Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari (710 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo / FG Finally Scraps Subsidy On Petrol, Kerosene / Subsidy Does Not Benefit The South East, Nwuche Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by zyzx1(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
A former Deputy Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Hon. Chidubem Nwuche has
urged President Mohammadu Buhari to remove oil
subsidy, stressing that it has no benefit to majority
of the people in the South-East and the South-South.

Nwuche, who was exchanging views with newsmen
in Abuja over the weekend, argued that the
continued subsidization of petroleum products will
only benefit the rich while the supposedly poor
masses get poorer.

Stressing that subsidizing petrol is not good for
Nigeria, he urged the Independent Petroleum
Marketers Association of Nigeria, IPMAN and the
organized labour to support the President for the
removal of the subsidy.

According to him, “I used to be in the Oil and Gas
sector before going into politics. I believe that
subsidy is not good for Nigeria. I say this without
bias in the sense that those who benefit from the
subsidy are not the poor. It is those traders who
engaged in slope, who engage in round tripping
that benefit from the subsidy.

“Which subsidy of petroleum products? People are
buying the products above the controlled price. I
don’t think you can buy AGO at the official price in
Ekeremor or in Ahoada.

“The price is determined by the middlemen and the
dealers. So the subsidy they are paying is to enrich
those people to buy private jets at our expense.

IPMAN and the rest of the labour unions should
come together and support the president to
remove subsidy. It is a waste of money. It is
fraudulent. It is allowing corruption.”

The erstwhile Federal lawmaker who served
between 1999 and 2003 further urged President
Buhari against forgetting people of the Niger Delta
in his government.

He specifically called for the dredging of the
Calabar sea port and the construction of projects in
the zone to develop the area.

dailypost.ng/2015/07/20/scraps-subsidy-its-of-no-benefit-to-south-east-nwuche-tells-buhari/?wt=3
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ftc
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by Topccy007: 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by DahtzFestjayz: 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by sam4(m): 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
can u say it in the presence of Ogunlakaye?
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by crownprince102: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
k
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by heykims(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
He's got points though..
But unlike d past administration, I trust the present regime. So whatever d GCFR says, I concur..
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
Na true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Who is he to tell Buhari what to do? He should save his sermon for the president of biafra.
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by Abugab(m): 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nwuche is just deceiving himself.
He understands very well that removing subsidy is not entirely the job of Buhari to be done with just a presidential speech.
When he was deputy speaker why didn't he move for removal of subsidy using his office and allowing the process to eliminate it?
Did he just get to know about subsidy?
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by EasternLion: 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Abugab:
Nwuche is just deceiving himself.
He understands very well that removing subsidy is not entirely the job of Buhari to be done with just a presidential speech.
When he was deputy speaker why didn't he move for removal of subsidy using his office and allowing the process to eliminate it?
Did he just get to know about subsidy?

When they tried to do it, people liked u occupied ur front yard carrying placards, while some carried sleeping foa to Ojota.

God has recorded everything u all did.

He pays back, sure.

1 Like

Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by Abugab(m): 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
EasternLion:

When they tried to do it, people liked u occupied ur front yard carrying placards, while some carried sleeping foa to Ojota.

God has recorded everything u all did.

He pays back, sure.

Please God out of this.
If they couldn't do it why does he feel Buhari should?
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by EasternLion: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
Abugab:

Please God out of this.
If they couldn't do it why does he feel Buhari should?

Because he himself, said he doesn't know what it means and that to him means it doesn't exist.

So let him remove it.
Re: Scraps Subsidy,it’s Of No Benefit To South- East –nwuche Tells Buhari by zyzx1(m): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2015
Lol....where the yorubans dae

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Locate Stolen $150million With The Help Of Barack Obama / God Made Me But The U.S. Made Me –buhari / Airforce ‘block’ Fuel Supplies To Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.