Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) (75964 Views)

Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Passengers Board Flights In Darkness At Murtala Mohammed Airport / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by amaben2020(m): 2:35am On Jul 26, 2015
A man loved by his people, The first Nigerian to use the word fellow Nigerians, the youngest full fledged 4star general, a detribalized Nigerian, RIP

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 2:38am On Jul 26, 2015
amaben2020:
A man loved by his people, The first Nigerian to use the word fellow Nigerians, the youngest full fledged 4star general, a detribalized Nigerian, RIP

Issorite!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by realtestament(m): 2:43am On Jul 26, 2015
GOD PUNISH DEVIL...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by ezeagu(m): 2:44am On Jul 26, 2015

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by jieta: 3:20am On Jul 26, 2015
The posters above me ...........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Oyetboy(m): 3:24am On Jul 26, 2015
whatever happens..... history prevails

2 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:24am On Jul 26, 2015
February 13, 1976 is date that will never be forgotten in the history of Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by arewafederation: 5:49am On Jul 26, 2015
onoja12:
story told from one side,it is on record that when the igbo got to benin they killed people like rats,same way they did the akwa ibom and port harcourt ,why was that left out

Don't mind those cry babies. Their rant was as expected.

Murtala was loved by all Nigerians irrespective of tribe and religion. The best president to ever rule Nigeria.

May his soul resy in peace!

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by OfoIgbo: 5:59am On Jul 26, 2015
arewafederation:

Don't mind those cry babies. Their rant was as expected.

Murtala was loved by all Nigerians irrespective of tribe and religion. The best president to ever rule Nigeria.

I am not aware of any official documentation of massacres carried out by Biafrans in Benin. However if it really happened, then Col. Banjo should be held responsible, afterall he was the commander of that force

26 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by abumeinben(m): 6:13am On Jul 26, 2015
A growth inhibited country will always assassinate true leaders

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by PassingShot(m): 6:23am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
For those unaware of the asaba massacre kindly find some details here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asaba_massacre

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/lawrence-chinedu-nwobu/remembering-murtala-muhammed-the-butcher-of-asaba.html
From your link I got this:
Federal troops revealed machine guns, and orders were given by Maj. Ibrahim Taiwo to open fire. It is estimated that more than 700 men and boys were killed, some as young as 12 years old, in addition to many more killed in the preceding days.

If it was reported that Major Taiwo was responsible for the massacre, why are you blaming it on Col. Murtala Muhammed? Or is it because he commanded Nigerian 2nd Division? Beside, all is fair in war and love.

Let every young man read up on the Civil war and understand that wars are not tea parties.

May Nigeria never ever experience another war in our history. Let those who want to secede find a peaceful means to do so.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by revolt(m): 6:26am On Jul 26, 2015
iamrealdeji:
so,some people hate Murtala? I've always been told he's the best leader ever in Nigeria
then go bck and read history, the asaba massacre was jes 1 of his legacies, find out what he did in 1966 during the reprisal coups in kano. He had a sick desire to kill civilians , women and children. Even in the airports.

12 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by arewafederation: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2015
OfoIgbo:

I am not aware of any official documentation of massacres carried out by Biafrans in Benin. However it is really happened, they Col. Banjo should be held responsible, afterall he was the commander of that force

Well, you always get different biased accounts from events of the civil war, thus it will be a great disservice to oneself, especially in this generation, to keep dwelling on such even after reconciliation has been made. After all, all is fair in War and love. grin

Fastforward to 1975 when he bacame head of state. No Nigerian leader has positively impacted on our political landscape within a short period of 7 months as did the Late Murtala.
The Ibos may call him whatever they want to, but he remains the best person to ever Lead Nigeria.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by arewafederation: 6:31am On Jul 26, 2015
revolt:
then go bck and read history, the asaba massacre was jes 1 of his legacies, find out what he did in 1966 during the reprisal coups in kano. He had a sick desire to kill civilians , women and children. Even in the airports.

Tell us more of what he did in Kano during the reprisal coup grand pa!

8 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by jauntty: 6:35am On Jul 26, 2015
[size=16pt]"All is fair in war and love"

One man's Hero is another man's Devil.

I remember some stories of the war told by my Grandpa about the Biafra invasion of Benin, and honestly both side were terrible.

I just hope that those cowards who hide behind the comfort of their cheap phones typing SECESSION and "give us Biafra " will not consider another war. If you must go, then go peacefully. War is never pleasant[/size]

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by tobloj(m): 6:37am On Jul 26, 2015
nitwits crying foul. this Ibo ppl gaan

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 26, 2015
My Government teacher in secondary school "Sir Kings" always said a lot of goodies about Murtala and I loved him then until I heard about Asaba massacre.

If truly he masterminded it and others, he should rot in hell. angry

7 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by benuejosh: 7:10am On Jul 26, 2015
Who is actually digging out all this old photos am seeing on nairaland this past days
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by rawtouch: 7:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Who was the driver that couldn't race at race course

1 Like

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Akshow: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
The butcher of Asaba!!! Killer of women and children!!! RIP BS Dimka God will surely reward you for bringing this war criminal to justice

U dumbarzzz forgot he was a soldier and defending his country. It was his call of duty. U act as if the killing was one sided. There were casualties on both sides.

27 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Governors At Malami's Son's Wedding As Attahiru Is Being Buried (Photo) / Soldiers Who Survived Boko Haram Attack In Borno (Pictures) / Buhari Signs N30,000 Minimum Wage, Reveals Implementation Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.