Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt (1500 Views)

12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF / EFCC Probing Jonathan, We Will Invite Him To Respond To Our Evidences – Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 12:49am On Jul 24, 2015
The Presidency, on Wednesday, July 22, said the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to probe only the Jonathan administration, leaving out administrations before him, is not to with-hunt the former President.

It said that series of fraud that pervaded the past government are too massive for any responsible government to ignore.

Speaking in a telephone interview, Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity, Femi Adesina, said there is glaring evidence that shows trails of monumental fraud everywhere.

“It is a simple thing. Before he was inaugurated, the President said that it will be a distraction for him to start digging deep into past governments. He said so. I don’t see anything new. But it will be irresponsible of any government to leave things of the immediate past that are glaring and evident and not do anything about it," Adesina said.

Buhari had on Wednesday vowed to arrest and prosecute former ministers and government officials who looted funds and stole Nigeria’s crude oil.

He said the suspected officials stashed the funds in foreign bank accounts, spoke during his three-day visit to the United States.

Adesina further stated, “it is not a witch-hunt. You have evidence and they are glaring. A responsible government should do something about it. It is not about the former president. It is about how they acquitted themselves in the responsibility they were given. When you are given a public responsibility, you are responsible to the people.

“You must account. When you bury a corpse and the legs are sticking out, have you buried the corpse? No. Once there are trails of money, in dollars everywhere, a responsible government should investigate. It is not as if they are witch-hunting anybody" he said

Meanwhile, the People's Democratic Party (PDP) has said it is not against Buhari's plan to plan to probe the Jonathan administration, stating that the past government has nothing to hide, adding that it has nothing to be afraid of.

http://pulse.ng/politics/presidency-probing-jonathan-govt-is-not-a-witch-hunt-id4006644.html

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by tucky200(m): 12:52am On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by kestolove95(m): 12:52am On Jul 24, 2015
Its a hunt-witch abi? Mumu
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by ifihearam: 12:54am On Jul 24, 2015
No its a wizard hunt..buhari na wizard we forget.
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by dulaman: 12:59am On Jul 24, 2015
haba. you don't have waste time to explain to anybody femi. if baba poo green shit they would call him a racist, dat a presidential poo should be black not green
on thing I like baba for is that he doesn't bloody care, make noise from now till tomorrow.
listening to too much opinion will make you fail n confused. always be in charge,yes be the alpha male.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 1:00am On Jul 24, 2015
I don't even care. Either it is witchcraft or witch-hunt, abeg probe anyone that has been suspected. Let tanoids drink acid or continue wailing, Buhari must probe and deal with anyone found wanting. You only do not have the best interest of this country at heart if you question the ongoing probes taking place. How can a country like Nigeria degenerate to this mess and some people expect those that perpetrated criminal acts to be allowed to roam free. They basically brought this country to its knees and some mumus are complaining.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by dustmalik: 1:01am On Jul 24, 2015
lolaxavier:
I don't even care. Either it is witchcraft or witch-hunt, abeg probe anyone that has been suspected. Let tanoids drink acid or continue wailing, Buhari must probe and deal with anyone found wanting. You only do not have the best interest of this country at heart if you question the ongoing probes taking place. How can a country like Nigeria degenerate to this mess and some people expect those that perpetrated criminal acts to be allowed to roam free. They basically brought this country to its knees and some mumus are complaining.
^^^What he said. Plus, whoever doesn't want the probe, Lagoon is an ever accommodating place for such a person.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by Bekwarra(m): 1:01am On Jul 24, 2015
Wo bobo were lo ba de
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by midolian(m): 1:02am On Jul 24, 2015
Witch-hunt or no witch-hunt, uncle Jona must be probed. Those that are not happy with this shouid use the lagoon option.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by funlord(m): 1:21am On Jul 24, 2015
grin No! Its actually a wizard hunt! But1 that is richly deserved! Fire on!
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by denedene(m): 1:49am On Jul 24, 2015
though he can probe the last administration, he shouldn't limit it. There are certain cases which needs to be open in other administrations i. e political assassinations, 4.2trillion nepa contract, gulf money, Halliburton scam etc unless he's scared of those ex presidents. if he has no plans of taking up such cases, he shouldn't bother probing JONATHAN'S administration.
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by pedel: 2:14am On Jul 24, 2015
denedene:
though he can probe the last administration, he shouldn't limit it. There are certain cases which needs to be open in other administrations i. e political assassinations, 4.2trillion nepa contract, gulf money, Halliburton scam etc unless he's scared of those ex presidents. if he has no plans of taking up such cases, he shouldn't bother probing JONATHAN'S administration.
GEJ should have probed the administrations before him. All these cases you mentioned, which GEJ did nothing about, are further proof that his administration was corrupt, clueless and deserved to be voted out and mercilessly probed.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by Demmocrats(m): 2:15am On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by Demmocrats(m): 2:16am On Jul 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by joseph1832(m): 2:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Yes only a lobotomize individual will say the past administration wasn't heavily laden with corruption and corrupt individuals. It was something that was very lucid for all to see.
The way and manner everybody did as he or she pleased was annoying and gut wrenching.

To borrow the words of Patrick Obahiagbon "it is visible to the blind, and audible to the deaf" that the GEJ administration is the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria.

And I sincerely hope and pray PMB will probe and punish those who orchestrated the Immigration Job Scam. Those who died as a result of the scam truly deserves JUSTICE.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 6:06am On Jul 24, 2015
pedel:

GEJ should have probed the administrations before him. All these cases you mentioned, which GEJ did nothing about, are further proof that his administration was corrupt, clueless and deserved to be voted out and mercilessly probed.

Correct!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by M4gunners: 6:09am On Jul 24, 2015
Then tell us wetin e be .
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 6:13am On Jul 24, 2015
M4gunners:

It is called 'Operation House Cleaning'.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by M4gunners: 6:17am On Jul 24, 2015
lolaxavier:

It is called 'Operation House Cleaning'.
Then he should start by cleaning his own house first by probing his fellow APC.
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2015
M4gunners:
Then he should start by cleaning his own house first by probing his fellow APC.

Jonathan should have done that...

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
M4gunners:

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by PassingShot(m): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nigerians are the most backward set of people in the world. In a sane society, pauperized citizens, irrespective of their nationalities, will stage protests to support accelerated probe of the most corrupt administration in the history of the nation.

I ask TANoids and their fellow wailers again, did Jonathan's and his ministers' loots benefit you in one way or the other?

In what way will you benefit from their stolen wealth other than for PMB to try recover some of them and use same for further development of Nigeria?

Or would you prefer PMB to look away, steal as much as he can too and allow incoming ministers loot as they wish; then leave the stage worse off than he met it and we continue the cycle till we become a failed state completely?

I wonder how we got ourselves in this type of psyche that supports and defends corruption!
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Nigerians are the most backward set of people in the world. In a sane society, pauperized citizens, irrespective of their nationalities, will stage protests to support accelerated probe of the most corrupt administration in the history of the nation.

I ask TANoids and their fellow wailers again, did Jonathan's and his ministers' loots benefit you in one way or the other?

In what way will you benefit from their stolen wealth other than for PMB to try recover some of them and use same for further development of Nigeria?

Or would you prefer PMB to look away, steal as much as he can too and allow incoming ministers loot as they wish; then leave the stage worse off than he met it and we continue the cycle till we become a failed state completely?

I wonder how we got ourselves in this type of psyche that supports and defends corruption!

Unfortunately that's the mess we find ourselves in. To know that our so-called youths are the ardent supporters of corrupt leaders makes matters worse and does not shine any light on the future of this country.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by Johnnoah1st: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
PROBING DIS MAN BECAUSE HE HIS GENTLE is an act of cowardness from buhari, if i really want me to believe he is a strong man let him dare probe d likes of OBANSANJO, ATIKU, BABANGIDA, TINUBU, and all d thiefs surrounding him, and see maybe he will be alive to tell d story (AM NOT WISHING HIM DEATH), probing jonathan is an act of cowardness by buhari, and i expect d igbos to fight 4 dis if it happen.
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by hinwazaka: 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
He should probe after all as the president, he is entitled to such. But seriously have U noticed that everytime he wants to partake or conduct some fictious financial actions he brings back the "PDP Is Sleazy Corruption Campaign(PSCC)
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
PROBING DIS MAN BECAUSE HE HIS GENTLE is an act of cowardness from buhari, if i really want me to believe he is a strong man let him dare probe d likes of OBANSANJO, ATIKU, BABANGIDA, TINUBU, and all d thiefs surrounding him, and see maybe he will be alive to tell d story (AM NOT WISHING HIM DEATH), probing jonathan is an act of cowardness by buhari, and i expect d igbos to fight 4 dis if it happen.

What is dis one saying
What's Nigeria's business with anyone being gentle? Gross misconduct took place during this man's tenure and you are there talking rubbish about gentility. Sometimes, I amazed by the mental capacity of some people that post comment on NL.
If not that gej has been saturated with corruption, why did he not probe when he was in power? Rubbish talk!
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by ifelovemi: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Johnnoah1st:

Jonathan had 5 years to probe everybody he wanted, he didn't do it, instead he joined them in looting. So buhari should be clueless too abi, God forbid bad thing, I say never again to a chop I chop president who beliefs stealing is not corruption.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
ifelovemi:

Jonathan had 5 years to probe everybody he wanted, he didn't do it, instead he joined them in looting. So buhari should be clueless too abi, God forbid bad thing, I say never again to a chop I chop president who beliefs stealing is not corruption.

Abeg, no mind dat guy...just spewing rubbish!
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by Johnnoah1st: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
lolaxavier:

What is dis one saying
What's Nigeria's business with anyone being gentle? Gross misconduct took place during this man's tenure and you are there talking rubbish about gentility. Sometimes, I amazed by the mental capacity of some people that post comment on NL.
If not that gej has been saturated with corruption, why did he not probe when he was in power? Rubbish talk!
. shut up! so if jonathan didnt probe dem since he's corrupt, why cant the saint buhari probe dem all along with jonathan? or is dis people not corrupt too? or do u knw billions dey stole tool? oh! i 4got he cant dere it cus dey will eliminate him, AND MOROVER LIKE IF U GET DERE U WONT ACQUIRE WEALTH 4 UR SELF, and even wit all d money they have got 4rm all d probing since all dis years, e.g millions of dollars dey got 4rm abacha e.t.c as its affect ur life or any common man on d street? or have dey given u ur own share? d money we still go to the pocket of all dis politician, THRASH!!
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by Johnnoah1st: 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
ifelovemi:

STOP SAYING THRASH,am not encouraging corruption, but if u become a president today like u will only depend on salary and wont acquire wealth 4 urself? nobody is saint, and even if he was probe we d money collected 4rm him affect the life of a common man on d street? NO! it will still be shared among d politician in d current administration,
LET BUHARI PROBE TINUBU, ATIKU, OBASANJO, AMAECHI, BABANGIDA, DEN I WILL KNW HE REALLY MEAN BUSINESS, and not witch hunt. OH! I 4GOT HE CANT DEAR IT.
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
lolaxavier:
The Presidency, on Wednesday, July 22, said the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to probe only the Jonathan administration, leaving out administrations before him, is not to with-hunt the former President.

It said that series of fraud that pervaded the past government are too massive for any responsible government to ignore.

Speaking in a telephone interview, Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity, Femi Adesina, said there is glaring evidence that shows trails of monumental fraud everywhere.

“It is a simple thing. Before he was inaugurated, the President said that it will be a distraction for him to start digging deep into past governments. He said so. I don’t see anything new. But it will be irresponsible of any government to leave things of the immediate past that are glaring and evident and not do anything about it," Adesina said.

Buhari had on Wednesday vowed to arrest and prosecute former ministers and government officials who looted funds and stole Nigeria’s crude oil.

He said the suspected officials stashed the funds in foreign bank accounts, spoke during his three-day visit to the United States.

Adesina further stated, “it is not a witch-hunt. You have evidence and they are glaring. A responsible government should do something about it. It is not about the former president. It is about how they acquitted themselves in the responsibility they were given. When you are given a public responsibility, you are responsible to the people.

“You must account. When you bury a corpse and the legs are sticking out, have you buried the corpse? No. Once there are trails of money, in dollars everywhere, a responsible government should investigate. It is not as if they are witch-hunting anybody" he said

Meanwhile, the People's Democratic Party (PDP) has said it is not against Buhari's plan to plan to probe the Jonathan administration, stating that the past government has nothing to hide, adding that it has nothing to be afraid of.

http://pulse.ng/politics/presidency-probing-jonathan-govt-is-not-a-witch-hunt-id4006644.html
It is a WIZARD hunt.
Re: Presidency: Probing Jonathan's Govt Is Not A Witch-hunt by lolaxavier(m): 6:43am On Jul 25, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
. shut up! so if jonathan didnt probe dem since he's corrupt, why cant the saint buhari probe dem all along with jonathan? or is dis people not corrupt too? or do u knw billions dey stole tool? oh! i 4got he cant dere it cus dey will eliminate him, AND MOROVER LIKE IF U GET DERE U WONT ACQUIRE WEALTH 4 UR SELF, and even wit all d money they have got 4rm all d probing since all dis years, e.g millions of dollars dey got 4rm abacha e.t.c as its affect ur life or any common man on d street? or have dey given u ur own share? d money we still go to the pocket of all dis politician, THRASH!!

What you typed shows that your reasoning is purely hollow and empty. As far as I'm concerned, PMB is taking a bold and gigantic step to probe misdeeds and wrongdoings of gej and his crew. If you are not satisfied with it, the lagoon is big enough to grant you free accommodation. People like you will continue to wail till thy kingdom come.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Allowed Abacha To Arrest Me - Obasanjo / Re: A Brief History Of Ile Ife; Don't Rewrite Our History / It’s Cold Being In The Opposition —metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.