Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu (28097 Views)

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme / Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying - JAMB Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by onoms4luv(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2015
Let love lead.
Forgive bt dnt forget their evil deeds.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2015
I support it o. The numbers are outrageous. I no the country isn't safe but parents should allow their children explore especially yoruba parents. Hardly would u see a yoruba jambite going to any school outside the south west! We cannot all go to Unilag or ife or uni Zik. Its just like this new nysc scheme. Students should not be allowed to choose where they want to serve. Students should not be posted to the north but can be posted to different regions. students did not choose where they want to serve yet lagos Abuja ph were crowded so much that I heard some lagos corpers could not camp in lagos and we're transferred to oyo. What is that?. Imagine now that corpers can choose? This country sef, I don't no who initiates all this worthless laws.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by deebsman1(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2015
On point
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Xslaze3xd(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2015
To me...... This sounds good.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by rman: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2015
It is common sense but Nigerians are too emotional about issues, otherwise, every logical candidate, parents or guardian will understand this is done in their own best interest.

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by prodiG(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2015
Soreza:
dapyd1:
adebayor1490:
Nienie:
Soreza:
The menace of space booking on public forum:A study of nairaland. com
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Aspireahead(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2015
chai
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by alexinfinity(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2015
I think what you would have done is made it known to the general public before setting such in motion rather than imposing it on them with your sole reason of helping them get admission on time or whatever! Mr use yourr head ooo my sis ain staying @home this season!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by superior1: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2015
The man has got some valid points
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Whobedatte(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2015
Please revamp technical institutes/education.
Enough of this university balderdash. India is building the fastest print machines in the world today. Most of these peeps r. Artisans/apprentices
Outrageous value on university/paper degrees will take us nowherere
Let thr be a balance undecided
Smh!
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by walexsy(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2015
Good policy buh wrong timinq
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kceee: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2015
Na by force ni,,,didn't dey(jambite) see other varsity b4 applying 2 dere skul(top varsity) of choice ?... NUC should reduce d cost of fee in both private and state Varsity and dere shud b equality in all tertiary institution,b4 such rule shud be implemented,,,

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by razid: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2015
I think his explanation is plausible enough. The only problem I have with the policy is the affordability of private universities by not-too-buoyant students. In a way, I'm suspecting that some of the schools are behind the protest for their mischievous reasons.

Firstly, let's look at it from the money being realized from post UTME alone. In a school like UNILAG where they get over 75,000 candidates writing their post-utme exams, this policy would have reduced such number to about 20,000 to 25,000. So, about 50,000 candidates would have been spared the agony of wasting their hard-earned money on admission that is never sure in the first place.

Secondly, most of the lecturers in those big schools may not be favourably disposed to this policy as it would not allow them to manipulate the system to favour their wards. We know that preference is given to children of the staff of a university as long as they are able to score above 200 to the detriment of the students that merited it in the first instance. With this policy in place, such children would have been weeded out and made to compete with their counterparts in other school giving chance to those candidates that merit the admission but "do not have enough long legs" in the system. grin

Thirdly, from experience, most of these candidates aspiring to these big schools ended up in colleges of education for NCE. Even most of them often end up wasting their above-200 scores because of their poor judgement. I have a situation at hand now of a candidate that scored 249 in the last UTME but will be admitted for an NCE course in a college of education. Imagine such a waste of talent! But with this policy in place, such candidate would have been shortlisted to a university where she stands a chance of getting admission.

Lasty, the debate can go on and on but there are always two sides to a coin. We should try to balance our views and be patient enough to see the other view as it is.

Cheers. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by beyoncausme: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2015
well give people admission....
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by sokunji(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2015
Good policy. ..but next time inform all stakeholders. ..especially those who are the primary beneficiaries. .the jambitess..

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by lonelydora: 11:09am On Jul 26, 2015
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by SlyCharlie(m): 11:15am On Jul 26, 2015
AkunneObinna:
I really don't get this, I applied for FUTO to study computer science, I checked the schools website to discover my name wasn't on the list. Then I re-printed my JAMB result slip and it still says FUTO, how do I know where I was re-posted to?
Calm down, that issue would be addressed from next week no need to panic :-)

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Yustash001(m): 11:15am On Jul 26, 2015
AkunneObinna:
I really don't get this, I applied for FUTO to study computer science, I checked the schools website to discover my name wasn't on the list. Then I re-printed my JAMB result slip and it still says FUTO, how do I know where I was re-posted to?
wait till 5th of August...then re-print your slip....it'll show your new school....
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by bong4(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2015
This is the typical Nigerian leadership way of doing things - placing the cart before the horse. You are changing the rules in the middle of the game. What is the rationale for doing that? You claim you are trying to help the students. Will that help, include paying their school fees?

Many of the private universities do not have candidates applying to them. What they do is to approach JAMB and get names of candidates and send them admission letters. Other even advertised on the media for interested candidates to apply.

JAMB, the best thing you would have done is to have given the universities a time limit to admit their students normally, then candidates who have missed out from the initial admission process will then be advised or encouraged to apply to those with low intakes or shortfalls.

This would have been more humane.

5 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2015
prodiG:
The menace of space booking on public forum:A study of nairaland. com
Let who's never sin be the first to cast a stone
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by bishopcarterIV: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2015
ogunwalea:
You're saying nonsense sir...... Why will you impose choices on anyone? We are all capable of learning from our failures.... We all know admission is more serious than heaven these days.....

BTW.... FTC....... For the first time ever in my life...... Pls congratulate me with your LIKES cheesy cheesy grin
bros forget, all na wash, na another strategy to get money from people seeking admission.. I don't know why someone will sit down in his god damn office, dey create problem for people all in d name of change of policy.

Ask am if dem set question for am whether him go score reach 200 self.

Olocious person

3 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by LordTrezy(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2015
charix:
Ojerinde is still JAMB boss?! shocked

He has occupied that position since I was in primary school. I now have a fiancee and way past due to start a family and he's still there. Na wa for africans and power.
He was formerly NECO boss, I think he became JAMB boss around 2011. He's a real boss, I respect his view on this.

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kennedyiheme: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:
I support it o. The numbers are outrageous. I no the country isn't safe but parents should allow their children explore especially yoruba parents. Hardly would u see a yoruba jambite going to any school outside the south west! We cannot all go to Unilag or ife or uni Zik. Its just like this new nysc scheme. Students should not be allowed to choose where they want to serve. Students should not be posted to the north but can be posted to different regions. students did not choose where they want to serve yet lagos Abuja ph were crowded so much that I heard some lagos corpers could not camp in lagos and we're transferred to oyo. What is that?. Imagine now that corpers can choose? This country sef, I don't no who initiates all this worthless laws.
what are you saying? So students shld not choose institution they want? Where is it done in the world? Were the education ministry chooses schools for students? Where? Don't blame students blame nigerian government and just with there useless setting. If all the states in nigeria had good amenities, good roads, just everything that makes life sweet, do u tink students won't go? Will u advice ur broda or sister to go to university of maiduguri? Hell no, will ojerinde pay the school fee the private universities demand? If they knew they wanted to do something like this why did they sell change of course form? U see that jamb is a useless setup...where in the world have you heard anything like jamb? In the western world once you are done with secondary school, u get into university straight, no writting any dumb examination tht wld put u at home for anoda one year. It is as a result of jamb that people stay home for 8yrs . For wht na? With all this rigidity nigerian univerities arnt even in top 1000....total waste

7 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Ahmeduana(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Lemon12:
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying for now”. This was the response from the JAMB boss Professor Dibu Ojerinde while reacting to the recent uproar over the list of eligible candidates sent to institutions.

According To him, the reason behind this new admission policy is to help candidates not only get admission but get it on time.

Below are excerpts of the exact words of the JAMB Boss;

The big universities are overloaded. Can you imagine 8,000 students seeking for admission to study law in a university that will take only 250 candidates for law! The remaining 7750 candidates will wait endlessly and hopelessly till the end of the admission.

Or imagine 7500 candidates seeking for medicine in a university. Of these 7500 candidates, 2000 scored above 250 in the UTME. The university has a carrying capacity of only 150 candidates for medicine. The remaining 7350 who scored above 200 will be wasted. Particularly, 1750 candidates who scored above 250 will be wasted while other universities either do not have enough candidates or high scoring candidates.

Courses like Biological Sciences, Agric Engineering and related courses are lacking in candidacy!

We are saying, let's give them a feel of chance somewhere else that has not gotten enough candidates by sending the names of these HIGH scorers to "needy" universities.

The names of such surplus candidates are being distributed to first Federal institutions, then State and finally Private institutions in that order depending on:
• Availability of space in other universities,
• Choice of the course of the candidate,
• The geographical Zone of the choice of the candidate, and
• Performance of the candidate.

By this approach, wastage of HIGH scores will be reduced, the fate of the candidates will be determined on time and yet the interest of their areas of study may be satisfied.
addition, the concept of selection by
• Merit,
• Catchment Area, and
• Educationally Less Developed States
Will be adequately catered for.

However, I am not saying that everyone will get admission or even get their original choice of course of study. But it is better than wasting the time, finances, and good scores of these candidates. We need to fill the available spaces as given to us by the regulatory bodies like NUC, NBTE, and NCCE.

If, however, a candidate does not want the given opportunity, it is too "baaaad".

This scenario was made clear to the institutions during the Policy meeting that took place on 14th July this year in Abuja.

Before the Policy meeting, we had discussions with the representatives of the Federal, State, and Private universities where the degree of the problems of candidates were presented and solutions were proffered. These decisions were backed up by copious statistics of applications to various universities.

Again “Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying"

I believe that some so- called educational consultants have some hidden agenda which are being thwarted by our proactive steps. Let them know that this is a period of CHANGE. If they do not CHANGE they will be CHANGED.

Source :

http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/38479/father-forgive-them-for-they-know-not-what-they-are-saying-jamb-boss-ojerinde.html
JAMB ANOTHER NIGERIA FRAUDULENT INSTITUTION!

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ogunwalea(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2015
bishopcarterIV:
bros forget, all na wash, na another strategy to get money for people seeking admission.. I don't know why someone will sit down in his god damn office, dey create problem for people all in d name of change of policy.

Ask am if dem set question for am whether him go score reach 200 self.

Olocious person
Lolz.... You don PARA grin
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Omololu007(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:
are u sayin corpers can now choose d state dey wanna serve in Nigeria
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2015
Omololu007:
are u sayin corpers can now choose d state dey wanna serve in Nigeria

Yes that was what I read on nairaland front page some days ago. Maybe it's true maybe it's not true. Maybe they are trying to introduce it to the system. But to me, it's not adviseable.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by gogodaye(m): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2015
charix:
Ojerinde is still JAMB boss?! shocked

He has occupied that position since I was in primary school. I now have a fiancee and way past due to start a family and he's still there. Na wa for africans and power.

Stop the lies...
I doubt if you are what you just asserted.....
Except you enjoy the life cycle of a fly....
Go get your facts right.....
And stop maligning another person today so that you do not get treated likewise tomorrow....
That is the golden rule of life....
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by bishopcarterIV: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2015
ogunwalea:

Lolz.... You don PARA grin
why not, Waec do him own, Jamb dey do him own post utme go do their own, na wetin ?

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Sheggy13(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2015
bong4:
This is the typical Nigerian leadership way of doing things - placing the cart before the horse. You are changing the rules in the middle of the game. What is the rationale for doing that? You claim you are trying to help the students. Will that help, include paying their school fees?

Many of the private universities do not have candidates applying to them. What they do is to approach JAMB and get names of candidates and send them admission letters. Other even advertised on the media for interested candidates to apply.
I get your point tho,but what if the alternative school they wanna try have concluded their postume and admission arrangements? Or do you expect them to be waiting for students to be rejected by another school after months of admission processing before they conclude their own admission too? Mind you, state universities and even other new federal unis are the likely recipients of these rejected students and not private unis alone as people make it out to be.

JAMB, the best thing you would have done is to have given the universities a time limit to admit their students normally, then candidates who have missed out from the initial admission process will then be advised or encouraged to apply to those with low intakes or shortfalls.

This would have been more humane.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by kelechiodo(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2015
This makes no sense as some of these universities invite candidates who never apply to their schools to register for the post utme
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
what are you saying? So students shld not choose institution they want? Where is it done in the world? Were the education ministry chooses schools for students? Where? Don't blame students blame nigerian government and just with there useless setting. If all the states in nigeria had good amenities, good roads, just everything that makes life sweet, do u tink students won't go? Will u advice ur broda or sister to go to university of maiduguri? Hell no, will ojerinde pay the school fee the private universities demand? If they knew they wanted to do something like this why did they sell change of course form? U see that jamb is a useless setup...where in the world have you heard anything like jamb? In the western world once you are done with secondary school, u get into university straight, no writting any dumb examination tht wld put u at home for anoda one year. It is as a result of jamb that people stay home for 8yrs . For wht na? With all this rigidity nigerian univerities arnt even in top 1000....total waste

Oga sorry o. Those universities u mentioned abroad has adequate facilities to accommodate a certain amount of students and it's d same wiv universities of first choice here in Nigeria. It is no fault of the university. Corruption, Nepotism, quota system and especially population explosion is the reason for this. Whether u accept it or not, it is the right thing to do. Do u want students to have lectures while sitting on the floor or in the window. The university has a limited space. What would they do?

It's not about choosing a school u like, it's about trying as much as possible to pass your exams very well so ur name will come out in merit list. That is d only list they do not use nepotism or quota system to pick. Any other list after that is free for all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Condition Of Rivers State University Hostel: Pics & Video / Lagos Government Shuts Chrisland School Over Whitney Adeniran’s Death / Fulani Cows Disrupt Students Writing Mid-Term Test In Anambra (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.