Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) (6432 Views)

Fayose, Ambode, Amosun, Akeredolu In Abeokuta For South-West Governors Forum / Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region / Continuous Internal War Against The Former Eastern Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
UncleJudax:

You actually think these people reason? The shemail obviously didn't read the article. Just wanted to take a swipe at Igbos.

Op, your submissions are spot on. I once told barcanista that we (SE and SS) have to 'collabo' economically before politically.

We have got to restore the lost glory.
I am in agreement of the unity. It is inevitable... Unfortunately, this thread (a potential beautiful thread) is going "tribal".
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by UncleJudax(m): 10:52am On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
I am in agreement of the unity. It is inevitable... Unfortunately, this thread (a potential beautiful thread) is going "tribal".

It is a given, that the agents of regression will come to sow the seeds of distrust. But, it is the duty of the good people of the Eastern region to sanitize the thread.

Let's fix the eastern region. Lets go!
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2015
UncleJudax:

It is a given, that the agents of regression will come to sow the seeds of distrust. But, it is the duty of the good people of the Eastern region to sanitize the thread.

I think people tend to misunderstand the concept of unity between Ss and SE.
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by UncleJudax(m): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
I think people tend to misunderstand the concept of unity between Ss and SE.
Well, it is our job to conspicuously separate Unity from Secession. That is the sticking point.

And I don't even think it requires the hard sell, if we believe.
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by iiiyyyk(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2015
UncleJudax:

Yes u get it, those agents of regression know what they are doing. They will always try to paint Igbos Bad on media platforms, but will go back to sell lands to Igbos in their region for Igbos to develop, the will even appoint Igbos into their Govt.
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by UncleJudax(m): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Yes u get it, those agents of regression know what they are doing. They will always try to paint Igbos Bad on media platforms, but will go back to sell lands to Igbos in their region for Igbos to develop, the will even appoint Igbos into their Govt
Of course! It is an open secret. The motto is divide and rule. And they are all out to permanently or reasonably weaken the Eastern alliance.

1 Like

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Eastlink(m): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2015
I agree with you OP. Anything that can put to a decline the monopoly of Lagos is welcome by me. It's time we revolutionalize the east. Our SEastern Igbo brothers should start thinking home.
#Operationdeclinelagosmonopoly#

2 Likes

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Omololu007(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:
s

Why don't u read b4 u comment. The op said eartern nigeria is made up of present 5 SE states and 4 of the SS state. Nobody is seperating yorubas from itshekiri, that is extablish fact.

Nigeria didn't start yesterday, thats y the post said Part of SS and SE have been one from time Immemorial. Our relationship is not based on colonial and post colonial era.

Secondly Nobody is claiming any where, the post talk about Economic partnership for growth of the both regions.

pls can u tell me wot made a man from obudu in cross river state,or a man from kaima in bayelsa state or an isoko in delta state,or an ogoni in rivers state one wit d ibos?
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Eastlink(m): 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Omololu007:
pls can u tell me wot made a man from obudu in cross river state,or a man from kaima in bayelsa state or an isoko in delta state,or an ogoni in rivers state one wit d ibos?

Christianity,
Similar Culture, Food, Dance and Dress code.(We dont eat Amala and Ewedu).
We have similar skin complexion.
We value the sanctity of life.
We keep our words (No back stabbing).
We occupy the same bight of Bonny(Biafra). And have been interacting since centuries ago.
Lastly, You call everyone from the SE/SS irrespective of tribe Omo Ibo.

More Loading...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Balkan(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
Omololu007:
Why are you Yorubas so scared when hear SS/SE union. I keep trying to get answer to this issue. You will see them coming in to claim SS on NL. Can anyone explain this to me.

4 Likes

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Kagawash07: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:
s

Why don't u read b4 u comment. The op said eartern nigeria is made up of present 5 SE states and 4 of the SS state. Nobody is seperating yorubas from itshekiri, that is extablish fact.

Nigeria didn't start yesterday, thats y the post said Part of SS and SE have been one from time Immemorial. Our relationship is not based on colonial and post colonial era.

Secondly Nobody is claiming any where, the post talk about Economic partnership for growth of the both regions.

No, you should read the post you quoted and be conversant with the discussion before jumping head on!
You implied that the SW can't claim the old midwestern region because there's no cultural affinity between them, does that make sense to you?
Lastly, get a brain!
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Kagawash07: 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Yes u get it, those agents of regression know what they are doing. They will always try to paint Igbos Bad on media platforms, but will go back to sell lands to Igbos in their region for Igbos to develop, the will even appoint Igbos into their Govt.

What do you ibo want?
If no one appoints you eediots into govt, you scream marginalization and victim yet you clamour for biafra?
Bunch of dishonest confused people!
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by JuicyTesticles: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
pablothaescobar:
this is what awaits you and your worthless igbo tribe

That is you burying your decendants. AMEN.
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
pablothaescobar:
The worst thing that would happen to any south south ethnic minority would be in alliance with the igbos. The igbos are the worst set of human beings alive. The igbos are crooks and untrustworthy set of individuals. They're only after our oil, natural resources, favourable weather conditions and our access to the sea. Their lands are waste lands that have being ravaged by erosion. My Brothers and my Sisters from the South south these fools and us don't share a common interest. What we need is resource control and true federalism and not secession unlike these born losers and separatists. These never do well people will only marginalise us in that their hopeless and worthless fraud of a country called biafra. They so want us badly cos their thieves who want to plunder on our resources and make us second class citizens just the way they are. They have nothing in their land. Don't be deceived there's no oil in their Godforsaken wasteland.

wen u mention second class citizen u made ur foolish Yoruba self..
w

no Niger deltan will refer to an Igbo as second class citizen.

5 Likes

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by omoelesa(m): 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
We know all this alliance is because of oil and a section is landlock and unproductive,so that section need to seriously attached it self to the other.yeye
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Omololu007(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
Balkan:
Why are you Yorubas so scared when hear SS/SE union. I keep trying to get answer to this issue. You will see them coming in to claim SS on NL. Can anyone explain this to me.
i dont hav tym for 1diots,nairaland is a forum wia pple av diffrent opinions concernin diffrent issue,,if u wanna talk about d SS/SE union witout any yoruba man gettin scared,u can create a SS/SE forum or just discuss about it in ur huse
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Omololu007(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Eastlink:

Christianity,
Similar Culture, Food, Dance and Dress code.(We dont eat Amala and Ewedu).
We have similar skin complexion.
We value the sanctity of life.
We keep our words (No back stabbing).
We occupy the same bight of Bonny(Biafra). And have been interacting since centuries ago.
Lastly, You call everyone from the SE/SS irrespective of tribe Omo Ibo.

More Loading...
gush! Wia do senseless fools lik u do com out from sef? Is christianity an ibo or south south religion? Asari dokunbo is a muslim,tivs are xtian,idomas are xtians,do dey mean dey will b part of biafra too?..do d ijaws,ogonis or urobo pple eat abacha? Wot history do ibos and a man from obudu in cross river state has in common? It was lord lugard a british man dat created d eastern region,am sure u know dat...u talked about "back stabbing" who back stab who,and how wia dey back stabbed And what do u mean by u hav d same skin complexion,u mean d ijaws and ibos hav d same skin complexion? How old are u sef? Cos u sound lik a boy not more dan 15yr old wit d way u fink,if u are an adult,i would hav refered to u as a daft fo.ol,but am gonna pardon ur daftness,cos u are still a kid grin

1 Like

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by UncleJudax(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Omololu007:
i dont hav tym for 1diots,nairaland is a forum wia pple av diffrent opinions concernin diffrent issue,,if u wanna talk about d SS/SE union witout any yoruba man gettin scared,u can create a SS/SE forum or just discuss about it in ur huse
Boi, listen to you. Isn't this the most tastlessly stuppid thing ever written?

You sure are a proud ediot! grin
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Omololu007(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
UncleJudax:
Boi, listen to you. Isn't this the most tastlessly stuppid thing ever written?
You sure are a proud ediot! grin
k
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by iiiyyyk(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
Kagawash07:

What do you ibo want?
If no one appoints you eediots into govt, you scream marginalization and victim yet you clamour for biafra?
Bunch of dishonest confused people!

Now u asking question, but calling others eediot. Are this violent and insecure
But this tread is not abaut Igbo, tthe op read SS/SE Economic alliance for development of the 2 regions.

Now what we want is True Regional Federalism,
SS controle their resources
SE control theirs.
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Appleyard(m): 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
You guys should stop all these secession talks and agitation. It is an ill wind that will blow nobody any good!

Economic collaboration between south south and south east is feasible, not withstanding the differences in cultural and historical background. However, the major problem at hand now, are the twin evils of corruption and the high level of government insensitivity towards the plight of the people. And wiith these still ravaging our national sense of belonging, no amount of collaboration would yield the much needed development and better standard of living: certainly not with the types of economic and political demons we have as leaders.

Yes, true or fiscal federalism is spmething the Nation needs right now, but that too will amount to nothing in the absence of of a heavily minimized, if not totally eradicated corruption ruling elites at all various level of our national lives! It isn't the system that is really the major fault right now, it is mostly our sense of perception and inability to tackle a successfully institutionalized corruption as a way of life, and an overwhelming carnage of government insensitivity to the plight of the populace at large. That is the REal Problem!

Just Consider this, the little amount of Federal allocation and internal generated revenue, plus the various loans and grants available to the states governments in the SS and SE sinsce the inception of democracy, what have they done with it? What good dividends of democracy has it brought to our states, your senatorial districts, reps and states constituencies, LGAs, council wards, and so on? What have the common people gain so far from their own respective leaders? I will tell you what: nothing, other than looting, embezzlement and mismangement. Your governors, my governors, your senators, my senators, reps, commissioners, chairmen, the economic oligarchs, etcs.. These are the real ENEMIES! Its not this region or that region, nor igbo, hausa or yoruba; but a terminal disease of leadership. The greedy, thieving, bastard sons of Cain who dont give a dime if you and i dies. And as long as they continue to roam the paths of our national destiny, we will continuie to experience travails and hardship; unless we are able to curtail them, if not stop them, and make them accountable for their actions and inactions.

Seccession or political restructuring of the nation wont solve all of it, because it is the same people that would still constitue the leadership arrangements, and which in turn may lead to more chaos and anarchy. Libya, South Sudan, Ukraine, etc,quickly comes to mind!

2 Likes

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Nsonso: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
pablothaescobar:
so anyone who doesn't support your worthless biafra is a yoruba man? An average igbo person is very stupid. This is what awaits you

And may u neva escape the activity of bokoharam.
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by iiiyyyk(m): 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
Omololu007:

But is true, why are u scared of SS/SE alliance for Economic develooment?

Won't you be happy if calabar port is dredged and akwa ibom port developed and made a viable cantainer and cargo terminals.
Then the numerous inland water ways develop, the eastern rail way modernised, Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi industrial hubs expanded,
Agricultural produce eg Palm oil, canshew etc and Industrial products easily exported and imported via calabar, Ibeno and PH.

Won't you be happy, If Igbos channel their business acttivities east ward, and going deep into central Africa? At leasr Lagos will be free for u, thought its what u want?
Why then are u against this innitative ? are u an enermy of progress or a witch?
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Omololu007(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Won't you be happy if calabar port is dredged and akwa ibom port developed and made a viable cantainer and cargo terminals.
Then the numerous inland water ways develop, the eastern rail way modernised, Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi industrial hubs expanded,
Agricultural produce eg Palm oil, canshew etc and Industrial products easily exported and imported via calabar, Ibeno and PH.

Won't you be happy, If Igbos channel their business acttivities east ward, and going deep into central Africa? At leasr Lagos will be free for u, thought its what u want?
Why then are u against this innitative ? are u an enermy of progress or a witch?

pls bro i dont really understand u,ao am i against dis innitiative?
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Omololu007(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Now what we want is True Regional Federalism, SS controle their resources SE control theirs.
is it shoutin on nairaland daily dat will mak u achieve dis?
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by iiiyyyk(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
Appleyard:
You guys should stop all these secession talks and agitation. It is an ill wind that will blow nobody any good!

Economic collaboration between south south and south east is feasible, not withstanding the differences in cultural and historical background. However, the major problem at hand now, are the twin evils of corruption and the high level of government insensitivity towards the plight of the people. And wiith these still ravaging our national sense of belonging, no amount of collaboration would yield the much needed development and better standard of living: certainly not with the types of economic and political demons we have as leaders.

Yes, true or fiscal federalism is spmething the Nation needs right now, but that too will amount to nothing in the absence of of a heavily minimized, if not totally eradicated corruption ruling elites at all various level of our national lives! It isn't the system that is really the major fault right now, it is mostly our sense of perception and inability to tackle a successfully institutionalized corruption as a way of life, and an overwhelming carnage of government insensitivity to the plight of the populace at large. That is the REal Problem!

Just Consider this, the little amount of Federal allocation and internal generated revenue, plus the various loans and grants available to the states governments in the SS and SE sinsce the inception of democracy, what have they done with it? What good dividends of democracy has it brought to our states, your senatorial districts, reps and states constituencies, LGAs, council wards, and so on? What have the common people gain so far from their own respective leaders? I will tell you what: nothing, other than looting, embezzlement and mismangement. Your governors, my governors, your senators, my senators, reps, commissioners, chairmen, the economic oligarchs, etcs.. These are the real ENEMIES! Its not this region or that region, nor igbo, hausa or yoruba; but a terminal disease of leadership. The greedy, thieving, bastard sons of Cain who dont give a dime if you and i dies. And as long as they continue to roam the paths of our national destiny, we will continuie to experience travails and hardship; unless we are able to curtail them, if not stop them, and make them accountable for their actions and inactions.

Seccession or political restructuring of the nation wont solve all of it, because it is the same people that would still constitue the leadership arrangements, and which in turn may lead to more chaos and anarchy. Libya, South Sudan, Ukraine, etc,quickly comes to mind!

What is the couse of the corruption?
The scramble of National cake in Abuja, cos of lack of patriotism. Governors in states are trying to meet up with the people in abuja by robbing their states to stupor.
The truth is, No Nigeria politician sees Nigeria as a worthy project, so every body is trying to rub the system as much as they can?

Why is the black Man afriad of change?
Belgium, a small multi ethnic Federal state in Europe has reformed their federal system four times in the last 15yrs, giving more economic powers to the regional goverment. This has given them a more peacefull and stable Nation.
Why can't Nigeria learn from them?

1 Like

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by iiiyyyk(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Omololu007:
is it shoutin on nairaland daily dat will mak u achieve dis?

Social media is an Intrument of social eengineering.
If our neagbours from SW can join voice with us, we ll achieve it. But I find it hard to comprehend, why they are mischievously opposing this call by SS/SE.
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Kagawash07: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Social media is an Intrument of social eengineering.
If our neagbours from SW can join voice with us, we ll achieve it. But I find it hard to comprehend, why they are mischievously opposing this call by SS/SE.
Ibos and lies, very synonymous!
Look at your kinsmen rejecting regionalism here: http://theunion.com.ng/politics/why-regionalism-state-police-agitation-failed/.
Bunch of revisionists!
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by dokyOloye: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Balkan:
both regions are not attacheable. The north and the SW are like master and servant. The north own you and your generation. Remember the imposed their religion on you and you cant even warship in their mosque.

I just wonder what will become of your generation if SS/SE lives you behind for The northerners Am sure thats your fears.
It was a very rude shock when som1 pointed out to me that Yoruba muslims and northern muslims don't pray 2geda.
It's either one party prays and gives way 2 d other or they'd have different mosques.
The chairmanship of d supreme council of Islamic affairs is permanently resident in d north,a Yoruba muslim can never be d imam of d national mosque in Abuja.
Walahi,some ppl are really slaves.

1 Like

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Kagawash07: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Now u asking question, but calling others eediot. Are this violent and insecure
But this tread is not abaut Igbo, tthe op read SS/SE Economic alliance for development of the 2 regions.

Now what we want is True Regional Federalism,
SS controle their resources
SE control theirs.

Why did your kinsmen reject regionalism/resource control nau?
Bunch of confused liars!
Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Kagawash07: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
dokyOloye:
It was a very rude shock when som1 pointed out to me that Yorubas and d northern muslims don't pray 2geda.
It's either one party prays and gives way 2 d other or they'd have different mosques.
The chairmanship of d supreme council of Islamic affairs is permanently resident in d north,a Yoruba muslim can never be d imam of d national mosque in Abuja.
Walahi,some ppl are really slaves.
And all Yoruba are muslims? Dumbo!

1 Like

Re: Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) by Kagawash07: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
iiiyyyk:

So, it's the Yoruba that's preventing Ibos from using use the sea ports at Porthacourt?
Sufly, sufly dey lie, oh ye ibos!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Implications Of Delay In Constituting Buhari’s Second-term Cabinet / Secession Not Solution To Nigeria's Problem - Gbajabiamila, Peter Obi Says / Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.