Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Homosexuals Storm National Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (30325 Views)

Pro Obanikoro Storm National Assembly / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by AfroCynic: 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2009
lucabrasi:

first of all,whoever you are,if you cant reply to comments in a matured manner,then desist from making all these infantille and juvenille retorts with me!!

the point of the comment is not about the way our politicians behave,but what is acceptable,few examples,in spite of the general perceived acceptance of gays and lesbians in the uk for instance, how many prime ministers or cabinet members are gays??

in the british police force which i have been opportuned to do some research on in my degree programme,how many gay and lesbian officers are heading police stations or hight posts or even being treated fairly?bearing in mind that is a country supposedly fair and tolerant, the point of this is that,even though there is a high level of moral laxity in the uk,the fundamentals and what is acceptable is still tied to christianity ,as for sleeping with girls old enough to be their children,it is simply a vice which like other stuffs is immoral, that doesnt equate to justifying gays and lesbians which is far worse.

well,how does the country treat its neediest?bearing in mind you are lumping everybody together?
now you are blaming the rest of nigeria,including a lot who are doing an awesome job for the failings of some leaders.

you are asserting that gays and lesbians are being denied their rights,going by this,i guess the law should allow minors who are willing to go off and marry men old enough to be their great grandads,girls hauled off to be prostitutes(by their own free will mind)should be allowed
children going out of their own volition to be housemaids should be allowed e.t.ci wasnt making a personal reference to yourself just generally on the need for us to  examine ourselves,i still maintain that in a country where religion is the moral compass both for average nigerians and the government,homosexuality,bestiality and other vices of these nature which we were not born with but smuggled into our country has no place and must be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand, now there is dogging in western countries where you can have sex with your partner in a public place,bestiality,objectum sexual e.t.c

Lol, half of what you wrote is fantanstical nonsense. I live in London, i have done so almost all my life and never have I come across any instance where it has been said or suggested that bestiality was some sorta acceptable norm, please stick with the truth. As for gay police officers not being treated right, they will at least have some some legal recompense because the law regonises their rights as fellow humans. This society is by no mean perfect but gay folks here can have civil union and go about their business, of course there are still homophobes because a change in law does not mean a change in hearts but it is a start.

I am a staunch believer in the idea that any two adult or more , of full mental capacity, who decide to be together should be allowed, I do not know how people segue from this into bestiality and/or paedophilia (unless they are stating their own sexual desires, hmmn?)

this is a society that puports to have such high moral has it priorities mangled and excercises such as yesterday's help to make this clear to the world.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by kaygee1234: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
oyb:

if white Americans had held a national referendum on the rights of blacks, jim crow would still be top dog.

if nazi germany had held a national referendum on the rights of jews. . .

if northern states start holding referendums on the rights of the Christian minorities . . .

that's a pandoras box you don't want to open. . .IMHO

This is just very plain and simple reply. You're at least very reasonable.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by RichyBlacK(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
I don't approve of homosexuality, however, gay people have rights and their rights MUST be protected!

I support their fundamental human rights. They can choose any life style they want as long as they do not violate the rights of any other person.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I don't approve of homosexuality, however, gay people have rights and their rights MUST be protected!

I support their fundamental human rights. They can choose any life style they want as long as they do not violate the rights of any other person.

end of story
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by onyengbu1(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I support their fundamental human rights.

We are talking about HUMANS here, arent we?

If you Bleep another human of your kind then there is something unhuman about you so, some unhuman things (like the kind of legislation in question) should apply to you.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by sunnykiss(m): 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
;DThey should be ashamed of dem selves, mentally illed people
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2009
onye_ngbu:

We are talking about HUMANS here, arent we?

If you Bleep another human of your kind then there is something unhuman about you so, some unhuman things (like the kind of legislation in question) should apply to you.

u r absolutely right -  they are 3/4ths or is it 4/5ths humans  wonder if u will get it. . .
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by lucabrasi(m): 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2009
AfroCynic:

Lol, half of what you wrote is fantanstical nonsense. I live in London, i have done so almost all my life and never have I come across any instance where it has been said or suggested that bestiality was some sorta acceptable norm, please stick with the truth. As for gay police officers not being treated right, they will at least have some some legal recompense because the law regonises their rights as fellow humans. This society is by no mean perfect but gay folks here can have civil union and go about their business, of course there are still homophobes because a change in law does not mean a change in hearts but it is a start.

I am a staunch believer in the idea that any two adult or more , of full mental capacity, who decide to be together should be allowed, I do not know how people segue from this into bestiality and/or paedophilia (unless they are stating their own sexual desires, hmmn?)

this is a society that puports to have such high moral has it priorities mangled and excercises such as yesterday's help to make this clear to the world.
fantastical nonsense or whatever that means,the point of my preamble is that adress people normally with decorum,as infantille comments wont help your argument in a discourse.
you v lived in london most of your life,congratulations and good for you,but bestiality is widely practised no?
im suprised you didnt comment on the others i mentioned are they not generally accepted as well?
the reason i mentioned them is to show a result  of fundamental human rights gone bonkers,so please dont tell me about sticking to the truth,anything you disagree with google it and see if its true or false.

and that is the best you can come up with for justifying the unfair treatment of gays,lesbians in  a supposedly tolerant society??anyway i mentioned it to prove that its not quite alien as you think for a government or society to be influenced/governed by religious leanings/religion even in a country as the united kingdom, overwhelming religious influences are everywhere you look in the government on all levels.

who says that gays are not being tolerated in nigeria?the fact that they were allowed to live and do their thing without being lynched,and allowed to vent their grievances in the federal house shows nigeria is tolerant,what we would not do is include something that is alien to us and our culture/religion just because america,uk e.t.c says it is right with the constant bombardment from the media!!

and how are we absolutely sure that they are operating in their full mental capacities?cultures,moral values make  a people and once a country gets bullied into watering them down or capitulating then,they are on a sure road to perdition, in spite of the fact that dubai wants western holiday makers bla bla bla,what happened when 2 couples who are adult individuals of sound mental capacity indulged in what was a mutual action?
the government laid down the law!! are the dubai govt too governed by corrupt politicians?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by ikeyman00(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2009
cant believe people are delibrating on his!

those people should leave nigeria now
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Dede1(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2009
There are many useless Nigerians who would want to treat harlots or sluts badly like Europeans do or even stone them to death based on religious dictates. Whose right did the sluts violate? Unlike the homosexuals, the sluts or harlots are partaking in what is natural to human beings.

In terms of procreation, anybody who drew analogy between a man and woman in wedlock but unable to bear a child and same sex marriage needs to be shot along with the homosexuals.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
Dede1:

There are many useless Nigerians who would want to treat harlots or sluts badly like Europeans do or even stone them to death based on religious dictates. Whose right did the sluts violate? Unlike the homosexuals, the sluts or harlots are partaking in what is natural to human beings.

In terms of procreation, anybody who drew analogy between a man and woman in wedlock but unable to bear a child and same sex marriage needs to be shot along with the homosexuals.

damn!!!

lipsrsealed cheesy grin lipsrsealed cheesy grin lipsrsealed cheesy grin lipsrsealed cheesy grin lipsrsealed cheesy grin lipsrsealed cheesy grin lipsrsealed cheesy grin lipsrsealed cheesy grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by MrCrackles(m): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
Dede1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2009
The bigotry in this thread is alarming.  comments like hang them gays, kill them, jail them brings images of Europe in the Dark Ages.  Nigeria and Africa in general has a long way to go when it comes to tolerance.

the funny thing about calling gays 3/4 or 3/5 human is that Blacks were categorized in such terms.  The irony.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
Gay people have rights but should not force those rights on the vast majority who disaprove of depravity in any form.

At this rate bestiality will become a "right" we must protect by force of law. If you wish to sleep with someone of the same sex, you are free to do so in the privacy of your house. I also have a right to not be insulted by your sexual orientation.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by AfroCynic: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2009
Dede1:

Nobody drew an analogy between homosexuals and childless couples, someone said marriage is for procreation and I asked, if a couple cannot bear a child nko, is their marriage null? As for shooting me along with the homosexuals, well I am not coward, i speak on what I believe.

Look at this fool, coming in here calling women the ugliest names he can think of, wow.

I have found that those who are the most vehement homophobes tend to have something to hide.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2009
The BIG question is CAN SAME SEX MARRIAGE  LEADS TO PROCREATION?

so the sole purpose of marriage is Procreation? I guess people with fertility issues are subhumans.  

At this rate bestiality will become a "right" we must protect by force of law

can a goat or horse consent to having sex with an human?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

can a goat or horse consent to having sex with an human?

So if an 11 yr old consents to having sex with an adult we shld excuse it and protect such rights?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

The bigotry in this thread is alarming.  comments like hang them gays, kill them, jail them brings images of Europe in the Dark Ages.  Nigeria and Africa in general has a long way to go when it comes to tolerance.

the funny thing about calling gays 3/4 or 3/5 human is that Blacks were categorized in such terms.  The irony.

i was being sacrcastic in response to someone else
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2009
why dont we have a national referendum, the majority's decision is final ! its a democracy afterall

A national referendum on the civil rights bill signed by Lyndon Johnson would probably not have passed.  It's the responsibility of government to protect the freedoms of oppressed minorities.

~davidylan:

So if an 11 yr old consents to having sex with an adult we shld excuse it and protect such rights?

Is an 11 yr old considered an ADULT?

i was being sacrcastic in response to someone else

oops my apologies
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Dede1(m): 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
If fanning the embers of homosexual activities tantamount to civilization, I had rather remain uncivilized.  

I do not believe that any human being is Black or White.  If any of you championing the biddings of the homosexuals had inferior mentality, I urge you to purge it.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by AfroCynic: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

A national referendum on the civil rights bill signed by Lyndon Johnson would probably not have passed.  It's the responsibility of government to protect the freedoms of oppressed minorities.

oops my apologies

@Bawomolo, does this not prove that someone people have a basic comprehension problem. How hard is it to grasp the concept of [b]CONSENTING ADULTS[/B].

Why do you people keep compraing things are not remotely comparable in order to bolster your weak arguments?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

The definition of "adult" is subject to bias. As long as a 9yr old girl can get pregnant and deliver a healthy baby, i accept an 11 yr old is an adult and HAS A RIGHT to consent to sex.

You cant spin try to spin this away . . .
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
AfroCynic:

@Bawomolo, does this not prove that someone people have a basic comprehension problem. How hard is it to grasp the concept of [b]CONSENTING ADULTS[/B].

Why do you people keep compraing things are not remotely comparable in order to bolster your weak arguments?

I think your own "argument" (if we can be charitable enough to call it that) is the weak one. If homosexuals deserve rights then why criminalise bestiality, pedophilia and multiple marriages?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2009
~davidylan:

The definition of "adult" is subject to bias. As long as a 9yr old girl can get pregnant and deliver a healthy baby, i accept an 11 yr old is an adult and HAS A RIGHT to consent to sex.

The definition of adult is subject to bias but the minimal consent to have sex age is most countries is 13.  Most Psychologists would tell you 11 yr olds aren't matured enough to be having sexual relationships definitely not with pervs.

You are the one trying to spin this away.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
~davidylan:

I think your own "argument" (if we can be charitable enough to call it that) is the weak one. If homosexuals deserve rights then why criminalise bestiality, pedophilia and multiple marriages?

shocked shocked
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by AfroCynic: 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
~davidylan:

Bloody hell, how hard is for you grasp that, beastiality is not the same thing, the goat does not get a choice, in paedophilia, the child is ABUSED[/B] how can you compare this with two people of the same gender who [b]willingly want to be together, how is that even comparable, e gba mi!

I am not sure if you mean multiple marriages or polygamy but in any case, so long as all the adults involved are aware and make that choice, i certainly do not have a problem with it.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2009
~davidylan:

daaamnnnnn!!!!

shocked cheesy grin lipsrsealed shocked cheesy grin lipsrsealed shocked cheesy grin lipsrsealed shocked cheesy grin lipsrsealed shocked cheesy grin lipsrsealed shocked cheesy grin lipsrsealed
na wa o. . . .

this sounds extremely weird coming from THIS poster. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i must keep this link for future reference. . . grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
If homosexuals deserve rights then why criminalise bestiality, pedophilia and multiple marriages?

Polygamy is fine with me, i don't understand why it's criminalized.

Bestiality and pedophilia fall in the category of lack of consent. If one can proof a Goat loves them, then go ahead
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
oyb:

na wa o. . . .

this sounds extremely weird coming from THIS poster. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i must keep this link for future reference. . . grin grin

lol for someone who lambastes Islamic countries, you would think he would be against underage women being abused.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by AfroCynic: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
~davidylan:

Only on NL will someone make the dubious claim that an 11yr is an adult, wow. Where in the industrialised world will this argument hold water, when I was eleven, I barely knew anything, much less consenting to sex. I think you are are being silly and you know it.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by darkroll(m): 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
I really cant believe that people actually wrote some stuff am reading here .

How can someone with a brain compare armed robbery with homosexuality   shocked , armed robbery is something you can control  whereas homosexuality is uncontrollable . Some of these guys  are born this way so i strongly don't believe it is a western culture .

Why should you allow what 2 consenting adults do in the bed gives u headache? are they coming to knock and ask  you to join them or you are afraid if they have  their rights you might be tempted to come out of shell ?

If some of you guys claim homosexuality is a crime , why should u jail or pass judgement to someone for  a crime you or him  cant control ?? does putting them in jail help matters??

Damm!!  we need to grow in this country
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Pataki: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

Tolerance? I should as well tolerate beastiality if going by the trend to which you inclining on right?

That Europe tolerates such nonsense does not imply Nigeria and Africa should follow that same inanity. Homosexuality is WRONG. Let us call a spade a spade and not an agricultural implement please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Poster War In Ado-Ekiti As Candidates Engage In Campaign Two Days To Election / Buhari All Smiles As He Hosts Daura Title Holders At His Country Home (photos) / FG Loses N34bn Fraud Case Against Tompolo’s Firm, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.