Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,591 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine (32431 Views)

Reno Omokri's Tweet About Kachikwu, Atiku, Fayose & Buhari Got Twitter Boiling / Fayose: Buhari On Life-Support, Needs Prayer, Presidency Must Tell Us Truth / Fayose: Buhari Just Making Noise On Corruption. The Cable. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by simeonii(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
House of assembly and start fumbling, like it was in the days of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. Such things can’t happen again.

“And that brings me to the fact that Ekiti is gone for good from the hands of APC. Even if Senator Bola Tinubu [the leader of APC] becomes the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) chairman, they will lose in Ekiti, because they are not on the ground here. The kind of politics I play is that wherein I tie myself to the people, not the people tying themselves to me. If you look at the processes of the botched impeachment, what happened aftermath, was a defence put up by the people, not even me. We, however, thank God. It was the Lord’s doing.”

He said Nigerians voted the ruling party because they wanted change but rather that meet their expectations, Buhari has been playing to the gallery.

Fayose said the pace of the current administration is “too slow”, dismissing the impression that his state received any form of bailout from the federal government.

“The people said PDP was not doing it well, they voted us out. Okay. PDP was not doing well, let us see what APC has to offer. But for me, they have not started well. This pace is too slow and they are playing to the gallery too much,” he said.

“Apart from other issues like the north/south dichotomy, religious sentiments and change in itself, one of the key reasons, in terms of policy and in terms of needs, why Nigerians voted for President Buhari is security. They want to be secure.

“Everybody was shouting “bring back our girls”, the APC was shouting that Jonathan had no capacity and that the moment Buhari comes in, within 30 days, Boko Haram will be inside the River Niger. Rather, Boko Haram is now spreading their tentacles and growing in confidence. Both opposition and the government must stay together to fight insurgency, but I need to remind them that they were the people politicising this thing.

“So, it has come to the fore. But it is a different ball game now: governance and opposition. When they were in opposition, they could be using propaganda to deceive the people, bamboozle them and use the press to their advantage. But you cannot use propaganda to lead the people. Look at an instance: they came out to say that they had done a bailout. To whom did they give the bailout? Are they also bailing themselves out? Nobody has bailed Ekiti out. We have only got our legitimate allocation which is tax from NLNG.

“It was Ekiti’s basic entitlement under the allocation procedures. I got N2.1 billion and my wage bill is N2.6 billion. So, when you now say bailout, a bailout that cannot pay one month’s salary, how do you explain that? I said about a week ago that there’s no issue of bailout and I cannot be telling the APC-led government that that they are deceiving Nigerians and playing to the gallery. The so-called bailout issue is playing to the gallery. So, to me there’s no issue of bailout. When Jonathan was there, this tax from NLNG went straight to the federation account.

“Today, they are in power, they can say whatever they have to say. Jonathan is gone, they should leave Jonathan alone and face the act of governance. They said PDP cannot do it well; they are there now. They should, please, try their best for us and leave propaganda.

“Another thing is that the president and vice-president announced that they will forfeit 50 percent of their salaries. That is also playing to the gallery. I can forfeit everything, because salary is meaningless. I’m ready to forfeit all of my own… the whole salary, not half, because we know the truth. We know where people in government make money.

“The president should go a little bit further and forfeit other benefits he enjoys. For instance, all the benefits of the state house in Abuja and protocol. There are a lot of benefits that will accrue to the president in terms of travelling, in terms of sitting allowances and other allowances that are due the president. He must cut the cost, because the benefits are more far-reaching than salary. The president’s salary is N1.1 million. Is the president telling us that he has forfeited N550,000 to Nigerians to change our fortune? No.

“Even my own salary is about N700,000; I’m ready to give it out without complaining and I’m not going to announce it on the radio or television. And, interestingly, you cannot forfeit it by words of mouth, because there is nowhere you will post it anyway in the revenue mobilisation law. You can take it and use it to promote the cause of Nigerians, but don’t tell us you are ready to forfeit half of your salary and it’s a big deal. No, it’s not.

“They should be able to take decisive steps to advance the cause of Nigerians beyond sentiment.

“They’ve been there almost two months and they had about seven weeks before swearing-in. Yet, they’ve not been able to give us direction that they mean well. I’m speaking this way because I’m in the opposition, I’m not in their party.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-cant-disturb-ekiti-says-fayose

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
undecided

11 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by INTROVERT(f): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
I am
Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by dam4wummy(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
For hell abi
Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by simeonii(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
“Another thing is that the president and vice-president announced that they will forfeit 50 percent of their salaries. That is also playing to the gallery. I can forfeit everything, because salary is meaningless. I’m ready to forfeit all of my own… the whole salary, not half, because we know the truth. We know where people in government make money.

“The president should go a little bit further and forfeit other benefits he enjoys. For instance, all the benefits of the state house in Abuja and protocol. There are a lot of benefits that will accrue to the president in terms of travelling, in terms of sitting allowances and other allowances that are due the president. He must cut the cost, because the benefits are more far-reaching than salary

lipsrsealed

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by ELTON123(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
Am not surprised

all the money wey u don carry finnish

Who u wan deceive

12 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
now the wind of change is blowing...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by heryeendey(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
rubish

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by wachakuta(m): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hu come de stop am nah?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by dammyblaq(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
I pray oo.
Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Young03(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
like seriously?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by tym92(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
2 much of MOUTH

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by layinkakeem(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
God bless you buhari !
Sai baba
Sai buhari

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by teepsee(f): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
See them. Eyes service. They will still get times two of that money in other ways. Is it not in this country? God pass them

16 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by 360ng: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ok

NEXT ....
Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by ladyF(f): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
So after holding back salary of civil servants, he has the audacity to tell us he has been collecting salary all this while. God punish devil!

Front Page Chilling grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by frinx: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
After they forfeit their salaries, the funds they would end up embezzelling will be greater than all their salary paid for life...

Dont forfeit salary develop your state, thats all we want.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Like he ment it

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by godoluwa(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Good talk Fayose. waiting for APC e-rat to spew bullshit as usual

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Kelvin0(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Fayose : Dishing out raw truth to the APC and Buhari since Coca-Cola was sold for 7.5 kobo

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by defemidefemi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
this FAYOSE need to be told that it is too early for him to complain, at least we gave PDP 16 yrs b4 we call for change & we voted 4 APC bcoz we clearly see that, PDP MEMBERS have nothing to offer.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Coolboi05(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Dah will be a gud development..atleast he made u do dat

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by seankay(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Forfeit all ur allowances not just d meagre salary

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by olapluto(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
If I were you Fayose, I will be quiet. Buhari has proven to be systematic in coming after people like you.

31 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by michesta(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
That's my governor but don't o. Happy sunday everyone

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by sunnyuche1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
ok. this guy too dey talk sha, but I like am like that. talking working :Pok.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Faremisodeeq(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
Fayose i swear u b correct man. Always gbadun u. In temitemi's voice fayose my role model

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by JingoOAU(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
One day, this guy acts normal, another day, he acts insane and moronic

What a governor of Fountain of Knowledge

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by jamoscofield(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
yes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by Caracta(f): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
Deep words and analysis.

I'm with you on this Fayose. Your salary could be 700k but at least you made us understand that there are many paths to the river. The allowances and chop chop could amount to 10 times the salary. And that defeats the sacrifice.

Enough of the noise. Let the work begin. With the IGG (initial gra gra) of APC before election, one would think the problems of Nigeria would disappear into thin air. I still have faith in the present government even though we bought their Red Sea approach.

Where is the Promised Land, Moses Buhari? We have tarried too long on this mountain?

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by lonelydora: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
Are we talking of salary or allowances? Please you people do the work and blab here and there.
Re: Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
All wat this one does is talk and drink palm wine. ekiti hasn't progressed one bit.....well its none of my business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Must Speak On Dasuki Scandal – PDP / Wike Sacks Princewill Chike For Hosting Programme Without Permission / Pictures Of President Buhari And Aisha In Malabo, Equatorial Guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.