Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

NL Arabic Learning Thread :) - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NL Arabic Learning Thread :) (18236 Views)

The Arabic Origins Of Common Yoruba Words / Why Do Muslims Talk In Arabic? / Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by neighy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:

أن means something else.....I believe you meant to write أنا which means "I" and Lagos in Arabic is لَاغُوسٌ or لَيغُوسٌ

And emm.....you don't need انا in front of أسكن because أسكن itself means "I live/dwell" *These are the things ilm nahw will help you in doing*...
cry lipsrsealed
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
@Abdelkabir

Are you talking about marfu, mansub and majror?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Yep......
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
I had a few notes on that.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
snapscore:
I had a few notes on that.

From the virtual class or the real class?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
So I just want to say that I don't think I will be posting much of my revision notes even though I really want to make this thread beneficial.
I don't have the knowledge to be posting or trying to teach someone else. My knowledge in Arabic is quite little and probably less than basic especially when it comes to writing and grammar. I may post my second revision note..... but I am not sure I will be posting much after that. I will leave it to the more knowledgeable people.

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:

From the virtual class or the real class?

Virtual.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
snapscore:
So I just want to say that I don't think I will be posting much of my revision notes even though I really want to make this thread beneficial.
I don't have the knowledge to be posting or trying to teach someone else. My knowledge in Arabic is quite little and probably less than basic especially when it comes to writing and grammar. I may post my second revision note..... but I am not sure I will be posting much after that. I will leave it to the more knowledgeable people.

Giving up? Forgotten the plan?? The plan is for you to revise so you won't forget what you've learnt.... Didn't you say this;

snapscore:

I don't think I have ever typed Arabic as much as I have in the past two days.
It's great revision though and it's fun too.

You'll be benefitting from it hajia....you had better continue what you started undecided
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Giving up? Forgotten the plan?? The plan is for you to revise so you won't forget what you've learnt.... Didn't you say this

I did but I am thinking of going mia off this forum. So it will be a bit rude to just stop posting.

You'll be benefitting from it hajia....you had better continue what you started undecided

I am tbh (I have learnt spelling and rules) but at the same time my revision notes are likely to contain mistakes and I don't want to teach anyone the wrong thing. + I might not be very active soon ( uni is starting in about a week). I started and someone more knowledgeable can continue.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
snapscore:

I did but I am thinking of going mia off this forum. So it will be a bit rude to just stop posting.

I am tbh (I have learnt spelling and rules) but at the same time my revision notes are likely to contain mistakes and I don't want to teach anyone the wrong thing. + I might not be very active soon ( uni is starting in about a week). I started and someone more knowledgeable can continue.

OK....
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
Section 1
Remember how adding ال to a noun makes it definite? Well, using pronouns demonstrative pronouns such as this and that makes the nouns definite as well because you are speaking about an exact thing. For example, this car or that car (I am speaking of a car) rather than saying a car. All pronouns are definite

Masculine /Feminine Meaning Transliteration Demonstrative pronoun

Masculine This Haذa هَذَا

Feminine This Haذِ ihi هَذِهِ

Masculine That ذalika ذَلِكّ

Feminine That tilka تِلْلكِ

Note: You can usually tell that a noun is feminine because it ends in tarmabuta ة. Hence when making sentences the pronoun should be congruent with the noun. For example- This is a book– haذa kitaabun- هَذَا كِتَابٌ. However, if it was a feminine noun like سَيَّاَرةٌ (car- say’yaratun) it would be هَذِهِ سَيَّارَة. The same goes for ذَلِكَ & تِلْكَ

Will post the rest tomorrow in sha Allah. Something tells me it won't be easy
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
Personal pronouns

Pronouns could be first person, second person, or third person.

First person pronoun includes: I & we

Second person- you

Third person – he/ she

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 22, 2017
Attaching the rest

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
Some things from the doc

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2017

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by neighy(m): 6:39am On Apr 24, 2017

Which??
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Fulaman198:
Time for you to go and live amongst the Shu'a/Shuwa.
shuwa are not speaking arabic,even if they speaking it,it will be broken which won't good for you.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Fulaman198(m): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
abdelrahman:
shuwa are not speaking arabic,even if they speaking it,it will be broken which won't good for you.

They should be able to speak Arabic as most of them are originally from Chad or Sudan. It's their mother language. They are Baqqara Arabs. Also, there are different dialects of Arabic. The most utilised type of Arabic is Egyptian Arabic.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

They should be able to speak Arabic as most of them are originally from Chad or Sudan. It's their mother language. They are Baqqara Arabs. Also, there are different dialects of Arabic. The most utilised type of Arabic is Egyptian Arabic.
they speak shuwa dialect of arab which is broken arabic,if you speak Quranic arab in their midst,they don't understand except those who learn it,same with some north africa.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Fulaman198(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
abdelrahman:
they speak shuwa dialect of arab which is broken arabic,if you speak Quranic arab in their midst,they don't understand except those who learn it,same with some north africa.

Yes correct, there are different Arabic dialects. They speak their own dialect (Baqqara/Shuwa) which is the same dialect of Arabic spoken in Chad. It is the same thing with Morocco, they have their own dialect Maghrebi Arabic also known as Hassaniya.

Bros, Qu'ranic Arabic is quite old, it's like comparing our newest English to the old English crap they speak in Romeo and Juliet with Thou, thee, blah blah blah. Not many people understand Old English myself included, I never cared for that nonsense.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by fawaz050(m): 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
Why did you guys stopped posting on this thread na. It is edutaning
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by fawaz050(m): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
السلام عليكم يا أصدقاء و العلما من الكبرة سهل لغة العربية. what i mean to say is:- peace be upon you oh friends and the scholars of this great simple language(arabic) please i need corrections, i might be wrong MuhdG
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by fawaz050(m): 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
AbdelKabir:
:تُظْهَرُ مِنَ الفَضَائِلِ عِلمِ النَّحْوِ بِمَا يَلِي

From the virtues of science of nahw will be shown with the following:

There is a story about a Bedouin man who was leading salaah and he was reading suratut tawbah, when he got to;

(أَنَّ اللَّهَ بَرِىءٌ مِّنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ وَرَسُولُهُ)

.....that Allaah is free from obligations to the Mushrikin and so is His Messenger.

The man read the last word as rasoolihi instead of rasooluhu, which changed the meaning from "Allaah and his Messenger being free from the mushrikeen" to "Allaah being free from the mushrikeen and his Messenger" this was a grave mistake and the Bedouin instantly knew he had made a mistake thus he stopped his salaah...

This got to the ameer Ali ibn Abi taalib, then Ali ordered a man called Ad-duwali to write down the foundations of Arabic grammar because he was good in it and that was how nahw came about.....

Other such examples in the Quran that can cause problem is the following aayah:

(وَإِذِ ابْتَلَى إِبْرَهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِماتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ)

..And (remember) when the Lord of Ibrahim tried him with (certain) Words, which he fulfilled..

If the harakah on the last letter in "Ibrahim" (meem) is interchanged with the "baa" in "rabbuhu" it becomes "Allaah being tried by Ibrahim" instead of "Ibrahim bring tried by Allaah"...

One more example:

(إِنَّمَا يَخْشَى اللَّهَ مِنْ عِبَادِهِ الْعُلَمَاءُ)

It is only those who have knowledge among His servants that fear Allaah...

If the fatha on the last letter in " Allaah " is interchanged with the harakah on the last letter in "ulamaa'u" is interchanged.... It will mean "Allaah fearing this knowledgeable words" instead of vice versa..

Some of the deviants from those who claim Allaah cannot talk tried to distort this aayah in suratun nisaa

وَكلَّمَ اللهُ موسَى تكليماً

To

وَكلَّمَ اللهَ موسَى تكليماً

Changing Allaahu to Allaaha which implies, Allaah did not speak to musa, rather musa spoke to him...

Nahw is important and you can't understand the Qur'an properly without knowing nahw...
Are you grounded in نحو ؟
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by mutaalim(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
fawaz050:
جزاك الله خيرا
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by mutaalim(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
fawaz050:
جزاك الله خيرا
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by fawaz050(m): 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2017
mutaalim:
جزاك الله خيرا
Why? I didn't do anything fa
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by IMOGBEMI(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2019
بالله عليكم، من منا من جامعة إلورن
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by mutaalim(m): 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
IMOGBEMI:
بالله عليكم، من منا من جامعة إلورن
Meaning

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo Builds N350M Mosque And Arabic School In Abeokuta / Recitation Of Sadik Akolade Alabi Winner Of 1st Position In Qur'anic Competition / Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.