Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) (21791 Views)

Poll: Do You Smoke Igbo? Do you think it's right?

Yes - It's right and beneficial: 21% (22 votes)
Yes - I know it's bad but I still smoke: 6% (7 votes)
No - I don't but I think it's ok: 19% (20 votes)
No - It is unhealthy and wrong: 46% (47 votes)
Undecided: 5% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Is Among The Top Marijuana Consuming Countries In The World - UN Report / Thread For Those Who Love Weed / Ganja Culture- Do You Smoke Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Pepeye(f): 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
Recipe for disaster
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2009
tpia:

all these users smoking igbo- one would expect you to be the most peaceful people on nairaland.

Arent narcotics supposed to transport you into a semi-comatose state where you see some psychedelic visions and stuff. So why do a lot of users get violent- is it withdrawal symptoms or adulterated weed.

Instead of being offended over some grievance, one would think you'd just light up, puff away and forget your sorrows.

quite puzzling.

maybe we need to start a do you smoke crack / do meth thread. . grin

for those who may be wondering . . .i do caffeine. . .lots of it cheesy
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Hauwa1: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
i do caf too cheesy
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Hesperus(m): 1:25am On Mar 22, 2009
@ server34. . .I flew on tuesday!
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Nobody: 3:16am On Mar 22, 2009
Yes I smoke it!

And what!? grin
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by server34(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2009
Hesperus:

@ server34. . .I flew on tuesday!
hehehehehe . . . take it easy oh make u no go crash land!
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by eyonigger(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2009
I smoke. but not that much, Like once in a week, and just a puff, cos igbo dey spoil fine boy face.
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Hesperus(m): 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2009
server34:

hehehehehe . . . take it easy oh make u no go crash land!

Lol. . .nothin do me, no be today! Meanwhile, how was your Amsterdam flight dis weekend?
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by debosky(m): 12:27am On Mar 23, 2009
So Hauwa you're a caffeine and ganja addict? cheesy

What other addictions do you have? cheesy

Hesperus and server34 - y'all should take it easy on the weed, don't look your mind cheesy
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Hesperus(m): 11:47am On Mar 24, 2009
@ debosky, its just d occasional indulgence. Nothing more.
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by bcblazer(m): 6:24am On Mar 25, 2009
debosky:

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin

Interesting list of Igbo smoking symptoms

1. Being able to put together the pieces of your life puzzle.  grin

2. Getting a hard on while watching telly tubbies  grin

3. Struggling to keep your soul in your body  cheesy

4. Dancing breakdance to imaginary beats  cheesy

5. Last but not least, getting chased by imaginary angels  grin grin grin

Any more symptoms?

Yah, more symptoms. When I remember the first time I smoked weed, damn, it was so nice. That was what got me addicted. We were having the annual Student Union Party in UBC during my freshman year and in residence then, lots of guys and girls gathered for a party before we venture off. Being only 17 then, I just had to join due to peer pressure. Before then, I was mama's boy.  Never smoked nothing neither a pint of alcohol. But that night, I met lot of hot girls through a good friend of mine. I was so shy to talk to most of the girls--honestly, in that area I was so unschooled.

Well, it all started with a kind of binge drinking, keg stands and the like. I couldn't even down a small glass of beer (to me then, it was sooo, soo bitter)! My friend was very supportive because he knows who I am and how I grew up. He was among the big boys in the Student Union.

Then came the time for that joint. He personally brought three girls and one of his friend with me, so we started taking this weed. Man, my first drag, I coughed like a kid and the girls started laughing, calling me a "good boy"!!! How I hated that. My friend gave me a signal in a naija way to represent if I want to get one of these girls tonight--they were among the hottest on campus then.

Na there I kolo ooo! Big boy formings began! I took a whole big blunt and finished it slow and steady! All I remember was that after this big annual party, I became the ladies' man on campus. I woke up in the morning with two hot chicks on my bed (got laid for the first time)!

In fact, looking back, I have no regrets taking weed. I had the best college experience I could ever have. Lots of trip to Cali just to smoke some cali weed. Weed binds people together man!

Thats my story with weed. Now I just take it responsibly when I want to!

But what I hate is when people criticize. If anyone doesn't like weed, then stay far from it. If you'd rather not associate with me because I smoke weed, then stay away from me. But don't criticize. I smoked weed throughout my college yrs almost on daily basis, but still did far better than most of my critics. Now I see them and laugh inside. Doing way better professionally than peers who disliked and critiqued me.

Some disliked me because their girls left them for me then. Is it my fault? They want to blaze and you are stopping them. Fools I would say. Just use common sense and be smart.
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by ifyalways(f): 11:54am On Mar 26, 2009
Intresting thread  cheesy
i dont smoke weed but i do take weed.i don't just take any type of weed but a special stuff,. . . . . skunk  cool.I soak in boiled water and let it sink and simmer,then sieve off the weed and drink it just like tea.its soooooooooooo good for me.
like someone said,if its not good for you,stay away from it.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Hauwa1: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2009
Ify, bless your heart my sister grin. wether it is soaking with garri, taken as tea, added to ujuju soup, add as veggie in our egusi, as long as they do their job in our bodi (head  winkgrin

something in place for green tea  grin
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Hauwa1: 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2009
debosky grin

there is this type they have in java (skool cafe) called 'shot'. oh that thing is powerful man.

they have a very small china to serve the little 'shot' with. only the expert and caf graduate ask for 'shot' lol.
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2009
I knew there must be a reason why ppl dey get banned right left and center.

See as our Modey dey get high on weeds, then them don dey come on NL to dey "moderate". tongue

Seun must be their hustler cheesy cheesy Hustler too dey smoke to get high

NOTE: This was not meant as an offense. Just an observation analyzed and concluded by fellow nairalander[b]s[/b]
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by JJYOU: 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

See as our Modey dey get high on weeds, then them don dey come on NL to dey "moderate". tongue

NOTE: This was not meant as an offense. Just an observation analyzed and concluded by fellow nairalander[b]s[/b]
unbelievable. what do u expect from NL moderators. you cant make it up as they say
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
JJYOU:

unbelievable. what do u expect from NL
What is unbelievable?
The humor part or the part you see that is unidentifiable by me?
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by ijawgirl: 2:42am On Mar 30, 2009
No - It is unhealthy and wrong

never smoked (marijuana, weed, never tried a cigarette sef) and I dont plan too
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by C2H5OH(f): 9:47am On Mar 30, 2009
I have not exactly taken the time to go through the replies on this here thread, but IMHO I perceive postsmokers420 as dumbiums , they look dumb, they smell worse than skunk, their breaths stink, heck they wobble around lazy doing nothing except looking for another opportunity to purchase weed around the street corner. They also drop at least 1 IQ point with each joint they toke.
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2009
Nonsense thread
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Mortiple(m): 11:06am On Mar 31, 2009
brein:

Nonsense thread

(Nigerian) wonders will never cease! While the country is being rebranded, some folks are here glorying in Indian Hemp Smoking! What has happened to our morality?

Sometime ago, someone opened a thread requesting fellow CULTISTS to identify themselves; today, it's HEMP SMOKERS; perhaps, next might be ARMED ROBBERS or PROSTITUTES (Ashawo/Akunakuna) thread.

Our dear Information Minister, Dr. (Mrs.) D. Akunyili, there are still much work to be done.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2009
Roflmao ~ grin grin cheesy
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by opuro(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2009
igbo,
smoke it in the cold you feel hot
smoke it in the desert sun you feel kool
smoke it in the national assembly, you go surport 3rd term
smoke it when nepa strike, you will see stars
smoke it when you are down, you will not be out
somebody smoke am finish self he belief he can fly R KELLY syle
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by tkb417(m): 7:51am On Apr 01, 2009
i don smoke weed and cigar b4.

no biggie, just livin it up tho.
Not saying its cool sha
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by dayokanu(m): 5:19am On Apr 02, 2009
i don smoke weed and cigar b4.

no biggie, just livin it up tho.
Not saying its cool sha

AMUGBO OSHI tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2009
Never tried it, never will.

I don't even smoke regular cigarettes.
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by kevoh(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2009
opuro:

igbo,
smoke it in the cold you feel hot
smoke it in the desert sun you feel kool
smoke it in the national assembly, you go surport 3rd term
smoke it when nepa strike, you will see stars
smoke it when you are down, you will not be out
somebody smoke am finish self he belief he can fly R KELLY syle
grin grin grin
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by debosky(m): 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Seun must be their hustler  cheesy cheesy Hustler too dey smoke to get high

Why wouldn't moderators need weed? The madness and frustration on nairaland drives us to it. We need it to 'step down' after all the wahala of fights, bans and so on everyday.  grin

@ bcblazer

when did you blaze out of UBC? I must say I did hear a lot about the excellent BC bud while I was in school there, but I only perceived but didn't inhale "grin"

@ Mortiple

who is glorifying weed here? Go and rebrand elsewhere if you want, we're just having a bit of a laugh here so stop being a anally retentive.  grin Tell Dora to rebrand cigarette smoking that is obviously cancerous before hating on good ol' ganja.  cheesy

@ Hauwa

I have heard about these 'cafes', though I think the pure grown stuff is still the best.

But I do think you're right, as long as you get the essence in, it doesn't matter how you take it. wink
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Pepeye(f): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

s

lmao
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by MrCrackles(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2009
debosky:

Why wouldn't moderators need weed? The madness and frustration on nairaland drives us to it. We need it to 'step down' after all the wahala of fights, bans and so on everyday. grin

Gbam!! cheesy grin
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2009
I smoke weed but not cigarettes.

Reason;

1. The federal ministry of health has no problems with it on like cigarettes. grin
Re: Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) by tpia: 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation / Hananya Naftali Shares Eri Festival Moments Online / Incredible MAN Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.