Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (24266 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Melancholy(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
@lalasticlala i seem to find solace in this thread from all the cacophony of misconstrued information am getting from similar threads that ineligibility leads to no where heightens candidates anxiety even though jamb steps could receive plaudits eventually but timing of initiation is not accepted
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Onifari(m): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
I think those that did not provide their ssce result are affected.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Venus007(f): 12:02am On Jul 22, 2015
It is well. Pukka36, whr are u?
Ada96:
delta ...
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
It is well. Pukka36, whr are u?
amen o ...
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 12:55am On Jul 22, 2015
still doesnt make any sense.... undecided
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Onifari:
I think those that did not provide their ssce result are affected.
no. That's not it.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 2:05am On Jul 22, 2015
angrycry

Lemme just pretend and stay@RobinHez's backembarassed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 2:08am On Jul 22, 2015
I couldn't even sleep well,I kept tossing and turning in bed....embarassed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by simdam500(m): 6:18am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36: I couldn't even sleep well,I kept tossing and turning in bed....embarassed

Pele sad , let see how it unfolds in 2days time
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by soundtruth(m): 6:55am On Jul 22, 2015
Sorry to burst your bubble but this new JAMB policy affects every university.

UNILAG is the only one bold enough to publicize it, the rest are still analyzing and waiting to see what will happen.

The best thing is to try and discover the university your name was sent to and make plans for there as a plan B.

2 Likes

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
angrycry

Lemme just pretend and stay@Rob inHez's backembarassed
pretend on what? cheesy
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 8:19am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
pretend on what? cheesy
Lolcheesy,pretend natongue
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2015
Ok guys...another discovery

according to this websites

http://www.myschoolgist.com.ng/ng/unilag-jamb-new-policy/

There headline reads...UNILAG Implements JAMB Admission New Policy for 2015/16

what does that mean? it means for now, only Unilag has gone ahead with the new policy.

Recall that some schools like ABUAD are done with their PUTME exams already, Lasu is set to begin, and a host of other schools, but there is no mention of the new policy even on UI's Portal.

#still investigating grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2015
The only other website to carry news of this development is coincidentally? Unilag admission guide website

http://unilagadmissionguide.com/2015/07/21/jamb-new-policy-on-eligibility-of-candidates-for-20152016-admission-for-undergraduates/

#still acting like James Bond grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Lolcheesy,pretend natongue

check out the new stuffs i found online...
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2015
Ur latest findings only help to re-affirm our deductions yesterday!!!

Jesushocked,as it stands,schools will have their hands tied cox Jamb seems to be spearheading this very policysad
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Ur latest findings only help to re-affirm our deductions yesterday!!!

Jesushocked,as it stands,schools will have their hands tied cox Jamb seems to be spearheading this very policysad
yes of course....

so i plea with those going to stage a protest...even if u wanna do it,,,do it in front of Jamb's office!
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
yes of course....

so i plea with those going to stage a protest...even if u wanna do it,,,do it in front of Jamb's office!
Choi!,I just hope Uniben behaves cox the Jamb office we have here in Benin is too old and is worth less than a #100,000.So if we go 'gbege' am now,e nr go pain themlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2015
hmmm....another website carrying the same useless story...

http://www.jambcbttest.com/news?news=350
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Choi!,I just hope Uniben behaves cox the Jamb office we have here in Benin is too old and is worth less than a #100,000.So if we go 'gbege' am now,e nr go pain themlipsrsealed
looool
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by UniqueGem(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2015
I wonder what some of you here stand to gain by trying to disproof reality. The truth of the matter is that Jamb has set a new policy, and this new policy is being/has been implemented by Unilag. This thread is really leading nowhere since it isn't providing answers to the mystery questions that needs answers. Dissecting different articles from different sites and blogs doesn't change the news Unilag posted on their website, neither does it change the intentions of jamb. Instead dilly dalling in this hocus pocus, i think the resource used in disproving should be targeted at getting answers amicably or forcefully. Amicable in the sense that we look for ways to get jamb to answer our questions even if it involves going to their office to demand explanations(we have the right to demand an explanation) or forcefully by joining the protest. I don't want it to appear some of us care less because we ain't or haven't been affected. A stitch in time......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by simdam500(m): 8:52am On Jul 22, 2015
UNILAG Notice To 2015/2016 Candidates On New Admission Policy.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) at its 2015 Combined Policy Meeting, held on July 14, 2015 in Abuja, announced the adoption of a policy whereby candidates of universities with surplus applicants for the Unified Matriculation Examinations (UTME) are reassigned to other universities with lower number of candidates than their capacities.

According to the Registrar/CEO of JAMB, Professor Dibu Ojerinde, the policy portends two benefits:

It will be beneficial to “needy Universities” that is universities with lower number of candidates than their capacities, as this will ensure that these universities will have more candidates to admit.

Candidates will have better chances for admission in the universities they are re-assigned to, contrary to situations where they would await admission in the universities of their first choices until the admission exercise closes and they forfeit admission in that session.

This policy has been implemented with immediate effect. Consequently, the eligibility for Post-UTME screening in the University of Lagos like other universities in Nigeria has been determined by JAMB.

In effect, only candidates whose names were forwarded to the University of Lagos by JAMB are eligible for the 2015/2016 post-UTME screening.

myschool
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 8:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Nice point U have@Unique
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:57am On Jul 22, 2015
i'm still having this feeling...

look at this again
JAMBS NEW POLICY AFFECTS UNILAG POST-UTME: ELIGIBILITY REQUIRED
http://www.jambcbttest.com/news?news=351

how come??

somebody help me reason things na.... dont just view
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:08am On Jul 22, 2015
NIce one there mate.
I'd just like to take u on some points raised... smiley
UniqueGem:
I wonder what some of you here stand to gain by trying to disproof reality
NO one is trying to disproof the claims.
the title of the thread reads...Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation"
and the main point of the thread is stated on the first post which says: theories explaining the 'new' process should be done on this thread.
The truth of the matter is that Jamb has set a new policy, and this new policy is being/has been implemented by Unilag.
another brilliant point there...why has only Unilag come out to publish it?
This thread is really leading nowhere since it isn't providing answers to the mystery questions that needs answers. Dissecting different articles from different sites and blogs doesn't change the news Unilag posted on their website, neither does it change the intentions of jamb. Instead dilly dalling in this hocus pocus
Its an investigative thread ( grin) it cant provide answers at the first post...its meant for us to share ideas on what we know and what we've heard...and i decided to severe it from the Panic thread created at first...
i think the resource used in disproving should be targeted at getting answers amicably or forcefully. Amicable in the sense that we look for ways to get jamb to answer our questions even if it involves going to their office to demand explanations(we have the right to demand an explanation) or forcefully by joining the protest. I don't want it to appear some of us care less because we ain't or haven't been affected. A stitch in time......
lool...like i said , no one is saying "its a lie"
Has anyone tried contacting Jamb...escpecially those affected ny this new development? let him share his points here.

and for the record...i care more about this shit than anyone can imagine...but keeping our calm first is key to getting answers...cause we know what panic stress can cause.

cheers bro...and dat oinbo wey u blow about dilly dally holcl....na strong one for me o grin

4 Likes

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by UniqueGem(m): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
i'm still having this feeling..
What feeling are you talking about?

look at this again
JAMBS NEW POLICY AFFECTS UNILAG POST-UTME: ELIGIBILITY REQUIRED
http://www.jambcbttest.com/news?news=351
Here is what the article says
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) at its 2015 Combined Policy Meeting, held on July 14, 2015 in Abuja, announced the adoption of a policy whereby candidates of universities with
surplus applicants for the Unified
Matriculation Examinations (UTME) are reassigned to other universities with lower number of candidates than their capacities.
This policy has been implemented with immediate effect. Consequently, the eligibility for Post-UTME screening in the University of Lagos like other universities in Nigeria has been
determined by JAMB. In that effect, only candidates whose names
were forwarded to the University of Lagos by JAMB are eligible for the 2015/2016 post- UTME screening.
What exactly are you missing?

how come??
How come what?

somebody help me reason things na.... dont just view
Reason what exactly? I don't seem to understand you, is it that you're finding it hard to believe this policy or what?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:29am On Jul 22, 2015
UniqueGem:
What feeling are you talking about?

Here is what the article says What exactly are you missing?

How come what?

Reason what exactly? I don't seem to understand you, is it that you're finding it hard to believe this policy or what?
here is where am feeling somehow...
the eligibility for Post-UTME screening in the University of Lagos like other universities in Nigeria has been
determined by JAMB.
what other Universities?
the ones that have already released results of their CBT test or the ones that dont have an information concerning this policy.

i went to Ilorin's admission requirement page for engineering students...
http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/admission-requirements

nothing there...
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by markemordi(m): 9:34am On Jul 22, 2015
Is not only unilag MOUA in Abia state just brought their postume form and said only those jamb said they are eligible will write their exam
Source:http://mouauportal.edu.ng/news-detail.php?nid=72
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2015
author=markemordi post=36145546]Is not only unilag MOUA in Abia state just brought their postume form and said only those jamb said they are eligible will write their exam
Source:http://mouauportal.edu.ng/news-detail.php?nid=72
hmmmmmmmm.....
thanks for this info
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2015
*Case closed*grin!!!
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
*Case closed*grin!!!
cry cry cry

grin grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
cry cry cry

grin grin
Oya,do fast and lock this thread and needle!

Gimme the key when U throughtongue

Now,be a good boy and tell me Ur State of Orgingrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNIBEN Sets Up Panel To Probe 'Aggressive Malpractice' Video Graduate / Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike / Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.