Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) (75995 Views)

Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Passengers Board Flights In Darkness At Murtala Mohammed Airport / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by templer001: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2015
IdiAmin1:
My Government teacher in secondary school "Sir Kings" always said a lot of goodies about Murtala and I loved him then until I heard about Asaba massacre.

If truly he masterminded it and others, he should rot in hell. angry

You're easy to deceive. Be careful the way u conclude. No president in the world is clean. Even obama ordered the killing of people using drones. Obasanjo and the Odi people, bush and iraq,.
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
For those unaware of the asaba massacre kindly find some details here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asaba_massacre

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/lawrence-chinedu-nwobu/remembering-murtala-muhammed-the-butcher-of-asaba.html
I never knew this about this man, this makes me hate English people and dislike American democrat party the more, they like to sit back and watch evil happen. And a warning to Igbos:Stop asking for Biafra ,if it will be then it will be on a negotiation/ treaty table, don't let other tribes coarse you into fighting the Nigerian state again as they will turn around and take advantage of the situation and you lose at the end.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Akshow: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2015
ceejayluv:

it's a documented genocide, man... Next you'll claim the holocaust didn't happen.

And the biafra soldiers were sitted arms folded abi? Abi the documented genocide as u call it didn't tell you there was casualties on both sides? Who goes to war with a nation's army and cry foul again? Dude all is fair in war. Move on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by thelastmediator: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2015
it baffles me when a part of the country blame everybody for their woes and not themselves.
Forgetting that their kinsmen were the key actor in the first coup that led to so many of the later bloodier events.

3 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2015
GreenUzzy:
You all so called yeebos should blame Ojukwu for whatever that had befalls you #lagoonMaterials
Even general gowon himself said ojukwu had no option but to defend his people, maybe you know something he does not know , if you do please start educating us.

2 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 26, 2015
nairaman66:

Yet you visit Wikipedia for enlightenment! Don't wallow in your double standards!!

I got that from policy and strategic studies dept,kuru
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by ogazi007(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Murtala was a good leader.What are you all expecting him to do,it's war for crying out loud.Israel vs Hamas fight,how many children and civilians that died...anyone?
War is not good let us pray we don't witness War again.
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by knostbrown01(m): 9:28am On Jul 26, 2015
Asaba massacre was fought under the civil war just like hiroshima under 2nd world war. Is d right of Murtala Ramat Muhammed to defend his empire because ur so called leader(OJUKWU) failed woefully to see that it was a lost battle,
"Biafran blew up onitsha bridge but murtala boys manoeuvre and unleash the terror u prayed to imagined never to experience on your kinsmen at Onitsha", and u now crying like baby seeking breastfeed. Smh
RIP The Best President in the History of Nigeria so far

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Who Survived Boko Haram Attack In Borno (Pictures) / Buhari Signs N30,000 Minimum Wage, Reveals Implementation Date / Photo Of The Accident That Killed Patience Jonathan's Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.