Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB (32488 Views)

‘your Incompetency Is Legendary’ – Oby Ezekwesili Replies Garba Shehu / Goodluck Jonathan Minister Aruma Oteh Receives From Forbes- Pics / Ezekwesili Replies CNBC Tweet That Arunma Oteh Is The 1st African Woman VP Of WB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by chukkiephil(m): 8:45am On Jul 25, 2015
likila:
[s][/s]

simple sense you no get

are you one of those pressing obyj slippers breast with the baboon of otta?
grin

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2015
fairheven:

An is Oteh ur sugermumy?
I no carry Oteh matter 4 head ooo, and btw I wil even appreciate her being my sugar mummy, she is an epitome of beauty and brains, very classy, flawless and noiseless, a professional to the core, a very rare breed these days and time.....see as the woman dey make me kolo

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by belzabull(f): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Beelzebub or whatever you call yourself, seems you're the most pained..i'll like to see how beautiful you are in physical appearance to call a fellow woman an ugly baboon.

You should be a brave lady and follow her on twitter and then use those same invectives as stvpid and daft on her.

Such a Shame.
I ain't even on twitter or a social media freak, unlike the irrelevant ugly baboon that seem to living on twitter making silly posts all the time. That she's a fellow woman doesn't make her any less ugly, st√pid and daft and I'm classes above her in beauty.

you are a shame on your family

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by gbemi12(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2015
I am not exactly sure why this guy has been receiving criticisms from a number of people on this thread just because he made a valid point. I am even more surprised by the level of sheer ignorance that is displayed at times by some respected international media outlets. For me, I am indifferent to the persons of Aruma oteh and Oby. I am just trying lay out the facts here. There are currently more than 20 Vice presidents in the World Bank handling different responsibilities and both Vice president, Africa and [b] Vice President & Treasurer [/b]are included. See below:

Vice President, World Bank Group Human Resources Sean McGrath

Vice President, Leadership, Learning, and Innovation Sanjay Pradhan

Vice President, World Bank Group External and Corporate Relations Cyril Muller

Vice President, Global Practices and Cross-Cutting Solutions Keith Hansen

Vice President, Global Practices and Cross-Cutting Solutions Nena Stoiljkovic

Vice President, Budget, Performance Review, and Strategic Planning Pedro Alba

Vice President, Development Finance Joachim von Amsberg

Acting Vice President and Treasurer Doris Herrera-Pol

Vice President, Africa Makhtar Diop

Vice President, South Asia Annette Dixon

Vice President, Latin America and Caribbean Jorge Familiar Calderon

World Bank Group Chief Information Officer and Vice President, Information and Technology Solutions Stephanie von Friedeburg

Vice President, Middle East and North Africa Hafez Ghanem

Vice President and World Bank Group Controller Bernard Lauwers

Vice President, Institutional Integrity Leonard McCarthy

Vice President and Auditor-General Hiroshi Naka

Vice President, Operations Policy and Country Services Hartwig Schafer

Vice President and World Bank Group Chief Risk Officer Lakshmi Shyam-Sunder

Vice President, East Asia and Pacific Axel van Trotsenburg

Vice President, Europe and Central Asia Laura Tuck

Vice President and World Bank Group Chief Ethics Officer Xian Zhu

Source: http://www.worldbank.org/en/about/leadership/managers

soe:
CNBC is a dumb group of fools

Saying Oby was VP of African Region and not world bank shows how dumb they are.

Is African Region a company on its own?

For crying out loud, there are a number of VPs in world bank with different departments.

Oby was world bank VP (African Region)
Otteh is World bank VP (Treasury)

I mean...what is so hard to understand?

Fooools

4 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2015
marcoNG:
Don't be an educated illiterate.
You also have vp treasury African region who answers to vp treasury wb just as vp African region answers to vp wb

bring ur evidence.

I still wonder how people will deliberately deceive themselves.

Do u think african region means AFDB? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by SolutionsGuy: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2015
CNBC are just being foolish. They don't know and refuse to know. If you wish to know . . .

http://www.worldbank.org/en/about/leadership/managers
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by seunmsg(m): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2015
SonOfEl:

guy check the organogram before commenting

Is it that some of you have issues with comprehension or you are are just plainly mischivieous. The organisation chart should settle the arguement. NOI and oby have previously served as world bank vice president in different capacities. Cnbc was wrong and you guys should stop this ignorant arguement.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 25, 2015
janus05:
Superbly beautiful Aruma Oteh. Oby park well abeg

grin
janus05:
Superbly beautiful Aruma Oteh. Oby park well abeg
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by 4Play(m): 9:12am On Jul 25, 2015
Of course, CNBC were wrong. The fact that it's a Western media organisation doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.

Oby does sound petty though as a simple congratulatory tweet would have sufficed.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by HopeAtHand: 9:13am On Jul 25, 2015
belzabull:

I ain't even on twitter or a social media freak, unlike the irrelevant ugly baboon that seem to living on twitter making silly posts all the time. That she's a fellow woman doesn't make her any less ugly, st√pid and daft and I'm classes above her in beauty.

you are a shame on your family

You aren't on twitter and you're not freaked by social media but you know Oby lives on twitter?...How did you know..did you hear it on radio, did you read it on newspapers or ure assuming NL isnt social media?..which?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by justmenoni: 9:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Add that servant from one of the eastern state to your list oooo ;Dquote author=aguiyi post=36243284]she is beginning to struggle to sound reasonable.

A sympton of associating with APC.

Buhari, Rochas and Oshomole are also suffering from same since they joined APC[/quote]
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Happiness87(f): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2015
soe:

For crying out loud, there are a number of VPs in world bank with different departments.

Fooools

For daft readers...pls note that VP African Region focuses on world bank assisted developmental projects in Africa...this position makes u the main representative of world bank from burkina faso to egypt, to south africa and all....
I pity those that liked your post.

if Vp World bank the same as Vp, African Region.

if Oby is still working with World bank, who will be the superior??

all the regional heads are under her, just like country head is under regional head.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by domiron: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Tolexander:
Confusion everywhere!

MD, VP for Africa, VP for World Bank,

Didn't Oby has her role clarified and defined while she was with World Bank!

She was VP Africa, not world...Regional VP is not World VP.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Btoyob(m): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Bad belle!!!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by nickxtra(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2015
Trash! A VP is a VP, whether for African region or certain category. It is more of department or category. Boy is the first African VP of the World Bank.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by cescky(m): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2015
slam7000:
Simply, Madam Oby played in CHAN aka nations cup for local players...Madam Arunma is playing in the World Cup.

There is a difference between Ashanti kotoko or kafanchan United and German national team or Brazil national team.

Oby is CAF, Arunma is FIFA.

Oby has short stubborn and rough hair, Arunma has soft, silky beautiful hairs. Oby is man and agberoish, Arunma is feminine and cultured.

Oby rhymes with Obj, Arunma means beautiful body.

Obj looks like Obj, Arunma is a queen.

Oby is tufiakwa, Arunma is mwuahh.

Oby carries bags of cement, Arunma carries jimmy choo bag.

Oby move over, there is a new sheriff in town,her name is Oteh mama. Take your placard to sambisa. That's where you belong.

The difference is clear.

Looooool

Ur bad oo

Oby carries bags of cement while aruna carries jimmy choo......chaiiiiiiii. End od discusion

Where's mr cork when u need him...aruneh oteh is light skin ooo
Obyj is not, hahaha

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2015
Shortyy:
LOL. #sniffs.. What's that smell? Jealousy, i guess.

No jealous there. She's setting the record straight. Read soe's post.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by zubizareta(m): 9:24am On Jul 25, 2015
soe:

Fooools

For daft readers...pls note that VP African Region focuses on world bank assisted developmental projects in Africa...this position makes u the main representative of world bank from burkina faso to egypt, to south africa and all....

Don't be silly my friend..what do you mean by VP(Treasury)? trying to be smart and combine it to look like one position?
The article clearly states she has been appointed VP and treasurer to World bank where she is to manage assets worth $150billion.

From the article:
As VP and Treasurer, Arunma will
manage and lead a large and diverse
team responsible for managing more
than $150 billion in assets. Her top
priorities will be to: (i) maintain the
World Bank’s global reputation as a
prudent and innovative borrower,
investor and risk manager; (ii) manage
an extensive client advisory, transaction
and asset management business for the
Bank; (iii) engage, in her capacity as one
of the World Bank’s key representatives,
with outside stakeholders including
global private sector financial
institutions, the financial media and the
sovereign debt and reserve managers in
client countries, as well as ratings
agencies; and (iv) collaborate extensively
with the Finance Partners throughout
the WBG, including with IFC and MIGA,
expanding shared approaches, in
particular around innovative financing
for development and for key new
projects.
Ms. Oteh was selected to this position
through an international competitive
search. Her appointment is effective on
September 28, 2015.

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/187198-world-bank-appoints-nigerias-arunma-oteh-vice-president-treasurer.html

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by onatisi(m): 9:24am On Jul 25, 2015
Is this woman jobless or what? How come she is always replying to twitter tweets and always on the social media! I expect a woman of her standing and status to be very busy than responding to trivial issues like this.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by femionasan(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2015
domiron:

She was VP (Africa) this is a department on its own. Otteh is VP (treasury) which is another department. Nothing like regional VP in this matter.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Kimoni: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2015
What is this?? Is African region an institution?? CNBC olodo.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Coolcash1: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2015
sameer1212:
These is not good.

R.I.P English..... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Tolexander: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2015
domiron:

I know.

Didn't Oby get a defined responsibility in World Bank before goofing!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Themonster: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2015
firstolalekan:

Okay o my mother's asss i just wide as a holegrin
we know cheesy
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by soundtruth(m): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2015
Hatred will not allow them acknowledge the truth.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2015
Oteh PDP, Oby APC what do you guys expect?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by fairheven: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2015
Castroii:
I no carry Oteh matter 4 head ooo, and btw I wil even appreciate her being my sugar mummy, she is an epitome of beauty and brains, very classy, flawless and noiseless, a professional to the core, a very rare breed these days and time.....see as the woman dey make me kolo

And does that change the fact that OBY was a Wbank VP? Oteh is not just from my state but also from my local government,but even if she my sister ,that shudnt overshadow my sense of reasoning
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by malikisah: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2015
But she is just correcting the record here so what's wrong with that? These stupid people sha!

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by ccaramel(f): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2015
domiron:

Very dumb post. Read what you wrote again. Oby was a VP of the world bank. Plain and simple.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by opuama(f): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2015
Shameless woman African region and The world na the same. Ugly nkita
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB by Forwetinnah: 10:12am On Jul 25, 2015
likila:
[s][/s]

simple sense you no get

are you one of those pressing obyj slippers breast with the baboon of otta?

Falls from PDP umbrella *
gringrin....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) / Bitumen Exploitation Commences In Ondo State As Equipment Land In Irele (PHOTOS) / Aviation Ministry Confirms N255m Vehicles Purchase For Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.