Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Should Nigeria Have A Referendum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Have A Referendum (4210 Views)

UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. / POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. / Lawyers: Can The UN Force A Referendum On Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by IME1: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
Not too long ago UK had a referendum to know if the Scottish wanted to have their own Country independent of the UK, at the end they opted to stay within the UK.

Now in Nigeria some Ibos want to have their own country- Biafra.

Is it wrong for them to so demand? the idea of 'one indivisible entity...' bla bla is not slavery oh! if we say no part of Nigeria can break out because it will be treason or whatever terminology then what is the difference between black slaves that were free in Northern part of the USA but targets in the south? no tribe or ethnic group can and should be forced to stay within Nigeria.

The Vatican and Lesotho are two countries existing within independent countries- Italy and South Africa.

The English speaking Cameroonians chose to join Cameroon before our independence, no body forced them to remain in Nigeria.
Nigeria has even gone ahead to lose 'Bakassi' by legal means to Cameroon (even when it was alleged that the people wanted to remain in Nigeria).

My question is, do majority of Ibos want their own country- Biafra? if yes, let there be a referendum, let it be decided, let us rest this matter.

Most of the struggles in Nigeria are caused by the major tribes Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo who always want to assert themselves.
I've given up! i go to the North, they expect me to know Hausa and their culture. I go to the East there expect me to know Igbo and their custom, i go to the West they expect me to know Yoruba and their tradition!

like seriously

in as much as i am a proud Nigeria, i speak English when i go out cause everyone cannot speak my language nor can i speak theirs, that is why IBB's time made English lingual franca. Not because it is a superior language, it is not. But not everyone is quick to learn a new language and people go to certain places just for a while or out of condition- marriage, job, NYSC, business, trainings, posting and the likes.

I personally have had very bad experiences in North, South, East and West of Nigeria just because of 'where are you from' mentality, but i don't hate cause no one is perfect and everywhere\person has good and bad lurking. But i still love and believe in one Nigeria.

But we cannot force anyone, we should not.

For the Ibos in the house (since Ijaws, Efiks and Ibibios and others say they won't join Biafra) click like if you want Biafra.
For other tribes in the house click share if you want Ibos to have their Biafra.

let the referendum start here cheesy

God bless everyone, love to you

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
undecided
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by seedgreen(m): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
Following
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
yes

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by nigerdeltaa1: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
Radio Biafra broadcasted on short wave band in 2009 and could be received on transistor radio in Europe, America and all over the world. The governments of the world didn't term her illegal, pirate, seditious. These countries didn't give radio Biafra license to broadcast in their countries. So why must nigeria demand that it should be licensed before broadcasting in nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by AshiwajuFoward: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
No amount of Nairaland or Facebook referendum will have any substantial impact until the SE lawmakers and elite become vocal about their support for this Biafra enterprise. I am curious as to why the SE elite are quiet about this? They can at least match Kanu's noise till they get their desired referrendum and give their agitation some real teeth, rather making noise all over the Radio and Facebook.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by EasternLion: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
No amount of Nairaland or Facebook referendum will have any substantial impact until the SE lawmakers and elite become vocal about their support for this Biafra enterprise. I am curious as to why the SE elite are quiet about this? They can at least match Kanu's noise till they get their desired referrendum and give their dagitation some real teeth, rather making noise all over the Radio and Facebook.

Oduduwa group are meeting to demand support for Referendum, go and advice them.

Eyes, speck, log, wood.

Hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by AshiwajuFoward: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
EasternLion:

Oduduwa group are meeting to demand support for Referendum, go and advice them.

Eyes, speck, log, wood.

Hypocrisy.

Lol. Onyeara! Have you seen any Yoruba person even here on NL promoting the so-called Facebook group you referred to? Na una dey promote am coz of your by-force by fire attache agenda. Who knows whether no be one of una sef dey behind am.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by pus96: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
You make people laugh, Is it possible that the 5 south east state become a country.

The whole land space of the south east is just 29,000 sqkm.

US - Mexico border

[img]http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/06/54cfcd646fc20_-_border_tech_01_0810-lg.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by carnegiefan: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
No amount of Nairaland or Facebook referendum will have any substantial impact until the SE lawmakers and elite become vocal about their support for this Biafra enterprise. I am curious as to why the SE elite are quiet about this? They can at least match Kanu's noise till they get their desired referrendum and give their agitation some real teeth, rather making noise all over the Radio and Facebook.

Don't worry, if I understand IPOB well, that is the next stage of the struggle. Every political position in Biafraland (not SE) will be systematically taken over one by one by a pro-Biafran.
If you don't support Biafra you will lose the election no matter how much you spend.
That is the next phase.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by PedroJP(m): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Many would want Nigeria to go back to the former decentralised system of govt.referendum for secession will be perfect too. If not, maybe chaos should bring an end to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by fulanimafia: 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Lol. Onyeara! Have you seen any Yoruba person even here on NL promoting the so-called Facebook group you referred to? Na una dey promote am coz of your by-force by fire attache agenda. Who knows whether no be one of una sef dey behind am.

It sucks to be ibo.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by AshiwajuFoward: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
carnegiefan:

Don't worry, if I understand IPOB well, that is the next stage of the struggle. Every political position in Biafraland (not SE) will be systematically taken over one by one by a pro-Biafran.
If you don't support Biafra you will lose the election no matter how much you spend.
That is the next phase.

That's more like it. If that can be pulled off, then expect resounding success.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by wytecat: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yes!
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by carnegiefan: 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
fulanimafia:
It sucks to be ibo.

So this is what you have been panel-beaten into by die hard Biafrans. grin
A simple lowlife desperately clinging onto a people he hates so much. lmao

4 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by carnegiefan: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

That's more like it. If that can be pulled off, then expect resounding success.

It will happen. That is why MASSOB is dying, while IPOB is spreading like wildfire.
MASSOB is clueless, while IPOB is very real.
There will be a decisive march to Biafra led by IPOB. cool
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by fulanimafia: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
carnegiefan:

So this is what you have been panel-beaten into by die hard Biafrans. grin
A simple lowlife desperately clinging onto a people he hates so much. lmao

I feel your pain bro.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by IME1: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
pus96:
You make people laugh, Is it possible that the 5 south east state become a country.

The whole land space of the south east is just 29,000 sqkm.

US - Mexico border

[img]http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/06/54cfcd646fc20_-_border_tech_01_0810-lg.jpg[/img]

do you know how big the Vatican is?

it is not about size but peace!

if they continue their agitation, let us address it and move on

4 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by OfoIgbo: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
IME1:
Not too long ago UK had a referendum to know if the Scottish wanted to have their own Country independent of the UK, at the end they opted to stay within the UK.

Now in Nigeria some Ibos want to have their own country- Biafra.

Is it wrong for them to so demand? the idea of 'one indivisible entity...' bla bla is not slavery oh! if we say no part of Nigeria can break out because it will be treason or whatever terminology then what is the difference between black slaves that were free in Northern part of the USA but targets in the south? no tribe or ethnic group can and should be forced to stay within Nigeria.

The Vatican and Lesotho are two countries existing within independent countries- Italy and South Africa.

The English speaking Cameroonians chose to join Cameroon before our independence, no body forced them to remain in Nigeria.
Nigeria has even gone ahead to lose 'Bakassi' by legal means to Cameroon (even when it was alleged that the people wanted to remain in Nigeria).

My question is, do majority of Ibos want their own country- Biafra? if yes, let there be a referendum, let it be decided, let us rest this matter.

Most of the struggles in Nigeria are caused by the major tribes Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo who always want to assert themselves.
I've given up! i go to the North, they expect me to know Hausa and their culture. I go to the East there expect me to know Igbo and their custom, i go to the West they expect me to know Yoruba and their tradition!

like seriously

in as much as i am a proud Nigeria, i speak English when i go out cause everyone cannot speak my language nor can i speak theirs, that is why IBB's time made English lingual franca. Not because it is a superior language, it is not. But not everyone is quick to learn a new language and people go to certain places just for a while or out of condition- marriage, job, NYSC, business, trainings, posting and the likes.

I personally have had very bad experiences in North, South, East and West of Nigeria just because of 'where are you from' mentality, but i don't hate cause no one is perfect and everywhere\person has good and bad lurking. But i still love and believe in one Nigeria.

But we cannot force anyone, we should not.

For the Ibos in the house (since Ijaws, Efiks and Ibibios and others say they won't join Biafra) click like if you want Biafra.
For other tribes in the house click share if you want Ibos to have their Biafra.

let the referendum start here cheesy

God bless everyone, love to you

The way you Yorubas are trying your utmost best to disenfranchise SS people. Don't you think the said referendum will be used to ascertain where the SS stands with regards to Biafra.

The level you guys have sunk to, just to subdue the SS voice is really frightening. Referendum is the best way to know where they stand.
Of course I know 28th March is a heavy load on SW minds because you all blew your chance of solidarising with your fellow southerners, however you don't correct your first error by committing a greater offence of wicked and willful disenfranchisement of the SS.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Intrepid01(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
Referendum ko Referendum ni!!!
Nobody is going anywhere, we are all sticking together by fire by force.
This is a marriage of no option, it must to work or we all stay and suffer the consequence. As for those imposters saying Yorubas want to secede too, NA LIE. Its a camouflage, YORUBAS believe more in Nigeria than any other tribe. THEY ARE BUILDERS, THEY DONT DESTROY. Let those who feel they are slaves keep enduring or fight for change in Nigeria or else....
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
fulanimafia:

It sucks to be ibo.

it sucks to be **a'guay'** grin

following the rain up and down like ashawo.
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Duru1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
fulanimafia:

It sucks to be ibo.

It sucks more to be Fulani than to be your forbearers including the Daura Dumbass who fought a civil to keep Ndiigbo in the zoo called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by EasternLion: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Well I have lots of Pro-Oduduwa agitators I am following on twitter.

That u and ur fellow minions no dey talk about it, is becus u have been wired to believe in contraption called one Nigeria, creation of drunkard, named after ashawo gf

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Fulanimafia hw far...
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by EasternLion: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
fulanimafia:

It sucks to be ibo.

It sucks to be Fulani cattle rearer, nomadic waka-abouts.

From a place that has only sand and flies.

That few of u are privileged to maybe live life outside normadic settings, doesn't cancel the fact that someone like u should be holding a stick commanding and shouting at a herd of cattle, drinking raw fura and blood of cattle.
What will u even gain agitating for separation, undecided

The whole north will go on poverty over drive and settle to be mini Niger or Tchad Republic.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
EasternLion:

Well I have lots of Pro-Oduduwa agitators I am following on twitter.

That u and ur fellow minions no dey talk about it, is becus u have been wired to believe in contraption called one Nigeria, creation of drunkard, named after ashawo gf
I believe in One Nigeria, I believe dat the way things are going, very soon it would favour us.
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by fulanimafia: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
EasternLion:

It sucks to be Fulani cattle rearer, nomadic waka-abouts.

From a place that has only sand and flies.

Don't worry eh, don't mind that silly INEC for revealing your irrelevance.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by fulanimafia: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
lygn19:

I believe in One Nigeria, I believe dat the way things are going, very soon it would favour us.

You're receiving sense alone, share to your brothers.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Time shall tell.
Re: Should Nigeria Have A Referendum by EasternLion: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
lygn19:
Shachris, EasternLion, Cheruv, pazienza, and other well meaning igbos, whether pro biafra or against(igbos only, add me on bbm, it's on my profile, I want to show u ppl sth).
I want to show u, where Nigeria is heading to and how we d igbo's can turn things around for us.
GOWON.
Go On With One Nigeria.

U can achieve the same thing with Biafra as a sovereign nation.

Or like someone said here sometime ago, achieve it, then we will support u and see from ur end.

Else

We will stand our ground.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killer Governor: Udom Kill Dad For Stealing / Nigeria Is Doomed!!! Nigeria Is Finished!!! All Because Of Edodecide / Why Atiku, Tambuwal, Saraki, Others Must Sign Undertaking – PDP...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.