Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. (67517 Views)

‘My Wife Is Killing Me With Having Too Many Children, She Bears Them Like Rats’ / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House / My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by akanbiaa(m): 6:32am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Everything you are about to read is absolutely true. I seriously need your advice on this issue before I do something I will regret

. I completed my academic recently and I traveled to my uncle's house, on his invitation to look for a job. My mother was against my journey to my uncle's house because she knew that his wife is going to cause me a lot of trouble. I didn't listen to her because I believe I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself in any unfavourable condition.

With great excitement, I arranged my things and headed straight for the longest journey of my life. We travelled for about 9-10hrs! I've never traveled that long. I got to my destination without any stress..

Don't let me bore you with a long story. Ever since I got here, it's been from one trouble to another with my uncle's wife. She complains about everything I do. If I touch anything in the house, she will surely has something bad to say about it. She's so over censorious about anything that concerns me in the house. Sometimes when I'm watching a programme on TV, she will just come and switch it off or change the channel. There are 3 functioning TV in the house but it's the one I'm watching that she likes tampering with.

There was a day she repeated the same thing and I became angry. I couldn't take it that day so I told her about what she's doing. She told me what I will never forget in a hurry that day. She said 'This is my house and I can do and undo'. I was angry that day and I talked back at her. She reported me to my uncle that day. I apologised to her without countering any of her lies because I don't want to disrespect my uncle by arguing with his wife at his presence.

She's been doing a lot of things to provoke me in the house but I always keep quiet. She's a very good liar and a troublemaker. She does all these things when her husband is not around and I don't want to report her to her husband because it's going to look as if I'm bringing trouble into the family. Please, I need your advice. How can I live peacefully with the woman?
Go back and beg your Mother and follow her advice, if you don't soon you will be in police station for allegation of attempted assault and rape of your uncles wife, where ever you are you can always pray and apply for jobs online or keep dropping CVs around and when it's your destined time, Job will come looking for you.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by humilitypays(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Everything you are about to read is absolutely true. I seriously need your advice on this issue before I do something I will regret

. I completed my academic recently and I traveled to my uncle's house, on his invitation to look for a job. My mother was against my journey to my uncle's house because she knew that his wife is going to cause me a lot of trouble. I didn't listen to her because I believe I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself in any unfavourable condition.

With great excitement, I arranged my things and headed straight for the longest journey of my life. We travelled for about 9-10hrs! I've never traveled that long. I got to my destination without any stress..

Don't let me bore you with a long story. Ever since I got here, it's been from one trouble to another with my uncle's wife. She complains about everything I do. If I touch anything in the house, she will surely has something bad to say about it. She's so over censorious about anything that concerns me in the house. Sometimes when I'm watching a programme on TV, she will just come and switch it off or change the channel. There are 3 functioning TV in the house but it's the one I'm watching that she likes tampering with.

There was a day she repeated the same thing and I became angry. I couldn't take it that day so I told her about what she's doing. She told me what I will never forget in a hurry that day. She said 'This is my house and I can do and undo'. I was angry that day and I talked back at her. She reported me to my uncle that day. I apologised to her without countering any of her lies because I don't want to disrespect my uncle by arguing with his wife at his presence.

She's been doing a lot of things to provoke me in the house but I always keep quiet. She's a very good liar and a troublemaker. She does all these things when her husband is not around and I don't want to report her to her husband because it's going to look as if I'm bringing trouble into the family. Please, I need your advice. How can I live peacefully with the woman?
I don't know why Nigerian women are this wicked.

This isn't a new story; it is so rampant in every home all over Nigeria.

Our Nigerian women are just so insensitive, and they need to change this ugly attitude.

Every person that has once or twice lived with his or her married uncle in Nigeria must have experienced this same poo; its just a normal behaviour amongst the Nigerian married women and its so heartless of them.

This guy isn't staying forever for Christ's sake...why not give him peace for the period

Funny enough, 10 years from today, that woman and her husband may become broke while this guy he's persecuting now may end up richer than this her so-called husband.

I speak from numerous experiences around me.....all those uncles that used to be rich with their wives persecuting relations who visits them are now broke or struggling to survive while most of those young guys they persecuted are now living big and rich, yet our women won't learn from past experiences.

I never knew this nonsense still happens in present day Nigeria not until now.

And I think Nigerian men are the ones making their wives to be misbehaving and maltreating their relations for no justifiable reason.

And these men don't know that their own life and future is in danger because I noticed that most men married to wicked and heartless women like this usually end up broke or struggling with time.

Nigerian men wake up o....always find a way to discover secretly how your wife treats the guests in your house; its for your own good and future.

And to the single guys, pls shine your eyes...don't ignore your girlfriend or fiance's stingy and wicked attitudes towards your friends and relatives now you're courting her hoping that she will change, she won't, so you better tackle it now by giving her mandate to change or you leave her asap!

Such women should be avoided, and may God never allow me come across such woman talkless of marrying in Jesus name!

Women forget that helping strangers, assisting relaions, in-laws and those in need attracts divine blessing and favour from God, while maltreating them attracts God's anger and hardship.

@op, I know it won't be easy, try and find a way to leave that house but pls make sure u tell your uncle either in person, via sms, email or phone call after u leave. If u can, send the link to this thread to him so that he can read comments and learn.

Nigerian men pls and pls be at alert and try your best to find out how your wife treats her maids/house helps, domestic workers, visiting relatives and strangers in general because u may think it doesn't concern you, but her wicked attitude towards people can lead to your downfall or sudden death in life, let's be wise and prayerful too.

And op, let challenges like this motivate you towards working hard and also be prayerful to God for divine favour, believe me, u will come out victorious sooner.

Meanwhile, while u are still there, pls avoid watching TV, going to her kitchen to take food, be humble and help her with house chores or any message she sends u. God will see your pains and come to your aid fast. Read the book of psalms in the bible very often; God will send help to u asap!

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by CSTR2: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2015
charles009:
You know what! I think you should tell your uncle.
My fiancee whenever my brother comes to the house, she starts acting up. One day I saw my brother eating rice without meat. When the fridge is pilled up with goodies. In fact that day, She saw hell fire. I made it categorical that I will pretend I was ignorant that day, next time she tries that nonsense I would personally throw her out of my house! And she took her corrections immediately. In a house I pay the bills. Maybe am just too quick yo temper, I will not tolerate that shit.
This is exactly what a sensible husband would do.
But then how many husbands are sensible? Most would pander to the fickle feelings of a woman that would probably ''show you pepper'' if the going gets tough.
I would not tolerate any unwarranted maltreatment of my extended family members. There is every chance one would need them along the line.

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by akanbiaa(m): 6:36am On Jul 22, 2015
wilcox:

By their words you shall know them. I pity your inlaws
she spoke the reality.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by SirAweezy(m): 6:37am On Jul 22, 2015
charles009:
You know what! I think you should tell your uncle.
My fiancee whenever my brother comes to the house, she starts acting up. One day I saw my brother eating rice without meat. When the fridge is pilled up with goodies. In fact that day, She saw hell fire. I made it categorical that I will pretend I was ignorant that day, next time she tries that nonsense I would personally throw her out of my house! And she took her corrections immediately. In a house I pay the bills. Maybe am just too quick yo temper, I will not tolerate that shit.

The she officially becomes your wife is the day she officially look into your eyes and tell you to do your worst and you can't do jack!

By then the public has giving you a mumu button on patience and perseverance in marriage, and God save you she isn't a wailer; that is another mumu button.

Pray not to see that woman... That is stubborn it'll be almost a life time season film in your house without you noticing anything.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Raymonbell(m): 6:38am On Jul 22, 2015
For me I think that woman have a alot of problem.
I lived with my uncle few month ago and it's a beautiful experience because my uncle wife won't allow me to do anything within the house but I can kill her with compliments.

Maybe you should learn to give complement even when the soup is so bad that your uncle doesn't like it and always take her side in an argument. If this doesn't Work park your things and leave but register your displeasures with your uncle.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by onunwa21(m): 6:38am On Jul 22, 2015
My u didn't tell us how many rooms ur uncle is occupying...
How long u ve stayed wit dem....

Nd wot amounted dis troubles.......

Bt my naked advice to u is....... Pls liv dat house or
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by badostic: 6:41am On Jul 22, 2015
One thing you should know is that you are no longer in your mother's house that used to be a king. I have a cousin who is like you and he has several itches with my wife and there has been reports are lies from both party but I have always warned both of them accordingly. If you dump your pride and face your mission to that house there will be no wahala, just be a good boy, you are in another territory.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by gbame(m): 6:43am On Jul 22, 2015
I had a similar experience like yours and she will always insult my family, including my uncle. Whenever I get to tell my uncle she will deny the whole thing. So on this day, I was about to play a cassette, (those days you play cassette and video cassettes) she started insulting me my family as usual. So I did a recording of everything she said unknown to her. When my came back from work later that evening, I reported to him and she denied everything. I told my uncle to listen. I then played the recording of what transpired in his absence. He didn't allow the tape to finish playing. He took the cassette and up till today I didn’t see it again. My aunt apologized and we became very close after that. But the bad part is that my uncle is not comfortable with our closeness. I suspect that he was even comfortable with the animosity that formerly existed. All that is past now.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by walozanga(m): 6:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Young man, be careful cos there could be more behind dis hatred. From a similar experience MOST WOMEN HATE WHAT THEY CAN'T HAVE. you might have what she is jealous of even wen u are jobless. JST BE CLOSE TO GOD AND THINGS WILL CHANGE FOR GOOD.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by CSTR2: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2015
wilcox:

By their words you shall know them. I pity your inlaws
Ironically, people like her are usually the ones that get very wicked inlaws that take no prisoners.
Wicked and myopic wives everywhere.
I wonder who they expect to help their husbands tommorrow after they have antagonized all his relations and friends.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by mimicious(f): 6:49am On Jul 22, 2015
coolestrogue:
Move to where?
To the village grin
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Edusouls(m): 6:54am On Jul 22, 2015
its up to ur uncle to caution the wife,i once had such experience,but my uncle was fully in control, he seriously warned the wife and she gave me breathing space, real men should learn to protect their relations from their nasty wives.thats why once you marry some relations cease to visit again,u dont blame them, women naturally breed malice,hatred and problem due to their baad heart, is not their fault,sometimes they do it unknownly,blame eve for polluting their lineage with the deal with the devil at eden..

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by 2odd(m): 6:56am On Jul 22, 2015
angieberry:
She's actually right, it's her husband's house so she can do and undo, so you have no choice than to adhere to her rules. She obviously doesn't feel Comfortable with your presence in her house that's why she's acting up, and it will look very wrong if you keep complaining about her or reporting her. If you can't tolerate her behavior, you should probably leave that house. To live peacefully with her, you should get ready to swallow a lot of shit and I don't know if you're ready to do that.
. Na so u girls mumu reach , you lot are selfish to the core . I pray her husband get a new wife then I want to hear it's her husband house . haven't u heard of divorcing ur wife . mtchww

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by talk2tosep(m): 6:56am On Jul 22, 2015
Yoruba women are always like that,with such a very cruel attitudes,i grew up in these situations which is still affecting my life up till today either good or bad...good in sense because it makes me to be sensitive about myself and my environment..it situation I will never allow my kids to find there self into,the pain you will be going through..I don't think I can ever forgive that woman...ordinary house help was been treated better than me then...

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by zinzane: 6:57am On Jul 22, 2015
I have one like that...She spend all day looking out for faults. My younger sis stayed there but ran back home after 2weeks cos they were always having issues. Me went there for hols and she wanted to start her nonsense with me, She couldn't get at me ooo cos I didn't give her any chance. The strategy is called CALMNESS, let her shout and complain just keep shut, do the chores ur strength can let you, stay in ur room and only come out when ur uncle is around. Leave TV! I repeat leave Tv! Ur phone should be enough for you. When you get that job which you will get out as quick as you can.

Today am out of her house and she can't stop telling people how I am a very good and calm boy. It's well my guy.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 22, 2015
angieberry:
She's actually right, it's her husband's house so she can do and undo, so you have no choice than to adhere to her rules. She obviously doesn't feel Comfortable with your presence in her house that's why she's acting up, and it will look very wrong if you keep complaining about her or reporting her. If you can't tolerate her behavior, you should probably leave that house. To live peacefully with her, you should get ready to swallow a lot of shit and I don't know if you're ready to do that.
Why are you ladies so cruel and silly?
Make someone's life uncomfortable just to prove you're the boss sad

7 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by ALISMILE(m): 7:02am On Jul 22, 2015
Somhow in my life I ve alws easily had my way into d hearts of women! I think u re yet to understnd dem! Simply study her! Know her area weakness and tins she likes! If u er able todo dis, she will yearn to be ur friend! I ve alws had a smooth sail even wit d most despicable women! Jus know the politics! A woman is alws a woman! No mata how illiterate a fulani man his,he is still able to find his way around his radio! Tune women like radio!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by coolestrogue(m): 7:03am On Jul 22, 2015
mimicious:

To the village grin
Are you a student of uniben, looking at your display picture, it looks like uniben's love garden.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2015
Endure, get the job, get out. Remember your Uncle's children when you are made, forgive the woman but don't ever forget so as not to make the same mistakes in your own home.

It is what your Uncle allowed is what you see play out in his house.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Jamean(f): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2015
gidjah:
it's like that with you ladies ,you know ?!, jealousy no go allow una head correct. But u b careful o, try be nice to her, when returning home ,try getting her kids some thing ,even get her gifts too.just hope you aint the trouble type dear, really do hope so

You really didn't need to quote me as your opinion doesn't count neither am I answerable to you. He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches.

Her kids She is in her mid sixties. Decipher the rest.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by persius555(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2015
Op, u should know by now that virtually every woman with the exception of a few are not comfortable with accomodating in-laws. That is why they are women and we are men. The earlier u realise this the better. This is why god never created women to be heads of a family, in fact in many tribes in nigeria, its a taboo. Women dont have the level of tolerance that men have. I am not trying to condemn the women folks, its just natural.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by joowealth(m): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2015
I'm also facing the same challenge but what i do is 'endurance' by making her looks stupid at any time she try to take a fight or do something worth of engaging her in verbal clash. If you can endeur it, just be looking, dnt talk nor reply even if she insult u. Just try get a job, get ur own apartment n leave. Remember, it's for a purpose! (I'm talking from experience). Jah gud.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by evjblizee: 7:08am On Jul 22, 2015
i will advice you to pack your bages and vacate that cotage before that antichrist of a woman poison you.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by ekmike(m): 7:09am On Jul 22, 2015
My candid advise to you is to leave.For someone like me who can not trade my happiness for comfort or anything. I'l rather be on the street if it makes me happy than share a house with a quarellsome fellow.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by omonnakoda: 7:10am On Jul 22, 2015
talk2tosep:
Yoruba women are always like that,with such a very cruel attitudes,i grew up in these situations which is still affecting my life up till today either good or bad...good in sense because it makes me to be sensitive about myself and my environment..it situation I will never allow my kids to find there self into,the pain you will be going through..I don't think I can ever forgive that woman...ordinary house help was been treated better than me then...
Eboe women are worse and they fart too much because of akpu
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by ogawisdom(m): 7:11am On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:
Hahaha! cheesy

I just laughed because I am experiencing similar thing. Had to move to my uncle's house for proximity to work. It has not been a pleasant experience, in fact this night she sent the cook to tell me that if I come later than 9pm kitchen has closed.

Hehe! Fuuuck your food, I care less. Not when my mum & colleagues force me to eat.

The woman answers my greeting with her nose, utter words loosely, will tell the cook to not keep me dinner (how many I dey chop sef) and all, yet I never challenged her or told my uncle. But I made peace with myself 2 months ago that she can't make me unhappy.

I anticipated her attitude before coming but my dad insisted. Right now I have given her the space she needs, don't even light her cooking gas or watch TV. I am just solo and it makes sense.

All this is for a time, I won't be here forever. So OP respect your self, no be your papa house, women can be very funny. Not watching TV or enjoying other things won't kill you.

BTW, my uncle is such a pleasant angel.

U come home by 9pm n they allow u in into their houz without explanation they seem nice ooo tongue if na me u ve to write an essay abt ur waka dt kept u out till 9pm b4 u could b allowed into d houz

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by temmym4(m): 7:11am On Jul 22, 2015
Vanquay:
Some women tend to be aggressive when they are in love or Lust with their inferiors. Try Seducing her and killing her D*** style. Thats why i keep my distance from Family. I can choose Friends but Not Family undecided

Did u say "Seduce her"? Damn! Some guys' left ball needs to be crushed.
OP, you do that and you are completely finished, read her handwriting on the wall. SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU AND PROBABLY ANY OF HER HUSBAND'S FAMILY IN HER HOUSE!

You want to keep staying there, then you have to behave and stop over stepping your boundaries, that is if you even have a boundary of your own in there.

I know she is callous, but it is her and her husband's home anyway, if she says she doesn't want u watching TV, then don't!

If you are not so cool living with her rules, then Leave their house and go back to Mama (which is what she wanted)
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by seunoni34(m): 7:11am On Jul 22, 2015
obichiekweibe59:
You ar already in the city.Just talk to your uncle politely about her actions towards you and pack your things and go.Dont leave without finding time when she is not around to register your discomfort.After telling him,move away on a day he is not around and continue your search for job.OTHERWISE this woman will distract you and set you up so bad that yo will regret entering the house.
To maintain ur relationship with your uncle,you must come and visit HIM once in a long while to show your respect.Your visit only when he is around.Gud luk.
Why do you people give unrealistic advices on the Internet? So you think it's even polite to talk to your uncle about how his own wife is treating you? Lol
Have you forgotten we are in Nigeria where family issues are been handled with bias and sentiment?
You're really asking for serious trouble if you embark on such journey. What do you expect the uncle to do? Talk to his wife? Warn his wife? And make the wife more bitter and unapologetic towards you? Bro think!
I'm not sure you're from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Chimakennis: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Omo find ur way out of that house that is my only small advice to u.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by ogawisdom(m): 7:18am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:

D woman wants to make u highly uncomfortable in dt houz so u can leave their houz as soon as possible. She will continue increasing d trash she throws at u daily until d day she will give u a dirty slap cheesy

Get d message n leave early bc this will nt end well no matter wat u do bc u will b spendin lots of time wit her as u r jobless

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by praizbenjamin(f): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2015
Vanquay:
Some women tend to be aggressive when they are in love or Lust with their inferiors. Try Seducing her and killing her D*** style. Thats why i keep my distance from Family. I can choose Friends but Not Family undecided
family should always come first. no matter what

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.