Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,113 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:43 AM

Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (24619 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by jidal14: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by UromOta(m): 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

No...changes don't reflect on slip! I confirmed dat.
serious! U mean it doesnt reflect in d jamb RESULT slip?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Venus007(f): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmm.... But wetin man go do? They should av statd their cutoff b4 change of institution form closed nah. Its unfair.
calebify1:

The man was like instead of parents to go and build up their children to be up to standard they are protesting....
My deduction is dat Jamb already set the national cut off and cannot set cut off for the school again. So unilag is where all this problem is from... Unilag has the right to set any cut off for highly competitive courses unlike Unilorin that clearly stipulated 240 in jamb for medicine in the jamb brochure...
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
UromOta:
serious! U mean it doesnt reflect in d jamb RESULT slip?

Let's wait for the necessary channel to verify our positions from Jamb.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
Latest developments....I knew something was wrong with UNILAG!!!
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said that the national cut off point for screening of candidates for admission remained the minimum expectation that each candidate desirous of university admission should have. This is contained in a statement issued by the Public Relations Officer of the board, Dr Fabian Benjamin, made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Lagos. According to the statement, the attention of the board has been drawn to the challenge experienced by some candidates who could not access the University of Lagos site to register for the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The statement said that the board sincerely sympathised with their frustration. “We want to seize this opportunity to state that our attention has been drawn to the agitation by some parents and students who turned out for the registration for the post JAMB screening exercise for the candidates. “We sympathise with them but wish to state categorically that the national cut off point is just the minimum expectation that each candidate desirous of university admission should have. “However, universities are at liberty to go higher than 180, depending on their peculiarities and the performance of candidates who chose them. “For instance, if over 10,000 candidates who made Unilag their first choice scored 250 and above, it will be difficult for them to go lower than 250 when they are to admit only about 7000. “I wish to state that a time will come when some universities will go up to 300 as their cut off mark, depending on the performance,’’ the statement said. It explained that because of the development, the board decided that some of the candidates who chose such institutions but fall below their cut off marks should not miss out, hence the need to send them to other schools. The statement added that such a gesture should rather be applauded, instead of condemning the Dibu Ojerinde-led JAMB management.

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by calebify1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:
Latest developments....I knew something was wrong with UNILAG!!!
investigation solved.
Now jamb is doing dem something good by taking them where they'll be eligible.
well done RobinHez.......
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
calebify1:

investigation solved.
Now jamb is doing dem something good by taking them where they'll be eligible.
well done Robin Hez.......

Hmmm...yeah, I remember saying something of dat sort during the early pages.

But I won't call of the case just yet...still need some info, like how its all gonna be carried out. BUt thanks for standing by.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
JAMB NEW ADMISSION POLICY - THE GOOD SIDE Jul, 23 Like we promised, we have been following the new jamb admission policy and have been trying to ascertain the rationale and criteria used by JAMB in determining the eligibility of candidates to participate in their choice schools' post-UTME this year. Our findings have shown that the policy may not really be as bad as it seems. JAMB arrived at this new policy basically by considering the number of candidates that applied for the courses approved by NUC in the various schools and the number of applicants per institution. For instance, statistics has it that, a whopping 607,330 candidates applied to study just in the top ten universities. This only implies that the carrying capacities of these universities have been outweighed by the number of applicants. In other to give such candidates that may not be absorbed by these universities opportunity of gaining admission this year, there is need to re- distribute these candidates to other universities that have less than their carrying capacities based on scores and catchment areas. The import of this is that only the top scorers (say about 20%) in a particular course may be considered eligible to participate in the Post- UTME of their choice institutions. Especially in those institutions that have more candidates than their carrying capacities could contain. So for candidates who scored the required cut-off mark and yet not eligible to participate in their schools’ post-UTME you may need to consider the following; 1.The probability that you are in the top 20% in your chosen course. 2.If your choice in institution is under your state’s catchment. So it can be deduced that the main aim for this new admission policy is to balance the admission process. In order to create an almost balanced platform for candidates which will give them a better chance of gaining admission this year. This is because if JAMB was to go with the status quo, the admission will be partial and greatly tilted to one side and will also disfavour many. The affected candidates like we gathered will soon be notified by JAMB on what to do next .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by calebify1(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
[ A preliminary investigation carried out by Myschool, through a JAMB Staff, has
revealed that the board will notify candidates of the new school/course they
will be posted, to adopt the new policy of candidate distribution.
According to the JAMB Staff, "Some of the candidates who scored more than
200 and are being rejected for some courses, happened based on the
individual cut-off marks set by the institution for those particular courses. In
summary too many students applied for those courses and the University can
only admit a fraction of the candidates who applied. JAMB will therefore notify
candidates of appropriate Universities/Course they can apply for."
It is therefore our deduction that these rejected candidates will be sent to
study the same courses in other Universities of lesser competition. This policy
also ensures that best candidates in the country are admitted, even if it means
posting them to other institutions.
The new policy to evenly distribute candidates by JAMB has met heavy
criticism based on the fact that forms were sold for candidates to Change their
Course/Institution.[/quote]
An extract from my school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by SlyCharlie(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:
Ok guys...another discovery

according to this websites

http://www.myschoolgist.com.ng/ng/unilag-jamb-new-policy/

There headline reads...UNILAG Implements JAMB Admission New Policy for 2015/16

what does that mean? it means for now, only Unilag has gone ahead with the new policy.

Recall that some schools like ABUAD are done with their PUTME exams already, Lasu is set to begin, and a host of other schools, but there is no mention of the new policy even on UI's Portal.

#still investigating grin
Breaking!!!!
Futo starts implementation of jambs new policy!!!
www.futo.edu.ng/news/tabid/272/id/298/20152016-futo-post-utme-screening-exercise.aspx
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Whizzcute(m): 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
BREAKING NEWS: Affected candidates should check on August 5th to know the institution they have bern posted to.

Read the full article here: https://www.nairaland.com/2472974/controversial-cut-off-mark-what-candidates#36201527
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2015
Hey guys...
Good news is, the Ministry of Education can stop this policy
Bad news is, Baba is yet to appoint ministers...
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by MrOra(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
RobinHez:
Hey guys...

Good news is, the Ministry of Education can stop this policy

Bad news is, Baba is yet to appoint ministers...

smiley
Loooooooool. Baba Go fast. Anyways I just went through the whole thread and it just confirmed my suspicion that jamb is no fool and they really mean well. Students are wailing because admission is once a year and some states are not safe plus the standard of teaching is tilted to a small number of schools. I'm a newbie here (I'm a pro in visitor mode tho) but I see some really wise people. Let's just be patient, I knew something was up when unilorin delayed putme form, I'm going for biochemistry and I scored 245. Just putting my mind in a mental jacuzzi. grin fear solves nothing strategy does.

3 Likes

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Survivor33(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
RobinHez:
In response to this thread:> https://www.nairaland.com/2467498/shocking-illegal-new-jamb-eligibility

I've decided to post my findings here...and i employ other "like" minds to help mee do the same here.

Pls. complaints on the rumour should be dropped on the above thread, while theories explaining the 'new' process should be done on this thread.

#no panicking!

Good evening kiddo. am a uniben aspirant, so I do I kw if am eligible or not to seat for the post utme screening??
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
Survivor33:

Good evening kiddo. am a uniben aspirant, so I do I kw if am eligible or not to seat for the post utme screening??
We'd have to wait for the portal wen Uniben releases her forms...

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Survivor33(m): 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
RobinHez:

We'd have to wait for the portal wen Uniben releases her forms...
Chai so till then we won't kw our fate??
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 7:27am On Jul 26, 2015
Survivor33:
Chai so till then we won't kw our fate??
Apparently cry
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 11:53am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by MrOra(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
Someone just checked his, from UI to this.... I can't cry, God

2 Shares

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrOra:
Someone just checked his, from UI to this.... I can't cry, God
Am so sorry to hear this cry
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by MrOra(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
RobinHez:

Am so sorry to hear this cry
Thanks, I just checked mine. They didn't move me at all

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrOra:
Thanks, I just checked mine. They didn't move me at all
Thank God o...

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
can you all now agree that diz policy is d lamest shiii ever! teempakguy ?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
angry
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ada96:
angry
Wha?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ada96:
can you all now agree that diz policy is d lamest shiii ever! teempakguy ?
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 Examinations To Hold In May / Arthur Eze On Track To Establish A University / Make money online with MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.