Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) (76006 Views)

Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Passengers Board Flights In Darkness At Murtala Mohammed Airport / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by afroniger: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
iamrealdeji:
so,some people hate Murtala? I've always been told he's the best leader ever in Nigeria

The igbos alone hate him coz they accuse him of immense brutality against their kinsmen during the civil war. Oh well..
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by zendy: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
amaben2020:
A man loved by his people, The first Nigerian to use the word fellow Nigerians, the youngest full fledged 4star general, a detribalized Nigerian, RIP

What do you mean by was "loved by his people"? Which people? Only an ignoramus can love and evil man like Murtala Mohammed. You know why?

murtala Mohammed was a despicable man of the highest order.It is a personal disgrace to all well meaning Nigerians that such an evil man has his face on the national currency and has landmarks such as an international Airport named after him

The sins of murtala:

1) murtala Mohammed led a band of Northern military officers which included the current president Buhari,Danjuma,Babangida,Abacha,Jerry Useni, the late Yaradua senior amongst others in the counter coup of July 1966 were they killed Ironsi and massacred over 300 eastern officers.

2) murtala and his troops massacred over 700 civilian men, women and children who came to welcome him and his troops as they entered Asaba at start of the war

3) murtala despite sound advice and in a bid to increase his popularity led thousands of Nigerian Soldiers to their deaths as he tried to cross the river Niger into Onitsha on 3 separate attempts (The then Lt Oladipo Diya almost lost his life in one of those attempts). Subsequently, Mutala was recalled from the war and sent to London while his men lay dead under the River Niger.

4) murtala became the first Military officer in Nigeria who conducted a coup to sieze political power for him self when he kicked out Gowon. Even Nzeogwu had no interest in becoming president in his own coup. murtala then in one of the biggest acts of Military indiscipline then retired everyone who was above him in rank promoted him self from a one star Brigadier General to a full four star Genera in one go. murtala became the face of Northern military domination of Nigeria.

murtala then embarked on a mass purge of the civil service where he sacked over 11,000 workers nationwide which included some of the best and brightest.

murtala was a war criminal, a homicidal killer, a failed Soldier,a sociopath and national disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by malikisah: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
Some rabid human beings on this forum seems to come from one ethnic group , or is it my eyes?
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Why can't the Mod shut down this crap. With all this hatred between tribes, no wonder Nigeria is a hell hole on Earth. Glad, I am not in this pit of hell. Enough of this garbage unless Seun is financially gaining from this crap.
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by dam4wummy(m): 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
By the time u guys successfully get ur biafran country, that's when you would know that south-South people are not igbos.

3 Likes

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
jauntty:
[size=16pt]"All is fair in war and love"

One man's Hero is another man's Devil.

I remember some stories of the war told by my Grandpa about the Biafra invasion of Benin, and honestly both side were terrible.

I just hope that those cowards who hide behind the comfort of their cheap phones typing SECESSION and "give us Biafra " will not consider another war. If you must go, then go peacefully. War is never pleasant[/size]
WELL SAID...
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by parisbookaddict(f): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
iamrealdeji:
so,some people hate Murtala? I've always been told he's the best leader ever in Nigeria

He was corrupt and erratic but was a bold man and anti western according to declassified US intelligence reports.

However facts show that he was a brutal murderer and also thought he was the people's man, however he was the muslim peoples man.

He led a coup and murdered ironsi, a christian southerner, he also overthrew Gowon a christian northerner as well as inspired the pogroms that led to the death of about 40,000-60,000 igbos.

He and his men perpetuated the only known case of genocide during the war in delta statE.

He died like a lived, a murdering bigot.

Dimika was a tool that coincidental brought justice .

1 Like

Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Lawsimon(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
onoja12:
story told from one side,it is on record that when the igbo got to benin they killed people like rats,same way they did the akwa ibom and port harcourt ,why was that left out

You have just stated a concealed truth. I Was told many stories that transpired during the war by my grand pa.
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Biafraboi:

hahahaha, I'm still amazed, it posted again, may everything you and your poverty stricken family do never yield dividends, may you and your people toil to no avail, slowpoke like your shambolic leader called Buhari, bastardized zoo product
The hell with your mental dwarf family and your own lineage if you have one. Faceless crackhead spitting garbage. If you want you can kill the whole country, I really don't care. My stake in Nigeria is very limited. Come over to Chicago and see how good my family and I are doing compared to your sewage embedded, poverty stricken genes that produced a mental dwarf like you.
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by PrinceEm: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Oyetboy:
whatever happens..... history prevails
o how i wish i had a taste of that good old days of our country
Re: General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) by shomutuski(m): 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
PassingShot:

From your link I got this:

If it was reported that Major Taiwo was responsible for the massacre, why are you blaming it on Col. Murtala Muhammed? Or is it because he commanded Nigerian 2nd Division? Beside, all is fair in war and love.

Let every young man read up on the Civil war and understand that wars are not tea parties.

May Nigeria never ever experience another war in our history. Let those who want to secede find a peaceful means to do so.

I buy ur idea bro. Buh all diz igbos clamoring for war are no less than boko haram.. They feel leaving nigeria is their birthright and would stop at nothing to get it. The aftermath of our civil war still lingers on their mind. Even when most of them didn't witness the war. SMH. They either say itz the fault of the yorubas or the hausas..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Signs N30,000 Minimum Wage, Reveals Implementation Date / Soldiers Who Survived Boko Haram Attack In Borno (Pictures) / Photo Of The Accident That Killed Patience Jonathan's Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.