Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? (5402 Views)

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi / South West Nigeria An Envy Of Other Regions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

Yes...I am sooooo irritating and filled with hate. Ugh!!!

Look at me causing a fracas in this beautiful and nice thread on the internet. How violent and hateful. embarassed embarassed

Middle-belters please continue being the most peaceful and Jolly region in the country (where it matters -votes!).

Riots and crises not included

Let me take my irritating and hateful arse out of this well thought out and obviously intelligent thread. Duh!!!!!!!!!

Your post cracked me up!!! The "duh" killed me!
cheesy
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Apart from BH, I can't remember the last time there was a communal clash.
There will still be a few of course. But if Buhari does his homework well, it will greatly reduced.

These are few of the fresh attacks am not even talking about the numerous past ones

Taraba State http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/taraba-4-killed-scores-injured-in-fresh-attack-by-fulani-herdsmen/214379/
Niger State http://leadership.ng/news/449721/2-killed-in-herdsmen-villagers-clash-in-niger
Benue State http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/15/28-soldiers-lost-to-farmers-fulani-herdsmen-clashes-and-insurgency/
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jus posted you above few of the recent clashes

I the advice of Senator Ben Bruce - PDP Senator from South/South is followed most of these herdmens clashes will become a thing of the past

http://www.informationng.com/2015/07/sen-ben-murray-bruce-proposes-solution-to-fulani-herdsmen-farmers-clashes-in-nigeria.html
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Duru1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Do you know anyone that is very humble, peaceful, unassuming, adaptive, fun, yet intelligent irrespective of their religion? Check their state of origin, they're most likely from the middlebelt! Save for a few bad eggs, most have very endearing qualities.
I grew more respect for them during the elections, I thought they were going to vote against Buhari being a Fulani man because of the way fulani herdsmen and people bully them on their lands. But surprisingly, they gave majority votes to APC even though there's also a large Christian population there. It shows they may not be phyical fighters but they can reason strategically.

The North central is the only region that hardly has militants, "freedom fighters", or whatever silly, violent, directionless, selfish, groups all other regions have.

They go about their businesses without creating drama and irritaing tantrums at the drop of a hat. Sometimes they're mistaken for "slaves" or docile people but there's a difference between being docile and wise. They're wise enough to know that fighting for their own country when they know they're not economically, socially, or politically ready to stand on their own two feet or allowing some selfish politicians to use their youths to fight "marginalization" is just NOT the way out.

The rest of us should please borrow a leaf from them. We need it urgently.

When one makes oneself irrelevant, one becomes a follower.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Apart from BH, I can't remember the last time there was a communal clash.
There will still be a few of course. But if Buhari does his homework well, it will greatly reduced.

I the advice of Senator Ben Bruce - PDP Senator from South/South is followed most of these herdmens clashes will become a thing of the past

http://www.informationng.com/2015/07/sen-ben-murray-bruce-proposes-solution-to-fulani-herdsmen-farmers-clashes-in-nigeria.html
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chiaka:

It's not as much as before.
Don't you think its better to pray for it to stop instead of throwing it at their faces? Huh?
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

It's not as much as before.
Don't you think its better to pray for it to stop instead of throwing it at their faces? Huh?

I don't know what your interest is but whats your cover up about. Better to sing it aloud so that it get addressed. I hate it when people try to cover up the reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chiaka:

I don't know what your interest is but whats your cover up about. Better to sing it aloud so that it get addressed. I hate it when people try to cover up the reality.

I'm not covering up anything. And you've missed the whole point of my thread unless you want to say that it's Buhari's fault that fulanis have been attacking he middlebeltans for over 17 years now.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by nickxtra(m): 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Do you know anyone that is very humble, peaceful, unassuming, adaptive, fun, yet intelligent irrespective of their religion? Check their state of origin, they're most likely from the middlebelt! Save for a few bad eggs, most have very endearing qualities.
I grew more respect for them during the elections, I thought they were going to vote against Buhari being a Fulani man because of the way fulani herdsmen and people bully them on their lands. But surprisingly, they gave majority votes to APC even though there's also a large Christian population there. It shows they may not be phyical fighters but they can reason strategically.

The North central is the only region that hardly has militants, "freedom fighters", or whatever silly, violent, directionless, selfish, groups all other regions have.

They go about their businesses without creating drama and irritaing tantrums at the drop of a hat. Sometimes they're mistaken for "slaves" or docile people but there's a difference between being docile and wise. They're wise enough to know that fighting for their own country when they know they're not economically, socially, or politically ready to stand on their own two feet or allowing some selfish politicians to use their youths to fight "marginalization" is just NOT the way out.

J. S. Tanka was a millitant; Joseph Waku is a verbal militant; Bukola Saraki is political militant; Prof. Jerry Gana is a political prostitute, etc, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by PassingShot(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

You make some sense.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by CyberWolf: 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Once she finished getting laid, she come here with empty brain to yarn dust.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by ShowYourCertificate: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
PassingShot:

You make some sense.
"Some" sense? That's a soft insult on Sweetlemon grin
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
lygn19:
Where is KinkyAngela, Erocticangelina, and the rest from undecided undecided
are u referring to me or another eroticcangeliina
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I'm not covering up anything. And you've missed the whole point of my thread unless you want to say that it's Buhari's fault that fulanis have been attacking he middlebeltans for over 17 years now.

Well he promised to address it in his inauguration speech so we are waiting!
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by excusemyfrench(m): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2015
I love the middle beltans so much that I think I'm gonna get a wife there. They're so detribalized and are peace loving people. If not for the fulani, the middle belt is indeed one of the nicest and safest places to live in Nigeria. Even when the Nigerian govt has failed and not recognized their worth most times, yet they keep a cook head. You don't hear them crying and rolling on the floor unlike those cry babies and wailers from South East. If only the people of the middle belt could have peace. The middle beltans should take their destiny into their hands and defend themselves against these fulani invaders once and for all, I would be the happiest man on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Ayus34(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Are SS not minorities as well?? And please don't tell me they (middlebelt) have nothing to fight for.
Look here, NO SINGLE region in this country is strong enough to stand alone. NONE. The south West might be the mnost politically mature BUT they still have a long way to go economically and socially.
So can u please tell me of any state in middle belt that is economically better than oyo, not to mention lagos, because I don't know ur point of economic?
All middle belt States are economically dead due to poor leadership, the region that produce the worst governors in d country, from kogi to jos, nothing to write about them..... And mind you talking about Abuja it is a pure civil service States where that add nothing to the got purse interms of internal generated revenue due to low real business activities.. .. go and check the Nigeria bureau statistics and see the rating of the North central in terms of economy activities to enlighten ur self and be proper informed, the worst region in the whole south is better than middle belt economically so what are you now saying?
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Duru1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
nickxtra:
J. S. Tanka was a millitant; Joseph Waku is a verbal militant; Bukola Saraki is political militant; Prof. Jerry Gana is a political prostitute, etc, etc

J. S. Tarka was dumbass turncoat and water-boy. After his followers in UMBC were massacred by the Fulani, Hausa, Kanuri and Nupe in 1964, he allowed himself to be used by Mobil, Fulani, Yoruba, Hausa, Kanuri and Nupe as a weeping jackass before the USA audience by telling them that crude oil flows from his region and USA should support Nigeria against Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by obontami: 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
KinkyAngela:
i am not pro APC. I am pro good governance, peaceful and prosperous Nigeria. I also detest the Yibs i no go lie.

my dear lets reason together their is no need for all that u posting

lets be friends

i promise to be the nicest brother around

i salute you
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
ephemm:
Is Kogi part of middlebelt?
Find out about Ebira people then come back and edit your post.
Shut the fvck up you ediot!
Stop spreading falsehood on social media.
Have you ever in your miserable life been to Ebira land in kogi state?
What is it about Ebira people you know of, personally experienced and sure of?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Two things wrong with the middle belt.

Poor leadership

and the muslims in the middle belt would prefer to be called a Northerner, infact they try as much as they can to convince themselves that they are Northerners.
Maybe because the region is officially called North central, I dunno.

The day they start to see themselves as a region(not part of the North east or North west) then they will forward.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
excusemyfrench:
I love the middle beltans so much that I think I'm gonna get a wife there. They're so detribalized and are peace loving people. If not for the fulani, the middle belt is indeed one of the nicest and safest places to live in Nigeria. Even when the Nigerian govt has failed and not recognized their worth most times, yet they keep a cook head. You don't hear them crying and rolling on the floor unlike those cry babies and wailers from South East. If only the people of the middle belt could have peace. The middle beltans should take their destiny into their hands and defend themselves against these fulani invaders once and for all, I would be the happiest man on earth.

smiley cool
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

These are few of the fresh attacks am not even talking about the numerous past ones

Taraba State http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/taraba-4-killed-scores-injured-in-fresh-attack-by-fulani-herdsmen/214379/
Niger State http://leadership.ng/news/449721/2-killed-in-herdsmen-villagers-clash-in-niger
Benue State http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/15/28-soldiers-lost-to-farmers-fulani-herdsmen-clashes-and-insurgency/

Hmmm, did the communities fight back?

There is a way they fight back and mark the place a no go area for fulani's and their cattle.

I can't remember the last time such happened in Kogi state especially Kogi central cos some years back the people actually fought back and killed lots and lots of their cattle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
Joavid:

Hmmm, did the communities fight back?

There is a way they fight back and mark the place a no go area for fulani's and their cattle.

I can't remember the last time such happened in Kogi state especially Kogi central cos some years back the people actually fought back and killed lots and lots of their cattle.

Agree this will be the solution for real. They should stop ignoring them ! They should do them an eye for 10 eyes and everyone go respect each other! They carrying AK47, who no fit carry arms! Nonsense indeed!
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

Agree this will be the solution for real. They should stop ignoring them ! They should do them an eye for 10 eyes and everyone go respect each other! They carrying AK47, who no fit carry arms! Nonsense indeed!

Yea. I don't think Buhari can do much about it TBH. You know this people are always on the move.

The chiefs and kings in those communities need to strategise and come up with a plan and involve the police if need be.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Chiaka(f): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
Joavid:

Yea. I don't think Buhari can do much about it TBH. You know this people are always on the move.

The chiefs and kings in those communities need to strategise and come up with a plan and involve the police if need be.

The heardmens don't involve police when they do their non sense why should the communities do
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by ephemm(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
ephemm:

Joavid:

Shut the fvck up you ediot!

Stop spreading falsehood on social media.

Have you ever in your miserable life been to Ebira land in kogi state?

What is it about Ebira people you know of, personally experienced and sure of?

You'll observe that I didn't say anything about the Ebira people in my post...
I hope U are not Ebira, because you have represented them well in your post. *ROTFL* grin
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
ephemm:
ephemm:

You'll observe that I didn't say anything about the Ebira people in my post...
I hope U are not Ebira, because you have represented them well in your post. *ROTFL* grin

You didn't say anything because you don't know anything apart from what you heard from someone who heard from another someone - the cycle goes on.

And yes am Ebira.

Rotfl laughing at your own silly sef eh.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chiaka:

The heardmens don't involve police when they do their non sense why should the communities do

That was just a suggestion.
Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Borrow a leaf means keep quiet when you're oppressed otherwise known as suffering and smiling. Accepting that the life of a Hausa/Fulani is worth more than any other. I think it's the nature of the people because they are satisfied with crumbs in the form of government appointments.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ayus34:

So can u please tell me of any state in middle belt that is economically better than oyo, not to mention lagos, because I don't know ur point of economic?
All middle belt States are economically dead due to poor leadership, the region that produce the worst governors in d country, from kogi to jos, nothing to write about them..... And mind you talking about Abuja it is a pure civil service States where that add nothing to the got purse interms of internal generated revenue due to low real business activities.. .. go and check the Nigeria bureau statistics and see the rating of the North central in terms of economy activities to enlighten ur self and be proper informed, the worst region in the whole south is better than middle belt economically so what are you now saying?

Na wa o. Some people's comprehension skills are just too poor. Where do I start explaining now?

But I'm sure you saw where I said that NO REGION is strong enough to stand alone. Meaning that although the SW is politically mature (to an extent) they still need a lot of work to be done socially and economically just like other regions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Is Two Southern Southern Candidates / 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March / Nigeria Is Africa’s Top Investment Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.