Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America (1137 Views)

Don’t Lose Hope Of A Greater Nigeria - Buhari 'Easter Message' / Video Of Atiku In The United States Of America / Saraki Wins AIT Social Media Poll On Who Is A Greater Threat To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
NEWS RELEASE
RE: WE CAN BE A GREATER NATION THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
DATE OF RELEASE: OCTOBER 12th 2017
CONTACT EMAIL: anewnigerianow@gmail.com

NIGERIA CAN BE A GREATER NATION THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA…………

Fellow Nigerians once again the leader of our country President M. Buhari in his national broadcast commemorating 57 years of Nigeria’s independence, failed to address issues of importance to the common man and his plan for a future that might produce Hope, equity and fair play to the average Nigerian.
My countrymen and women this situation is no longer tenable and the direction the country is going is not only unacceptable but might in fact be catastrophic. Despite their best intentions, our leaders seem to have no idea on how to move the country forward using the implements of democracy or for that matter plan a path to a better future for our youth.
Granted there is no perfect society anywhere in the universe however whenever a democratic nation is in crisis or faced with an unforeseen situation it should be able to refer to its constitution for answers, not so in today’s Nigeria where our growth is stalled in the 19th century. Our constitution is neither serving the Governed nor the Government hence the stalemate and decay that pervades every facet of our civil society. Properly Governed, Nigeria should be one of the strongest 20 countries of the world and that is using some of the most conservative indices, so the question is? Why is it not? As uncomfortable as that question sounds, the answer is even more scary, you see if that analysis is correct which it is, then there are only two (2) possible answers neither of which is re assuring. First is that our leaders don’t want progress for all or 2 our leaders don’t know how to achieve progress for all.
Nigeria can no longer afford to continue down this road, otherwise what we see facing us is the dis integration of what was meant to be a great country, that is why Today we are committing ourselves to put a stop to this ugly narrative and pull all the resources that we can muster from Nigerians around the Globe to bring the much desired and much needed change to our country.
What we currently have is not working and will never work unless we make a major shift in our focus and direction. After all insanity they say is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time.
Our current leaders God bless them have done their best but that’s not good enough, our people are suffering and without hope due to no fault of theirs while those of us not directly affected by this travesty are enjoying the benefit of a sophisticated western society and doing nothing to change the narrative.
Today we at ANPAC are committing ourselves to bringing an end to this suffering and pervasive discontent. Our country needs new breed of leaders and a well-meaning populist ideology, up till now we have always had to choose from a pool of corrupt candidates, for that to change and indeed for Nigeria to change, we must offer our people a choice in 2019, we must find a candidate outside of the current establishment, one with a vision guided by a progressive ideology. No longer should our people be made to choose from a quota system of evil entitlement imposed by our major political parties. Notice the wanton equanimity with which politicians change parties in Nigeria, that alone should tell you that our politicians don’t have any ideology and our political parties have no platform or plan. So I ask that you join us in our effort to elect a Man or Woman of the people as president of Nigeria in 2019. God bless you all God bless the USA and God bless the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
ABOUT ANPAC
The America-Nigeria political action committee (ANPAC) aims at forging strong bilateral relations between the USA and Nigeria for the purpose of mutual strategic development and advancement of western political principles and agenda in Nigeria.
Based in Houston Texas, USA, ANPAC has as its goals.
1. The general development of the Federal republic of Nigeria as a democratic nation with a free market economy, free media and equal rights and justice for all.
2. Emphasize the need for the American Public, Government and policy makers to understand and operate a foreign policy agenda that will enhance the strategic importance of a stable, economically vibrant and progressive Nigeria.
3. Forster a strategic transfer of commerce and industry between the two countries particularly in the areas of, technology, manufacturing, aviation, agriculture and urban development.
4. The promotion of a robust partnership between the two countries in the areas of military training, defense hardware, law enforcement and crime prevention initiatives.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by maleekfrenzy(m): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
in your wildest dreams
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
Joke section
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by UbanmeUdie: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
shocked

In another millennium, Nigeria would still be a third world country while there might be no need for some to even think of a place called heaven other than the USA.

This topic is very ridiculous and unrealistic!

If OP were a prophet, I would call him a fake prophet after the order of the sons of scevas!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
I bet mynd44 two balls
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by DrGoodman: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
Comedy central grin

Nigeria will be a great nation only when it's divided.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Nbote(m): 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Oga go and take malaria and typhoid meds.. Dis is one of d early symptons
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by oladeebo: 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dejiteru:
NEWS RELEASE
RE: WE CAN BE A GREATER NATION THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
DATE OF RELEASE: OCTOBER 12th 2017
CONTACT EMAIL: anewnigerianow@gmail.com

NIGERIA CAN BE A GREATER NATION THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA…………

Fellow Nigerians once again the leader of our country President M. Buhari in his national broadcast commemorating 57 years of Nigeria’s independence, failed to address issues of importance to the common man and his plan for a future that might produce Hope, equity and fair play to the average Nigerian.
My countrymen and women this situation is no longer tenable and the direction the country is going is not only unacceptable but might in fact be catastrophic. Despite their best intentions, our leaders seem to have no idea on how to move the country forward using the implements of democracy or for that matter plan a path to a better future for our youth.
Granted there is no perfect society anywhere in the universe however whenever a democratic nation is in crisis or faced with an unforeseen situation it should be able to refer to its constitution for answers, not so in today’s Nigeria where our growth is stalled in the 19th century. Our constitution is neither serving the Governed nor the Government hence the stalemate and decay that pervades every facet of our civil society. Properly Governed, Nigeria should be one of the strongest 20 countries of the world and that is using some of the most conservative indices, so the question is? Why is it not? As uncomfortable as that question sounds, the answer is even more scary, you see if that analysis is correct which it is, then there are only two (2) possible answers neither of which is re assuring. First is that our leaders don’t want progress for all or 2 our leaders don’t know how to achieve progress for all.
Nigeria can no longer afford to continue down this road, otherwise what we see facing us is the dis integration of what was meant to be a great country, that is why Today we are committing ourselves to put a stop to this ugly narrative and pull all the resources that we can muster from Nigerians around the Globe to bring the much desired and much needed change to our country.
What we currently have is not working and will never work unless we make a major shift in our focus and direction. After all insanity they say is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time.
Our current leaders God bless them have done their best but that’s not good enough, our people are suffering and without hope due to no fault of theirs while those of us not directly affected by this travesty are enjoying the benefit of a sophisticated western society and doing nothing to change the narrative.
Today we at ANPAC are committing ourselves to bringing an end to this suffering and pervasive discontent. Our country needs new breed of leaders and a well-meaning populist ideology, up till now we have always had to choose from a pool of corrupt candidates, for that to change and indeed for Nigeria to change, we must offer our people a choice in 2019, we must find a candidate outside of the current establishment, one with a vision guided by a progressive ideology. No longer should our people be made to choose from a quota system of evil entitlement imposed by our major political parties. Notice the wanton equanimity with which politicians change parties in Nigeria, that alone should tell you that our politicians don’t have any ideology and our political parties have no platform or plan. So I ask that you join us in our effort to elect a Man or Woman of the people as president of Nigeria in 2019. God bless you all God bless the USA and God bless the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
ABOUT ANPAC
The America-Nigeria political action committee (ANPAC) aims at forging strong bilateral relations between the USA and Nigeria for the purpose of mutual strategic development and advancement of western political principles and agenda in Nigeria.
1. The general development of the Federal republic of Nigeria as a democratic nation with a free market economy, free media and equal rights and justice for all.
2. Emphasize the need for the American Public, Government and policy makers to understand and operate a foreign policy agenda that will enhance the strategic importance of a stable, economically vibrant and progressive Nigeria.
3. Forster a strategic transfer of commerce and industry between the two countries particularly in the areas of, technology, manufacturing, aviation, agriculture and urban development.
4. The promotion of a robust partnership between the two countries in the areas of military training, defense hardware, law enforcement and crime prevention initiatives.

op,
tell ANPAC they even blind than those leaders!
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by gidgiddy: 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nigeria has no unity of purpose except oil and that is why it is doomed.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
maleekfrenzy:
in your wildest dreams

Of course this is my dream for Nigeria, I am already living my dream life, I happen to think every child of God deserves to realize their dreams. I am so sorry that my dream is unfortunately your Nightmare. Focus on the message not the messenger but then its okay if you want to bring it on I will not be bullied from sharing what i believe is a Good thing for my country.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
gidgiddy:
Nigeria has no unity of purpose except oil and that is why it is doomed.

To the contrary Nigeria has a unity of purpose it's called get rich quick but let somebody else do the job. The naysayers push back on every progressive idea just so they can have something to talk about. Nigeria has the Largest economy in Africa with only 2 viable industries (Banking & Oil)imagine how big our economy will be if we have say oh 15 industries. Please free your mind and embrace alternative opinions and strategy for growth and please read more than headlines before you make a comment. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
oladeebo:

op,
tell ANPAC they even blind than those leaders!

Leave the op out of this I can answer you but first tell me which of these ANPAC stated position is blind?
ABOUT ANPAC

Now ask yourself this 2 Questions. Why are our lawmakers running away from the 1979 constitution fashioned after and I dare say is even better than the US constitution because the drafters of that constitution were able to incorporate the amendments in the body of the constitution Then ask yourself Why if we are practicing a constitutional democracy after the American system of government why then are we so buried deep in rear end of the Chinese? ANPAC do not deserve your insults rather take a look at the entire premise of their position on Governance and argue against that.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nbote:
Oga go and take malaria and typhoid meds.. Dis is one of d early symptons

Lol Cyber bullies everywhere on Nairaland trying to use ogboju to argue a topic beyond there comprehensive abilities your communication skill betrays your ability to have an input on this topic but then I will still defend your right to make a fool out of yourself hiding behind an assumed name. Why on earth is this symptomatic of us a people we like good things but we will rather trek across the desert to go look for it rather than have it as a homegrown norm. I will take my chances with an organization that wants a good thing for Nigeria today than the so called heroes that have brainwashed you to feel the way you do. Sometimes its better to step aside when a problem is beyond your capacity for solution and let capable people tackle the issue, that is the message you and people like you should be telling our so called leaders. step aside let someone else tackle our problems you have had 57 years that should be enough. Can you at least do that its a complete sentence not a headline you only have to read one line on this one. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 11:51pm On Oct 12, 2017
DrGoodman:
Comedy central grin

OMG really? seriously Nobody sees any sense in this post? I do and I embrace it wholeheartedly. To address your point however, I understand our cultural proclivity for skepticism and doubt but let us look at history, Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Zaire, Sudan Ethiopia which one of them benefited from breaking up? besides if we break up the Giant will become the 7 dwarfs. Our image and strength comes from our size and judging by the analysis of this post I am convinced that some people believe in multiplication by division. Nigeria has never been run right can we at least fix that in 2019 before we start talking about break up? Replace them all drain the swamp and watch a new and great Nigeria grow out of the swamp. i'm just saying

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Justiceleague1: 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
DrGoodman:
Comedy central grin
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
Joke section

Who did this to you? Are you saying because we are Nigerians we don't deserve a good thing? You do understand that the people who issued this press release live and work in the USA, so what do you know about how America works that they don't know? Funny thing is you will sell your arm and a leg to get to America if that's what it takes (please go ahead tell me i'm wrong) yet you don't want the American way of life in Nigeria even if it is only 10% possible but I see your dilemma if Nigeria become American like it will take away the romanticization of America as the choice destination of the guy man right? A beg Carry go. Spend your time promoting growth not corrupt leadership unless you are a big fan of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2017
grin
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by obonujoker(m): 1:52am On Oct 13, 2017
With the current system Nigeria is being run, it can never be good..... stop wasting your time....
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Paperwhite(m): 2:02am On Oct 13, 2017
There is nothing absolutely great about this shit country as @ today.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by ifyan(m): 3:42am On Oct 13, 2017
Though if the Nation hot it right from independence, l believe the nation would have been in move advanced place but greater than USA hmm.

Fat story.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by molydonhenry(m): 3:49am On Oct 13, 2017
Too much weed!
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Chisolu: 5:09am On Oct 13, 2017
U v said it all. their reasoning ability is unable to put one plus one together to get two. The logic u put forward is totally beyond them... This is the best they can offer. Pity.. The worst type of laziness is laziness of the brain.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by gidgiddy: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2017
Dejiteru:

To the contrary Nigeria has a unity of purpose it's called get rich quick but let somebody else do the job. The naysayers push back on every progressive idea just so they can have something to talk about. Nigeria has the Largest economy in Africa with only 2 viable industries (Banking & Oil)imagine how big our economy will be if we have say oh 15 industries. Please free your mind and embrace alternative opinions and strategy for growth and please read more than headlines before you make a comment. Thanks

Face reality. Nigeria is just the result of colonial adventurism. In reality, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba dont really care about each other. Nigeria has unifying factor, no unity of purpose, no patriotism and no national cohesion. Nigeria is not a nation, it is a country. Igbos like me want out of this colonial contraption
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by oladeebo: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2017
Dejiteru:

Leave the op out of this I can answer you but first tell me which of these ANPAC stated position is blind?
ABOUT ANPAC

Now ask yourself this 2 Questions. Why are our lawmakers running away from the 1979 constitution fashioned after and I dare say is even better than the US constitution because the drafters of that constitution were able to incorporate the amendments in the body of the constitution Then ask yourself Why if we are practicing a constitutional democracy after the American system of government why then are we so buried deep in rear end of the Chinese? ANPAC do not deserve your insults rather take a look at the entire premise of their position on Governance and argue against that.
pls stop, these were the same line our government is following since times, but here is where we are, because, No win win in any diplomacy, it's win, lose, our country will continue to lose to the developed country until our expertise and technique of know how can fill the gap of our demand!
it's just simple as that!
when 70% of our annual budget end-up at the pocket of developed country, how can we dream of parity with them.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by princemillla(m): 11:22am On Oct 13, 2017
No doubt. We have what it takes but will greediness give us a chance
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 13, 2017
excess weed smoking

Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by DrGoodman: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dejiteru:

OMG really? seriously Nobody sees any sense in this post? I do and I embrace it wholeheartedly. To address your point however, I understand our cultural proclivity for skepticism and doubt but let us look at history, Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Zaire, Sudan Ethiopia which one of them benefited from breaking up? besides if we break up the Giant will become the 7 dwarfs. Our image and strength comes from our size and judging by the analysis of this post I am convinced that some people believe in multiplication by division. Nigeria has never been run right can we at least fix that in 2019 before we start talking about break up? Replace them all drain the swamp and watch a new and great Nigeria grow out of the swamp. i'm just saying

Nigeria will ever remain a dwarf, even in 1000 years time, even if Azikiwe or Awolowo will come back and rule again now. We are past the point of hope. The problem is with the leadership which can never be gotten right. One forward step and 20 backwards, in fact, we are tired.

We are tired of being killed
We are tired of being maimed
We are tired of being slaves
Of trying to understand
Of sacrificing our men and resources for 60 years with nothing to show for it.

The country can never progress until it breaks.
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by SalamRushdie: 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
Let's no decieve ourselves it's not possible
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Tamass: 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2017
See all dem dead hopeless brains..if you all know its not possible to rennovate nigeria then please stop feeding us with your useless rants on social media always complaining and criticising
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Tamass: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
princemillla:
No doubt. We have what it takes but will greediness give us a chance
Thank you jaree...and we the youths are also a major hindrance to this development...we always channel our aggression towards the wrong channel

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2017
obonujoker:
With the current system Nigeria is being run, it can never be good..... stop wasting your time....

My learned obonujoker, If this was meant to be the response to the article you just read, do you realize you just agreed with it? What exactly didn't you get is it the Grammar or the Logic?
Re: Nigeria Can Be A Greater Nation Than The United States Of America by Dejiteru: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
Tamass:

Thank you jaree...and we the youths are also a major hindrance to this development...we always channel our aggression towards the wrong channel
Thank you Lord, God bless you Tamass, 90 million Nigerians between the ages of 15 - 45 and we still electing 70 year old presidents. Our defensive posture after someone makes a progressive suggestion is the biggest reason we are being abused and ignored by our so called leaders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Cn I Become A Full Member Of Political Party(pdp) / Colonial Banking History Of Nigeria. UNION BANK. / Why I’ve Not Visited United States — Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.