Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. (2497 Views)

My Husband Wants To Use Me For Money Rituals / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
cococandy:

More like. what's going on our country.?
Is everyone not a sexual assailant.
I refuse to believe it
There must be good ones.

What I don't understand is how a banker is suddenly more liable to cheat than a worker of any other institution? There's some anecdotal reasoning for ya.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by cococandy(f): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

What I don't understand is how a banker is suddenly more liable to cheat than a worker of any other institution? Now, there's some anecdotal reasoning for ya.

Not only bankers. Nurses are accused too. Business women too especially if they have to travel to conduct business. And what have you

Any job that involves working late hrs, being away from home for a while or meeting a lot of people in NIGERIA is an automatic label for a lady to be termed possibly promiscuous.

Primary and secondary Teachers are faithful grin
And shop owners or those who do the 8am-3pm kind of jobs. The ones their husbands can account for where they are at any given moment. (Or so they think) cheesy

If they can't, then that means you may meet a guy and cheat on them. God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
cococandy:

Not only bankers. Nurses are accused too. Business women too especially if they have to travel to conduct business. And what have you

Any job that involves working late hrs, being away from home for a while or meeting a lot of people in NIGERIA is an automatic label for a lady to be termed possibly promiscuous.

Primary and secondary Teachers are faithful grin
And shop owners or those who do the 8am-3pm kind of jobs. The ones their husbands can account for where they are at any given moment. (Or so they think) cheesy

If they can't, then that means you may meet a guy and cheat on them. God forbid.

Insightful, Coco. One would think people would reason it easier to cheat as a housewife grin

An old uncle (not my real uncle, but a rando unrelated person we call "uncle" for reverence) once told me not to work nights when I was first considering it because (loosely translated), "the devil does his best work at night, and you might get caught in his trap", meaning that I might be carried away with the charms of a co-worker in the dead of night, and idk possibly bone on the testing analyzers in my personal protective equipment, or in the on-call rooms like they like to do in those unrealistic hospital dramas. That wouldn't be me, of course, but the devil doing his work. It's appalling.

I can think of a million more pertinent, realistic reasons not to work late shift, but that was the one I was met with. It kills.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by KanwuliaJara: 1:28am On Jul 23, 2015
You are married to a man who does not wish you well. Period!
You have pleaded with him and he still remains pig-headed? undecided
I would not pay him any mind o.
If you quit your job, YOUR LIFE WILL BE MISERABLE. kiss

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Joy1706(f): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Baby woman, dis is naija, guess u not anywhere close. D targets dey set here is like mount kilimanjaro, looking at d lady she sounds too ambitious cum a career person dat can do anytin to hit d target. I prefer she resigns and save d cookies for her husband, its is no secret dat most nigerian men sleeps wif ladies(marketers) just to deposit change into dem bank. If am d husband, its either u resign dat work, or u leave my house. Don't blame me, its d system.
How is yankee dear?
Lalasticlala still dhe sleep
Leave which house? The house she has also invested in? You must be a bigggggg joker
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by cutiesoglam(f): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
dont ever quit,he should trust u since all dis yrs u ve bin together, unless he is ready to set up a "big" business for u...story go change wen u get broke..please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Pregnant Women So Difficult? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On His Wedding Day / Her Dad Is Sleeping With Her! Who Does She Tell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.