitcoin integration on its platform and they stock rallied 9.5% today. I'm not sure why a company if it's size ($14bn) would rally that much over bitcoin related news except of course its a short squeeze, 13% of the stock is 'shorted.' Not complaining though, up 27% or $1,400

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 5:47am On Mar 09, 2018
Yes, I quite agree with you, head and shoulders or inerted head and shoulders are a textbook trading pattern. They seem to work most of the time and are very powerful.

Right now cryptocurrency are in a steady decline and unfortunately, I have not found the option to short the position. Not sure if you could short cryptos at the moment. Does anyone have and Idea if you could actually short the crypto?

YerYer:

Nice call, right on the money. I was in trading view and I came across one user who predicted bitcoin's rally to bounce $8900. He identified a "reverse head and shoulders formation" and I thought it was very interesting and right on the money when it panned out that way.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 5:50am On Mar 09, 2018
Yeyer,

Are you trading the option for this instrument or the underlying stocks? Really interested in your option trades,

YerYer:
Another bitcoin speculation powering another stock today, Square (SQ) the payment processor is said to be planning bitcoin integration on its platform and they stock rallied 9.5% today. I'm not sure why a company if it's size ($14bn) would rally that much over bitcoin related news except of course its a short squeeze, 13% of the stock is 'shorted.' Not complaining though, up 27% or $1,400
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 6:05am On Mar 10, 2018
Thanks,

In reality, I hardly follow the news relating to Cryptos as they are all speculations. No real figures to back them up. The plan is to see what people are doing and trade in relation to price action and volume. Price action and volume provides me with buyer sentiments. I still do not have a solid grip on the Fundamental analysis but looking forward to lessons from YerYer.

Have a clear look at the price action below in relation to volume and you would see decision could have been made earlier before a complete breakdown.

rookidmart:

If you're looking at ETC because of the Callisto airdrop then be very careful.
ZCL had the same pump in anticipation of the Bitcoin Private fork and after that it dumped 75% or so.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2018
Jideams:
Yes, I quite agree with you, head and shoulders or inerted head and shoulders are a textbook trading pattern. They seem to work most of the time and are very powerful.

Right now cryptocurrency are in a steady decline and unfortunately, I have not found the option to short the position. Not sure if you could short cryptos at the moment. Does anyone have and Idea if you could actually short the crypto?

Yeah I'm learning a bit, it's interesting to say the least. I mean who even started all this analysis stuff?

I wish I knew how to trade cryptos like options, I haven't really searched though but I think chinnyonwu margin trades bitcoin. He might have an idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2018
Jideams:
Yeyer,

Are you trading the option for this instrument or the underlying stocks? Really interested in your option trades,

Oh no, I own the stock. Although I've traded Square options in the past. I'm not trading so much options at the moment because they've gotten more expensive since volatitly is much higher now.

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 9:29am On Mar 15, 2018
Exactly,

It is all about volatility. That said, I still need to learn more about it.

YerYer:

Oh no, I own the stock. Although I've traded Square options in the past. I'm not trading so much options at the moment because they've gotten more expensive since volatitly is much higher now.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Segol: 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
nextgoldmine@gmail.com
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
It's been quiet here, I can only hope people were buying the dip in the stock market
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
Netflix reported a spectacular quarter with strong internati9nal growth and the stock shot up over 9%. I like the stock and think it has some potential, but it's run up too high too fast, I'm afraid to add any more positions. Looking at the MACS though, looks like it's at an inflection point and might go even higher. Holding a small postition, I'm up 16%.

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
Amazon reported a it's best quarter earnings and the stock shot up over 6%. They keep proving everyone wrong. It's been a volatile stock the last 2 months, swinging sideways but I've decided to hold this stock for my futre grand kids. Up $15,668 or 78%

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 11:46am On May 10, 2018
This video game developer which was also a bitcoin play popped (NCTY) is up over 200% yesterday on little to no news.
I seized the opportunity and sold all my shares for a decent $1500 gain

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by AdoptedSon: 4:57pm On May 10, 2018
I admire the work of Jideams and YerYer on this thread. I am forced to read this thread from beginning to the end. Really insightful!

Sir just a few questions, I will like to trade US Stocks but I have little . Which platform can I use to get started like a reliable online broker with little commission?

What Penny Stocks can I start with?
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Chai, Jideams don abandon this thread o.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Amazon, the gift that keeps on giving. I checked out twitch, the gaming and live streaming platform they bought for just $1 billion back in 2014 and I was surprised to see so many viewers watching other people play video games. I was even more surprised to see viewers paying the games money. Amazon hasn't revealed the income it's twitch platform generates but I think they got it for really cheap and just like what YouTube has propelled Google, I think Twitch is a gem in the rough. Amazon has increased its adverts for Prime day which is on July 16th, they hardly ever do commercials, I think this will help them blow out previous Prime records. Up 99% or $19.6k

Am also fully back into options, but now i set limit orders 50% below my purchase price and generally cap profits at 100%. So it's like risking $50 to earn $200. It may not always play out like that all the time but an overall win average offsets the loses.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by rentAcock(m): 2:54am On Jul 13, 2018
Rentacock@gmail.com
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
Amazon @ $1987 per share. Buy now before it's $2500

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Amazon crossed 1 Trillion dollars in market cap today, being the 2nd publicly traded company to do so just 1 month after Apple. I'm up over 25k and still plan to hold.

3 Likes

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2019
Its really quiet here shocked
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Infinitisi(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
Bump.

This thread should be revived
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Infinitisi(m): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Bump
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 6:08am On Jan 17, 2020
Infinitisi:
Bump.

This thread should be revived

I agree. It will be nice to have more traders participate. It makes it interesting and interactive, otherwise it just looks like a diary.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Bengurion1: 7:27am On Jan 17, 2020
YerYer:

I agree. It will be nice to have more traders participate. It makes it interesting and interactive, otherwise it just looks like a diary.

Welcome back YerYer.

Lets keep the thread alive. It will be nice if you keep posting your trades and analysis for us to learn from and also participate.
We now have some measure of access to the us market through some fintechs. I believe more access will come with time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

LUNO Nigeria Account Frozen By Court / SARS Arrest Woman Who Opened Ponzi Scheme In Awka After The Scheme Crashed(pics) / Daily Crypto-currency (bitcoin) Trading Signals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.