Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post (542 Views)

Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America / Setraco Inspects Aba Roads,Delivers City Blue Print.(photos) / President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post by ojdollars(m): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
“Spare the rod and spoil the child”, a quote often treated with levity but weighs even more than a king’s kingship”

Owing to the work put in by a mother towards a child’s upbringing, sometimes I feel a child should bear the mother’s name. It is ridiculous right? I know some persons would want to drag me into a duel of argument; others would want to write-off my statement without a second thought.

According to definitions, the mother is a woman who gives birth to a child or a woman who raises a child. This is true but the mother does far more than what is perceived or even seen. The role of a mother in the home is just a stepping stone to her role on a larger scale. Though in time past mothers have been home bound, but the result of their effort is not. She does far more than what is known of her. She plays a big role as long as any nation is concerned. She nurtures the child and in essence nurtures a Nation

The burden that wrestles my soul is how less an appreciation or acknowledgement is thrown at the mother, the brain that succored the hidden star to prominence, the back that took up onus to nurture destiny, the burden bearer. I believe too much value is rather attached to money. A myopic foresight had rather made stomach infrastructure the opium of the people. Simply put, the father or the bread winner as he may be, takes too much of the glory.

I believe every great Nation is indebted to the role the individual mother plays in-house, the right role of course. The role of a mother is independent of money. It is independent of education. Yet the mother labours to see that her fruit lacks none of these. It is quite an irony. Every nation that aspires for a greater posterity beckons on the young to take the right route, not minding the predicament that befalls the route. Necessity runs back to the mother to ensue follow-ability of the right path.

“Spare the rod and spoil the child”, a quote often treated with levity but weighs even more than a king’s kingship. A great Nation lies in the fist of a mother. She squeezes it too tight and the Nation wallows in the bowels of shame. She handles it with care like an egg and a Nation is hatched into the desired greatness. The wisdom of a father is most often shared by amidst his contemporaries, but the wisdom of a mother falls on the ears of the child: the hope of posterity, the future of the future.

I believe a greater nation is enveloped in the parcels delivered to a child by a mother. A child believes more in whatsoever come from the mother than any other. The impact of a mother can make or mar any nation. Have a Nation with mothers that understands their role as mothers and have a nation shaped into perfection, worthy of emulation to sister nations.

I believe it is high time we start working out modalities that will protect the role and the integrity of the mother. Value is best protected by giving value. Accolade to a job well done ensues continuity of same good job. The role of the mother is paramount to seeing our dream in reality; a greater Nation.

Source: The FCT Post - http://www.fctpost.com/2015/07/25/the-mother-the-blue-print-to-a-greater-nation/

Re: The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post by Demmocrats(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post by Demmocrats(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
K
Re: The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post by multikolour(m): 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
happy and proud to have one of the best mothers in the world.

team best mothers in the world show your love for the best mothers in the world.

2 Likes

Re: The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post by topemirates(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Click like if u appreciate ur mom, click share if u don't...

2 Likes

Re: The Mother: The Blue-print To A Greater Nation - The FCT Post by LoveMachine(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
multikolour:
happy and proud to have one of the best mothers in the world.

team best mothers in the world show your love for the best mothers in the world.

I see you fam! grin

(1) (Reply)

Young Africans To Obama: 'clean Your Own House First' / SHOCKING: See How Much Nigerian Soldiers Are Paid For Fighting Boko Haram / Bayelsa Guber: Patience Jonathan Dumps PDP, Backs APC Candidate, Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.