Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (24223 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
cheesy That's why I'm the one going for computer science. wink
And dats why I'm going for Elect/Elect embarassed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

And dats why I'm going for Elect/Elect embarassed
chai . . . grin grin
You be electrician?
Chai! tongue
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
chai . . . grin grin You be electrician? Chai! tongue
Shatap there jhor tongue
Its only in Nigeria we are regarded as 'electricians' and 'radionics' cry
But our species abroad design Robots, spaceships, and anything electronical...tongue

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Shatap there jhor tongue

Its only in Nigeria we are regarded as 'electricians' and 'radionics' cry

But our species abroad design Robots, spaceships, and anything electronical...tongue
well, you can be a pioneer in that . . . cool
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by bi0nics: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
In response to this thread:> https://www.nairaland.com/2467498/shocking-illegal-new-jamb-eligibility

I've decided to post my findings here...and i employ other "like" minds to help mee do the same here.

Pls. complaints on the rumour should be dropped on the above thread, while theories explaining the 'new' process should be done on this thread.

#no panicking!

H0w d0 I check my eligibility. .UI
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
well, you can be a pioneer in that . . . cool
I accepted the course so I can work on "made in Nigeria products"

And also invent something I've been secretely concealing in me lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
bi0nics:

H0w d0 I check my eligibility. .UI
Wait till the 27th of this Month sir. smiley
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

I accepted the course so I can work on "made in Nigeria products"

And also invent something I've been secretely concealing in me lipsrsealed
everybody just dey conceal something lipsrsealed. Berra go and find work in innoson. grin grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by bi0nics: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Wait till the 27th of this Month sir. smiley

THANKS smiley
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
Robinhez God bless you plenty.... I knew something was wrong when uniben delayed. Remember I said something concerning Jamb, although it wasn't very similar to this. Nice work, u guys should continue with d investigation. THIS DIBU SEF.

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
everybody just dey conceal something lipsrsealed. Berra go and find work in innoson. grin grin
U sef no conceal ya own? cheesy lipsrsealed

Anyways, I don't have plans to work under anybody when am done with schooling...except in a case when I need finance for a project sad

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
DoctorAB:
Robinhez God bless you plenty.... I knew something was wrong when uniben delayed. Remember I said something concerning Jamb, although it wasn't very similar to this. Nice work, u guys should continue with d investigation. THIS DIBU SEF.

Thanks sir...also give credit to my boy (lipsrsealed) Teempakguy
grin

#na joke o
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

U sef no conceal ya own? cheesy lipsrsealed

Anyways, I don't have plans to work under anybody when am done with schooling...except in a case when I need finance for a project sad
shocked shocked
You and I have very similar plans!

I also don't want to work under anyone. Instead, together with brilliant scientists. wink
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by CuteMaryJ: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
sylarsquins:

Hey, pls kindly notify me wen u find out the means of knwin the institution uve bin transfered to. Thanks
I sure will
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:

Robinhez, look at this idea.

There are roughly 70 public/government own universities in Nigeria.

The total number of candidates that scored above 200 and are hence fully capable of being admitted to the university are 455 639. If these were equally shared among all these universities, each university would have an average of 6500 students . . . very convenient!

However, in the presentation I downloaded showed that a mind boggling 607330 students applied to just ten universities!!!

That means almost everyone that scored above 200 is gunning for one out of just ten universities.

It then only makes sense to redistribute the students so that each university has 6500 students each. Personally, I think that's a very good idea, honestly.

Seeing this, I am thinking the students would be redistributed based on

1. Their scores.
2. The proximity of the universities to their States.
3. Catchment.

And all of these would be done with percentage based selection per course!

With these, there is no need to transfer anyone to private schools or Maiduguri. There are more than enough other places to transfer them to.

let the students who have not been verified consider this.
Ask your selves these.

1. What is the probability that I am among the top 20% in my chosen course.
2. How far is my school from my state?
3. Do I fall under my school's catchment?

BRILLIANT
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by fflamingo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Just in a moment ago;

The National Association Of Nigerian Students south west zone has called for
immediate reversal of the new admission policy (Eligibility Regulation).

According to a statement issued by the General Secretary and Public Relations
Officer Zone D, Comr. Obanobi Bidemi and Comr. Olatinwo Jeremiah, the
association describes this new policy as fraudulent.

The statement reads," Over 40 million Nigerian students at home and in diaspora
want the JAMB registrar to define the word “CHOICE of INSTITUTION”. Why would I
be posted to a school I never applied for? Why would I be posted to a school above
my parents’/sponsors’ means. “We saw this trend coming from last year when the myopic board reduced the options of institution of choice from six to three claiming it is to save students from the fraudulent activities of tertiary institutions in the process of admitting students.“
We call on the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to
begin a probe into the accounts of the admission board, its registrar and top
echeleon as it has been paid by proprietors of private tertiary institutions hence
the bastardization of the admission exercise – a great semblance to the scandal
that rocked the world football governing body, FIFA,” it said.

The statement also warns that the over 5 million students across the 6 states of the
South West, including affected students, would be mobilised to the JAMB office if
the policy was not reversed immediately.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
fflamingo:
Just in a moment ago;

The National Association Of Nigerian Students south west zone has called for
immediate reversal of the new admission policy (Eligibility Regulation).

According to a statement issued by the General Secretary and Public Relations
Officer Zone D, Comr. Obanobi Bidemi and Comr. Olatinwo Jeremiah, the
association describes this new policy as fraudulent.

The statement reads," Over 40 million Nigerian students at home and in diaspora
want the JAMB registrar to define the word “CHOICE of INSTITUTION”. Why would I
be posted to a school I never applied for? Why would I be posted to a school above
my parents’/sponsors’ means. “We saw this trend coming from last year when the myopic board reduced the options of institution of choice from six to three claiming it is to save students from the fraudulent activities of tertiary institutions in the process of admitting students.“
We call on the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to
begin a probe into the accounts of the admission board, its registrar and top
echeleon as it has been paid by proprietors of private tertiary institutions hence
the bastardization of the admission exercise – a great semblance to the scandal
that rocked the world football governing body, FIFA,” it said.

The statement also warns that the over 5 million students across the 6 states of the
South West, including affected students, would be mobilised to the JAMB office if
the policy was not reversed immediately.
they're making life difficult for themselves. Honestly. undecided
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
shocked shocked
You and I have very similar plans!

I also don't want to work under anyone. Instead, together with brilliant scientists. wink
And u're favorite book as a kid was the encyclopedia? shocked

Well...I hope we can both partner on a project when the time is ripe wink
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

And u're favorite book as a kid was the encyclopedia? shocked
ehn!
Where did you find out. shocked

Well...I hope we can both partner on a project when the time is ripe wink
of course na.
60% of the time will be spent on fighting. grin grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by fflamingo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
they're making life difficult for themselves. Honestly. undecided
obviously when critically checked, the policy benefit every sane admission seeker. I repeat SANE.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
ehn! Where did you find out. shocked
I do my research grin

of course na. 60% of the time will be spent on fighting. grin grin
Loool...especially with ur "nose dat can sniff profit" Cuz I dnt like money dat much...embarassed
Just hope we won't pour acid on ourselves grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
fflamingo:
obviously when critically checked, the policy benefit every sane admission seeker. I repeat SANE.
of course.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
I sure will
Thanks
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

I do my research grin

Loool...especially with ur "nose dat can sniff profit"
Cuz I dnt like money dat much...embarassed

Just hope we won't pour acid on ourselves grin
grin grin grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
please allow me to make a little contribution to this, OAU has started selling her post utme scratch cards about four days ago, and so far there hasn't been any ineligibility case that I know of.But the situation is that unlike before when you just have to put in your reg number and then all your data will be retrieved as it is on JAMB database including your score, you now have to input them yourself now with the e-portal telling you that JAMB is yet to send your details. But so far, people have been doing their registration without any hiccup, with the exam slated to hold on August 8.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by mazechdotcom: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Read the latest gist:

Man hanged himself after receiving a letter. See the letter - https://www.nairaland.com/2470220/tears-45-yr-old-man-just
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Efostick(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ayam fearing oh...I nuh get backUp plan oh...

Uniben please oh... embarassed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by umbotombara: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Abeg Jare.... let us hear word... Jamb this.., Jamb That.... If u need help passing jamb, buzz me... umbotombara@yahoo.com
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by CuteMaryJ: 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
sylarsquins:

Hey, pls kindly notify me wen u find out the means of knwin the institution uve bin transfered to. Thanks
From what I'm hearing, the only way is by going to Jamb's office.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by CosmicSensation: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
I've never understood the reason behind the restriction of being allowed to write for a limited amount of schools after passing utme.

I've always felt it would have been better to allow candidates write for as many institutions as they can after utme...

After increasing the limitation, they've decided to turn their stůpidity up a notch and have made it even worse

Dibu is a fûcked up human being... Absolutely no doubt about that
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thanks Teempakguy and RobinHez!

Brilliant cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's The Slogan Of Your University? / Federal Polytechnic Nekede First Admission List 2011/2012 Out / How Do I Get My Certificate Or My Money Back, Please Advise Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.