Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. (2231 Views)

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics / Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control / 10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by ForcefullBULL: 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b] The Igbo may never forget what happened to them and, indeed, should never forget. But it is past time for them to forgive. We are sorry This is one voice in the Nigerian wilderness saying to the Igbo from the depth of his heart: we are sorry. We are sorry for the way we mistreated you. We are sorry for the way we abused you. We are sorry for starving your children to death. We are sorry for killing your loved ones. We are sorry for stealing your properties. We are sorry for making you feel unwanted in your own country. Please forgive us. It is time to forgive us. It is way past time for the Igbo to forgive Nigerians. We beg you in the name of God. There was a civil war in the United States, but the defeated South rose from the ashes. Five of the last nine presidents of the United States have been from the South, including Jimmy Carter from Georgia, George Bush from Texas and Bill Clinton from Arkansas. The time is overdue for an Igbo president of Nigeria, but it is not going to happen as long as the Igbo continue to hold a grudge against Nigeria and Nigerians. There is no question about it: the Igbos cannot elect a president of Nigeria on their own. To do so, they have to join forces with others. They have to form alliances with people from other parts of Nigeria. That is not going to happen as long as the Igbo continue to bear a grudge against practically everybody else. The Igbo have a gripe against virtually all the people they need. They have this tendency to antagonise their possible alliance partners. They keep dredging up the past, refusing to let sleeping dogs lie. Until they drop these gripes, they are not likely to realise their dreams. Demonising Yorubas For example, the Igbo have this tendency to demonise the Yorubas. It is alarming when reading the Vanguard blogs today to see the animosity often expressed between Igbo and Yoruba contributors. The hatred is most unhealthy. Insults are traded with abandon. What is the point of this? For how long will the Igbo demand emotional retribution from every Yoruba for the betrayal of Awolowo? Most of the contributors were not even born when the civil- war took place more than a generation ago. There is now even transferred aggression against Babatunde Fashola, who made the blunder of repatriating some destitute Igbo from Lagos back to their home-states. The man has apologised for the infraction. He should be forgiven. Blunders are not the exclusive preserve of the non-Igbo. The Igbo have made more than a few themselves and will yet make others. Paradoxically, the redemption of the Igbos to prominent national office moved apace under President Obasanjo; a Yoruba man. Recognising that Igbos are some of the most seasoned, competent and experienced public-servants, Obasanjo relied heavily on their expertise. Thanks to him, we got Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala at Finance, Charles Soludo at Central Bank, Obiageli Ezekwesili at Education, Ndidi Okereke at the Stock Exchange, and Dora Akunyili at NAFDAC. Indeed, Igbo statesmen came into more prominence under Obasanjo than did Yoruba statesmen. But for some strange reason, this does not seem to have succeeded in assuaging the ill-feeling of the Igbos toward the Yorubas. Bad politicians Within the framework of Nigerian politics, the Igbo also have a fundamental problem. Out of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, the Igbo have by far the worst politicians. They have no recognizable leaders, and have no discernible strategy as to how to negotiate power at the centre. As a result, the Igbo have tended to be short-changed at the federal level. Traditionally, the inconsequential ministries, such as the Ministry of Information, have been zoned to them. The Igbo need to work out a plan that will take them to Aso Rock. First, they need to choose and groom a de-tribalised leader of the Azikiwe mould who can be sold to non-Igbos. Then, they need to give him undiluted support. At the moment the internal politics of the Igbo militates against this. The Igbo seem to hate themselves as much as they hate others. They seem to fight themselves with as much venom as they fight others. Every potential Igbo leader seems to have more enemies within than without. This must not be allowed to continue. The Igbo need to help themselves in order that their friends can help them[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by EasternLion: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
They keep dredging up the past, refusing to let sleeping dogs lie. Until they drop these gripes, they are not likely to realise their dreams. Demonising Yorubas For example, the Igbo have this tendency to demonise the Yorubas. It is alarming when reading the Vanguard blogs today to see the animosity often expressed between Igbo and Yoruba contributors. The hatred is most unhealthy. Insults are traded with abandon. What is the point of this? For how long will the Igbo demand emotional retribution from every Yoruba for the betrayal of Awolowo? Most of the contributors were not even born when the civil- war took place more than a generation ago.

Do you see that this so called fake "oneness in diversity" and unity hasn't worked?

Good!

Biafra or death angry angry angry angry angry angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by ebbybest(f): 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
OP i support ur motion

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Macelliot(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
I'm Igbo.. I will no longer criticize Buhari...
The more we divide, the more the American govt. rejoice....

Let the "black men" unite and free themselves from the suppression of the white men...

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by salisy: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pure truth

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Macelliot(m): 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
America aids the ignorant muslims who calls themselves boko haram to cause mayhem in Nigeria...
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Macelliot(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
America will promise you economic boom if you do as they wish and threaten you if you do otherwise.....
Ironically, China is no friend to America, BUT China is the most Economic/developed country in the world...
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by yang(m): 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Another idiot from the sophisticated damnantion calling for One zoo.

Marriage is not by force.

People reserve their right to self-determination.

The zoo is an expired entity.

Your best choice is to start thinking about leaving a society in the future which your children will look at and say, yes, our grand-father fought for our freedom

senseless stealing of common wealth in the zoo will never happen in Biafra

The communities will get 100% of the God given wealth in their Land.

How can a baboon for Yobe take money from Mbiama and steal it to keep for his unborn children in switzerland and you come here and say it is One zoo.

If you keep supporting the Murder of Biafrans and the rape of their resources, you my friend are a criminal

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Harryzon(m): 10:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
So much hatred in this country. I feard the day i overheard igbo man talking about the civil war and what he could do if he eventually becomes the president. The pains and anger is growing outa control @ op, i dont think a little writeup can heal dis
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Babatundetinubu: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Macelliot:

Let the "black men" unite and free themselves from the suppression of the white men...

Liar...liar.....u are a born tribalist....u can't help ur self...go and die....biafraudian... wink

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by JuicyTesticles: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
yoruba, una no dey tire for biafra news?
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by ezeagu(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
Why drag out a 50 100 year failure, let's try something new. Sovereignty does not equal hate. In the Scottish referendum some English people were even willing to help Scotland go because they saw them as dragging them back. It's enough, too many Igbo people have died with apologies or no apologies.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Babatundetinubu: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
We must kick the iboes out..... sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Ratebuster(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
which major political party can agree to present an Igbo Presidential candidate
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Dmouthed(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

Just try and think first b4 u comment!

I know ur brain is so stiff but just try and digest b4 comment give urself some time if ur brain is so slow.

The OP has a purpose b4 taking time to write this and I don't think this is good for ur kind of dull and stiff brain!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by EasternLion: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

Yah, we need more of your type sir, cone head inc.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Babatundetinubu: 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dmouthed:

Just try and think first b4 u comment!

I know ur brain is so stiff but just try and digest b4 comment give urself some time if ur brain is so slow.

The OP has a purpose b4 taking time to write this and I don't think this is good for ur kind of dull and stiff brain!

I am not one of those Yorubas.....that can trust iboes.....their heart is full of wickedness..evil..mischief....Biafraudian must come...by thunder....or by fire.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Macelliot(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

Liar...liar.....u are a born tribalist....u can't help ur self...go and die....biafraudian... wink
Ignorant Negro...
Free your mind!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Babatundetinubu: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
Macelliot:

Ignorant Negro...
Free your mind!

We will never forget what u did..........these brutes cannot be trusted......your 1966 tribal coup remains long in the memory... sad
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Dmouthed(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

I am not one of those Yorubas.....that can trust iboes.....their heart is full of wickedness..evil..mischief....Biafraudian must come...by thunder....or by fire.... angry

Your type can't even fight for your family (wife n children) much more a community.

Just like I said sit back and think b4 you post.

Only thinker should be awake by this time u need go2bed! Unless u promise to think b4 talking in anger.

Just think first!
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Macelliot(m): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

We will never forget what u did..........these brutes cannot be trusted......your 1966 tribal coup remains long in the memory... sad
That's your head-ache..

I forgive you...
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Babatundetinubu: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Macelliot:

That's your head-ache..

I forgive you...

Forgive ur self first......We all know u have different monikers....under which you attack everyone....I will never trust an iboe...sorry but it's how I chose to live my life.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by kahara(m): 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
ForcefullBULL:

@Forcefullbull,I was reading u with such a rapt attention. I freely let myself to absorb the outpouring of a seemingly genuine emotion dt ur writeup invokes. Unfortunately,howeva,u derailed, as I had feared, like a trail almost immediately I began to enjoy d ride.

You blundered big big time when u said "the Igbo have d worst politicians in the country." My dear how did u com about dat? What was d yardstick u used to determine n arrive at dat conclusion?

When u said for example, that d Igbo hav d WORST politicians. It therefore means dt the Yoruba n Hausa/fulani each share from d lot of being BAD n WORSE. If dt is d case, then,that means there are no good politicians in Nigeria. That wt u hav said n not me saying it. Or are u implying dat the Igbo hav d BAD,d WORSE, n d WORST politicians ? Does it make sense?

You also made d blunder by calling the Igbo d worst enemy of himself. The evidence u adduced was so infantile. Even two brodas do disagree let alone a group of people united by primordial sentiments. If the Igbo cannot boast of leaders like Tinubu n co. We ain't bothered cos we hav all seen how he's leading his people and d massive support he enjoys!

The type of a leader the Igbo need is nt d type dt leads to Abuja. Wat we need is a leader dat must lead us from Abuja across d River Niger unto d promised Biafran land.

Thank u Op fr ur apologies. Unfortunately,its uncalled for. What we need is nt apology but freedom n freedom only.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by OfBiafra: 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
In summary the post subscribes to the notion that Igbo's are their own worse enemy.

In anyevent it is no longer necessary to win points on the rights and wrongs of our shared history. We Biafran's are disgruntled and want out. I'm sure all the advantages of sophistry can be well enjoyed by our Nigerian neighbours.

We Biafran's will end this shameful union. It is a relic of colonisation and it is not working for us.

OfBiafra

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by pazienza(m): 12:34am On Jul 23, 2015
Same trash coming from Yorubas. https://www.nairaland.com/2402932/yoruba-political-sophistication-hoax

This myth of Yorubas knowing how to negotiate power from the centre better than Ndiigbo is becoming stale and need to be dispelled before they start taking root in the minds of naive Igbos, especially those "my papa say I be ibo" people, aka " Igbo lagosians".

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by amaben2020(m): 1:50am On Jul 23, 2015
ForcefullBULL:

You are a bastard, I'm sure you're a yellowbar, animals, foolish cowards
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by amaben2020(m): 1:54am On Jul 23, 2015
Babatundetinubu:
You and your family and generations to come would be kicked out, your family and tribe are well known for their cowardice, I would rather fight than cry like the yellowbars. You have the record for producing the only 2 generals that cried on TV_ Lt Gen Oladipupo Diya, Brigadier General Babafemi Ogundipe, cowards
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by amaben2020(m): 2:07am On Jul 23, 2015
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by c33b33(m): 2:15am On Jul 23, 2015
Macelliot:

But it is the white man that forced you together with someone with different culture, religion and lifestyle.
The more you force unity,the more the British loot..
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Fleshly: 3:02am On Jul 23, 2015
Macelliot:

I doubt if you Igbo, because you should have known that the Americas have their agents in the north (fulanis) and they have been the major drawbacks this country is suffering.
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Fleshly: 3:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

That's why you are a senseless son of a bitch.
Momma born throway!
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Fleshly: 3:04am On Jul 23, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

Its your shithole mother that will go and die!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Information!! . How To Identify Fake Policemen At A Glance . / Photos: Boko Haram Suspects Tortured By Civilian JTF In Borno /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.