Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

NL Arabic Learning Thread :) - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NL Arabic Learning Thread :) (18235 Views)

The Arabic Origins Of Common Yoruba Words / Why Do Muslims Talk In Arabic? / Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
Empiree:
"No No No" lol grin
ma mana' 'lol' fillugatil arabiyah?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
enieme:

grin
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
Empiree:
grin
laysa dhalik aljawab
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
enieme:

Innahu la ya'rif
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
MuhdG:

Innahu la ya'rif
na'am, wa ant? Hal Anta ta'rif?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
enieme:

Lalalalaa
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
MuhdG:

Lalalalaa
lol: ههههه
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by mutaalim(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
سلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركته
يا إخوان في الإسلام. نعم عملكم well why can't you introduce nahwu (Arabic grammar) and surfu (verbs)
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by mutaalim(m): 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
enieme:

نعم وأنت ؟هل أنت تعرف ؟with the help nahw and sarfu I could able to translate that
@MuhdG Ko ba haka bane!
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
mutaalim:

نعم وأنت ؟هل أنت تعرف ؟with the help nahw and sarfu I could able to translate that
@MuhdG Ko ba haka bane!
shukran. I shud also go get d Arabic keyboard.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
السلام عليكم يا أصدقاء و العلما من الكبرة سهل لغة العربية. what i mean to say is:- peace be upon you oh friends and the scholars of this great simple language(arabic) please i need corrections, i might be wrong MuhdG
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Uthman51(m): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
السلام عليكم يا أهل البيت
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Uthman51:
السلام عليكم يا أهل البيت
lexiconkabir:
السلام عليكم يا أصدقاء و العلما من الكبرة سهل لغة العربية. what i mean to say is:- peace be upon you oh friends and the scholars of this great simple language(arabic) please i need corrections, i might be wrong MuhdG
lexiconkabir:
wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi. Marhaban bikumaa
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
mutaalim:
سلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركته
يا إخوان في الإسلام. نعم عملكم well why can't you introduce nahwu (Arabic grammar) and surfu (verbs)
twill be nice but u cud drop whatever onesu know and I'm sure someone else here will take it up. Or u cud even help get d transliteration into Arabic script.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2016
I know this is a dead thread but I might as well revive it.

Let me try. Even though I am bad at transliterations.

I will just say random stuff about myself

Assalam alaikum

Ismee..... contact17- My name is contact17

Ana aarif luggutul arabiya bas ana afham lahjat alkhalij *I know the Arabic language but I understand the Gulf dialect*

Amri tamania ashara - This is only for those who can understand

Shloonkum? - How are you (plural)

Modified to add translation.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by MrOlai: 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
! ما شاء الله

يمكنك الكتابة باللغة العربية بدلا من الحروف
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
MrOlai:
! ما شاء الله

يمكنك الكتابة باللغة العربية بدلا من الحروف

Wanted to say the same thing, but i thought probably she is using PC(which the keyboard is most likely in English).

2 Likes

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Contact17:
I know this is a dead thread but I might as well revive it.

Let me try. Even though I am bad at transliterations.

I will just say random stuff about myself

Assalam alaikum

Ismee..... contact17- My name is contact17

Ana aarif luggutul arabiya bas ana afham lahjat alkhalij *I know the Arabic language but I understand the Gulf dialect*

Amri tamania ashara - This is only for those who can understand

Shloonkum? - How are you (plural)

Modified to add translation.

That's pretty new to me, what i know is كيف حالكم(the classical Arabic) but i just did a little bit research and found out that its syrian and gulf.

The site i got that information from said, only three group of people use that classical form..

Arabic professors, taxi drivers and salafees grin

The classical form was likened to "how art thou"

2 Likes

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by MrOlai: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wanted to say the same thing, but i thought probably she is using PC(which the keyboard is most likely in English).

I thought as much.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

That's pretty new to me, what i know is كيف حالكم(the classical Arabic) but i just did a little bit research and found out that its syrian and gulf.

The site i got that information from said, only three group of people use that classical form..

Arabic professors, taxi drivers and salafees
grin

The classical form was likened to "how art thou"

I learnt something new.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
هذا الموضوع مرة أخرى؟ humm
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Contact17:
I understand the Gulf dialect*

كنت تعيش في الخليج من قبل؟

kunt taeish fi alkhalij min qibl?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
^ perhaps.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Empiree:
كنت تعيش في الخليج من قبل؟

kunt taeish fi alkhalij min qibl?

Maybe.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
^^

Just to clarify the few posts ahead. The reason I used transliterations was because I didn't want people to assume that I knew Arabic. I know a bit but that's about it and I definitely know more words than I can spell. When I was trying to learn Arabic, I was pretty much looking for a short cut so..... I guess this is end result. I tried to learn the Egyptian dialect because it was most commonly spoken and supposedly easiest but I didn't really like it. Then I tried to learn Gulf Arabic because I heard it was closest to classical Arabic and I actually like it.

Still in the process of trying to learn proper Arabic and hopefully over the holiday's I will work on it. In sha Allah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
Contact17:
^^

Just to clarify the few posts ahead. The reason I used transliterations was because I didn't want people to assume that I knew Arabic. I know a bit but that's about it and I definitely know more words than I can spell. When I was trying to learn Arabic, I was pretty much looking for a short cut so..... I guess this is end result. I tried to learn the Egyptian dialect because it was most commonly spoken and supposedly easiest but I didn't really like it. Then I tried to learn Gulf Arabic because I heard it was closest to classical Arabic and I actually like it.

Still in the process of trying to learn proper Arabic and hopefully over the holiday's I will work on it. In sha Allah

So when will you open class for us.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
FriendChoice:

So when will you open class for us.

After I become an expert....which is not anytime soon.

If lexiconkabir or demmzy15 opens a class, I will join.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Contact17:

Maybe.
Maybe?
How that possible for you to be able to understand Gulf dialect then?
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
Contact17:

After I become an expert....which is not anytime soon.

If lexiconkabir or demmzy15 opens a class, I will join.

Hahaha.

Ana a'arifu, wa tatakallam bi luggatil Arabia qalilan. Bisababi luggatil Arabia, hiya luggatil Qur'an, hiya luggati Muhammad (SAW).

1 Like

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
Contact17:
^^

Thats means you would pronounce 'ka' (kaf) as 'ga' in a sentence?. Gulf countries say 'ga' instead of 'ka'. Found that interesting.

For instance, if you listen to Sheikh Sudais recites Sura Kahf ayah 19, he pronounces "azga" instead of 'azka' as written. Same thing UAE reciter Sheikh Salah Bukhatir. I listen to him a lot. He too pronounces 'ga' instead of 'ka'. But Yoruba won't have problem pronouncing ga as written in the Qur'an. So i notice gulf countries pronounce differently but I am not sure if their dialect is closed to classical arabic.
Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
Empiree:
Thats means you would pronounce 'ka' (kaf) as 'ga' in a sentence?. Gulf countries say 'ga' instead of 'ka'. Found that interesting.

For instance, if you listen to Sheikh Sudais recites Sura Kahf ayah 19, he pronounces "azga" instead of 'azka' as written. Same thing UAE reciter Sheikh Salah Bukhatir. I listen to him a lot. He too pronounces 'ga' instead of 'ka'. But Yoruba won't have problem pronouncing ga as written in the Qur'an. So i notice gulf countries pronounce differently but I am not sure if their dialect is closed to classical arabic.

Personally, I don't. But I do agree with you that every region have their own way of pronouncing the letters. For exapmle Egyptians pronounce ja as ga.
That being said, not everyone uses their dialect when speaking. So an Egyptian knows that ja is pronoouned as ja but if he wants to pronounce it in his dialect he will use ga.

Another thing I want to mention is that dialect doesn't just refer to the prounciations but words as well. Most Arabs don't use formal/ classical or Modern standard Arabic when speaking, rather they use informal words that are sometimes dervived from the classical Arabic. The words differ according to the region. For example how are you in Gulf Arabic would be shuk barik. This would be different if I wanted to to say the same thing in Egyptian or Palestinine or any other regional Arabic.
Just like Yoruba. If a person speaks ijebu Yoruba to me, I would be completely lost even though its still Yoruba

I am not exactly sure if Gulf Arabic is closest to classical Arabic, but I think perhaps, the informal Arabic that is being spoken is closely derived from classical Arabic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Arabic Learning Thread :) by Empiree: 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Contact17:

Personally, I don't. But I do agree with you that every region have their own way of pronouncing the letters. For exapmle Egyptians pronounce ja as ga.
That being said, not everyone uses their dialect when speaking. So an Egyptian knows that ja is pronoouned as ja but if he wants to pronounce it in his dialect he will use ja.

Another thing I want to mention is that dialect doesn't just refer to the prounciations but words as well. Most Arabs don't use formal/ classical or Modern standard Arabic when speaking, rather they use informal words that are sometimes dervived from the classical Arabic. The words differ according to the region. For example how are you in Gulf Arabic would be shuk barik. This would be different if I wanted to to say the same thing in Egyptian or Palestinine or any other regional Arabic.
Just like Yoruba. If a person speaks ijebu Yoruba to me, I would be completely lost even though its still Yoruba

I am not exactly sure if Gulf Arabic is closest to classical Arabic, but I think perhaps, the informal Arabic that is being spoken is closely derived from classical Arabic.
Olohun ku Ola....azal wajal. This is what the Christians thought when they said we have different Qur'an. but it different dialects indeed. It is rather seven variants (ahruf) and seven Qiraat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo Builds N350M Mosque And Arabic School In Abeokuta / Recitation Of Sadik Akolade Alabi Winner Of 1st Position In Qur'anic Competition / Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.