Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,936 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City (4618 Views)

Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill / Stay Away From Our State – Enugu Government Warns MASSOB, IPOB / Demon Is Occupying Enugu Government House – Archbishop Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Ezenwenyi(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2009
ENUGU GOVERNMENT IS TURNING ENUGU INTO A NEW GENERATION CITY.

The Governor of Enugu state seems to be the best working governor in Nigeria,already in the history of Enugu state,he is the best Governor Enugu had ever had.If the last time you visited Enugu state was in early 2008,then you need to visit the new Enugu state,Governor Sullivan Chime has practically turned Enugu state to what i may end up calling "Enu-london",ranging from the construction of almost all the roads that i know since my five years of stay in Enugu as a Student of Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, to providing a free wireless internet services to the good inhabitants of Enugu state,hence i may end up calling the governor "The peoples service provider(PSP)."Indeed the Governor is doing well and he is still doing more.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by asha80(m): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2009
Na lie.Prove me wrong angry
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2009
Ezenwenyi:

ENUGU GOVERNMENT IS TURNING ENUGU INTO A NEW GENERATION CITY.

The Governor of Enugu state seems to be the best working governor in Nigeria,already in the history of Enugu state,he is the best Governor Enugu had ever had.If the last time you visited Enugu state was in early 2008,then you need to visit the new Enugu state,Governor Sullivan Chime has practically turned Enugu state to what i may end up calling "Enu-london",ranging from the construction of almost all the roads that i know since my five years of stay in Enugu as a Student of Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, to providing a free wireless internet services to the good inhabitants of Enugu state,hence i may end up calling the governor "The peoples service provider(PSP)."Indeed the Governor is doing well and he is still doing more.

But @Poster, it was Zinox that signed the deal to provide ISP to all people AT NO COST, what part did the Enugu government Actually play in the deal, I mean apart from signing to allow Zinox the deal?
About the roads, well, I guess it all depends on when you landed in Enugu as the last time I was there( I had friends up there ) the roads were ok but not praiseworthy considering over 13 years ago, the same roads were better.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by agabaI23(m): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2009
I was in Enugu in December and the roads were still bad. I passed through Okpara avenue and Ogui road.

Are you from Nkanu? You may be happy you have free wireless
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by balo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2009
Hi everyone. if u need information on web design, go to www.webdesignsteps..com and u will get what u need.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by chykeo(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2009
I lived in Enugu all my life before moving. I was in Enugu again in April/May 2008 and came back again in October 2008 till January after Xmas. Enugu state governor, Sullivan Chime is a real gift from God. The poster is right. 80% of all the roads in Enugu metropolis were scraped off and rebuilt from scratch. I heard he even gets a 30 years guaranty from the contractors. And the good thing too is the solidity of the roads. Along ogui road is about 12inches from ground.

Inside Abakpa which has been neglected for long, the man did all the roads. There is pipe borne water now. Infact THANK GOD FOR THE GIFT OF SULLIVAN.

I am from anambra State. I think Peter Obi is the worst governor in the country. Anambrarians suffered a lot during the months preceding Xmas. The road from Head bridge to Awka is so bad that motorists stayed in traffic for endless hours. And no time will you pass there without having to go work on your exhaust pipe thereafter. Granted it is a federal road, but he should have sensed the priority and importance of that road to Anambrarians. Afterall, Ngige did some federal roads with Anambra state money and the federal govt. reimbursed it in Peter Obi's time. The man only provides computers to secondary schools oin remote villages who dont have constant power supply to use it. Recently in counting Peter Obi's achievements, he said he constructed the Onitsha stock exchange; will that building in GRA along 33/Nkwelle Otuocha road worth 40milion naira? That is Peter Obi's achievement. Building a house! There are other houses he built in Awka and called them achievements! Haba ! The man is only dumping Anambra money in banks! Did you not hear that when he was impeached that he left 33billion naira of Anambra money lying idle in banks? Virgy Etiaba came in and after 3 months before Peter Obi came back the money is gone. Now Virgy Etiaba's son Emeka just flagged off his campaign for anambra governorship race. Where do you folks think he got money.

Atleast Peter Obi built a house for Anambra state. Achike Udenwa in enumerating his achievements in 100 days in office said that he single handedly brought MrBiggs to Owerri. U see the kind governors wey we dey get.

Abeg THANK GOD FOR THE GIFT OF SULLIVAN. The only state governor in Nigeria yet to embark on a foreign trip
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2009
chykeo:

I lived in Enugu all my life before moving. I was in Enugu again in April/May 2008 and came back again in October 2008 till January after Xmas. Enugu state governor, Sullivan Chime is a real gift from God. The poster is right. 80% of all the roads in Enugu metropolis were scraped off and rebuilt from scratch. I heard he even gets a 30 years guaranty from the contractors. And the good thing too is the solidity of the roads. Along ogui road is about 12inches from ground.

Inside Abakpa which has been neglected for long, the man did all the roads. There is pipe borne water now. Infact THANK GOD FOR THE GIFT OF SULLIVAN.

I am from anambra State. I think Peter Obi is the worst governor in the country. Anambrarians suffered a lot during the months preceding Xmas. The road from Head bridge to Awka is so bad that motorists stayed in traffic for endless hours. And no time will you pass there without having to go work on your exhaust pipe thereafter. Granted it is a federal road, but he should have sensed the priority and importance of that road to Anambrarians. Afterall, Ngige did some federal roads with Anambra state money and the federal govt. reimbursed it in Peter Obi's time. The man only provides computers to secondary schools oin remote villages who dont have constant power supply to use it.  Recently in counting Peter Obi's achievements, he said he constructed the Onitsha stock exchange; will that building in GRA along 33/Nkwelle Otuocha road worth 40milion naira? That is Peter Obi's achievement. Building a house! There are other houses he built in Awka and called them achievements! Haba ! The man is only dumping Anambra money in banks! Did you not hear that when he was impeached that he left 33billion naira of Anambra money lying idle in banks? Virgy Etiaba came in and after 3 months before Peter Obi came back the money is gone. Now Virgy Etiaba's son Emeka just flagged off his campaign for anambra governorship race. Where do you folks think he got money.

Atleast Peter Obi built a house for Anambra state. Achike Udenwa in enumerating his achievements in 100 days in office said that he single handedly brought MrBiggs to Owerri. U see the kind governors wey we dey get.

Abeg THANK GOD FOR THE GIFT OF SULLIVAN. The only state governor in Nigeria yet to embark on a foreign trip

What the heck are you talking about

@topic

Is this suppose to be another version of Fashola working or another version of fashola's media hype? tongue
Just curious as I will want the poster to really throw more light on Chime's achievements aside from roads construction?
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Ezenwenyi(m): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
Fellow Nigerians
Anyone who has been in Enugu from 2007 till date that does not appreciate the rapid development in Enugu state is either blind,stupid,ungrateful,living in remote hamlet,or possibly a big Fool.Please no hard feelings,but this is the best way i think i should reply.Weather it was Zinox that came to Enugu government or not,the facts remains that Barr.Sullivan played a role,for God's sake signing it alone is a big work.Just incase you have not heard , google is planing to give the entire Abuja free wireless internet services,and the Federal government must first approve it,so on a good day If Yar'adua says No,then google has no other option than to look for another african country to render their services to.Let's try and appreciate the working governors like Barr.Sullivan and Barr Fashola.Unlike my state governor Mr Peter Obi who has practically done nothing,but thank God that the election is around the corner,just next year anambra people will come out in multitudes to vote for the right candidate either Sen.Ukachukwu or Ngige or any other credible politician but not the likes of Peter Obi,Emeka Etiaba, etc
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by angel01: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2009
Was in Enugu in August last year. A lot of roads were being fixed then but the contractors were rather slow.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by asha80(m): 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
Ezenwenyi:

Fellow Nigerians
Anyone who has been in Enugu from 2007 till date that does not appreciate the rapid development in Enugu state is either blind,stupid,ungrateful,living in remote hamlet,or possibly a big Fool.Please no hard feelings,but this is the best way i think i should reply.Weather it was Zinox that came to Enugu government or not,the facts remains that Barr.Sullivan played a role,for God's sake signing it alone is a big work.Just incase you have not heard , google is planing to give the entire Abuja free wireless internet services,and the Federal government must first approve it,so on a good day If Yar'adua says No,then google has no other option than to look for another african country to render their services to.Let's try and appreciate the working governors like Barr.Sullivan and Barr Fashola.Unlike my state governor Mr Peter Obi who has practically done nothing,but thank God that the election is around the corner,just next year anambra people will come out in multitudes to vote for the right candidate either Sen.Ukachukwu or Ngige or any other credible politician but not the likes of Peter Obi,Emeka Etiaba, etc

Nna na wa for you grin
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by desgiezd(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2009
Here's a story from nigeriavillagesquare.com

Enugu’s Radical Transformation Puts A Lie To “lack Of Funds” Excuse. PDF Print E-mail
Written by[b] ilobi austin [/b]
Wednesday, 29 April 2009

I was satisfyingly surprised very recently when I returned to the coal city of Enugu, after months of leaving, having completed my schoolwork at the University of Nigeria, Enugu campus. My surprises stemmed entirely from the magnitude of positive transformation which had been wrought on the entire landscape in those intervening period by the new leadership in the state.

From the former “bush path” entrance into the city at the new market area which had now been transformed into one of the most modern drive way in Nigeria to almost all the nooks and crannies of the city where one visited or had reasons to pass, there was noticeable reconstruction or construction activity going on. The urban renewal that one saw was total. Streets which one never imagined would ever receive the attention of any government for “ lack of Funds” were been attended to by not just any construction firm but reputable giants like Setraco, Arab contractors, Masters Holdings and other like firms.

The questions that kept agitating the mind upon this discovery was this: where exactly was the government getting all the funds with which it was carrying out all such quality jobs at such an extensive scale? And why is the government not advertising these verifiable achievements beyond the state like it used to be in the recent past? While I could not answer the former, the latter was taken to mean one thing, Modesty and awareness of the fact that it was only working to meet its statutory duties to the entire populace!

One important fact of the Enugu transformation was that, it had put a lie to the common reasons always cited by governments at all levels, for non performance—funding. And that neither lack of it nor plans, was the bane of successive administrations attempts at development but a total absence a ruthless determination to say, no, to the temptations, to misappropriate public funds.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/ilobi-austin/enugu-s-radical-transformation-puts-a-lie-to-lack-of-funds-ex.html
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by romeo(m): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

But @Poster, it was Zinox that signed the deal to provide ISP to all people AT NO COST, what part did the Enugu government Actually play in the deal, I mean apart from signing to allow Zinox the deal?
About the roads, well, I guess it all depends on when you landed in Enugu as the last time I was there( I had friends up there ) the roads were ok but not praiseworthy considering over 13 years ago, the same roads were better.

Don't say what you don't have a clue of. I am from Enugu city, the roads 13 years ago was rubbish. I was home recently and the OP is correct.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2009
romeo:

Don't say what you don't have a clue of. I am from Enugu city, the roads 13 years ago was rubbish. I was home recently and the OP is correct.

Actually, the roads in Enugu were good 13 years ago. Unless you can prove me wrong, maybe you should focus on posting your own view rather than trying to counter what you are not sure of or cannot prove. I happen to have been in Enugu 13 years ago and remember quite well how much cleaner and better the roads were, compared to my home in lagos. Can you prove me wrong? Feel free to offer up proof!
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by romeo(m): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Actually, the roads in Enugu were good 13 years ago. Unless you can prove me wrong, maybe you should focus on posting your own view rather than trying to counter what you are not sure of or cannot prove. I happen to have been in Enugu 13 years ago and remember quite well how much cleaner and better the roads were, compared to my home in lagos. Can you prove me wrong? Feel free to offer up proof!

Do you even know where Enugu is? Enugu has very good road network compared to many cities in Nigeria but the roads were badly out of shape for over 15-18 years until now. where did you visit in Enugu? have u been to the inner parts of the city? The streets of Uwani were so bad, the Enugu prison/ogbete main market axis were equally bad, Abakpa area too, not to talk of Obiagu area.

GRA was ok, Independence Layout area ok too, 82 div road ok too Polo park which was in the middle of GRA and 82 Div can not be bad . (homes of the wealthy are all located there)

I was born and bred at Enugu and i left that city 10 years ago this year
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by mustafar1: 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2009
hmmmmmmm grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by ikeyman00(m): 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2009
hmmm where gbatti people de self shocked grin

omo nna kick well well for enugu state

1 niger !!of cuz!!
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by debosky(m): 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2009
Enugu again? grin

I still haven't recovered from the Ebeano lies about Loma Linda, tunnel, ESUT medical complex, roads and 'to God be the glory' adverts.

Una don dey fabricate another set of lies? Odikwaegwu! grin
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by debosky(m): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

An aside but I could not resist. grin

What proof have you provided apart from your own personal experience that we should believe your account that the road were 'good' 13 years ago when you have not been there recently?

Romeo nwa mama probably was there 13 years ago and can testify to the roads being better now and 'rubbish' 13 years ago.

While Romeo has 'then and now' experience, all you have is 'then' and 'when you had friends there' On that basis, I believe Romeo. grin
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by blacksta(m): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2009
ikey - what is your problem

if their is anybody that has a problem with tribes in Nigeria  - it is you  -

can you please state your or igbo demands
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by ikeyman00(m): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2009
^^^^

keep tryin, but guess what try harder, u ve doin it all over the place, i think the nigerians readin can see so

no time for koni koni oooo

cool
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by blacksta(m): 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2009
i only asked a very simple question ?

- i will ask again - " who does your blood boils when you here the term igbo"

please what are your demands cause you are holding us the yoruba's hostage
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by ikeyman00(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2009
^^^^^^^

ahah now u are talkin; i knew from the start wetin de pain u, na u are lettein it out!!

well dnt know what to say

but all i can say its nna mennh lagos and enugu nigerians get am abuja nko

shikena
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by blacksta(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by ikeyman00(m): 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2009
shocked
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On May 01, 2009
Romeo, when I was in Enugu 13 years ago, the roads were good. Compared to every other city I had been to, in Nigeria at the time, the roads were good. I had plans to move out there since I had family members there already in business and doing well. I spent the better part of a month driving back and forth from one market to the other to visit old pals and acquaintances and I was impressed with the condition of the roads at the time. Drive time was not as terrible as I had expected, considering I had come to expect that to get from point A to B in most cities, one has to budget at least an hour or more, and this is just a couple of miles distance.

If you cannot understand how my statement can be as valid and how you cannot really dispute it, I say you believe what you want, since this is not a war, just me posting of my personal experience in Enugu back 13 years ago. lol
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by romeo(m): 4:27pm On May 01, 2009
debosky:

Enugu again? grin

I still haven't recovered from the Ebeano lies about Loma Linda, tunnel, ESUT medical complex, roads and 'to God be the glory' adverts.

Una don dey fabricate another set of lies? Odikwaegwu! grin

Debo that Ebeano Tunnel na another thing!! I nearly cried when i drove past the tunnel after all the OBJ-Chimaroke media hype. An unnecessary idiotic white elephant project, and it's not even a tunnel lol.

Kobojunkie:

Romeo, when I was in Enugu 13 years ago, the roads were good. Compared to every other city I had been to, in Nigeria at the time, the roads were good. I had plans to move out there since I had family members there already in business and doing well. I spent the better part of a month driving back and forth from one market to the other to visit old pals and acquaintances and I was impressed with the condition of the roads at the time. Drive time was not as terrible as I had expected, considering I had come to expect that to get from point A to B in most cities, one has to budget at least an hour or more, and this is just a couple of miles distance.

If you cannot understand how my statement can be as valid and how you cannot really dispute it, I say you believe what you want, since this is not a war, just me posting of my personal experience in Enugu back 13 years ago. lol

Well your one week personal experience is not enough to make sweeping claims about the state of Enugu roads. That said, the Gov. is doing a fantastic job so far. He just introduced a modern taxi system with taxi meters and BRT buses too.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On May 01, 2009
romeo:

Well your one week personal experience is not enough to make sweeping claims about the state of Enugu roads. That said, the Gov. is doing a fantastic job so far. He just introduced a modern taxi system with taxi meters and BRT buses too.

Actually, it is enough to make the claim I made which is based on personal and not based on what you or any other person could say. Also my last experience would be reference for when next I am in that city. It is like every time I take a trip back to Nigeria, as soon as I land at the airport, I start judging the place, not by claims you or anyone else has made but by comparing what I see in the present with what I saw when I was last there.

When next I am in Enugu, I will compare the state of the roads to the condition of the same roads when last I was there and if it is not praiseworthy, I would say it is not. I don't know how else to explain my post there to you.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by romeo(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Actually, it is enough to make the claim I made which is based on personal and not based on what you or any other person could say. Also my last experience would be reference for when next I am in that city. It is like every time I take a trip back to Nigeria, as soon as I land at the airport, I start judging the place, not by claims you or anyone else has made but by comparing what I see in the present with what I saw when I was last there.

When next I am in Enugu, I will compare the state of the roads to the condition of the same roads when last I was there and if it is not praiseworthy, I would say it is not. I don't know how else to explain my post there to you.

You already did!! Don't opine until you visit Enugu again wink wink
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On May 01, 2009
romeo:

You already did!! Don't opine until you visit Enugu again wink wink

If you have not noticed, this is an open forum, and everyone is free to opine as they chose. Same way you seem willing to post your opinion on non-enugu related threads especially since you are not presently in all places.
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by romeo(m): 5:31pm On May 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If you have not noticed, this is an open forum, and everyone is free to opine as they chose. Same way you seem willing to post your opinion on non-enugu related threads especially since you are not presently in all places.

Wow freedom of speech!!!! You can continue spewing false info about my Enugu roads. ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On May 01, 2009
romeo:

Wow freedom of speech!!!! You can continue spewing false info about my Enugu roads. ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy

Glad you understand I have the freedom to post even if you disagree and label it false without ability to effectively refute!!
Re: Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City by romeo(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2009
You no well at all cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evening Update. Nigeria News Paper Headline / Finally Revealed!! Jonathan Is Boko Haram / Pic : Man Eats Up A Day Old Baby (viewers Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.