Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. (67548 Views)

‘My Wife Is Killing Me With Having Too Many Children, She Bears Them Like Rats’ / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House / My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by amacastel: 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Oga pls ignore her pretend u guys don't tay in d same house eg leave the house as early as u can in search of wqork after dt try make friends in the area hangout wit them if u have any change eat outside nomatter how small or eat very once in a while in house may be weekends STOP watching her TVS ur fone and internet is ur best friend
The only bizness u have with her should be GOOD MORNING dts all u will see she will start respecting her self cos she will see the new CHANGE in u
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Everything you are about to read is absolutely true. I seriously need your advice on this issue before I do something I will regret

. I completed my academic recently and I traveled to my uncle's house, on his invitation to look for a job. My mother was against my journey to my uncle's house because she knew that his wife is going to cause me a lot of trouble. I didn't listen to her because I believe I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself in any unfavourable condition.

With great excitement, I arranged my things and headed straight for the longest journey of my life. We travelled for about 9-10hrs! I've never traveled that long. I got to my destination without any stress..

Don't let me bore you with a long story. Ever since I got here, it's been from one trouble to another with my uncle's wife. She complains about everything I do. If I touch anything in the house, she will surely has something bad to say about it. She's so over censorious about anything that concerns me in the house. Sometimes when I'm watching a programme on TV, she will just come and switch it off or change the channel. There are 3 functioning TV in the house but it's the one I'm watching that she likes tampering with.

There was a day she repeated the same thing and I became angry. I couldn't take it that day so I told her about what she's doing. She told me what I will never forget in a hurry that day. She said 'This is my house and I can do and undo'. I was angry that day and I talked back at her. She reported me to my uncle that day. I apologised to her without countering any of her lies because I don't want to disrespect my uncle by arguing with his wife at his presence.

She's been doing a lot of things to provoke me in the house but I always keep quiet. She's a very good liar and a troublemaker. She does all these things when her husband is not around and I don't want to report her to her husband because it's going to look as if I'm bringing trouble into the family. Please, I need your advice. How can I live peacefully with the woman?

She obviously wants to sleep with you. cheesy
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by tulus(f): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
I will suggest u leave dat house because her next step is to lie dat u raped or wanted to sleep with her.Nollywood no dey lie my brother.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by comrChris(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
sir the more you complain the worse it gets
l once lived with my blood brother after my sec school and it was not an easy going but one good thing is that she never understood me.l was very hardworking because l use 2 work with my brother ( a printer) while she will stay at home doing only cooking
actually b4 l went 2 stay with them my brother has had issues with 3 of my brothers because of the wife and 2 of this my brothers seniors her and she would always want them 2 fetch water, watch plates, it was so bad that they had 2 leave the house 4 her and now of them is now the financial of our house including theirs because things became so bad 4 them
for me l never minded infact lam a type that don't care about what is at home, l went there and saw the condition l left to stay with of my brothers she also chased them he was struggling so l used to work with the husband and after he will tell me go home and eat before going to my house but he never knew the going was not easy because he goes 4 supply after work and he is a football fan, so he comes home very at night and b4 he comes l must v left 4 jamb turtorial but me l never cared sometimes l will starve myself and my brother( one l was sleeping with) will give me money 2 eat

Actually what saved me from having problem with was the kind of person l am, l learnt that what cursed problem with the last brother that stayed with them b4 me was that he will always come home and takes anything he feels like taking in name of this my brothers house and it was a problem but my case was the opposite , sometimes after working all the day and cone home she will be reluctant to give me food, after sitting down for some minutes without sign of food even when there are varieties of food in the pots l will just carry myself and leave to the nearest mama put but in all this l never told my brother and was still working with him for food to be at home for her but all l did l stopped going 2 house early to fill their bucters with water but the one that cursed problem was with her and my sister
she came 2 lag 4 her I T and we were staying together with the one that was still struggling, so on that fateful day l didn't know she was in house so after work with my brother l went home 2 see if God will touch her mind 2 give food that day but lol and behold l met her and my sister with other neighbouts gisting outside l greeted them and went inside and in the kitchen l saw big new soup with made eba in my brothers plate so l told her that l was hungry she told me there wqs garri that l should wait 4 my brother 2come back by eleven b4 l go meanwhile everybody has eaten except me and my brother, so my sister was like give him the one 4ur husband because l was going 4 tutorial but she never ave a dawn, immediately my came in and asked me if l had eaten l told him the wife said no garri he opened the plate and told the wife to give me the one she made 4 him he gave her some money and left to watch man u match but this Lady didn't give me the food she took the money and went to continue with her discussion outside so l got annoyed and left and she didn't call me back, my sister became annoyed and exchanged words with her( learnt in the morning) it qctuqlly annoyed my brother but he blamed me 4 not telling him what l wqs passing through

so op the condition will make u to be more serious in ur search 4 work because it helped my brother who is now the finqnciql pillar of our house , leave her TV and eqt her food once in a while may God help u sir

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by angieberry(f): 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Truth hurts. It's her house and she can do and undo. Get used to that fact. It's just a pity she's abusing her position and making the young man's life miserable. He doesn't have any choice but to take her shit.
And I believe cussing me out was not necessary. You can make your point without being so crass. You're lucky I'm in a good mood.
dazekid:

See these fools sha. How the f*** is she right If it is her husband's house, how does that mean "she can do and undo"? This is what happens when good men fall and decide to marry prostitutes such as the two morons quoted. B**ches who don't even know what sibling love is and who don't even have the common sense of living peacefully with younger people for that matter. See their mouth like "quietly take anything she throws at you". *spits*.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by angieberry(f): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Don't misinterprete me. I don't approve of her making the young man miserable. My point is, there is nothing he can do but to put up with her rubbish or to leave the house.
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]

This is the kind of attitude you should emulate,cos its evident that you subcribe to the bullshit she is administering to him.

for the fact you own a house,doesn't give you the leverage to make som1's life miserable.

Karma is a bittch,I hope you know.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by dazekid(m): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
angieberry:
Truth hurts. It's her house and she can do and undo. Get used to that fact. It's just a pity she's abusing her position and making the young man's life miserable. He doesn't have any choice but to take her shit.
And I believe cussing me out was not necessary. You can make your point without being so crass. You're lucky I'm in a good mood.

Woah!!! Phrasing your comment in this context provides a completely different perspective. I am sorry I insulted you, I had read a whole lot of comments and most of them seemed to state this was the norm in most households which is absurd and then seeing that you and the other party quoted were the first to make such statements flipped my switch and I went ballistic.
I believe that comment was made in the morning. I am sometimes feisty in the morning when I do stuff half-awake. No vex eyeh.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Gurgle(f): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
EazyMoh:
this is very common in Hausa families because a lot of people have step mums. if the kids mum is divorced or late that's when it gets really uncomfortable for the kid.
but on your case, you are a grown up man! if you can't leave the house stay out of her way! stop watching the TV! Stop supervising her activities, because you will never win this battle. use your laptop to watch what you want to watch, or play games on your phone. the house will never be comfortable for you. trust me I have been there.

do hausa women divorce or die earlier than their southern counterparts?!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
FxDuke:
falling in love with ones husband sibling is gross! just like doing it to your own blood... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed an abominable act

Not intimate love you are brain storming about.

I mean family love!! Ok
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by EazyMoh(m): 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gurgle:

do hausa women divorce or die earlier than their southern counterparts?!
Absolutely! Divorce is like 50% higher in Hausa land than in the south, simply because it just takes "I divorce you" from the husband to render the marriage dissolved. it's very common to see a woman who married 3, 5 or more husbands in her life, with kids scattered around.
and yeah women die more in the North than south, no thanks to maternal deaths.
BTW am beginning to like engaging you.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by angieberry(f): 12:13am On Jul 23, 2015
The truth is like pepper
Your reaction has just validated my point 100 percent
Let it pepper ]you very well, my advise is still the best one he could take
You can take your anger and your peppered self into the lagoon smiley

HiGod:

Jeeez!!!daughter of Jezebel everywhere you go..... Can someone tell this girl to shut her mouth and keep that repulsive advice to herself.

Let's turn the table around and see what your response would be. If the husband was the one treating his wife brother like this, I believe that your advice would be different from this.

Young man, I have been in this situation before and here was what i did in my little wisdom then. I called my uncle one on one and opened up to him; I told him what usually happened whenever he wasn't at home and begged him to leave his wife out of it by not picking issues with his wife. I begged him to have a chat with his wife on my behalf.

He did and my life took a new turn completely after that....... We(wife and myself) later became pals

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Gurgle(f): 12:24am On Jul 23, 2015
EazyMoh:

Absolutely! Divorce is like 50% higher in Hausa land than in the south, simply because it just takes "I divorce you" from the husband to render the marriage dissolved. it's very common to see a woman who married 3, 5 or more husbands in her life, with kids scattered around.
and yeah women die more in the North than south, no thanks to maternal deaths.
BTW am beginning to like engaging you.

Really

that's terrible. has it always been like that? is there much stigma for divorced women?

But I haven't heard of this happening in other Islamic countries/areas?

have we spoken before??
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by EazyMoh(m): 12:47am On Jul 23, 2015
Gurgle:

Really

that's terrible. has it always been like that? is there much stigma for divorced women?

But I haven't heard of this happening in other Islamic countries/areas?

have we spoken before??
there is no stigma, some bachelors even marry divorcees or widows.
it's happening in Hausa land simply because of the cheapness of arranging a marriage, especially in the rural areas.
yeah we met on one silly thread like that.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Gurgle(f): 12:53am On Jul 23, 2015
EazyMoh:

there is no stigma, some bachelors even marry divorcees or widows.
it's happening in Hausa land simply because of the cheapness of arranging a marriage, especially in the rural areas.
yeah we met on one silly thread like that.

Hmm ok

but I have watched a few kannywoods and they tend to depict divorced women as very loose, looking for men whose lives they can ruin

is it that cheap? you guys get married in style mehn cool theres a wedding on youtube I sometimes watch of 2 Cameroonian hausas getting married

the amount of cloth they were dropping on this girl's head eeeehn shocked
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by EazyMoh(m): 12:59am On Jul 23, 2015
Gurgle:

Hmm ok

but I have watched a few kannywoods and they tend to depict divorced women as very loose, looking for men whose lives they can ruin

is it that cheap? you guys get married in style mehn cool theres a wedding on youtube I sometimes watch of 2 Cameroonian hausas getting married

the amount of cloth they were dropping on this girl's head eeeehn shocked
lol, Kannywood movies show almost nothing realistic about Hausa land, most of them are Indian movies with Hausa spoken. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Of course there are the rich ones that spend a lot on weddings. but about 50% of Hausa land weddings cost less than 100k everything put together.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Gurgle(f): 1:11am On Jul 23, 2015
EazyMoh:

lol, Kannywood movies show almost nothing realistic about Hausa land, most of them are Indian movies with Hausa spoken. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Of course there are the rich ones that spend a lot on weddings. but about 50% of Hausa land weddings cost less than 100k everything put together.

Ok. but why are they like that? indian I mean. what has india got to do with hausaland
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by EazyMoh(m): 1:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok. but why are they like that? indian I mean. what has india got to do with hausaland
well it's something that dates back centuries ago. As part of the extended Islamic Empire from western China all the way to west Africa and traders bring about a contact between all these places. Hausa people view Indians as the epitome of beauty, so they imitate them. with the advent of films, indian movies are the primary and most thought after movies in Hausaland, the result is now Kannywood, from dressing, dialogue, combat, dance, songs even the storyline.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Gurgle(f): 1:31am On Jul 23, 2015
EazyMoh:

well it's something that dates back centuries ago. As part of the extended Islamic Empire from western China all the way to west Africa and traders bring about a contact between all these places. Hausa people view Indians as the epitome of beauty, so they imitate them. with the advent of films, indian movies are the primary and most thought after movies in Hausaland, the result is now Kannywood, from dressing, dialogue, combat, dance, songs even the storyline.

Ok

I listen to a lot of Hausa music and it always strikes me that they alter their voices so they will sound higher and more like they do in Indian films.

I would have thought that they would prefer to imitate Arabs rather than Indians but I guess the arab film industry is still in development
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by EazyMoh(m): 1:36am On Jul 23, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok

I listen to a lot of Hausa music and it always strikes me that they alter their voices so they will sound higher and more like they do in Indian films.

I would have thought that they would prefer to imitate Arabs rather than Indians but I guess the arab film industry is still in development
you got that right.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by AdorableBelle(f): 4:43am On Jul 23, 2015
dazekid:

See these fools sha. How the f*** is she right If it is her husband's house, how does that mean "she can do and undo"? This is what happens when good men fall and decide to marry prostitutes such as the two morons quoted. B**ches who don't even know what sibling love is and who don't even have the common sense of living peacefully with younger people for that matter. See their mouth like "quietly take anything she throws at you". *spits*.

And the ripple effect of this 'it's my house and I can do and undo' mentality has dire negative implications that continue to manifest all the way to Nigeria's leadership circles in such a way as to continue to drag down the country's progress. 'It's my house and I can fo and undo' mothers, girlfriends, wives logically will raise 'it's my government and I can do and undo' leaders. The war to change Nigeria must first be won in the mind, especially of those primarily trusted to rock the cradle!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by AdorableBelle(f): 5:10am On Jul 23, 2015
angieberry:
Don't misinterprete me. I don't approve of her making the young man miserable. My point is, there is nothing he can do but to put up with her rubbish or to leave the house.

But that's where you are WRONG. There's a LOT he can do, quite a number of which have already been highlighted even on this thread.
THERE' S A LOT.
HE CAN DO!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by HiGod: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2015
angieberry:
The truth is like pepper
Your reaction has just validated my point 100 percent
Let it pepper ]you very well, my advise is still the best one he could take
You can take your anger and your peppered self into the lagoon smiley

Haba!!!! That is too harsh and irrational.......

Lagoon out of all places; you are not a God-fearing person.

Luv u though.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by starlingbawa(m): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2015
She's a 'WOMAN' and there's no way you guys can live peacefully in that house without issues.

Truth is, you ought to KNOW by now she doesn't want you there and the sooner you realise this position and move out, the BEST it will be for you.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by sinola(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
Just pray for direction and wisdom... Not easy living in someone else's house.

I quite agree with you on this.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by sinola(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
My brother,i understand how you feel.I've had more bitter pill experience than you do.
when i came to Lagos from Enugu for job hunt,i was staying with one of my uncle in festac,the
wife practically turned me to ordinary housemaid.Infact,she maltreated me to the extent of forcing me to wash
her cloths(undies inclusive) and her children cloths.
This attitude continue until my uncle observed what was going on and got very upset with that to
the extent of having open confrontation with his wife.But thank God,within a couple of weeks i got a job with a telecommunication company and behold,that woman is the one calling me from time to time for one assistance to another.
Anyway,my advise is for you is to always avoid her.Try and engage yourself with a part time programme during the day and always make sure you uncle is back before you come back home since all this is always when he is not around.

Meanwhile,avoid watching television whenever she is around and if you have your own room,try and always remain indoors to avoid trouble.

All these are stories that make up successful ride in a mans life.

May God bless your struggle,dude

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by praizbenjamin(f): 7:07am On Jul 25, 2015
Vanquay:
Life doesn't work like that. If someone is of no use to me I cut them off cool
unless u qo thru a do or die situation, u won't understand the importance of family..i'll keep u in my prayers
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2015
I'll keep you in my dreams kiss
praizbenjamin:

unless u qo thru a do or die situation, u won't understand the importance of family..i'll keep u in my prayers
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Amhappy(f): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2015
Look for friends or any other family member to squat with asap. If you do not leave that house soon, you will suffer and regret the day you came into that house.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by mummydirect(f): 5:37am On Aug 20, 2015
[quote[email][/email] author=Adamsdelrio post=36144197] To be sincere with you, I have been doing a lot of house chores. I wash clothes, fetch water, clean the house and a whole lot of other things. This woman is not just cooperating. [/quote]
Then don't worry, just be yourself ok and make sure you don't exchange words with her, its a matter of time , God will bless u with a smatching job then she will start calling u " my in law". U take care of urself . Shalom!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by franco3075q(m): 5:25am On Dec 08, 2015
Leave dat house

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by laginks: 10:41am On Dec 08, 2015
ok.. ihave read your epistle... and i must tell you that not all women like extra family staying with them.. Firstly she might be such. secondly, do you help out with chores in the house? or do u just lazy about watching television when you could be of help in one area or the other that could also be her reason to behave the way she did.
Finally, it is her house. it is either you respect her rules or you PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE> it is as simple as ABC.
Thanks for reading
Adamsdelrio:
Everything you are about to read is absolutely true. I seriously need your advice on this issue before I do something I will regret

. I completed my academic recently and I traveled to my uncle's house, on his invitation to look for a job. My mother was against my journey to my uncle's house because she knew that his wife is going to cause me a lot of trouble. I didn't listen to her because I believe I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself in any unfavourable condition.

With great excitement, I arranged my things and headed straight for the longest journey of my life. We travelled for about 9-10hrs! I've never traveled that long. I got to my destination without any stress..

Don't let me bore you with a long story. Ever since I got here, it's been from one trouble to another with my uncle's wife. She complains about everything I do. If I touch anything in the house, she will surely has something bad to say about it. She's so over censorious about anything that concerns me in the house. Sometimes when I'm watching a programme on TV, she will just come and switch it off or change the channel. There are 3 functioning TV in the house but it's the one I'm watching that she likes tampering with.

There was a day she repeated the same thing and I became angry. I couldn't take it that day so I told her about what she's doing. She told me what I will never forget in a hurry that day. She said 'This is my house and I can do and undo'. I was angry that day and I talked back at her. She reported me to my uncle that day. I apologised to her without countering any of her lies because I don't want to disrespect my uncle by arguing with his wife at his presence.

She's been doing a lot of things to provoke me in the house but I always keep quiet. She's a very good liar and a troublemaker. She does all these things when her husband is not around and I don't want to report her to her husband because it's going to look as if I'm bringing trouble into the family. Please, I need your advice. How can I live peacefully with the woman?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture) / Wife Catches Her Husband Sleeping With Her Mother In Nasarawa / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.