Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! (36553 Views)

These Pictures Are Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by PassingShot(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
kennyosein:
This from the FATAWAA committee
Family Photographs for the sake of
remembrance – Permanent Committee
First question from Fatwa No. 2296
Q 1: What is the ruling on taking photographs for
the whole family and others for the sake of
remembrance and amusement only?
A: Photographing living beings is prohibited and
one of the major sins whether a photographer
considers it to be their job or not and whether it
is a drawing, photograph or sculpture. Keeping
these photographs, pictures or sculptures for
remembrance or any other purpose will not
change its ruling as there are many Hadiths
reported in this regard. These Hadiths are general
for all kinds of Taswir (drawing, photographing
and sculpturing). Nothing is exempted from this
ruling except what is necessarily required.
May Allah grant us success! May peace and
blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his
family, and Companions!

I don't know much about Sheik Eleha but I have listen to Dr. Alaro, Dr. Sharafadeen, Ustaz Ambieoya, Sheikh Najamdeen, Ustaz Saalih Oganijah, Ustaz Lukman Idris, and others they deem it haram but if you are referring to those celebrities that the ignoramus people called scholars eg. Zakir Nakir, Yasir Qadhir, Ali Nouman Khan, Menk, Yusuf Estes, Hamza Yusuf, Tariq Jameel, Aseem al Hakeem, Abu Eesa Niamutullah, Jamal el-Makki, Waleed Basyouni and others are no scholars of Islam, they are Muslims who mislead the ignorant Muslims may Allah rectify their affairs.
Allaahu Musta’aan

Do you really mean the emboldened? Please seek for Allah's guidance in your utterances about those scholars. Many or all of them may be better Muslims than those you hold in high esteem in the Sight of Allah.

Ihdina Siratal Mustakeem.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by AlBaqir(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Empiree:
@ albaqir, do you have video clip for Ali Jabata?. I dont know who the man is.

Video and picture is Haram according to his manhaj so you cant find any Jabata video anywhere. But funny enough there exist a website where you can listen and download his audio lectures
www.voiceofthesalaf.com/audios

I wonder if there's any hadith in his weird world to prove "audio lectures" recorded is halal or haram. What a sick attention-needed scholars!

He's a local champion in Ilorin and his environ. His late father was a recognized Sheik in Ilorin. Though he has declared his father as kafir who will rotten in hell because he was a Sufi that followed Tariqat tijaniyyah.

By listening to some of his video, you will get to know who he is. 95% of his lectures are based on labeling this and that scholar or acts as kufr/bid'a. You will also learn a lot. Sometimes satan speaks the truth.

There is another salafi website that attacks him vehemently on their website:
http://www.simplysalafiyyah.com/A-Peek-at-False-Manhaj-of-Muhammad-Awwal-Jabata.html
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by AlBaqir(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sissie:

Eating spoon bidiah ke!

Ma sha Allah. Spoon, fork, knive etc are haram for eating, according to them. You simply need to use your bare hand to eat because that is what is reported as Prophet's sunnah. No more no less they says.

Funny enough, a wise old man that attended one of his lecture asked him, "how do we drink a hot pap - Akamu (Eko gbona)?" grin

He has a car but its not a Bid'a according to him. I wonder on what basis is a spoon become haram while car is not at all ahadith say prophet only rode camel and horse and the two are still very much in vogue?! What a sick sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Empiree: 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
AlBaqir:

Video and picture is Haram according to his manhaj so you cant find any Jabata video anywhere. But funny enough there exist a website where you can listen and download his audio lectures
www.voiceofthesalaf.com/audios

I wonder if there's any hadith in his weird world to prove "audio lectures" recorded is halal or haram. What a sick attention-needed scholars!

He's a local champion in Ilorin and his environ. His late father was a recognized Sheik in Ilorin. Though he has declared his father as kafir who will rotten in hell because he was a Sufi that followed Tariqat tijaniyyah.

By listening to some of his video, you will get to know who he is. 95% of his lectures are based on labeling this and that scholar or acts as kufr/bid'a. You will also learn a lot. Sometimes satan speaks the truth.

There is another salafi website that attacks him vehemently on their website:
http://www.simplysalafiyyah.com/A-Peek-at-False-Manhaj-of-Muhammad-Awwal-Jabata.html
Well, serves them right. One good turns deserves another they say. I honestly hate sectarian discourse but it's necessary sometimes. Salafi altogether are known to make takfir of people they consider heretics. I won't mention names but there are 2 salafi sheiks that i love listening to their lectures a lot. I never used the word "salafi" to describe them even though i know from the way they talk they are.

Just a week before Ramadan finished, I came across their lecture on "takfiri". It's part 1/2. Very interesting. Both scholars gave their thoughts in the lecture. They spoke about dessenters who called themselves 'Salafis' and are making takfir on people and everything. I could not stop laughing. I said to myself ' served you right' because both scholars themselves have made takfir of Sufis. I watched their video where one of them was asked about his opinion on Sufis?. He didnt blink twice before he said "that's the way to shirk".

Not only that, he seems to resent them a lot. I finally figured he has little understanding of sufism. In the video i watched in ramadan, he said he was accused by Salafi takfir of bending and kneeling to greet elders and that's shirk. I said to myself "there you go". You love criticizing others not knowing that evil that man does lives after him.

Those takfiri are themselves salafis. So these two sheiks in the video addressed themselves as "we the salafi salih". I knew that all along. This is the problem their Ulama have created overtime and now it backfires. They gonna have to deal with this for a long time. They mentioned Jabata in the video as well. He was addressed by one of the shuyuk as "Ali Jababata". I was just laughing.

It's their problem. They created it. They have the idea that knowledge is only taken from bin Baz and co bcus in the video he called Bin Baz "our father". I was like this is the kind of thing you people accused Sufi of. smh. It's same thing a brother is doing here now (kennyyossein). Who thinks knowledge ends with Sheik Bin Baz (RA).

Anyways, the sheik tuned down in the video that you can't just call people kafir without strong evidence. But himself failed the same test long ago. I do have respect for him but they need to stop all these nonsense. There are other important issues out there to deal with. They finally called 'takfiris' jobless dunces grin

1 Like

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Qtsnow(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ibn hajar al askalanee rahimahullah spent 34yrs writing fathul bari Sheik nasirudeen albani rahimahullah spent years taseehing and tadeefing several ahadith, he read a whole library thrice in 35yrs Imam bukhari rahimahuLlah had to eat grass, had to eat garbage while traveling up and down gathering ahadith Imam muslim rahimahuLlah was afflicted wit hunger, thirst and starvation while gathering ahadith Imam ibn taymiyah rahimahuLlah was imprisoned, beaten ane exhiled in his quest for knowledge Imam ahmad ibn hanbal rahimahuLlah was imprisoned, tortured, declared "wanted" dead or alive in his strive for islam! Imam shafi rahimahuLlah suffered abject poverty, had to write on bones when he couldnt afford paper, all in his quest for knowledge Imam hafiz ibn mandah rahimahuLlah had to sell his slippers to afford paper, had to sell his trousers so as to eat, in his quest for knowledge Abdullah ibn bazz rahimahuLlah was blind, yet it didnt deter him from becoming scholarly, he was even the head of the scholars of the standing commitees! Imam an nawawi rahimahuLlah was so busy seeking for knowledge dat he didnt have time to get married. . Yet one small boy will just wake up one day witout even doing his adhkar, eat indomie and egg that his mother has prepared for him, take his bath under a cool bath-tub, make a phone call to some friends while comfortably sitted under the splint AC, holding the remote of the TV in one hand and chatting in the other hand, he suddenly posts on FB: Sheik so and so is a KAFIR . He gets comments, he argues till midnight but by subhi time, he is still busy sleeping, snoring and farting. .copied

5 Likes

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Empiree: 11:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
^ Haq
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by vodkat: 2:32am On Jul 31, 2015
realsherif98:
Sahih Bukhari - Volume 3, Book 34, Number 428:

Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan:

While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' "

Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."

Olodo that's y they call.black man monkey because of inability. To use ur brain and reason while the world is moving forward. U r relying on info from illetrate arab. In something. Bc

Whys don't. U use or brain or go live in bc era.

the internet. Ur using is also haram by ur inability. To use ur brain

God have.mercy on africans

See what ur stupid. Religion. Is causing in the world.
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by barbstee(m): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Yankelaptops:
TV and movie pictures and video pictures

http://islamqa.info/en/10326

TV and movie pictures and video pictures
I have a question regarding pictures -Are pictures that are manafactured through means such as video, computers etc.
(i.e. they come on and off the screen)permissable? Can you please verify this with proof and evidence?
Praise be to Allaah.

The ruling on a thing depends on the way in which it is perceived. It is essential to know how the picture-making you refer to is done. The author of Risaalat Ahkaam al-Tasweer (The ruling on picture-making) said:

1. Movie pictures or pictures on a cinema film:

This is a method which transmits moving pictures with sound for a limited time span, showing all the events that happened within this time frame. The picture which is shown by the film on the screen is the shadow or reflection of that thing, not its real essence, after it has been recorded on the film. It says in al-Sharee’ah al-Islamiyyah wa’l-Funoon (Islamic sharee’ah and the Arts) that the cinema is called [in Arabic] akhyaliyyah [from khayaal, meaning shadow or dim reflection], “because it shows the shadows of things, not their real essence.”

2 – TV pictures

This is a method which transmits pictures and sounds at the same time via an electrical impulse. This is the result of the effect of light from the object whose picture is being taken being reflected on a mica sheet which is covered with a vast number of tiny particles made of photosensitive material, manufactured from silver oxide and caesium, of which the particles are separated from one another and isolated electrically.

This kind of image-making using machines is very similar to the image on a movie film, but in TV pictures, the images are changed to electronic signals, then to electromagnetic waves, which are then either sent via antennas to be picked up by the receiving apparatus in TV sets, within the range that the signal can reach, or they are sent to be stored in the form of magnetic changes on plastic tapes that have been plated with the appropriate magnetic substance that can store these waves.

In order to show what has been recorded on these tapes after these waves have been stored, it has to pass through a machine which transforms it once more into electronic signals then sends it to a screen in the form of electrical signals, so that it appears as a picture, but only after a complex operation.

The TV set is the equipment which receives the electrical waves and gathers them, then transmits them in a regulated manner in the form of a picture with complete features.

There is another kind which is considered to be similar to this kind of image-making. This is something similar to the telephone which is used in some industrially-advanced countries, which transmits both the voice and the image of the speaker, so both parties can see one another on the screen of the device on which they are talking.

Similarly, there are cameras which are installed at the doors of houses. This system picks up the voice and image of the person who is coming to the house and transmits it to a screen inside the house, so that whoever is inside the house can see it clearly. And similarly there is equipment which is used to watch out for criminals stealing and so on in banks, stores, etc.

These kinds of equipment are considered to be of one kind, but are used for a variety of purposes, whereby the camera covers the area which is to be watched over, and it transmits the images to a screen like a TV, where the image appears clearly. New things are appearing all the time, and we do not know what will appear in the future. If this indicates anything, it indicates the mind-boggling expansion of the use of machines to make images of both kinds, both still and moving, in many areas, including manufacturing, war, security, education, medicine, social, etc.

Ahkaam al-Tasweer by Ahmad ibn ‘Ali Waasil, p. 65-67

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to pictures made in the modern fashion, they fall into two categories:

The first category is those which have no tangible substance (and can only be seen by running them through a machine), as I was told is the case with pictures on video tapes. There is no ruling at all concerning these, and they do not come under the prohibition at all. Hence the scholars who forbid making pictures with cameras on paper (photographs) permitted this (video pictures), and said that there is nothing wrong with this. Then it was asked, is it permissible to film lectures which are given in the mosques? The (scholarly) view was that it is better not to do that, because it may disturb the worshippers and because they may film things that may not be appropriate, and so on.

The second category is fixed or still pictures on paper (photographs) …

But the matter needs further discussion if one wants to make these kind of permissible pictures. For they are subject to five rulings which depend on the intention. If the intention is something forbidden, then it is haraam. If he intends something waajib (obligatory), then it is waajib. Sometimes pictures may be essential, especially moving pictures. For example, if we see someone in the act of committing a crime against a person’s rights, such as an attempt to kill and so on, and we cannot prove it in any way but by taking pictures, then in this case taking pictures becomes waajib, especially in cases where pictures may decide the case. The means are subject to the rulings on the ends. If we make these pictures in order to prove the identity of a person for fear that someone else may be accused of the crime, this is also acceptable, indeed it is essential.

But if we take these pictures just to enjoy looking at them, this is undoubtedly haraam... And Allaah knows best.” (See Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 2/197-199)

my stand!
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by arabianights: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
AlBaqir:

Ma sha Allah. Spoon, fork, knive etc are haram for eating, according to them. You simply need to use your bare hand to eat because that is what is reported as Prophet's sunnah. No more no less they says.

Funny enough, a wise old man that attended one of his lecture asked him, "how do we drink a hot pap - Akamu (Eko gbona)?" grin

He has a car but its not a Bid'a according to him. I wonder on what basis is a spoon become haram while car is not at all ahadith say prophet only rode camel and horse and the two are still very much in vogue?! What a sick sense of reasoning.

Salam Alaykum, I admire your construction of arguments .You are well learned and insha Allah, one day soon will be like you or even better
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by vodkat: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
islam is just a tool for colonisation of the arabs. The end game of the arabs is to have colonys all over the world.

and stupid idiots here are there pawns.

Why are africans not wise at all. No self respect No analyisis , u just do what u are told
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by islamics(m): 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
Salam Alaykum Ya Ikhwan Wa Ukhtee
Just stumbled upon thread:
@op actually i follow the view of those who see taking pictures as haram. But @least we all have to recognise and respect the difference of opinion since it is not something that bring one out of Islam.
With regard to calling those preachers celebrity: I think the word celebrity is below par. In the very least we can all say they are caller since ALL SCHOLAR IS A CALLER BUT NOT ALL CALLER ARE SCHOLAR. They may not have attain the status of being called scholars because we all know that those we call scholar have made lots of research and sacrifice which have stand the test of time.
The issue of spoon, fork, knive are non issue since they are not act of Ibadah.
For those undermining the issue of Aqeedah: it is a vital and important aspect as the prophet spent most of his time preaching about authentic belief, when the belief is there other acts of worship will fall in place. The issue of shirk is part of Aqeedah which shows the importance of authentic belief.
May Allah forgive our shortcomings, purify our heart with Tawheed and stregthen us upon the truth.
#JustMyOpinion

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Almuhsin(m): 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
Muhsin: Jazakumullahu khairan. It has all been said. I hope it is now clear to those who had doubt regarding the prohibition of taking pictures, selfieeeesangry and production of the images of living things whether on papers, electronic gadgets and in whatever form one can think of regardless of how the pictures are produced. Except in situations where there are no alternatives as mentioned earlier.
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Topkush: 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
islamics:
Salam Alaykum Ya Ikhwan Wa Ukhtee
Just stumbled upon thread:
@op actually i follow the view of those who see taking pictures as haram. But @least we all have to recognise and respect the difference of opinion since it is not something that bring one out of Islam.
With regard to calling those preachers celebrity: I think the word celebrity is below par. In the very least we can all say they are caller since ALL SCHOLAR IS A CALLER BUT NOT ALL CALLER ARE SCHOLAR. They may not have attain the status of being called scholars because we all know that those we call scholar have made lots of research and sacrifice which have stand the test of time.
The issue of spoon, fork, knive are non issue since they are not act of Ibadah.
For those undermining the issue of Aqeedah: it is a vital and important aspect as the prophet spent most of his time preaching about authentic belief, when the belief is there other acts of worship will fall in place. The issue of shirk is part of Aqeedah which shows the importance of authentic belief.
May Allah forgive our shortcomings, purify our heart with Tawheed and stregthen us upon the truth.
#JustMyOpinion

What about the issue of photographs
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by islamics(m): 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Topkush:

What about the issue of photographs
I thought the issue of photographs have been clarified here. It is left for one to choose based on the available evidences.
But if you ask for my stand: I follow the opinion of those who prohibit photographs. Again, am not infallible because I once attended a wedding ceremony, did not take picture, then somebody scold me to stop deceiving myself as he has a picture of mine.
#WeAllCannotBeASaint!
May Allah forgive us our shortcomings.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Nobody: 2:38am On Jul 21, 2016
Shaykh ibn uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Images made by modern methods are of two types:

1 – Those that are stored in a way that does not have any tangible or visible form, as was mentioned in the case of images, such as video tapes. There is no ruling on these at all and they do not come under the prohibition at all. Hence the scholars who forbid photographs printed on paper regarded them as permissible, and said that there is nothing wrong with them. It was said: Is it permissible to film the lectures that are given in mosques? Their opinion was that this should not be done, because it may disturb those who are praying there, and it does not befit the place, and so on.

2 – Photographs that are printed on paper.

But there remains the question: if a person wants to make these permissible images, then he is subject to the five rulings according to his intention. If he intends thereby to do something haraam, then it is haraam. If he intends thereby to do something obligatory then it is obligatory. It may be obligatory to make images sometimes, especially moving images. For example, if we see someone committing a crime that is a crime against a person’s rights, such as a murder attempt and the like, and it cannot be proven except by means of a picture, then in that case taking a picture is obligatory, especially in cases where pictures could tell the full story, because the means are subject to the same rulings as the ends. If we use this image-making to prove the identity of a person lest he be accused of a crime committed by someone else, there is nothing wrong with this either, rather it is essential. But if we take a picture in order to enjoy looking at it, this is undoubtedly haraam.{from al-Sharh al-Mumti’ (2/197-199).}

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 21, 2016
^^ that is correct. Personally I avoid pictures ( those that aren't printed) because of security reasons. The thought of someone stealing my phone and copying my photos/videos is enough to keep me from saving pictures/videos long term
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 21, 2016
Contact17:
^^ that is correct. Personally I avoid pictures ( those that aren't printed) because of security reasons. The thought of someone stealing my phone and copying my photos/videos is enough to keep me from saving pictures/videos long term

Lol.
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by plappville(f): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2016
Zaikon:
maybe u should provide the arabic text of that hadith. nd if u insist i think u just hav to stop using nigerian currency, passport, but wait did u realise even the great scholars havs pictures ? i think the arabic text will solve this issue.

Are you nigerians arabs? Have you no cultures ? You guys are still in slavery to them till date? SMH.. angry
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by plappville(f): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2016
realsherif98:

While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' "

Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."

What about the Muslim men we see in the beach where all the non mislims women are half neked, the muslims men go to the beach to look at free stuffs. Is there no hadith that prohibites you from living in the secular countries too? tongue
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Demmzy15(m): 2:16am On Jul 24, 2016
plappville:

What about the Muslim men we see in the beach where all the non mislims women are half neked, the muslims men go to the beach to look at free stuffs. Is there no hadith that prohibites you from living in the secular countries too? tongue
¬What is this one saying? Must you always make comments, at least filter them with your brain. You sound so stup'd!
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by plappville(f): 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Demmzy15:
¬What is this one saying? Must you always make comments, at least filter them with your brain. You sound so stup'd!

I say allah akubar and then BOMB BOMB.... tongue
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by udatso: 10:59am On Jul 25, 2016
Ozize:
See? Thats why I dont believe in hadiths! Hadiths are filled with superstitous beliefs and are lies against Muhammad. The Quran alone is enough for a wise muslim! SMH
Are you for real?
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by udatso: 11:06am On Jul 25, 2016
kennyosein:
This from the FATAWAA committee
Family Photographs for the sake of
remembrance – Permanent Committee
First question from Fatwa No. 2296
Q 1: What is the ruling on taking photographs for
the whole family and others for the sake of
remembrance and amusement only?
A: Photographing living beings is prohibited and
one of the major sins whether a photographer
considers it to be their job or not and whether it
is a drawing, photograph or sculpture. Keeping
these photographs, pictures or sculptures for
remembrance or any other purpose will not
change its ruling as there are many Hadiths
reported in this regard. These Hadiths are general
for all kinds of Taswir (drawing, photographing
and sculpturing). Nothing is exempted from this
ruling except what is necessarily required.
May Allah grant us success! May peace and
blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his
family, and Companions!

I don't know much about Sheik Eleha but I have listen to Dr. Alaro, Dr. Sharafadeen, Ustaz Ambieoya, Sheikh Najamdeen, Ustaz Saalih Oganijah, Ustaz Lukman Idris, and others they deem it haram but if you are referring to those celebrities that the ignoramus people called scholars eg. Zakir Nakir, Yasir Qadhir, Ali Nouman Khan, Menk, Yusuf Estes, Hamza Yusuf, Tariq Jameel, Aseem al Hakeem, Abu Eesa Niamutullah, Jamal el-Makki, Waleed Basyouni and others are no scholars of Islam, they are Muslims who mislead the ignorant Muslims may Allah rectify their affairs.

Allaahu Musta’aan
Your argument has been very solid not until you spoilt it with your unguarded comments at the end of your post.
Are you a scholar yourself to brand them celebrities who mislead other Muslims?
Do you know how many people have reverted because of these brothers?
How could you say such thing about these brothers ?
May Allah forgive you.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by Gamborima(m): 5:48am On Dec 13, 2018

Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by labani06(m): 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
please this hadith is talking to those people that are building statue,idol not snapping pics .
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by aadoiza: 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
labani06:
please this hadith is talking to those people that are building statue,idol not snapping pics .
And drawing too. This has been my thought all along. I don't know where snapping pics dey for hadith. I'm getting tired of our absurdities.
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by labani06(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2018
aadoiza:

And drawing too. This has been my thought all along. I don't know where snapping pics dey for hadith. I'm getting tired of our absurdities.

But their are alot of fatwas on snapping pics as not haram please consult any ustaz for more information
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by labani06(m): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2018
aadoiza:

If photographing can be halal then drawing can be allowed in someplaces example their are alot of islamic history obtained from ancient Othman empire
in turkey photographing is just a modern way of drawing since photographing mean drawing with light .
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by aadoiza: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2018
labani06:

But their are alot of fatwas on snapping pics as not haram please consult any ustaz for more information

If drawing is tagged haram, it would be because it borders on the art of creating. But photography is simply capturing the light from an object and projecting it on a collector. So I'm confused as to how that would be haram.
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by labani06(m): 8:36am On Dec 21, 2018
aadoiza:

If drawing is tagged haram, it would be because it borders on the art of creating. But photography is simply capturing the light from an object and projecting it on a collector. So I'm confused as to how that would be haram.

please take this in a simple language all imams in the ka'aba take picture all the populer shuyuk in Nigeria snapped alot of pictures in alot of major ceremonies at last .what is photography ? it means writing with light "photo=light ,graphy =write ,draw "

and dont forget all of those shaik use that fatwa that photographing is makruh no deeds no sin .
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by labani06(m): 8:40am On Dec 21, 2018
aadoiza:

please take this in a simple language all imams in the ka'aba take picture all the populer shuyuk in Nigeria snapped alot of pictures in alot of major ceremonies at last .what is photography ? it means writing with light "photo=light ,graphy =write ,draw "

and dont forget all of those shaik use that fatwa that photographing is makruh no deeds no sin . but building statue no doubt is a sin because we are all made from mud and all those statue builders use mud or anything from sand .
but if u snapped a pic dont post on the wall of ur living room or anywhere in ur house .
Re: PICTURES ARE HARAM! Stop Snapping Pictures! by labani06(m): 8:48am On Dec 21, 2018
PassingShot:

Do you really mean the emboldened? Please seek for Allah's guidance in your utterances about those scholars. Many or all of them may be better Muslims than those you hold in high esteem in the Sight of Allah.

Ihdina Siratal Mustakeem.
Do u mean such kind of people are the ones leading prayer in makka cuz shaik sudais also snap picture .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can a Muslim Upload his/her Pictures On Social Media? / Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.