Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday (32348 Views)

I Want To Kill Myself Today Advice Me PICS / Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself / OAU Management Tells Students To Remain Indoors On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by lexy2014: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:
I will kill myself on Wednesday if am not able to sort this out. I'm tired of this life even though people around believe all is well with me.

I am a 23 year old undergraduate of University of Ilorin. I am a spill over student due for graduation last year. I had 2 courses for first semester and 5 courses for second semester, including project. I really tried my best this year, so that I can graduate. The trauma, depression, studying with my juniors, O God, after stressing myself reading day and night, preparing hard and settling project issues, just to discover that I failed 2 courses in second semester. I will now splash, not again.

I am pressing some buttons IF the courses can be waved. I discovered that I failed the two on friday after checking my results at the level adviser's office.

How will I inform my parents? I don't have a choice than to just end this if nothing can be done before Wednesday evening.

The pressure is just too much. I am the first born of my parent. They are expecting the good news not the splash news again, not after supporting me for a year.
If u were really interested in killing yourself, u won't announce it first. U even said u will do it on wednesday. Y wait till then? OK...u want people 2 talk u out of it. Instead of u 2 ask how u can pass your courses, u are threatening people with suicide. Guy humble yourself and ask d right questions

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:
I will kill myself on Wednesday if am not able to sort this out. I'm tired of this life even though people around believe all is well with me.

I am a 23 year old undergraduate of University of Ilorin. I am a spill over student due for graduation last year. I had 2 courses for first semester and 5 courses for second semester, including project. I really tried my best this year, so that I can graduate. The trauma, depression, studying with my juniors, O God, after stressing myself reading day and night, preparing hard and settling project issues, just to discover that I failed 2 courses in second semester. I will now splash, not again.

I am pressing some buttons IF the courses can be waved. I discovered that I failed the two on friday after checking my results at the level adviser's office.

How will I inform my parents? I don't have a choice than to just end this if nothing can be done before Wednesday evening.

The pressure is just too much. I am the first born of my parent. They are expecting the good news not the splash news again, not after supporting me for a year.

So because of course work you want to kill yourself, my brother had a carry over and survived, a classmate of mine who was 4 sets our senior if not for school issues still graduated with his juniors, I have nothing to say to you if this is what you consider as a cross. going by your words i should killed myself over what's being happening at work. The decision is yours, just know that, that your school life wahala is small compared to what kinda of things you will face when works starts and you are responsible for a large project. kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by NobleG1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:

Visit a hospital and you'll see people of all ages who have huge permanent or life-threatening health problems and yet they're there fighting for their lives, fighting to live!

There're hundreds of thousands if not millions on earth who fail one or more courses each year and most of them will try again and pass. Everybody is different, that's why some are good in Science class while others are good in Arts class.

To some, higher education is not for them. In fact, higher education isn't for everyone. Let's stop pretending it is. Why push students down educational paths that will likely result in them dropping out? Everybody should be given options that will help them succeed. You can still be successful without a University degree.

If you planned committing suicide because of a mere problem of 2 failed courses (something you can correct) then you don't deserve to live! If University is too hard for you, maybe it's not for you. Majority or half of rich people on earth don't have University degree and some even dropped out! The world's richest man, Bill Gates, (Microsoft co-founder) is a dropout. The world's richest young person, Mark Zuckerberg, (Facebook owner) is also a dropout and many others!

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
NobleG1:

Visit a hospital and you'll see people of all ages who have huge permanent or life-threatening health problems and yet they're there fighting for their lives, fighting to live!

There're hundreds of thousands if not millions on earth who fail one or more courses each year and most of them will try again and pass. Everybody is different, that's why some are good in Science class while some are good in Arts class.

To some higher education is not for them. In fact, higher education isn't for everyone. Let's stop pretending it is. Why push students down educational paths that will likely result in them dropping out? Everybody should be given options that will help them succeed.

If you planned committing suicide because of a mere problem of 2 failed courses (something you can correct) then you don't deserve to live! If University is too hard for you, maybe it's not for you. Majority or half of rich people on earth don't have University degree and some even dropped out! The world's richest man, Bill Gates, (Microsoft co-founder) is a dropout. The world's richest young man, Mark Zuckerberg, (Facebook owner) is also a dropout and many others!

God bless you my brother, University is not a yardstick for success.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by stan241(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
I hope you reading the different stories of folks who are commenting

I was very ill during my 200l and failed pratically all the courses, got to final year and same issues, i wrote 7 courses in my spill over year and somehow this one course kept dragging me back, the scores were always 36,37 and the last one was 39 in my 1st spill over year....you can imagine how i felt...then i took that same course again and got 38 in my 2nd spill over year last year

So 2yrs after graduation and still can't graduate, lemme not lie to you, its hard, your mates moving on with their lives, posting pictures on social media and you just stuck there but i knew i had to keep moving, keep believing that there was light at the end of the tunnel

I picked up teaching jobs through my adult education friends i used to tutor to pay up my extra year fees and pay my house rent, in short i was given a pay raise just after the first year teaching(here is someone without a certificate o), the principal said i was that good, a course mate who had even gone for service and came back called me asking to hook her up with a teaching job in town there where i was cus she heard i had helped out a few other people too, in just under a year, i had become a full time teacher, i took private lessons, tutored jamb centres in fact i was the one who was complaining of being tired, why cus I never gave up

The man who kept failing me was retired this year and the new lecturer said, "just enter the hall and sign attendance on exam day and I'll pass you" this was suppossed to be the 3rd year spill over

Only for someone i shared my problem with to write a letter to the HOD for me asking them(a dpt that never waives) to help me waive my result, only last week the dpt secretary said my letter had been attended to and sent to my course adviser to confirm that indeed its just that one course that's delaying me from graduating, all that's left now is for him to confirm and who knows i might even make it for 2nd batch this year by God's grace

Never give up, never let any problem make you consider taking your own life because its not the solution

I do hope you read this though and draw whatever strength you can from it

It is well with you in Jesus Name

6 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by firstclazz34(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Guy u better not try that rubbish, remember HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IS real, now back to you u think people donot have challenges in life, my elder Brother spent close to 3extra yrs in school nw he is out with a job and will soon be marrried. My friend with real solid results some lecturers hold am down to 2extra yrs before he could graduate nw he is a civil engineer living large, another one went to collect final yr result dem say his results from yr 2 were declared missing na so dem begin search for result, automatic extra yr.
So wat are u paranoid about simple extra yr u wan die put, instead pray u do not carry dem over if it still happens begin to look for ways to assist yrself if are ashamed of yr parents meeet yr uncles for next session registration or u pick up a menial job to earn something, let me tell u School life is very easy compaerd to wat u will face outside bigtime, so Guy do not try nonsence GOD and i also love u so much as a person for u to waste yr life because of stupid carry over

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by darlenese(f): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
It took me 8yrs to gain admission into the university becos of jamb, some of my secondary school classmates were already working when I finally pass my jamb and got into school, I didn't give up cos I knew I had a bright future, today I am happily married with kids, I have a business of my own and most times I receive CV's from my old classmates who had graduated many years ago. Do not draw conclusions based on your present situations God has a plan for you, it doesn't Matter how long it takes, if u decide to kill urself , it means u died out of impatience , don't even try to compare urself with anyone cos that s the reason u are contemplating suicide.
Please ask God for forgiveness for ever concieving this evil thought

4 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Oluwaplumpie(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dude, I had the same problems as u... Today I'm a University lecturer in the same school. Tell ur parents... Not telling mine on time is the worst mistake I made cos it made me lose out on the use of parental influence on the lecturers. Pls don't kill urself. Use this as a super spring board to life's success.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Eyya I know how u feel sha coz av bbeen in ur shoes bfr. But pls do not kill ursef. Just be patient
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Horlufemi(m): 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
fyneboi79:
What are you waiting for? Do you need suggestions on the fastest means?

Sniper fast well well. How I know? I drank 3 bottles in 2mins, died, then woke up again.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by moscyt(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellow being:

I'm sorry about your situation bro, but not graduating is not the end of the world, we've seen people graduating after using more than 5years in the university system. Sometimes what comes easy for other might be hard for you to get not cos they are better than you but just for you to appreciate it the more. I'm also a victim of this circumstance but I'm still alive. Don't always think of what your mates have achieved. Because they are making money doesn't mean they making your own. There is no first to reach or last to reach in success. You are hale and hearty, go to the hospital you will see a lot of peeps just praying for the opportunity to live their lives, they don't bother themselves with the issue of education, money or all those stuffs, just for them to be healthy. if you kill yourself, I can assure you that will be the beginning of your suffering and if you still want to do it I suggest you donate your organs and everything for those who still wants to live. You will be remembered for making the world a better place for them to live in.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by wasco8(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. think twice bro
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by oniresekamal(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
I want u to knw dat sucide is d greatest offence u can ever comit against ur life, its not d end of ur life pls Manny pray to pass true school bt dnt hav d opportunity u can always graduate God's tym is d best
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by chemister96(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Suicide isnt the solution. My advice is that for each course you failed, carefully find out why you failed. For example, you may have not understood the concepts of the courses. Another reason may be that you did not read the right materials. God bless you.

fellowbeing:

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by xp17(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:

I am a 23 year old undergraduate of University of Ilorin.
at age 23 some folks out there re still trying to get admitted into college. You think those successful guys you see out there never passed through brimstone and fire ? Or you think they never had challenges that could have made them had same thought you got now?

To make it in life, you must be ready to overcome and This is one of the challenges that needs to be out under subjection. After you must have passed through this phase of life, one day you'll look back and smile smiley and be glad you didn't take the easy route (suicide) .

School is good, but that isn't all you need to succeed. You can be a scholar of various disciplines and be unsuccessful in life and you can also be that guy who never went to college, but pulls all kinda crowd..

You need to go hard instead of going home(death) . this is the survival of the fittest and only the strong will survive. Just make up your mind that no matter how hard it appears, you gonna get the hell outta that tunnel.

If president buhari had given up is presidential ambition because of being a serial loser in the past, he wouldn't be the president of Nigeria today. Same applies to you. If you kill yourself today, you probably just killed that great tomorrow's leader .

My advise for you is to go back to get you stuff straight, no matter how long it takes and no matter how bad the outcome turns out to be, take it and hope for the best.

Good luck .

Suicide is a permanent bad solution to a temporary problem.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ogzille(m): 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
I laugh at you...

I have a friend that had:

1. 2 extra years
2. failed 8 out of 8 courses in a semester
3. had a low end 2.2
4. disappointed family and friends

Today:

1. He earns a comfortable 7 digit salary.
2. He is so happy
3. He even thinks the setback he had is divine.

Now,

1. Face your challenges
2. Plan for your future
3. An extra year is not enough to mar your future.

NB:

1. The dude is less than 30!
2. Not from a rich home
3. Has God as his only connection.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by adorablepepple(f): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:

Thanks bro, but you said borrowed courses meaning electives, the two courses are compulsory and are departmental courses.
Just die Abeg n Let's rest! Ah ah people are trying to encourage you, you r still proving stubborn. Please go and die, your parents n family will only mourn and live their life.Mtcheeeeew. you think some people dont have worse problem than this? Biko do What you like. Rest In pieces

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by InvertedHammer: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:

/
Extend my greetings to the people over there.
\
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nicepoker(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Just repeat courses u want to kill ur self. Finish and start searching for job u will know whatz up.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Op are u writing up to 12 courses as carry over and you are lamenting this way,myself for example after my final year I had 12 courses to rewrite ,but I didn't give up. I told myself dt after a year I will be done but I was wrong,1st extra year I passed 8 courses out of 11 wich I registered,it entered d 2nd extra year and I passed 3 more courses and failed 1 course but I didn't give up,my hope of graduating was fading away faster.Even my parents and siblings all was angry with me cause of my academic setback. I went to my juniors to teach me the course and even d lecturer.That course was THERMODYNAMICS and to make matters worse all the benefits I enjoyed like mobility and cash were withdrawn from me,I was treated like an outcast by my parents ,only the man dt leaved in our boys quarters was my means of communication.He always told me not to lose hope dt one day it will all be stories.By May 2014 I wrote exam and dude I passed the course with a C grade ,come and see F grade in d course,in d page where my name fall in ,just 2 others passed with E ,the remaining was F .Guy you can do it don't lose hope,if I was able to graduate I see no reason why you won't graduate.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by sweatlana: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
Look at the bright side. At least you passed 5 out of 7.

You need JESUS Bro...

everything happens for a reason. Don't give up!
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by RealEstate38: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by amb2015(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
it is only a coward that runs away when he encountered obstacles. what makes a man is his ability to rise when he fell. you want to take your life because of what people will say but you did not consider the eternal judgement that follow some after death and the pain your family will pass through? A Time comes in a man's life when it looks like the whole world has crumbled but if you persist, you will have a testimony.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by neweraomo: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Pls do kiss
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by alolatee(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
My op @fellowbeing, consider the God factor first who instituted life and as such, you are not the owner of your life.Therefore, if you take your own life, God will ask you for his property(your life) you've cut short.

Now to a practical life story of a fellow Unilorite who passed through the same situation as you.I gained admission in 2006 and studied Physics Education only to graduate in 2011 as against 2010.While i was in 200 level that i thought i had the best grades, unfortunately, Faculty of Education stopped declared some of my courses missing, some Eduacation courses.While looking for those courses one time, my HOD gave me a note to one of the lecturers concerned, when i got to him, i told him am looking for my so so and so course, he replied, do you want me to stand up and be looking for those courses?.I made up my mind i will need an extra year.When i got to 400 level, some Cbt couses i did, it was the kind hearted Faculty Officer who i have become accustomed to that helped me to obtain them.After an extra year, i finally finished.Having been sick all through my 300 level up to 400 level, some of the resit i did in Physics since they were elective, having been told to come today come tomorrow for the resits, i made up my mind that since they were electives i would not read them again and will just write whatever they presented in the resit.I had an option to ask from my fellow colleagues for the script so as to prepare for the resits adequately, but i did not.When the resits came up, i failed them without test and only exams.I thought everything was ok now that i was able to gather my results with the level adviser, but to my greatest surprise, when my colleagues were going for service, i was not mobilized.I had to wait till 2012 instead of 2011 for NYSC.My brother, am as bitter as anything if you will ask me.Even now, what am going through it has been Jesus who has been my succour.My brother-Job 14vs7 says 'there is hope for a tree if it be cut down, if its stump is dead in the earth, at the saint of water, it shall bud up.Also Job14vs14 says 'If a man dies, shall he live again, all the days of my appointed time will i wait, till my change come.My Brother,Those bones which were dry in Ezekiel37 came to life by the word of God.My final charge is that wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by harsysky(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
stan241:
I hope you reading the different stories of folks who are commenting

I was very ill during my 200l and failed pratically all the courses, got to final year and same issues, i wrote 7 courses in my spill over year and somehow this one course kept dragging me back, the scores were always 36,37 and the last one was 39 in my 1st spill over year....you can imagine how i felt...then i took that same course again and got 38 in my 2nd spill over year last year

So 2yrs after graduation and still can't graduate, lemme not lie to you, its hard, your mates moving on with their lives, posting pictures on social media and you just stuck there but i knew i had to keep moving, keep believing that there was light at the end of the tunnel

I picked up teaching jobs through my adult education friends i used to tutor to pay up my extra year fees and pay my house rent, in short i was given a pay raise just after the first year teaching(here is someone without a certificate o), the principal said i was that good, a course mate who had even gone for service and came back called me asking to hook her up with a teaching job in town there where i was cus she heard i had helped out a few other people too, in just under a year, i had become a full time teacher, i took private lessons, tutored jamb centres in fact i was the one who was complaining of being tired, why cus I never gave up

The man who kept failing me was retired this year and the new lecturer said, "just enter the hall and sign attendance on exam day and I'll pass you" this was suppossed to be the 3rd year spill over

Only for someone i shared my problem with to write a letter to the HOD for me asking them(a dpt that never waives) to help me waive my result, only last week the dpt secretary said my letter had been attended to and sent to my course adviser to confirm that indeed its just that one course that's delaying me from graduating, all that's left now is for him to confirm and who knows i might even make it for 2nd batch this year by God's grace

Never give up, never let any problem make you consider taking your own life because its not the solution

I do hope you read this though and draw whatever strength you can from it

It is well with you in Jesus Name

@Op what more need I say to you. The wonderful guy I've quoted has said it all. God bless him and Others that have felt the ur pain in their hearts. If the Devil doesn't go about roaring and looking for whom to devour, everyone on earth wud be jst all ryt. But God pass devil and you will tell someone One day how u had managed to overcome this.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by stan241(m): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
harsysky:

@Op what more need I say to you. The wonderful guy I've quoted has said it all. God bless him and Others that have felt the ur pain in their hearts. If the Devil doesn't go about roaring and looking for whom to devour, everyone on earth wud be jst all ryt. But God pass devil and you will tell someone One day how u had managed to overcome this.

Yea, trust me its hard but he has to remain prayerful and keep believing that it gets better in the end, he even has parents whom he can at least open up to about stuff like this which is a plus for him...i hope he heeds some of the advise he has been given here

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by kennyok(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:

Thanks bro, but you said borrowed courses meaning electives, the two courses are compulsory and are departmental courses.
bros I cant realy say wat prompt you to mention the word 'giveup' ,y l you allow the devil to enter you when you are at ur brkthrough,from what I can say abt waving of courses the simplest once are departmental courses and if you h.o.d is kind hearted your case will be a thing of the past..I m some one with worst case on splash as you call it but den we use spill,I had all my ist semester in 500l as carry plus two in my 2nd ,all this I remain determine just as you said I was the ist son nd will also be the ist graduate to my parent, I did. some 100,200 level course during my spill which according to my adviser I vent wrote before but I just laugh it out..like you said too,I too was good in my 100 nd 200 level nd to cut the whole story wen the spill result came out I had 6 carry over nd by God doing his work I was able to rectify 4 nd the oda two was waved.
nd during dat period my frd has told my parents dat he is not sure I will graduate dat yr again but after putting my trust in God nd he never failed me.. I called my dad to break the Good news to him nd I cant forget wat he told me dat day..he said im proud of you..Broda if realy you want to hear that word frm ur family nd frds ,then start seeing ursef a graduate nd a potential Corper .....Goodluk
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by meetcharles: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
Carry on dude. Study well in your next life. The world doesn't even need your type.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by iguita: 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Killing yourself is the worst thing you can ever do to yourself at this point. I really felt like insulting you but after reading comments of others, I realized that you might really need help. Sheybi you failed courses? I was delayed for almost 2 years despite that the courses that I failed were waivable. Did I kill myself? CAPITAL NO!!!. My mates graduated in July 2009, I went to serve in November 2011. My wife who was my girlfriend then was my classmate in secondary school, she graduated in 2008 (we were to grad together in 2008 but due to lasu strikes, I graduated in 2009). She went to serve, she started making money me still dey find how to serve....Did I kill myself? CAPITAL NO!!!. By the time I was posted to serve, my gf had dumped me that I was not ready for marriage Did I kill myself? CAPITAL NO!!!. At the end of the day, I serve, got job bought my babe a car. If I killed myself, them go don turn me to forgotten memory oooo but I dey today. I'm not the richest but I dey comfortable die. I don't know what your problem is oo but note that you are better than those who never to to tertiary institution. Note that there are some people who are praying to have this opportunity you have. In life, you will always meet problems, face it, over come it and prepare for the next problem. These are what will make you great. BTW, I needed to let you know how I almost ran mad when I saw (not hear oo, because I heard and did not believe) that my name was sent to senate for clearance.

Your failing a course is not the end of the world oo my brother, you will still buy cars for the lecturers that failed you. Please don't kill yourself so you can bask in the euphoria when telling your life story.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bro.....challenges are meant to be overcome....suicide is never a solution and please think about what it would do to your loved ones...especially your parents.....Just take a deep breathe, come up with a plan of action to not only pass the classes you failed, but to do extremely well in them..... Focus more on the positive aspects of your life while taking the bull by the horns and attacking the areas that need work.....Count your blessings and you will realize it isn't all bad........ life is beautiful my friend....Happiness is a CHOICE!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ban Of Naira Atm Usage Abroad – A Perfect Way Forward. / ABU Zaria Student ConstructsLeemah Mobil Barrier Sensitive As Final Year Project / FUTA Expels Six Students Who Attacked A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.