Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) (75952 Views)

Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Passengers Board Flights In Darkness At Murtala Mohammed Airport / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Mega005(m): 7:40am On Jul 26, 2015
Ook
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:00am On Jul 26, 2015
revolt:
then go bck and read history, the asaba massacre was jes 1 of his legacies, find out what he did in 1966 during the reprisal coups in kano. He had a sick desire to kill civilians , women and children. Even in the airports.
will do,i still haven't read enough,i've always prided myself in being quiet knowledgeable about Nigerian history and politics. But i'll confess i've never really concentrated on researching about Obasanjo's military administration downwards
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2015
amaben2020:

he's married to a yellowbar woman with big nyash, I'm not surprised that you've heard only good things
oh,yeah,parents and parents friends only said good things about him,i guess the south westerners like him cos I do hear about the day he was going to Jumat and got fired by Dimka,i remember we used to sing insulting songs about Dimka,and repeat his name Dim Dim Dimka at the end of the song when we were kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by cheruv: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2015
PassingShot:

From your link I got this:

If it was reported that Major Taiwo was responsible for the massacre, why are you blaming it on Col. Murtala Muhammed? Or is it because he commanded Nigerian 2nd Division?
Same way any 'massacres' carried out by biafrans in the Midwest should be blamed on Viktor Pancho kos he was the commander.

1 Like

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by cheruv: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2015
amaben2020:
A man loved by his people, The first Nigerian to use the word fellow Nigerians, the youngest full fledged 4star general, a detribalized Nigerian, RIP
Yes..
He came into the Nigerian political scene in a hail of bullets and left in a hail of bullets cheesy

We Igbos dd a song in his honor... Ogbu mma gāla na mma grin its such a shame that obasanjo banned it angry
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by gbrown(m): 8:51am On Jul 26, 2015
OfoIgbo:

I am not aware of any official documentation of massacres carried out by Biafrans in Benin. However if it really happened, then Col. Banjo should be held responsible, afterall he was the commander of that force
you can't be serious, so you want to blame banjo alone for the Benin massacre? In your thinking ojukwu and biafra should be exonerated from Benin massacre?pls lets put the records straight, both murtala and biafra were guilty of massacre.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 26, 2015
HE WAS A SOLDIER OF ROME....

HONOUR HIM....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by ceejayluv(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2015
Akshow:

U dumbarzzz forgot he was a soldier and defending his country. It was his call of duty. U act as if the killing was one sided. Their were casual on both sides.
that was an ISIS - scale pogrom.. over 700 UNARMED men and boys??..

1 Like

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Bablo08(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2015
lolaxavier:

Issorite!
@ least we all appreciate him till today...
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 26, 2015
OfoIgbo:

I am not aware of any official documentation of massacres carried out by Biafrans in Benin. However if it really happened, then Col. Banjo should be held responsible, afterall he was the commander of that force
Banjo is not a Colonel according to the NIGERIAN military cadre... Take note. JUST a Major...
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 26, 2015
theassassin:

mutala Muhammed is a demonic bastard that deserves the brutal death he got.

ewu na ebe akwa kpalamuma kpaaaa kpaaaaa kpaaaa
Well-done.... I guess he bursted your bubbles...
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by olowoeko(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2015
so because he was acting on orders, he was labelled a killer, this igbos sef, too sentimental about everything.like him or not, he was a hero. RIP murtala M.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
The butcher of Asaba!!! Killer of women and children!!! RIP BS Dimka God will surely reward you for bringing this war criminal to justice

Nna don't deceive Nigerians.
The Wikipedia story was told by a se apologists.
Truth is the biafran soldiers blew the bridge and ran to asaba to hide in civilians houses,most even took off there cloths and pretended to be civilish.
What do you expect?Of course,the Nigerian constitution for a sessionist was invoked on them.

You try that shiit again,you get the same treatment

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Akshow: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2015
ceejayluv:

that was an ISIS - scale pogrom.. over 700 UNARMED men and boys??..

Where so you guys get the Figures you throw around? same lies u have been programmed to believe to justify your hate for others.

2 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by moshmod101(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2015
Another agitation for Biafra nation... undecided
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by anonimi: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
The butcher of Asaba!!! Killer of women and children!!! RIP BS Dimka God will surely reward you for bringing this war criminal to justice

Why can't the Igbos learn from the Jews and the Tutsis of Rwanda to set up, maintain and promote MEMORIALS for the civil war atrocities

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by ceejayluv(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2015
Akshow:

Where so you guys get the Figures you throw around? same lies u have been programmed to believe to justify your hate for others.
it's a documented genocide, man... Next you'll claim the holocaust didn't happen.
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Abbey24(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2015
Man of d people d only man dat lead our dear country for less than a year and people feel d good governance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Governors At Malami's Son's Wedding As Attahiru Is Being Buried (Photo) / Soldiers Who Survived Boko Haram Attack In Borno (Pictures) / Buhari Signs N30,000 Minimum Wage, Reveals Implementation Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.