Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion (18925 Views)

Olumba Olumba Warns Trump "You Must Stop Provoking God" / What was the traditional religion of the Hausas or fulani before Islam / ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hysmady:
The best thing to do Is Know God
the best thing to do is know yourself God is in you

3 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
Not when you're high on religion and start making a fuss that you know your daughter is in heaven waiting for you... Religious people never want to feel sad,so they'll make countless justifications to stay happy..

Or wouldn't you make a justification for the sudden death of your family member? undecided
Religion is just a consolation, and simplest explanation for pains and suffering...

Just imagine you are the first conscious being, how else do you explain why you find yourself living in this pain of existence?

3 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by abdulwastecx(m): 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Pyrrho:
After years of contemplating on why we(Africans) are underdeveloped, I had one conclusion.

We don't have a recorded history, no writings, only stale tales of our fore-fathers. No concrete evidence of our living before they(white men) came. Nothing to really boast about. We can't stand with our heads held high like the Chinese. We lack true heroes, no immortalised sculptures of great war lords (only sculptures of deities.)

No writing, no written language, thus nothing to really call our own.

Think about it..

what is the definition of we "AFRICANS"? i hate it when people make sweep generalization like this. Africans is a new name giving to people living in this large continent by Europeans, Africans should not only apply to theso called black poeple alone. Egyptians were Africans and have developed history when much of Europe were still in the dark age.

White is a superficial world used by racist light skin European to show superiority and much of the so called western civilization is less than 300 years ago. My question is what has the so called " white" been doing before then?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
Not when you're high on religion and start making a fuss that you know your daughter is in heaven waiting for you... Religious people never want to feel sad,so they'll make countless justifications to stay happy..

Or wouldn't you make a justification for the sudden death of your family member? undecided

Religious people are no different from others around them when it comes to everyday life...their 'fault' is that they see life beyond here..and guide their steps accordingly.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Bianda24:
i think the writer is the one who does not reason. Thank God he is educated, i supposed. The Christian God as being used by him is the God who loves us. Traditional religion is evil, its tenets are not in conformity with Christianity. i think he is the one to think deeply to know which one is confusing and convincing. I cant imagine in all honesty that someone at this age and time debunk or speak ill of Christianity.

traditional african religion is still in its primitive stage like op said it is still open to evolution if you read the old testament they are human sacrifice too and things of that nature that you wont agree with today.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
UrbanMystique:
egypt was once the greatest country on earth. They became great without jesus or mahamad.

thats Egypt tho not west africa very different cultures. Egypt is more arabic tbh
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmn.. This is the main reason i practise the traditional religion cos i dnt believe all this foreign theologies telling me my fore-fathers are all evil men & in hell.. Fvck dem & dia fvcking theologies.. God (Eledumare) doesnt judge based on religion.#Fact

BTW,Listen to dis freestyle by me..

http://my.notjustok.com/track/24670/

4 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Religious people are no different from others around them when it comes to everyday life...their 'fault' is that they see life beyond here ..and guide their steps accordingly.

That's the point,the feeling of "transcending the physical world" is the promise religion uses to hook people on their own highs,why else would you pride yourself to follow a theology based on an unknown jewish man rumored to be a deity and his own father by numerous unidentified authors who followed earlier jewish prophecies of a saviour to then compile and sort passages of the stories they made to become the bible...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by abdulwastecx(m): 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
no2fuks:

thats Egypt tho not west africa very different cultures. Egypt is more arabic tbh

learn history, Arab only entered Egypt recently

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
That's the point,the feeling of "transcending the physical world" is the promise religion uses to hook people on their own highs,why else would you pride yourself to follow a theology based on an unknown jewish man rumored to be a deity and his own father by numerous unidentified authors who followed earlier jewish prophecies of a saviour to then compile and sort passages of the stories they made to become the bible...

You know why i believe all these? i have something you don't have.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Pyrrho:
After years of contemplating on why we(Africans) are underdeveloped, I had one conclusion.

We don't have a recorded history, no writings, only stale tales of our fore-fathers. No concrete evidence of our living before they(white men) came. Nothing to really boast about. We can't stand with our heads held high like the Chinese. We lack true heroes, no immortalised sculptures of great war lords (only sculptures of deities.)

No writing, no written language, thus nothing to really call our own.

Think about it..
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
abdulwastecx:

what is the definition of we "AFRICANS"? i hate it when people make sweep generalization like this. Africans is a new name giving to people living in this large continent by Europeans, Africans should not only apply to theso called black poeple alone. Egyptians were Africans and have developed history when much of Europe were still in the dark age.

White is a superficial world used by racist light skin European to show superiority and much of the so called western civilization is less than 300 years ago. My question is what has the so called " white" been doing before then?
Facts: Those Egyptians you are bragging about no longer exist. Do your research. We keep bragging about them, but they are no more, there histories are therefore gone. Those Egyptians are not the Arabians who are presently residing in Egypt,No one could make complete translation of their heiroglyphic form of writing. The builders of the Pyramids are gone with their culture.
The Nubian-Africans, generally-speaking, do not have true form of writing.

I did my research too.

Generalization are allowed. "Africans are black", yes, they are. even though we all know they aren't all black (dark skinned).

'Westerners', arabians, Chinese, Indians, Arabs, Persians, Russians all had a form of writing, cultures were passed on. Have you ever wondered why we(Africans) don't have scriptures?

I say it as it is. Bitter, but true.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
abdulwastecx:

learn history, Arab only entered Egypt recently

north africa is very different from west africa. thats all am saying dont hide under that umbrella. where was nigeria or whatever west african tribe during Egypts reign
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

You know why i believe all these? i have something you don't have.
POOR CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS

3 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by scully95: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
Oh, this is the typical religious propaganda against the religion of the land in West Africa. Are'nt you tired of spreading the lies and massive propaganda against your motherland Africa/Nigeria.
If you say this to the Foreign religions (Islam and Christianity) that even made laws to guide themselves and called it blasphemy.. Isn;t this a typical example of blasphemy against the religion of the land ??
Kettle calling pot black.

chiedu7:
[size=14pt]African gods are nothing but idols made with the hands of men as the bible puts it.[/size]

This is how your african gods are made .

Isaiah 44: (KJV)

12 The smith with the tongs both worketh in the coals, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his arms: yea, he is hungry, and his strength faileth: he drinketh no water, and is faint.

13 The carpenter stretcheth out his rule; he marketh it out with a line; he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man; that it may remain in the house.

14 He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it.

15 Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto.

16 He burneth part thereof in the fire; with part thereof he eateth flesh; he roasteth roast, and is satisfied: yea, he warmeth himself, and saith, Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire:

17 And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god.

18 They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.

As you can see your African idol is man made and cannot save.

Neither can allah save anybody, as allah cannot save even mohammed.

MUSLIMS ARE NOT PROMISED HEAVEN

EVEN MOHAMMED HAS NO PROMISE OF HEAVEN

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS). I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."

JESUS SAVES

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED: BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. All Gods are imaginary. Including sango, amadioha and Co.

4 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by UrbanMystique: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
no2fuks:

no arab invaded the blacks in egypts and north africa generally.. egypt was mainly blacks.. the same the whites are holding grounds against black south africans today.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by scully95: 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
I think you yourself don't know what you are saying.. That even reminds me of how these same AngloZionist Empire , the Brits to be specific killed over 60 million Indians and another 2million via food blockade ? Why ? To sell the same sh*t they sold to Africans. Ok

What about the Aboriginals and the Native red-indians in America ? Same history.. What you don't understand is we have our own civilization before this eastern and western cultures invaded us. That remind me of the Oyo Empire. Don't forget Oyo Empire is even older than the current
AngloZIonist Empire..

What is my point.. All empires do come with their own form of Brainwash or religion. The same with the Greek empire, they came with their own form of religion to dominate your mind and so on.. This is the standard and it dates back to the days of Kush Empire that was when Africa had its own form of civilization... Then followed by the Egyptian Empire.. Iranian.. Greek and so on. If we were to be in the Greek empire days, you will surely have someone link to the God of Zeus like they are linking to the God of Abraham forgetting about Odinani in SE of Nigeria.

No Divinity in Ifa religion for example ask for Human blood for sacrifice but your foreign Brainwashed religions Islam and Christianity has used it as propaganda against you, even in some religious Yoruba video knowing fully well that the best time to sell a propaganda is when you are relaxed and just watching a movie. Even this popular movie series back then know as the ZIon were being sponsored from America. Foreign forces imposing and marketing their own form of civilization..

You can help yourself by re-investigating in African invisible religions/cultures and using the ethical values within those cultures to suppress, marginalize the ethical values, to arbitrate even your own(West) conflict with the eastern cultures (religion/Islam).
Just to summarize the basic virtue (No long story) to which I attribute to these numerous invisible African religions/Cultures. He/you 'll find that among these African invisible religions/cultures..

You will not find any of them, which has engaged in what you might call a religious war... Either a "Crusade" or a "Jihad" in their entire histories.. And I think this self hunting, arrogant cultures, east(islam) and west(Christianity) can humble themselves and try to learn from these anterior cultures which they have successfully suppressed.

Make no mistake, Religion is a civilization, Either Ifa, Odinani, Islam, Christianity.. All share one thing in common and this is fear to thinking twice before doing bad thing. Which makes super sense..

For example, to steal from someone's farm, if you are a christian or Muslim, you have already been brainwashed that you wont go to heaven for stealing. That is the element of fear in Christianity and islam..

The same thing if you saw some red thing that looks like JUJU on the farm. Before stealing it, you will have the same fear that OH, something bad may happen to you. Even the juju form fear management did not say you have to wait until judgement day.. It's feeling that happens almost instantly and this is why Juju is even more effective than the Heaven and hell type of fear.

naijainfogalery:
That writer is the most confused human being on earth
- You claim white people made us senseless yet you praise education for making u brave, now who brought that education
- You said they took away our precious religion, You mean the blood sucking deity that takes pleasure in the bloods of virgins, twins , albino and stuffs yet it was these white people that made your grand fathers to stop doing those nonsense
- You claimed they brought some fake gods, I would rather worship a fake god that prevents me from killing my neighbour or sleeping with his wife than worship the one that lets me kill me neighbour in cold blood and even snatches his wife if i feel like

These so called bad people that brought white Jesus or stuff, you didnt reject their education, you loved it you even learn how to write in their language, they even thought you to think for yourself and be analytical that was why you could even have the brain to open this post in the first place,

The reasons why Africans would never grow is because they always think the whites are their problem, you can imagine? but it is still this people that comes to your rescue when you are in trouble. Africans are messed up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
an2elect2 you are the chick, and religion is the guy that promises that you'll never get pregnant anything he bleeps you.... grin

1 Like

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Folksyharry(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
naijainfogalery:
- You claim white people made us senseless yet you praise education for making u brave, now who brought that education
- You said they took away our precious religion, You mean the blood sucking deity that takes pleasure in the bloods of virgins, twins , albino and stuffs yet it was these white people that made your grand fathers to stop doing those nonsense
- You claimed they brought some fake gods, I would rather worship a fake god that prevents me from killing my neighbour or sleeping with his wife than worship the one that lets me kill me neighbour in cold blood and even snatches his wife if i feel like

These so called bad people that brought white Jesus or stuff, you didnt reject their education, you loved it you even learn how to write in their language, they even thought you to think for yourself and be analytical that was why you could even have the brain to open this post in the first place,

The reasons why Africans would never grow is because they always think the whites are their problem, you can imagine? but it is still this people that comes to your rescue when you are in trouble. Africans are messed up

May God bless you for this comment. I didn't see the thread early but I was already planning on writing a comment like this.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
[size=40pt]Just use your head! U have a brain, USE IT!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
datalossvictim1:
Hello everyone, Whilst recovering from a hangover I decided to scroll through Facebook and found this interesting piece by Chukwuka Igbomor.

-Thanks for this great documentary Nigeria used to be a great nation with its different regions until the Europeans came and robbed us naked they used RELIGION to kill our spirituality by giving us a fasle white god called jesus and they used politics to posses our teritory, and today Nigeria is like a nonetity of a nation.

While they use bad leaders who are sellouts and traitors to steal our resources and put us in darkness so that we will forever be dependent on them and their false teachings and ideologies... we Africans are so used to folding our hands and looking while our heads are beign cut off. most of us are content with foolishness, a lot of weak and ignorant minds who prefer to live in slavery than to die for freedom, we need brave hearts to stand up against foolishness and speak against this evil that is beign perpetuated in our own soil. We need to curb out this mentality of suffer suffer for world to enjoy for imaginery heaven. Our people accept suffering on earth thinking they will enjoy in heaven. Also we need to curb out this turn the other cheek mentality. Which Europeans used to rob us naked. We need to push out the evil African leaders who are in position of power only to sell us out to foreigners for their own selfish individual gains.

It can only be done by Us Africans standing up for the truth and against bad leadership and oppression. Education is the key to unlocking the doors to greatness like we once was the greatest nation on the planet now we are beign reduced to foolish people who sit and look while everything around us is in disarray. Our people have lost the ability to think critically for when u can believe snake spoke to eve and gave her apple to eat and give adam, once you can believe this fable as truth u can never be able to think critically and reasonably. They use such stories to see how gullible we can be so when they do their evil deeds we cant even reason to see its wrong.

When we are still calling Abraham, isaac and jacob our ancestors how can we have sense.
The problem with the African people who refuse to see reality of their situation cos their brains have been conditioned to accept suffering as normal, evil as normal and thus the Evil men of the world are having a laugh feeding on the ignorance of our people.-

op o agree with you but I dont beleive It is the fault of the westerners. we are our own worst enemy. so pls can you explain how the westerners robbed us naked?
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by systemz(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Bible, Quran and democracy are the greatest tools invented by the Whites to enslave Blacks forever and ever!!! [/quote]
This is true guy
I'm sharing it on my fb timeline right away.

1 Like

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Onyiibazz: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
chiedu7:
[size=14pt]African gods are nothing but idols made with the hands of men as the bible puts it.[/size]

This is how your african gods are made .

Isaiah 44: (KJV)

12 The smith with the tongs both worketh in the coals, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his arms: yea, he is hungry, and his strength faileth: he drinketh no water, and is faint.

13 The carpenter stretcheth out his rule; he marketh it out with a line; he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man; that it may remain in the house.

14 He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it.

15 Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto.

16 He burneth part thereof in the fire; with part thereof he eateth flesh; he roasteth roast, and is satisfied: yea, he warmeth himself, and saith, Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire:

17 And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god.

18 They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.

As you can see your African idol is man made and cannot save.

Neither can allah save anybody, as allah cannot save even mohammed.

MUSLIMS ARE NOT PROMISED HEAVEN

EVEN MOHAMMED HAS NO PROMISE OF HEAVEN

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS). I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."

JESUS SAVES

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED: BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

African gods are idols, images of your mother mary and jesus are not idols! Smh4u

4 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by ghananotnaija(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Y'all need Jesus! Daz all.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by stag: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]It was a rape of culture, belief and norms. It was a terrorism of traditional heritage and the emergence of an alien religion based on inferiority complex and background.

I took time to study into my traditional religion and i found nothing absolutely wrong with it.
Its not just christianity but islam too, both are middle east concepts and myths one propagated by the arabs and the other reworked by europians and sold to africans.

Before the missionaries came, African had their own religion, culture and tradition. we had our own little way of science and technology. . . They had knowledge in astrology, mathematics, music, medicine, biology, simple physics and many more.

e.g: Ancient igbos successfully divided the year into 365days of 4day in 1 week and 7weeks in one month and 13months in one year.

The foriegners came, they brought with them many magic like never seen before, they had a fire stick that can kill at just a click unlike our manually operated bow and hand thrown spears.

They had boxes that talked and then they laid claim to a better knowledge and we swallowed it. Its not wrong acquiring knowledge all round you but denying yours is the problem.

They criticized our Gods and termed them demons and evils but they said the one they brought was the best and the good one.
They threatened us with a place of forever burning and the end of the world and we fell for this fear.

It makes me wonder; How the African Gods that never threatened anybody with hell and end of the world was the bad one while the one they brought that derives pleasure in such threats is the good one.

They blamed us for a sin supposedly committed by their own mythical ancestors, they told us we were evil and bad and worthless that is why we needed to saved from what their God will do to us if we fail to believe it and leave ours

They raped our culture and our ways, we lost ourselves in the blind notion of seeing the light.

Fela Kuti said; Go to china, vietnam, korea. . "their culture is their teacher". Majority of
Chinese are buddist or other chinese traditional religion only a few are christians or muslims.

The chinese style of writing remains the main mode of writing even for their mobile phones and computer. The same china was colonized by britain, they embaced civilization but never lost or abandoned their ways and culture.

But africans carry other people's myth and beliefs in their head like it concerns them more while subjecting ours to neglect and abandonment.
An average christian can tell you the geneology of Jesus down to what ever but cannot mention his own geneology to his great grand father, same way an average muslim know more about muhammed than his own ancestors.

If the missionaries had packaged and brought Greek mythology here (God zeus)instead of jewish myth. Africans would have still believed it exactly same way they hype christianity.

Until we rightly identify our cultures and our ways and make a stand to preserve them, we would always be lost in the vacuum of other people's culture
[/b]

Really thought provoking.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Bianda24: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
Please explain the bolded...must something conform with christianity to be good?
no sir, something must not conform with christian religion to be good. What i am trying to say is that traditional religion accept sacrifice for example and this sacrifice most often is not something that can be easily got, it attimes be human sacrifice which christianity or islam does not do. If one uses a human for sacrifice in order to atone the gods or goddesses then that religion should be expunge.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Infomizer(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
IMHO, I think the white man should be absolved of any blame here. We were all given brains. A comical aphorism goes thus: "to whom brain is given, sense is expected". I believe that if our ancestors were the more technologically advanced ones when the white colonialists came-a-calling, the story woulda been different. If only we had had our own "Renaissance era" or "age of enlightenment", then no form of oyibo prestidigitation woulda bamboozled and flabber-whelmed our ancestors. Who knows? We might have colonized pre-enlightenment Europe. But while Galileo was gazing the stars, evil forests were being fertilized. It is not too late to right our wrongs. If only we can wake up the sleeping giants in us and stop pointing fingers.

My take.

2 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Taryehmiseh(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
naijainfogalery:

Guy You do not reason at all...not all african religions supported the killing of twins,for example the ancient yoruba people did not kill twins infact they were treated like gods... U talk about christainity being peaceful...Am sure u've never read the old testament.

4 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Bianda24:
no sir, something must not conform with christian religion to be good. What i am trying to say is that traditional religion accept sacrifice for example and this sacrifice most often is not something that can be easily got, it attimes be human sacrifice which christianity or islam does not do. If one uses a human for sacrifice in order to atone the gods or goddesses then that religion should be expunge.
wasn't it a supposed god in human form that died for your sins according to christianity?...and don't you use bread and wine as a representation for flesh and blood? undecided

And don't you call for the sprinkle of god's blood during prayers?

What about easter that is about your god in human form' death/sacrifice?

Don't you pray that the blood of jesus should wash away your sins?

Now you can either tell me you don't really believe actual physical blood is involved or you believe it is during all these acts and thus agree that you perform blood sacrifices?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Taryehmiseh(m): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Bianda24:
i think the writer is the one who does not reason. Thank God he is educated, i supposed. The Christian God as being used by him is the God who loves us. Traditional religion is evil, its tenets are not in conformity with Christianity. i think he is the one to think deeply to know which one is confusing and convincing. I cant imagine in all honesty that someone at this age and time debunk or speak ill of Christianity.
Abeg u dont know what you are saying...Non-traditional religions expecially Islam,christainity and Judaism are three times more evil.

2 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by macof(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
no2fuks:

Big lie. When speaking about Egyptian civilization you speak black africa because they were blacks
The country egypt only recently experienced invasion by arabs

The foundation of egypt has much in common with typical west African culture

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 / . / Disregard Any News Of Succession Battle In SCOAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.