Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (81616 Views)

Courses That Give One Automatic Admission / Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Olamyyde(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
haftob:

UI and UNILAG dint make engineering look easy, I'm a UNILAG engineering student and I can tell u dat it is the calibre of students dat UNILAG admit into engineering dat made dem to be churning out 1st class. UNILAG admit very smart students into it's engineering programs that u'll wonder if these students are normal. These students can read anytin and destroy any exam, I'm saying these cos I'm presently a student and I marvel at the level of smartness of some of my colleagues, these guys are just superb. Tho we av many among us that are average and below average too, infact dem plenty dat u'll be wondering how they got admitted into the faculty and it always reflected in dia grades and the no of yrs they use to study the courses.
Sorry, my mistake. The admission cutoff marks for engineering in unilag are usually very high meaning they admit many intelligent students.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by jydmak(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=aloa3 post=36039721]Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
1... Agric related courses
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
6.... Public administration
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy
Contary opinion are accepted

engineering ? OK I hear u. ppl like u will not know answer to 1+1
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by jydmak(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy

engineering ? OK I hear u. ppl like u will not know answer to 1+1
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
bezimo:

Op.You are very confuse.I I think you alone reasons that way.No course is easy. Its hardwork and dedication and commitment that births excellent result in these courses you mentioned. Even at that, that you studied had and worked very hard in a course still doesn't guarantee First Class results.Next time carry your confuse opinion that cannot be backed with empirical evidence and dump it in your fathers house.Dont come to Nairaland and advertise the abundance of your ignorance.
Oh Engineering is easy.Let you or any member of your family come and get the first class let me see how truly easy it is.

Yes it is true Most First Class graduates in Nigeria are
engineers. I made First Class in Engineering so I understand.

But the reason why we have alot of First Class in engineering is
not because engineering is easy. Engineering is tough. It
requires alot of hardwork.

The reason for d many first class is simple. it is because of the
kind of students that mostly sturdy engineering in Nigeria.
It is a known fact that majority of the smartest, brilliant and
intelligent students in Secondary Schools chose science class
over art and social science. And Most of the brilliant students in
Science either choose Medicine or engineering in JAMB.

So we can clearly say most of the best brain in Nigeria study
medicine and Engineering. because of Medicine grading
system, u dont hear of First class doctors.

But because engineering is graded like every other course in d
University, most first class are from Engineering.

In summary, the reason why First Class is common in s courses
you listed, has nothing to do with course but rather with the
kind of students that study d course.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by menshealth1234: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2015

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by jakesund(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
Geology no be beans ooo
Especially in OAU
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by spencekat(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
i knew i'd get crucified for putting engr courses on that list,i didnt specify which engineering course,the likes of agricultural engr,computer engr,food engr,system engr, food tech... this are cheap courses i knw some of my friends who are currently having a first class in engr courses
The bottom line is that Engineering produces intelligent graduates.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by xeeco: 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
Not in social science related course with the exception of Economics. Social science and art subjects are subjective and dynamic in its approach to human behaviour, culture and society. In principle, it's not static, which in most case make its difficult to evaluate as most accurate in comparison to other assumptions.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Folanky(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

If yu graduate wit 2:1 frm any of those dept in "OAU" then yu ar a better candidate for SHOKI and 1 bottle of ODEKU. Arghhh dept of political sci, geology, yoruba,philosopy!!!!!! Those dept are CGPA slasher.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Temysteve(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

if i hear say Geology na easy course!! I go tell internet make hin slap u
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by sheettle(m): 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
OP, I studied English/Yoruba Education at NCE level. Studying Yoruba was hell, the lecturers are sadists. During my set, out of 50 students that did Yoruba combinations only 2 students graduated with Credit which is equivalent to university 2:120 students has merit, the rest were passed.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=Ayietim post=36053981]
. Bro. , i love you for this piece of Advice..
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by walexy14(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ksslib:
It was when i saw engineering courses that i knew for sure that its either craze dey worry this op or na the @op dey worry craze.

Of course I do realize its within everyone's right to have an opinion but some opinions are better swallowed than said. What da hell!!!

You guys should stop acting as if engineering is one hard course jor.... Electrical engineering is one of the easy course that you can graduate with a first class,not sure of the rest Engineering courses sha . am a graduate of Physics / Telecommunication and I did electrical courses from my 100l to 500l , so am so sure of what am saying.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Bussietos(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
Agric related courses? come funaab u go know say no be small thing in a nut shell no course is easy.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Dhelake: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
Olamyyde:

It actually is Funaab. There was no 1st class gpa in the present 100l last result sef. No engineering course is easy, even agric engineering na die. cry
are you a funaab Csc student?
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by buchi16(f): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
Fynestboi:

See argumentum ad ignoratium..
no b small fallacy..argument frm ignorance
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by skedemi(m): 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
This op na comedian. Geology for OAU na die.
As in..Bovi in d making....For UI n OAU,if u play draw(2:2) wc is second class lower for geology.....go 7 churches go do tnksgiving

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by engrajoo1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
I tink d op must b atkin his indain hempo wit ogogoro wen he was writing ds me wey b say i sabi buk small sef upon aw much i read and aw i easily geh distinctn for ND1 wen my final result came out i was 0.04 behind frm distinctn as i dey HND nw i stil dey fear cux it got to a stage i talk say y i no go collect building tech form sotey na stil civil engineering i still dey do if me wey dey poly fit dey talk lik dat wat of those that ar in d uni even before u get to my dept d kind oke olumo oke jewoese re wey u go climb sef na die proudly #OSCOTECH esaoke
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by martmal(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
Most of us often base our comments here on sentiments instead of facing d real facts. D op is not trying to say those courses are cheap neither is it that it is easy to get a first class there. But u just find out that at every convocation, u'll see 2 or 3 pple graduading with a first class in these courses . (Especially in engineering) whereas some department for 20 or more years have only produced either 1 or no first class candidate.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Alexander001(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

I take God beg you, don't advice your friend, brother or sister even your enemy to study political science, geology, agric related courses, e.c.t and computer science in UNICAL... second class go be by God Grace.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Kei144(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
Some years ago, I teased guy who just graduated from Electronic Engineering in UNN by asking him if he was going to come back for Masters. He told me that he wanted to be sure he had actually completed the first degree he came for. He went on to lament that he had come to UNN to read Medicine, but unfortunately his O' Level results disqualified him, which made him to make the mistake of coming to Engineering.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by damjos(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
GEOLOGY!!!,op come OOU u go know wat geology really mean....u fit talk courses like microbiology or applied zoology...but geology. if a hear...
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by nunzk: 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2015
1st class no be joke 4 even pidgin lng talkess a university course.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by BaWoahGDP: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
Abeg make person tell OP say Geology for Great UNIBEN nuh easy oooo. The field work alone na dai... Even an engineering student that followed us complained bitterly after one day of loggin... GREAT NMGS! GREAT UNIBEN
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
walexy14:

You guys should stop acting as if engineering is one hard course jor.... Electrical engineering is one of the easy course that you can graduate with a first class,not sure of the rest Engineering courses sha . am a graduate of Physics / Telecommunication and I did electrical courses from my 100l to 500l , so am so sure of what am saying.

What did you fill in ur JAMB form? You most likely filled engineering but got admission in Physics/Telecommunition.

Just like i said b4, many first class in engineering had nothing to do with how difificult or how easy engineering is.

But it is simply because Medicine and Engineering attract d best brains in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
pls if she specify d engineering courses she meant wake me up
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
elnino2015:

Elect/Elect Engr is relatively easy to bag a First Class depending on the school. I graduated with a GPA above 4.0, I probably would have made a First if not for the borrowed courses we did in our 2nd and 3rd year.

The course "EEE" is easy and sweet; depending on the school though.
Choi! Bros You Na Lion Of Africa ooh!
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by stanisbaratheon: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
for the OP to have added Engineering to that list makes me wonder if she's still in secondary school.

That was how a friend of mine came to uniport for his Post-Utme and was bragging about making a first class in Chemical Engineering if he gets admitted but in the end he couldn't even pass the post-utme. I just laugh am
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by delors(m): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
Number 1 should be economcs.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by PrinceMario(m): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
I instantly took the Op as a joker immediately I saw engineering as the second easiest course to study.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by RaeMystix: 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
I hear sociology is a very easy course. grin
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by bigiyaro(m): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
momentum85:
Op u're dreaming! Engineering courses are not beans
every course na beans if u dey do course wey u get talent to do, bt wen u like to dey party n ur fada force enter course wey pass ur power or u choose course becos u want to belong, hmmmm na oyo be dat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission For 2009/2010 Session / Science Courses One Can Study Without Physics In O'level? / Mmesoma Ejikeme Opens Up After JAMB Accused Her Of Forging JAMB Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.