Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents (32133 Views)

JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities / FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here / Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by FORUMgod: 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said that the national cut off point for screening of candidates for admission remained the minimum expectation that each candidate desirous of university admission should have. This is contained in a statement issued by the Public Relations Officer of the board, Dr Fabian Benjamin, made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Lagos.

According to the statement, the attention of the board has been drawn to the challenge experienced by some candidates who could not access the University of Lagos site to register for the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The statement said that the board sincerely sympathised with their frustration.

“We want to seize this opportunity to state that our attention has been drawn to the agitation by some parents and students who turned out for the registration for the post JAMB screening exercise for the candidates. “We sympathise with them but wish to state categorically that the national cut off point is just the minimum expectation that each candidate desirous of university admission should have.

“However, universities are at liberty to go higher than 180, depending on their peculiarities and the performance of candidates who chose them.
“For instance, if over 10,000 candidates who made Unilag their first choice scored 250 and above, it will be difficult for them to go lower than 250 when they are to admit only about 7000.

“I wish to state that a time will come when some universities will go up to 300 as their cut off mark, depending on the performance,’’ the statement said.

It explained that because of the development, the board decided that some of the candidates who chose such institutions but fall below their cut off marks should not miss out, hence the need to send them to other schools.

The statement added that such a gesture should rather be applauded, instead of condemning the Dibu Ojerinde-led JAMB management.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-to-protesting-candidates-parents/#sthash.2HpVcE6f.dpuf

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Mancity26(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
Wetin concern me with Jamb? Open University all the way! Terry G wrote Jamb? Abi he no graduate? #funnynation

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by FORUMgod: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jamb and their yeye talk self

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by nicerichard05: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ok o.. Anyway today is my Birthday can i get 1000like

140 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Jamexjulius(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
J
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by ddugeri(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
_
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
Following
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by BE811APP: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
I truly want to dash dis my land..
So that someone can make an important comment!!!
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by ultrazone2(m): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
r44rf
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by mytime24(f): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
M
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
.'-)(";:/?!,.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Mancity26:
Wetin concern me with Jamb? Open University all the way! Terry G wrote Jamb? Abi he no graduate? #funnynation
WE know una type...

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by bunmioguns(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
cool

18 Likes

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by steppin: 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Mancity26:
Keep deceiving yourself!

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by babyest22(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
JAMB....................HMMMMMM
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by NifemiOlu(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Alo
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by 3pleo: 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by sleepking(m): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jamb stories will never end. Next they will say no more post ume

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by olahero(m): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ok
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
. Jamb jamming Nigerian Youths since 2001

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Pelummy(f): 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
steppin:

Keep deceiving yourself!
Then help him out undecided

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by pinpinkay: 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by DBOSS123: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
smileyLets see hw it goes
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by thefakestan: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
This is to INTROVERT heard u are a Jambite.

If so I wish u all the best.

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by segunotiti(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
how foolish those who protested on national television will feel after reading this
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by shadelek(m): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2015
We keep talking about being educated at all time. Many graduates are out there in search for job but cant get one and yet, our universities keep producing more graduates every year. I think technical education should be encouraged, maybe this may constitute to solve this problem of unemployment in the country.

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by free2ryhme: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
grin grin

Our university are too crowded, why not break down the depart and spread it around part of the state..... the ideal of Thousands running to one university when we have others will stop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by dedons: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
Berem and Omenka,please take note and prepare well for your jamb exam.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by idbami2(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
This is smthng we all knw.. Why the protestss?
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by CoolO: 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
only in nigeria the rules of a game is change at the middle

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by sidneyj(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
Story for the gods. Must it take effect now. Why can't they wait for next section. Corruption is speaking

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by fairheven: 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
Mancity26:

o yes ! TERRY G graduated with first class in "WEEDing-cology and AKPAKO-ration"

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab / 'You Want To Fight, I Will Give You Fight'- Fearless Boy Stands Up To Bully / Sylvester Oromoni Was Told To Describe His Sister’s Private Part - Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.