Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. (67551 Views)

‘My Wife Is Killing Me With Having Too Many Children, She Bears Them Like Rats’ / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House / My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by ikukuhero: 7:24am On Jul 22, 2015
I always tell men one thing.

Never go to any home you are related to the man to stay, you will have problems. People that are related to the wive's usually have a smooth sail.

You got it so right. I lived with two blood brothers not uncles in lagos and abuja. Their wives were so so wicked. They would not cook on time, wouldn't even give you when they did. If they did, na old soup them go give you.

Was a hellish experience, but thank God for admission to the university. Another annoying thing, your confused brothers will never believe you.

I have since regrettably lost my eldest brother and I am in charge of the kids at the moment. The stupid woman is currently living in poverty with one hustler in madalla zuba now.

What a nolstagic evocation this your post got me into. But nevermind, I am stable now. Thanks

Exactly! I came into Lagos to seek employment. I lived with my oldest brother and his wife. The woman will act all nice and lovely towards me in my brothers presence, but will be unpleasant in his absence. She began complaining about me to her relatives and people around....money was a major source of complaints even when I had to resort to eating out, despite the fact that my brother has a good job. When I noticed I had overstayed my welcome, rather than keep being a source of anger to the lady, I had to rent my own small one room apartment. Now, I'm happier and independent. So, as long as the woman is not ur relative, forget it, u are a stranger in that house .

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by pesky2000: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2015
Leve the house
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by dazekid(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2015
TooNoisy:
Young man, she doesn't want you in her house. You should have listened to your mother and not gone there. My advice is either you quietly accept anything she throws at you or you leave her house. End of story.

You either take it or leave! No bargaining

angieberry:
She's actually right, it's her husband's house so she can do and undo, so you have no choice than to adhere to her rules. She obviously doesn't feel Comfortable with your presence in her house that's why she's acting up, and it will look very wrong if you keep complaining about her or reporting her. If you can't tolerate her behavior, you should probably leave that house. To live peacefully with her, you should get ready to swallow a lot of shit and I don't know if you're ready to do that.

See these fools sha. How the f*** is she right If it is her husband's house, how does that mean "she can do and undo"? This is what happens when good men fall and decide to marry prostitutes such as the two morons quoted. B**ches who don't even know what sibling love is and who don't even have the common sense of living peacefully with younger people for that matter. See their mouth like "quietly take anything she throws at you". *spits*.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by fortunechy(m): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2015
instead fo dt insult i rather stay back in villa. dts y women ar worse fin a man will xperience in life.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adebowale89(m): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2015
Since you are not staying for a longtime, then u have to tolerate her for that period and let her see herself as a fool by ignoring all her troublesomtroublesome
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by donem: 7:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
hmmm... Thanks.

Man my comment might seem weird. but believe me that woman lust you, don't ask me how am speaking from two personal experience.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Sanmel(f): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:
Hahaha! cheesy

I just laughed because I am experiencing similar thing. Had to move to my uncle's house for proximity to work. It has not been a pleasant experience, in fact this night she sent the cook to tell me that if I come later than 9pm kitchen has closed.

Hehe! Fuuuck your food, I care less. Not when my mum & colleagues force me to eat.

The woman answers my greeting with her nose, utter words loosely, will tell the cook to not keep me dinner (how many I dey chop sef) and all, yet I never challenged her or told my uncle. But I made peace with myself 2 months ago that she can't make me unhappy.

I anticipated her attitude before coming but my dad insisted. Right now I have given her the space she needs, don't even light her cooking gas or watch TV. I am just solo and it makes sense.

All this is for a time, I won't be here forever. So OP respect your self, no be your papa house, women can be very funny. Not watching TV or enjoying other things won't kill you.

BTW, my uncle is such a pleasant angel.
Almost d same thing I would av been passing through but for my sweet brother.. He made her realize from d outset dat I don't joke with dis my sister.. Now, people hardly know we aren't blood sisters although, I still try to avoid having issues with her..
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by anukulapo: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2015
coolestrogue:

Move to where?

coolestrogue:
Take your worries to God almighty, He alone can see you through. There is nothing lalasticlala and ishilove can do, the best they can do is to take this to the front-page.

What you passing through is just a little of what Joseph in the Bible went through, read that portion of the Bible and find hope.

Don't bother about moving. Coolestrogue is trying to tell you that you might soon be in jail (lolz).
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by anukulapo: 7:44am On Jul 22, 2015
zed7:
It's a pity u are living with a difficult woman. Try and record your conversations. Someday u may need it to vindicate yourself. For now, try and keep calm.
Let it be a spycam though. Video evidence (with audio) is better than audio only.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2015
women una see una life...why do you people want to be devils when you can be Mother Theresa or an angel? most of you women dont think about the future....OP not far from the thruth i experience this too in my family.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by scobyy2007: 7:48am On Jul 22, 2015
weyrey LOOOOOL

BeeBeeOoh:
My Uncle's Wife coming out soon. Grab Your Copy!!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Bakass(m): 7:52am On Jul 22, 2015
and you claim to be a big boy after all dis cock n bull stories, you are nothing but an ordinary house boy, dont tink u can ful every body in here.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by badostic: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Lolzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by mimicious(f): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2015
coolestrogue:

Are you a student of uniben, looking at your display picture, it looks like uniben's love garden.

Am not,
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by stonecoldcafe: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2015
emmatok:

Comments from some women on this thread is so crazy.

So it's ok for a woman treat her husband's family anyhow, you ladies forget that same woman might need the assistance or support of the husband family in the future.

All this gra gra she is making about its my house Will disappear of something bad happens to her husband and his family aid is needed.

Some women can be shortsighted.

How does that take away from the fact she does not want him in her home? Do you know the discussion husband and wife had on relations staying? How can she be making gra gra inside her own house? Do you know who brings home the beacon in that family?

I don't support the woman's bad behaviour but at the same time that is her home!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by troy20(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2015
dont ever put yourself in a position of vulnerability with a woman if you can actualy really help it.its good you've learnt from that little experience.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2015
troy20:
dont ever put yourself in a position of vulnerability with a woman if you can actualy really help it.its good you've learnt from that little experience.
by this your statement, it means people who are been bossed, employed, supervised by women are in serious trouble, are already in a ONE CHANCE situation...it is understandable because most women allow their emotions get the best of them when dealing in business or in any situation, even when logic is basically needed to operate.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by phrancky(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2015
I will advise u socialize more often, go out to church, make new friends outside the neighborhood, go to viewing centers, cafes.....just anywhere u will meet good people that can take u 2 the next level. It might not be landing u a top job at the moment, but at least u can move out of the house to another with the help of these contacts. You are a man and u have to make ur hustle pay, stay out of the house for most of the time and eat less of her food if u can. Avoid discussing anytin with ur uncle wen she is around. Wish u all d best man and see u at the top!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by elitejayjeff(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2015
Simple as that, she can only get you when you're always available, get busy bro

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by gidado14(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2015
StPete:
There's practically little u can do to live peacefully with her or change her as it is. Your best bet is to leave the house and do your job hunt elsewhere. When you succeed, I bet she would be the first to start saying nice words and stuff
leave the house na
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by IYANGBALI: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2015
abeg go back to your papa house jo and stop boring us with yeye story
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:27am On Jul 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Sit her down one afternoon and ask her whats she wants from you...

Pls dont do this ooo cos that's exactly what she's looking for, confrontation. Na that nyt u go find urself and ur load for outside!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:
Hahaha! cheesy

I just laughed because I am experiencing similar thing. Had to move to my uncle's house for proximity to work. It has not been a pleasant experience, in fact this night she sent the cook to tell me that if I come later than 9pm kitchen has closed.

Hehe! Fuuuck your food, I care less. Not when my mum & colleagues force me to eat.

The woman answers my greeting with her nose, utter words loosely, will tell the cook to not keep me dinner (how many I dey chop sef) and all, yet I never challenged her or told my uncle. But I made peace with myself 2 months ago that she can't make me unhappy.

I anticipated her attitude before coming but my dad insisted. Right now I have given her the space she needs, don't even light her cooking gas or watch TV. I am just solo and it makes sense.

All this is for a time, I won't be here forever. So OP respect your self, no be your papa house, women can be very funny. Not watching TV or enjoying other things won't kill you.

BTW, my uncle is such a pleasant angel.

I dont think that the solution is just keeping quite but believe that love is an instrument of change in ones life. We did not hear much about your activities in the house, are you washing clothes, sweeping the car, washing the car, going on errands. Please make yourself useful in the house and show as much love as possible and I believe God will see you through.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by mummydirect(f): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2015
But come to think of it, how nice are you to your host?. Most times people come to stay in their so called 'uncles' house expecting to be treated like a king and queens while sleeping till 10am hoping to find food on their table. What house chores do u take up to do in the house or do you just sit and expect her to do the house chores and at the same time cook and serve you? My friend, do something in the house and stop this my uncles house mentality. Learn to be humble and see how she will fall automatically in love with you. God bless you my brother and forgive if I sound so harsh.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Mariojane(f): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2015
This issue is very simple infact the simplest to solve, we are in 21st century if your uncle by now did not know his wife Is a troublemaker and he didn't believe your story why don't you record everything that she did to you in his absent and play it when he comes?
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:52am On Jul 22, 2015
mummydirect:
But come to think of it, how nice are you to your host?. Most times people come to stay in their so called 'uncles' house expecting to be treated like a king and queens while sleeping till 10am hoping to find food on their table. What house chores do u take up to do in the house or do you just sit and expect her to do the house chores and at the same time cook and serve you? My friend, do something in the house and stop this my uncles house mentality. Learn to be humble and see how she will fall automatically in love with you. God bless you my brother and forgive if I sound so harsh.
To be sincere with you, I have been doing a lot of house chores. I wash clothes, fetch water, clean the house and a whole lot of other things. This woman is not just cooperating.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by greatcrown: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Lover her! Love what she loves! If she changed to another programme, join her to watch the programme and even make good comments about the programme. Buy her things that you know she likes.

Love conquers all. I think you need more friends than enemy at this stage of your life.

But as much as you love her don't close your eyes to reality o. May the Lord grant you wisdom.

Love conquers all.

I pray you get a good job soonest.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adortem: 8:54am On Jul 22, 2015
I see different perspectives to the issue here. If you really must stay there,this is what you must do, and please drop the cultural beliefs which is even why you are going through hell

1) Help her with house chores: this is very important to most women and it works like magic,you can be home all day without helping out in the chores;

2) Get something doing, get a job,no matter how little, even if its teaching,sales boy,marketing job at least, so you can be going out and returning in the evening. Then you buy little stuffs for her and her kids on your way back;

3) "Worship her" Yeah! Respect her,let it be very obvious that you do, embarass her with respect even though culture says she must do that however,she is your uncle's wife,way older than you,she must definately respect you but culture made her to,her kid brother is probably 20 years older than you. This also works like magic!

4) Don't argue or exchange words with her,that's disrespectful and you are a guest in their house, if you don't react, you would even be in control of the situation;

5) Don't report her to your uncle, you would end up in the middle of the whole thing, don't be the Third party in their home.

I strongly believe that if you can't change a person or a situation, change yourself. You are the change you crave for!

If you can't do all these, leave the house and don't do it grudgingly, just look for an excuse cos who knows, you may need them again in future...
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by smartolaolu: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2015
I totally support the comment of "mummydirect" i.e comment above mine.
Aside this, I understand you may not have anywhere to stay in that vicinity except your your uncle's place and I assume you don't want to go back to village which I support to a certain extent. The only thing that can safe you is to get a job ASAP, this implies that you leave home as early as possible and come back as late as possible, all in moderation. You will only need to "contend" with her only weekends until you are able to save enough and get your own apartment.
This is what saved me from myself during my own trying period in d hand of my blood brother's wife.

The truth remains it's all a matter of time. Observe everything "mummydirect" says.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2015
Adortem:
I see different perspectives to the issue here. If you really must stay there,this is what you must do, and please drop the cultural beliefs which is even why you are going through hell

1) Help her with house chores: this is very important to most women and it works like magic,you can be home all day without helping out in the chores;

2) Get something doing, get a job,no matter how little, even if its teaching,sales boy,marketing job at least, so you can be going out and returning in the evening. Then you buy little stuffs for her and her kids on your way back;

3) "Worship her" Yeah! Respect her,let it be very obvious that you do, embarass her with respect even though culture says she must do that however,she is your uncle's wife,way older than you,she must definately respect you but culture made her to,her kid brother is probably 20 years older than you. This also works like magic!

4) Don't argue or exchange words with her,that's disrespectful and you are a guest in their house, if you don't react, you would even be in control of the situation;

5) Don't report her to your uncle, you would end up in the middle of the whole thing, don't be the Third party in their home.

I strongly believe that if you can't change a person or a situation, change yourself. You are the change you crave for!

If you can't do all these, leave the house and don't do it grudgingly, just look for an excuse cos who knows, you may need them again in future...
Whaooooo! I like the way you think. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adortem: 9:02am On Jul 22, 2015

1) Help her with house chores: this is very important to most women and it works like magic,you cannot be home all day without helping out in the chores;

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture) / Wife Catches Her Husband Sleeping With Her Mother In Nasarawa / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.