Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? (9508 Views)

Why Do People "Buy" Google Adsense Accounts? / What You Will Gain From Having A Blog / Why Sme’s Should Have A Digital Marketing Campaign For Their Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by unphilaz(m): 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
PulseWeb:
dat is where u are getting it wrong. With ur statement, u just limited ur market to alaba. Have you ever considered those who can not get to alaba to buy ur products. With a website, they can other online and pay u wen you deliver the products to them. What about SLOT in computer village, ikeja. Dey are the most popular in computer village and yet they have a website and do deliver to those who can not go to computer village

thanks for giving an answer
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by PulseWeb: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Haba...bro think like an educated fellow. The business we are talking about are formal businesses not these u mentioned below. And wat on earth makes u think I will approach those people take more of deceiving them.

tgmservice:
Someone says all kind of business needs a website so pure water sellers, akara sellers, oloshos, malams, shoemaker, street hawkers, plumber, carpenters, bread hawkers, danfo drivers needs website abi am sure is guys like u that deceives this category of people an tell them a website will grow their business
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by mmsen: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Foolish people with minimal foresight see it as a waste of money.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by PulseWeb: 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Bros, carry ur advertising out of here before I swear for u.
Pakingzzz:
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items??

You can sell these items for a pretty well good price..
There's a platform I shall tell you that will advertise your unused items, and in no time you will begin to receive calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering; what kind of unused items can i sell on that platform right?
Here's what you could sell on that platform. You can sell your old or second hand fridge, gas cooker, phones, inverters, solar accessories, TV, DVD, PC, laptop, dstv decoder, bicycle, watches, headphones, computer accessories, bikes, bike spare parts, cars, car spare parts. Just anything you can think of that has a tint of value left in them.
Here's the crux of the matter; Statics have shown that there are some people out there, desperately in need of these item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell these items of yours, please you may visit HERE

Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by unphilaz(m): 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
bamac:
Well, like someone said not all businesses requires website. Some blv they cant get money from it while they will be spending to maintain it. And bloggers can just gain from this by helping them to advertise their business on their blog like am currently doing for schools now on my own blog.

Check the web version of http://bamisepeters..com and check placement of adverts of schools on my blog.

But all you need do is to be bold to convince the business owners of wat your blog is capable of doing for their business since all they want is to get more customers and money.

Visited your blog and my idea of what one can do with blogging can do have started growing because i tot blogging was all about gossips etc like lindaikeja etc . Secondly, this blog of yours will help people use the information on google map and other internet related activities. Finally, guess you need to beautify some of your post.
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
unphilaz:

Your 5cents makes a lot of sense. Could you take sometime to state how one should view his customer relation in designing?

I believe every IT Consultant should not just look at "Fixing" a problem but rather concentrate on providing a "Solution"

When you work with your client, think of it as a long-term personal friendship that you want to derive maximum benefits for the long-term. you will need to sacrifice Time, Effort and Money but this is Risky as not all clients Recognize Sacrifice. in order for you to get moving, you need to give Premium Service near dirt-cheap.. when your project becomes public and people start asking your clients how he got this quality project, he will realize how much value he is getting and why he needs to market you to higher-paying customers. The trick is, you will use the same knowledge and project assets for other clients in the same business as your client. it is a Symbiotic Relationship not a Parasitic one.

I guess our business-men also have a lot to learn but who is teaching them?
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by PulseWeb: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas. i really appreciate them
voltron:

I believe every IT Consultant should not just look at "Fixing" a problem but rather concentrate on providing a "Solution"

When you work with your client, think of it as a long-term personal friendship that you want to derive maximum benefits for the long-term. you will need to sacrifice Time, Effort and Money but this is Risky as not all clients Recognize Sacrifice. in order for you to get moving, you need to give Premium Service near dirt-cheap.. when your project becomes public and people start asking your clients how he got this quality project, he will realize how much value he is getting and why he needs to market you to higher-paying customers. The trick is, you will use the same knowledge and project assets for other clients in the same business as your client. it is a Symbiotic Relationship not a Parasitic one.

I guess our business-men also have a lot to learn but who is teaching them?
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by fattbabakay(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
PulseWeb:
but who is too be blamed for that: the owner or the website designer/programmer ??

to me both parties are to be held responsible. becus after designing a website, marketing should follow. its is the responsibility of the website designer/programmer to suggest marketing ideas while it is the responsibility of the owner to accept and bring out funds for the marketing.

but some times, both parties neglect this. or in some case after the suggestion of marketing, the owner would refuse to bring out extra cash for marketing
d business owner is to be blamed ofcos...d developer's job is to develop d website and take his leave
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by naijainfogalery: 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
This is the reason why businesses fail, if i may ask why are u not using 3310 phone or the old school pentium 2 laptops? the world has evolved more than a reputable company not having a website, for example i know an online store that made over N64,000,000 sales last year from online sales, these store have a physical store too, it will just get to a point where people naturally will sit at the comfort of their homes to make transaction the businesses that cant adapt will just automatically start making losses then later fold up
emmatok:

Lies,

Most Nigerian business have lived more than 10 years without technology, while some so called technology survey business are dead.

@OP to sell a website to your client, you must emphasize efficiency and cost cutting.

I always let my clients see the business efficiency side of owning a website, this way we can reduce unnecessary cost in that business.
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by hustla(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Where Internet or MB dey?
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by PulseWeb: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
so who is to convey the needful marketing strategies to the clients
fattbabakay:
d business owner is to be blamed ofcos...d developer's job is to develop d website and take his leave

remember u said this. so after designing the website and u leave. and the website doesnt make sales and u fail ti advise the owner on the necessary things to do. will he ever come back to dat site or even renew it domain and hosting
fattbabakay:
That only happens when the website is not leading to sales...
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by tgmservice: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
PulseWeb:
Haba...bro think like an educated fellow. The business we are talking about are formal businesses not these u mentioned below. And wat on earth makes u think I will approach those people take more of deceiving them.

u uneducated folk hw can u compare slot with roadside business. Slot began to boom without its website. The Website was a means to expand globally. And ur mr hit tecnologies while will I pay u money to build a website that will reach millions of people what I have never heard of urs. Hit technologies trash

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by charlsecy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
unphilaz:
hope someone can answer this question following
PulseWeb:
Please can you mention the businesses that doesn't require a website

As tgmservice put it: Pure water sellers, akara sellers, oloshos, malams, shoemaker, street hawkers, plumber, carpenters, bread hawkers, danfo drivers...

PulseWeb:
saying this is limiting urself and ur Business to ur location. There are people in alaba that those not even sell a product in a day. What about SLOT, they are the most popular in computer village ikeja. They have a website and they deliver there products to people who can not get to computer village
ROSSIKE:
If he had a functional website, he'd be busy fulfilling orders on the phone or online rather than sleeping.

Here in Nigeria, people may buy electronic gadgets, wear, cosmetics, and the likes online. But how many Nigerians order online such items as tile, wheelbarrow, cement, security wire, zinc, and so forth?

I must say I am creating a website for my business at http://www.fountainstar.com. However, I don't know for sure if I could make any sales from it. I pray I will. I declare I will.
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by fattbabakay(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
PulseWeb:
so who is to convey the needful marketing strategies to the clients

remember u said this. so after designing the website and u leave. and the website doesnt make sales and u fail ti advise the owner on the necessary things to do. will he ever come back to dat site or even renew it domain and hosting
A website designer is different from an advertiser
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by emmatok(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
naijainfogalery:
This is the reason why businesses fail, if i may ask why are u not using 3310 phone or the old school pentium 2 laptops? the world has evolved more than a reputable company not having a website, for example i know an online store that made over N64,000,000 sales last year from online sales, these store have a physical store too, it will just get to a point where people naturally will sit at the comfort of their homes to make transaction the businesses that cant adapt will just automatically start making losses then later fold up

Not every business need online store. The cost of PAYMENT GATEWAY alone will drive them away.

Go check Jumia and Konga, 80% of the their sales are paid on delivery, most people don't pay online that's Nigeria for you.

If a business website is not driving down the running cost and increasing profitability, that business don't need a website.
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2015
I guess they are old people who dont know where the World has reached to..... But try to explain to them more and more may be they might change their mind.
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by laudate: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2015
PulseWeb:

to answer this, all these mentioned above is the work of the website/developer. he/she should make the other/client to understand the needfull. but i have experienced a situation where i explained the need of SEO and marketing to a client but he turned it down becus of the price range. the cost of a STRONG & EFFECTIVE SEO is about N80,000 to N250,000 (not SEO pugins)and there are various marketing platforms which N30,000 per month can give u are reasonable amount of leads.

but will a client who paid N15,000 to N45,000 be willing to bring out that amount for SEO and Marketing??

the cost of designing a website varies and show not be included the the cost of marketing and SEO

SEO is not everything. Marketing, Good Customer Service and immediate response to client's enquiries is far more important. shocked

A lot of Nigerian companies have pretty websites. But after a while the corporate details get outdated and are never updated. Old NITEL phone numbers and non-functional Multilinks phone lines litter the websites of many Nigerian companies and SMEs. Of what use is the SEO, if a prospective customer sees your website during a search, but cannot get through to you because your numbers are outdated or non-functional? shocked shocked angry

Some of them have enquiry forms embedded on their website. You take the time & pains to fill it but you never get a response. If you do the same thing on the website of a foreign-owned company, you get a response by e-mail, text or phone in 24 hours to 72 hours. sad

So, of what use is the SEO to a company that does not even bother to use its website as a marketing interface or a tool for connecting effectively with customers? angry
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by superCleanworks(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? by marcopollo(m): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2022
Having a website is not a waste of money if only Web Designers, IT Consultants and so-called Web Developers and Gurus will FOR ONCE think about the Business Side of Information Technology. not everything is about the latest code or widget or App. it is about the following .pointedly, how does this website
1: Add Value to my Brand - Get me more customers or spread the word on my Goods and Services (Follow The Money)
2: How does it demonstrate better TOC (Total Cost of Ownership)
3: How does it save me costs

All web designers are interested in is building a fine-faced with all sorts of useless widgets and features and scrolling thingy-bobs that the Company does not need and will never appreciate. all these at some exorbitant maintenance fees when ever the company wants to dot an I or cross a T.

They have made the profession or business of building websites a case of painful value-fraud and annoying arrogant ignorant IT people who call themselves business-men.

Until IT Consultants start thinking like real business-men instead of crafty-shafters.. companies will continue to ignore them or ship the business outside.

my 5cents
Hi!
Are you still there?
So what do you suggest these web designers do or know or learn so their clients can have value for their money? Wishing to get your valuable feedback. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform / 12 Things To Do Before Applying For Google Adsense – 2016 Edition / 10 Smart Ways To Dominate Google’s Top 10 Search Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.