Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,125 members, 7,860,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. (2261 Views)

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics / Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control / 10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Change2015(m): 4:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Macelliot:
America aids the ignorant muslims who calls themselves boko haram to cause mayhem in Nigeria...

And who sponsors your ignorance?
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by Change2015(m): 4:31am On Jul 23, 2015
kahara:

@Forcefullbull,I was reading u with such a rapt attention. I freely let myself to absorb the outpouring of a seemingly genuine emotion dt ur writeup invokes. Unfortunately,howeva,u derailed, as I had feared, like a trail almost immediately I began to enjoy d ride.

You blundered big big time when u said "the Igbo have d worst politicians in the country." My dear how did u com about dat? What was d yardstick u used to determine n arrive at dat conclusion?

When u said for example, that d Igbo hav d WORST politicians. It therefore means dt the Yoruba n Hausa/fulani each share from d lot of being BAD n WORSE. If dt is d case, then,that means there are no good politicians in Nigeria. That wt u hav said n not me saying it. Or are u implying dat the Igbo hav d BAD,d WORSE, n d WORST politicians ? Does it make sense?

You also made d blunder by calling the Igbo d worst enemy of himself. The evidence u adduced was so infantile. Even two brodas do disagree let alone a group of people united by primordial sentiments. If the Igbo cannot boast of leaders like Tinubu n co. We ain't bothered cos we hav all seen how he's leading his people and d massive support he enjoys!

The type of a leader the Igbo need is nt d type dt leads to Abuja. Wat we need is a leader dat must lead us from Abuja across d River Niger unto d promised Biafran land.

Thank u Op fr ur apologies. Unfortunately,its uncalled for. What we need is nt apology but freedom n freedom only.

The quality of your response, it's childishness and lack of intelligence is just shameful. If you don't understand his point, ask questions and don't respond until you know you have understood what was being discussed!
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by zendy: 6:02am On Jul 23, 2015
There is no going back on Igbo sovreignty. We Igbos are are a tribe of 35 to 50 million people. Ghana is just a country of 28 million. Why should I as an Igbo man still be in Nigeria looking at the face of a Yoruba or Hausa man? I deserve my own indepedent country and the right to administer my own affairs. A Hausa man has no business being the president of an Igbo man. If anybody should be the president of an Igbo man, it should be an Ijaw, Ibibio, Ogonis etc who closest to Igbos in terms of proximity and culture. Nothing will ever change the fact that Nigeria is a fraud and a referendum will be conducted to decide its future

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by disumusa: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2015
EasternLion:

Do you see that this so called fake "oneness in diversity" and unity hasn't worked?

Good!

Biafra or death angry angry angry angry angry angry
ibo refuse to accept defit, rather hiden under mechanical defence by calling awolowo name.

1) they refuse to understand that in any goverment three post are most mention president,finance minister, accountant general.

2) if ojuku is a serious person he will not war for 2 years and cowadly runaway he will fight till last person. We know some country that has been on war for more than 20 yrs
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by disumusa: 7:48am On Jul 23, 2015
Ratebuster:
which major political party can agree to present an Igbo Presidential candidate
the fact is that any party that present ibo as candidate has failled b/4 the election. Ibo in 2015 election use their action,mouth, inaction,money to creat hatered for them self. Its very cleare now that ordinary yoruba goat and hausa cow will not vote for ibo talkles human being.
Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by EasternLion: 8:20am On Jul 23, 2015
disumusa:
ibo refuse to accept defit, rather hiden under mechanical defence by calling awolowo name.

1) they refuse to understand that in any goverment three post are most mention president,finance minister, accountant general.

2) if ojuku is a serious person he will not war for 2 years and cowadly runaway he will fight till last person. We know some country that has been on war for more than 20 yrs

You are a tad-pole.
Go and Die.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Read This Excerpt. by ruffhandu: 8:36am On Jul 23, 2015
The Op is tendering apologies, and at the same time justifying the oppression, hate and bigotry against the same people; that's not honourable if I must say.

He acknowledged the negative vices against the people. Instead of making an attempt at advising the responsible parties, which include his people, to stop, he is only interested in advising the oppressed to be more tolerant to oppression in order to remain obedient and non trouble-causing slaves.

He was quick to distance himself from the actions of Awolowo and Fashola, yet he acknowledged the hate the tribesmen of those spew out against the Igbos online, even though he was quick to adduce that the Igbos are also culpable, or the initiators.

Had the Yorubas protested against the actions of their past leaders, like Wole Soyinka did, even through the war, I would have exonerated them from the genocidal tendencies alive in them.

He used American war for comparison, but he should understand the homogeneity that exists there compared to what is obtainable here. He should have compared the American case to Lagos and Ogun trying to break free from Oduduwa land, not this.

In summary, the Op said: Igbos should accept and forget the past and turn a new leaf, they need to be better slaves.

But my input is this: Have the aggressors stopped their aggressions to merit forgiveness? If the answer is no, which it obviously is, it means you simply hold the same view as Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Fashola and their likes- you hate the Igbos with passion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Proposed Constitional Provisions / APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode / This Is Bombshell ( Screen Shots ) This Lady Never Expected Such Epic Response

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.