Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (81612 Views)

Courses That Give One Automatic Admission / Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by frenzymirakk(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2015
Berrypie:
Mass comm is so easy, Sociology too.

who ar u. Am sure u ar still at home or mayb u ar studying sexology. Who told u mass comm is easy. Pls go and rewryt post UTME if u ar not sure

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by zicoraads: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
Tomfrench:
OP must be high on Jamaican grass!!

engineering and geology

i doubt if you're really a science student undecided
zicoraads:
Generally speaking though, it's easier to bag a first class degree in courses that entail calculations than those that don't have calculations. So, I totally agree with some of the courses the OP posted there.
Put simply, it's much more 'easier' for anyone to bag a first class degree in Mathematics/Computer Science, than for anyone to bag that same class of degree in English Language.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
Cutehector:
Sexology...

The course is being offered in national open university tongue

Why go to university
wetin do ur room?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
Baba tell am o. How many yrs now no first class
Faremisodeeq:
This op na comedian. Geology for OAU na die.
Israel5:
what do u think? Is law/med easy?
no course is easy as for law/Med u just have to keep reading

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by STEVENcrack(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
I finished with Distinction MCB..
Its all about determination andd what you actually want for yoursef. And most esp prayers because of some sadistic lecturers.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by khassy(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
odizeey:
y ppl con dey rush d sch sef
BC them no d go strike
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by chiwuike20: 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
I have no Idea about geology in all the higher institutions of learning in the world, but, geology in OAU, is the hardest course to obtain a first class degree.

if a single OAU student disagrees with this fact, then it's either I am not an OAU student or the greatest liar ever

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Oyindaberry(f): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
Not in the University of Ilorin, ESP Pol science; engineering na die. If one is not careful, he/she will spill, splash, splush, and what have you.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by chiwuike20: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:

without dispute
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Bdemmy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:

Don't mind him.

There was a year that nobody graduated from that department in UI.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by haftob(m): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
1... Agric related courses
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
6.... Public administration
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy
Contary opinion are accepted

Contrary to what ppl are saying, I tink u're spot on. The only course I will want u to remove is Geology. I'm an engineering student in one of the top federal universities and I tell u it's easy to make a 1st class in engineering if u're very hardworking but if nt 3rd class,u won't see.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
You remind me of Prof. Ako.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Segse(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
i knew i'd get crucified for putting engr courses on that list,i didnt specify which engineering course,the likes of agricultural engr,computer engr,food engr,system engr, food tech... this are cheap courses i knw some of my friends who are currently having a first class in engr courses

Graduate from any of the engineering courses with a 1st class before sharing any opinion here abeg
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by pythondjango(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
Olamyyde:

The op mad gan. People who graduate with first class are exceptionally brilliant. It's not even about hardwork or studying everyday(especially in federal universities). Studying like a mad man will only give 2.1 or 2.2 in engineering.
Well said olamyde,d op think first class easy for comp.sci,hmmm.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Israel5(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
leemah4u:
no course is easy as for law/Med u just have to keep reading
ok.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by soshi(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
op engineering like seriously....or are u talking bout fishery?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Iamoilprince(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
like seriously ? geology ? first class ? i cant lie the op is high!

#Unimaid Geology has only one first class since it was introduced 1991

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by mysteryman2014: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
To obtain first class in any course is not easy that is if it is obtained by study and not otherwise.

Knowledge is convergent, hence first class involve the use of high level of mental cognition which is not possessed by all.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Akindeadewale(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy

OP i for swear for u ni maybe u never enter four corners of a university or polytechnics,modify that post and remove engineering.to get 2.2 sef na world warIII

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by mashin(m): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
Physics hardest to make firstclass for engineering every year we have firstclass in my university UAM
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by tunexkiboy: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
I was jus looking if ild c Biochemistry der, dats wen I finally accept d op is craze, bt ure stil mini craze for putting eng courses

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Graccccccccy(f): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
i knew i'd get crucified for putting engr courses on that list,i didnt specify which engineering course,the likes of agricultural engr,computer engr,food engr,system engr, food tech... this are cheap courses i knw some of my friends who are currently having a first class in engr courses
My sister, which school do those friends of yours attend?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by MAJOLAUTOS: 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
zicoraads:

Generally speaking though, it's easier to bag a first class degree in courses that entail calculations than those that don't have calculations. So, I totally agree with some of the courses the OP posted there.
Put simply, it's much more 'easier' for anyone to bag a first class degree in Mathematics/Computer Science, than for anyone to bag that same class of degree in English Language.

Please, desist from making assumptions when using the term "generally". Where did you get your demographics? Where are the data? What criteria did you use in making your decisions? How did you arrive at your conclusions?

You said, "... it is easier getting first class degree in courses that entail calculations..." This is what's called a sweeping statement. You think computing, engineering, and related courses are all about calculations. What about making critical decisions when it's most needed especially when subjected to tight deadline; or writing technical and non-technical reports; or yet making recommendations as well as catching up to tons of course works? Perhaps, those emerge from calculations?

In conclusion, first class is not necessary, just ensure you do your best and enjoy every bit of challenges thrown at you.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Eeeehhhhnnn.....................Goelogy ke. Engineering............easy as how?

Don't even think about it. Geology and Engineering no be beans oooo. I don't know what you yardstick is for reaching your conclusion. But these two courses are mad courses

Underate them at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=zicoraads post=36054522][/quote] yea ... your right...about Mathmatics...

but Computer science, GEOLOGY!! and Engineering...

are not all about calculations...
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by shegzyblaq(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
Winna01:
No Course is easy.... #Ind.ChemistNo Course is easy.... #Ind.Chemist

U are as right as the truth bruh
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by valmunich(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
This OP must be high on some cheap weed to have included social sciences and humanity courses there undecided That list should be mostly physical sciences undecided the former studies dynamics while the latter study statics. In static sciences , you already know it is what it is, no long processes, give them what they want and bag your first class. For dynamic sciences cum humanities which focuses rather on human behaviors which unlike the "statics" categorically changes, one has to argue and argue consequent to changing human behavior and disparities in standpoints. . .

for instance, your view about a phenomenon might be contrary to that of your lecturer and subscribing for anything contrary to his/her standpoint for some lecturers, is somewhat detrimental to one's mark. . . Need I say more?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by haftob(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
Olamyyde:
Complete and utter thrash...especially for engineering. Out of 1500 students who have graduated from the college of engineering in my school, not more than 20 have gotten a first class. I don't blame u sha, UI and unilag have made engineering look easy. The stress alone of engineering in my school can make one wonder if he/she is doing a master's program
UI and UNILAG dint make engineering look easy, I'm a UNILAG engineering student and I can tell u dat it is the calibre of students dat UNILAG admit into engineering dat made dem to be churning out 1st class. UNILAG admit very smart students into it's engineering programs that u'll wonder if these students are normal. These students can read anytin and destroy any exam, I'm saying these cos I'm presently a student and I marvel at the level of smartness of some of my colleagues, these guys are just superb. Tho we av many among us that are average and below average too, infact dem plenty dat u'll be wondering how they got admitted into the faculty and it always reflected in dia grades and the no of yrs they use to study the courses.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by eitsei(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

trash....remove geology pls.,come earn ur first class in geology in schools like futa u will knw y geosciences no b beans
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by henryobinna(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
computer science is easy when you're looking at it, but attenpting it you'll know wether its easy or not.

by the way, being is relative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission For 2009/2010 Session / Science Courses One Can Study Without Physics In O'level? / Mmesoma Ejikeme Opens Up After JAMB Accused Her Of Forging JAMB Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.