Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? (5305 Views)

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi / South West Nigeria An Envy Of Other Regions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
omenka:
Ignore some of these folks, they know nothing more than spreading hate messages on cyberspace.

Don't these people ever get tired??
Why are they always spoiling for fights?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by kokoA(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The middle belt are better known for *Anywhere wey bellle face*

The follow the core North when the Hausa is in power and cry against their marginalisation by Hausa fulanis when Southerners are in power.
I'm sorry but you don't know what you are saying. The middlebelt is one of the regions that vote with "sense" in Nigeria. In 2007 they voted massively for Late. Umaru Yaradua, they got the number 3 position (Senator David Mark), in 2011 they voted massively for GEJ and retained thesame position, when GEJ messed up, they voted against him and guess what? They still got the number 3 position (Senator Bukola Saraki). I know one major region that has been deputizing the middlebelt in the senate since 2007 till date grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
kokoA:
I'm sorry but you don't know what you are saying. The middlebelt is one of the regions that vote with "sense" in Nigeria. In 2007 they voted massively for Late. Umaru Yaradua, they got the number 3 position (Senator David Mark), in 2011 they voted massively for GEJ and retained thesame position, when GEJ messed up, they voted against him and guess what? They still got the number 3 position (Senator Bukola Saraki). I know one major region that has been deputizing the middlebelt in the senate since 2007 till date grin

Hehehehehehe yet they call them slaves. Lol. No kill me with laff abeg

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by omenka(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Don't these people ever get tired??
Why are they always spoiling for fights?
That is because life is very hard for them and misery is a constant companion of theirs. They can hardly have time for anything else than try to infect others with their sorrow.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by omenka(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
kokoA:
Baba, how many bottles of Hero you fit consume This ya post ehn!! grin
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by doctokwus: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
omenka:
Bros stop dey lie jor. Whhich tiv jukun crises?? When was the last time you heard about such?? Those were very rare and isolated incidents and hardly last more than a couple of days. You talk about Ombatse as though anyone even knew they existed until police raided them.

The North Central is undoubtedly the most peaceful region of this country, save for Plateau where you have recurrence of violence in some remote parts from rampaging herdsmen.

How does it affect your livelihood admitting that the region is the most peaceful?? Which kain badbelle come be dis one
Seems u have a soft spot for the region.Just don't totally agree its d most peaceful,one of d most peaceful maybe.
If u have ever witnessed a Plateau religious crisis, then that alone could skew your perception.
If u people have a majority opinion that it is d most peaceful,so be it.Has nothing to do with badbellism.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by atlwireles: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
Other regions refuse to become the land of death. Can never understand why you people like lying to yourselves. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided. Please give us the body count of dead Nigerians since 1999. Where are tens of Nigerians killed daily without any recourse to justice? What is there to emulate in the middlebelt? How to die like chicken lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
doctokwus:

Seems u have a soft spot for the region.Just don't totally agree its d most peaceful,one of d most peaceful maybe.
If u have ever witnessed a Plateau religious crisis, then that alone could skew your perception.
If u people have a majority opinion that it is d most peaceful,so be it.Has nothing to do with badbellism.

You're really missing the point of this thread. We are not talking about being the most peaceful. We are talking about politiical strategies. Have you seen any middlebelt group fighting about marginaziation or whatever annoying things other regions whine about?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by kokoA(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
omenka:
Baba, how many bottles of Hero you fit consume This ya post ehn!! grin
Since na Hero you fit afford, just give your boy 3 only.. I for like Heineken or orijin pass sha.. but at all at all na ehm bad pass. grin
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by CSTR2: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by EasternLion: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Follow
@minorityNigeria on twitter and ask tell me if u will like to be from there

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
CSTR2:
What a retardded thread.
Voting for imbeciles that has turned Nigeria into a fourth world dunghill .
Sets of pacifists that are satisfied with the status quo.
As long as Nigeria remains one ,they don't care if the country has no future. Completely aversed to radical and monumental changes.
Who the hell breed these kind of people?

Shhhhhhh! Ya whiner. tongue
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by mofayodeyahoo: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Wise men are from east..so Bible describe....

Ok on this issue i conceed

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by KinkyAngela(f): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
lygn19:
Where is KinkyAngela, Erocticangelina, and the rest from undecided undecided
Bida, Niger State
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
KinkyAngela:
Bida, Niger State
Yes AKA middlebelt. Thank you.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by KinkyAngela(f): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

KinkyAngela is staunchly pro APC and Buhari. She is as jolly, peaceful and strategic as they come.
i am not pro APC. I am pro good governance, peaceful and prosperous Nigeria. I also detest the Yibs i no go lie.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
KinkyAngela:
i am not pro APC. I am pro good governance, peaceful and prosperous Nigeria. I also detest the Yibs i no go lie.

Lol at the yibs. I know your moniker sha. Nice character
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Francis5: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Do you know anyone that is very humble, peaceful, unassuming, adaptive, fun, yet intelligent irrespective of their religion? Check their state of origin, they're most likely from the middlebelt! Save for a few bad eggs, most have very endearing qualities.
I grew more respect for them during the elections, I thought they were going to vote against Buhari being a Fulani man because of the way fulani herdsmen and people bully them on their lands. But surprisingly, they gave majority votes to APC even though there's also a large Christian population there. It shows they may not be phyical fighters but they can reason strategically.

The North central is the only region that hardly has militants, "freedom fighters", or whatever silly, violent, directionless, selfish, groups all other regions have.

They go about their businesses without creating drama and irritaing tantrums at the drop of a hat. Sometimes they're mistaken for "slaves" or docile people but there's a difference between being docile and wise. They're wise enough to know that fighting for their own country when they know they're not economically, socially, or politically ready to stand on their own two feet or allowing some selfish politicians to use their youths to fight "marginalization" is just NOT the way out.

The rest of us should please borrow a leaf from them. We need it urgently.

This is crap. So there are no militants in MB? What is the name of that political cult in Nasarawa State again? Ombuste or something like that?
Plus, have they not been fighting back and killing Fulanis in retaliation? We even read that they eat the flesh of their Fulani victims http://newsrescue.com/birom-christians-eat-roasted-flesh-of-muslims-they-killed-in-jos-nigeria/#axzz3h6cBuLKT
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
Francis5:

This is crap. So there are no militants in MB? What is the name of that political cult in Nasarawa State again? Ombuste or something like that?
Plus, have they not been fighting back and killing Fulanis in retaliation? We even read that they eat the flesh of their Fulani victims http://newsrescue.com/birom-christians-eat-roasted-flesh-of-muslims-they-killed-in-jos-nigeria/#axzz3h6cBuLKT

What I can see there is birom "Christians" just some aggrieved people. Do they have a stage name? Where are those same people now? Have they been and fighting making demands on the govt like MEND, MASSOB, OPC and co? How often do you hear of them?

It's quite sad that the average Nigerian has VERY disturbingly low comprehension skills.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by kishimi8(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I'm not talking about the usual communal clashes. And most of these clashes esp the religious ones are caused by the fulanis and kanuris in their region. I'm talking as per National politics.

How did kanuri end up in middle belt, shows you really don't know what you are talking about.
And fulanis have always been in middle belt, they have kings there also, only problem is they are minority.

Lastly I hate when people always label the fulani man as the constant agitator, sometimes they get attacked first, and no one cries foul, yet when they retaliate the media then labels them the agitators, just Cuz they don't own the media,

... back to the topic, the voting pattern from the last election was influenced by the general disaffection with the president and the insults his wife made against the north , , also the realisation by the middlebeltans that the average south east earner or ss man does not differentiate between them and a hausa man ( be they Muslim or Christian ) made them fall in line and vote for Buhari
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
kishimi8:

How did kanuri end up in middle belt, shows you really don't know what you are talking about.
And fulanis have always been in middle belt, they have kings there also, only problem is they are minority.

Lastly I hate when people always label the fulani man as the constant agitator, sometimes they get attacked first, and no one cries foul, yet when they retaliate the media then labels them the agitators, just Cuz they don't own the media,

... back to the topic, the voting pattern from the last election was influenced by the general disaffection with the president and the insults his wife made against the north , , also the realisation by the middlebeltans that the average south east earner or ss man does not differentiate between them and a hausa man ( be they Muslim or Christian ) made them fall in line and vote for Buhari

I know. I know.

There are few kauris in the middlebelt. To my understanding, The kanuris are actually the most violent northerners although everyone calls all of them Hausas.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by kishimi8(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I know. I know.

There are few kauris in the middlebelt. To my understanding, The kanuris are actually the most violent northerners although everyone calls all of them Hausas.

There are no kanuris in the middle belt lady.. only yobe and borno, kanuris do not like leaving their zones. They always prefer their area, even with the bh wah ala they have not left their states enmasse
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
kishimi8:

There are no kanuris in the middle belt lady.. only yobe and borno, kanuris do not like leaving their zones. They always prefer their area, even with the bh wah ala they have not left their states enmasse

You cannot tell me that there is no single kanuri in the MB. That will be claiming oversabi. Even if there are no group of settlers there, there will be people doing business, trade, or schooling there. I know a Kanuri man that has spent almost all his life in Lagos that is in faraway SW not to talk of MB that is nearer. I see a lot of Kanuris in Lagos. I can spot them by their dressing. I'm not saying there will be much, I'm saying that there will be a few of them. Few.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by kishimi8(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

You cannot tell me that there is no single kanuri in the MB. That will be claiming oversabi. Even if there are no group of settlers there, there will be people doing business, trade, or schooling there. I know a Kanuri man that has spent almost all his life in Lagos that is in faraway SW not to talk of MB that is nearer. I see a lot of Kanuris in Lagos. I can spot them by their dressing. I'm not saying there will be much, I'm saying that there will be a few of them. Few.

Every tribe goes for business in other lands, but you never said that, all you said was they fight over there how can a few people that stay in another man's land for business start fights. ? . It's like me going to ebonyi and start fighting the locals.

I would like to know how you can identify a kanuri man or woman from their clothing only, that would be interesting..

I just hope you are not talking about or mistaking bororo fulani or niger Hausa's with kanuri people o
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
kishimi8:

Every tribe goes for business in other lands, but you never said that, all you said was they fight over there how can a few people that stay in another man's land for business start fights. ? . It's like me going to ebonyi and start fighting the locals.

I would like to know how you can identify a kanuri man or woman from their clothing only, that would be interesting..

I just hope you are not talking about or mistaking bororo fulani or niger Hausa's with kanuri people o

You be Kanuri man abi? Na so your body come hot.

I'm talking about kanuris living in the MB and in other parts for whatever purposes. Your first defense made it sound like there are no kanuris at all outside Yobe and Borno.
I know how Kanuris dress. Trust me. The ones I'm talking about usually move in groups (women). They are obviously kanuris. and I also know a Kanuri that has stayed in Lagos for ages (there would be more of them for sure). Come to think of it, do you live in Yobe or Borno
As for visitors who fight the locals, like seriously! You've never seen such cases Anyway if it would make you feel better, not only kanuris fight their hosts. It happens everywhere in the the country and the world in fact. Now will you drop this argument now?
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by kishimi8(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

You be Kanuri man abi? Na so your body come hot.

I'm talking about kanuris living in the MB and in other parts for whatever purposes. Your first defense made it sound like there are no kanuris at all outside Yobe and Borno.
I know how Kanuris dress. Trust me. The ones I'm talking about usually move in groups (women). They are obviously kanuris. and I also know a Kanuri that has stayed in Lagos for ages (there would be more of them for sure). Come to think of it, do you live in Yobe or Borno
As for visitors who fight the locals, like seriously! You've never seen such cases Anyway if it would make you feel better, not only kanuris fight their hosts. It happens everywhere in the the country and the world in fact. Now will you drop this argument now?

ok im pacified now , issue dropped, just looking out for my bros
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by melzabull(f): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
lygn19:
Where is KinkyAngela, Erocticangelina, and the rest from undecided undecided
That's how people like you are fooled, its a pity. er0ticangelina, kinkyangelina, gspotangela is one and thesame person -a Yoruba tribalist and chronic igbo hater from South West who claims he is a northerner from middle belt.

The fool created those monikers to clone the real owner of the username eroticangelina after she blasted them in a particular thread. Fall for those hopeless yoloba tribalists at your own risks. They have created tens of accounts claiming to come from every part of the country SS, SE North cheesygrin

Take this info as a privileged information, but if you wish to continuously to be fooled, your business. This is the real eroticangelina's profile cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/eroticangelina

As per this useless thread, its just the op's dumb opinion
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
kishimi8:

ok im pacified now , issue dropped, just looking out for my bros

Lol. Ok
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by ArodewilliamsT: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Are SS not minorities as well?? And please don't tell me they (middlebelt) have nothing to fight for.
Look here, NO SINGLE region in this country is strong enough to stand alone. NONE. The south West might be the mnost politically mature BUT they still have a long way to go economically and socially.

When God was creating us did he create you and i as political siemese twins. I know you on this forum You whine Igbo this, Igbo that. Igbo can't survive this, they can't survive that! Thank you for looking out for us Madame Saint Nwagba! Start asking for your own country not the map created in Europe by imperialist. The survival of Africa depends on a disintegrated Liegeria. Else there will be a conflagration never before seen in the history of mankind. Peaceful division is all i stand for. We can make good neighbours with good fences.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Do you know anyone that is very humble, peaceful, unassuming, adaptive, fun, yet intelligent irrespective of their religion? Check their state of origin, they're most likely from the middlebelt! Save for a few bad eggs, most have very endearing qualities.
I grew more respect for them during the elections, I thought they were going to vote against Buhari being a Fulani man because of the way fulani herdsmen and people bully them on their lands. But surprisingly, they gave majority votes to APC even though there's also a large Christian population there. It shows they may not be phyical fighters but they can reason strategically.

The North central is the only region that hardly has militants, "freedom fighters", or whatever silly, violent, directionless, selfish, groups all other regions have.

They go about their businesses without creating drama and irritaing tantrums at the drop of a hat. Sometimes they're mistaken for "slaves" or docile people but there's a difference between being docile and wise. They're wise enough to know that fighting for their own country when they know they're not economically, socially, or politically ready to stand on their own two feet or allowing some selfish politicians to use their youths to fight "marginalization" is just NOT the way out.

The rest of us should please borrow a leaf from them. We need it urgently.

They voted because Buhari apologised to them over the killings of their men and promise that he'll end the insecurity in these regions and address herdsmen clashes and Alas! none of these promises have been fulfilled!
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chiaka:

They voted because Buhari apologised to them over the killings of their men and promise that he'll end the insecurity in these regions and address herdsmen clashes and Alas! none of these promises have been fulfilled!

Apart from BH, I can't remember the last time there was a communal clash.
There will still be a few of course. But if Buhari does his homework well, it will be greatly reduced.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Charges Ministers To Work Harder As Exco Marks One Year / See The Aftermath Of A Man Who Shouted "Sai Baba" At A Filling Station / Meet The New Emire, The King Of Ballot Box Snachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.