Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu (28104 Views)

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme / Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying - JAMB Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by agabaI23(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2015
Ojeride, you are talking Rubbish.

It is not for you tell a student where to study. give the information out and allow students to decide where they want to go to. You do not decide for students and their sponsors. They decide angry

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Missmossy(f): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2015
Chai!!!

Jambites will take grin grin
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kennedyiheme: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

Oga sorry o. Those universities u mentioned abroad has adequate facilities to accommodate a certain amount of students and it's d same wiv universities of first choice here in Nigeria. It is no fault of the university. Corruption, Nepotism, quota system and especially population explosion is the reason for this. Whether u accept it or not, it is the right thing to do. Do u want students to have lectures while sitting on the floor or in the window. The university has a limited space. What would they do?

It's not about choosing a school u like, it's about trying as much as possible to pass your exams very well so ur name will come out in merit list. That is d only list they do not use nepotism or quota system to pick. Any other list after that is free for all.
so whose fault is it that nigeria universities doesn't have the capacity? If you accept or not jamb is at fault, they sold COC for arnd 3', these people don't care about nigerians, most of there kids skool abroad, they are just scucking nigerian students dry. Write jamb, write post ume, if you pass jamb and don't pass post ume, u'll have to write jamb again, this is a bad system...I just hope they don't post any of your sibling to borno state

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by shigoslim(m): 11:40am On Jul 26, 2015
GEJ administration believed that there should be more additional university to cater for the populace, majority of us thought his not talking sense.
I ask myself tuely Nigeria don't want truth but lie upon lie. If we have more university take caters for this populace, then the issue of unemployment will also reduce but because of selfishness and greedyness they bend to pull him out. They want to continues establishing private university to the detriment of poor masses.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 11:42am On Jul 26, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
so whose fault is it that nigeria universities doesn't have the capacity? If you accept or not jamb is at fault, they sold COC for arnd 3', these people don't care about nigerians, most of there kids skool abroad, they are just scucking nigerian students dry. Write jamb, write post ume, if you pass jamb and don't pass post ume, u'll have to write jamb again, this is a bad system...I just hope they don't post any of your sibling to borno state

Sorry I am d last! I have had my own fair share of jamb and quota system! If I knew then what I know now, I won't have wanted to die untop going to Unilag. I would have explored!!

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Omololu007(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:
I support it o. The numbers are outrageous. I no the country isn't safe but parents should allow their children explore especially yoruba parents. Hardly would u see a yoruba jambite going to any school outside the south west!.
dis is pure bullsh!t,what do u mean by "parents should allow their children explore especially yoruba parents",dis is pure thrash,is it a must my children should go to d south south,east or north to study,wen we hav skuls lik convenant,ife,ui etc hia in d west..how are u even sure it is dia parents dat are choosen for dem? How many hausas or ibos do u find in skuls in d south west,or how many fulani do u see skulin in d south east?

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Karleb(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2015
The overzealous jambites will never learn.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Armstrong34(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2015
wat if dem cum post me go northern state where d insurgency is high........lyk borno,jos, etc...wetin I go do
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2015
Students should not be posted to private schools whose fees are atrocious. If they are now selecting students for schools, then it means no need for post-utme then. just select the highest scoring students and admit for a particular course.

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2015
Ellemuah:
This policy shouldn't be implemented at d last hour.....y were we allowed to do COC then??
Everyone should be given a fair chance, skul's who av low number of aspirants should be d ones to invite us either we pick them or not, we shouldn't be forced to go there.
Another thing is transparency in d selection, u will see a candidate of higher mark not bin picked nd sumone with a lower mark picked for d exact same course. We should all write d post ume, nd d skul should release her dept cut offs nd if I dnt reach it, I will know its my fault.

Do u know aw many candidates will be discouraged from writing d new institution's post ume cos dey av bin preparing for Lag's post ume for months., not to talk of d new skul's location, skul fee nd what not.

Imagine jamb asking us to check back for our new institution on Aug5 when most skul's would av conducted post ume or be on d verge of conducting it?? This makes no sense at all

This is a right thing at the wrong time situation abeg.

Table your grievances to the schools who manipulate. jamb duty is to place suitable candidates and present them for admission into various schools. They don't have a right to force a school to choose you.

When someone is trying to help you. You stay there blabbing rubbish. I have had cause to see the jamb scores and intake of each school and some schools have as much 3000 extra students who are surplus to requirements for some courses while some schools don't even have enough students requesting those courses.

Jamb is very right and they are empowered to do this. You can go to court if you don't like it.

There is nothing like fair chance when things are heavily lopsided. Fair chance when the probability of getting admitted is less than 0.001? Why won't jamb try to balance it and give room to more students to have a real chance to get admitted instead of the next to nothing chance of getting admitted.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Omololu007(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

Yes that was what I read on nairaland front page some days ago. Maybe it's true maybe it's not true. Maybe they are trying to introduce it to the system. But to me, it's not adviseable.
som pple sha,just because u are comfortable been posted to anywia u want,doesnt mean everybody is comfortable wit it.for me dats gud,let pple serve wiaeva dey wanna serve,n it shouldnt b compulsory sef
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2015
Omololu007:
dis is pure bullsh!t,what do u mean by "parents should allow their children explore especially yoruba parents",dis is pure thrash,is it a must my children should go to d south south,east or north to study,wen we hav skuls lik convenant,ife,ui etc hia in d west..how are u even sure it is dia parents dat are choosen for dem? How many hausas or ibos do u find in skuls in d south west,or how many fulani do u see skulin in d south east?

How many fulani dey go school? That's a non issue. Do u no how many people from the south east and south south are schooling in the southwest. Whether it's their parents or not, it doesn't make sense for people to want to die in a particular school or region after trying so many times when u no u would be considered in another region. It doesn't make sense. This is what oyerinde is trying to do yet people who are not thinking feel he is bad. Make una die untop Unilag, ife and covenant u hear. E go soon clear for una eyes!
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2015
Omololu007:
som pple sha,just because u are comfortable been posted to anywia u want,doesnt mean everybody is comfortable wit it.for me dats gud,let pple serve wiaeva dey wanna serve,n it shouldnt b compulsory sef

Why u people just being unnecessarily self centered. Who doesn't want good things. This is what we are talking about in politics. U think it's only the economy that needs to be diversified. You nigerians need to be diversified to. We all no, it's not about comfort but opportunity. Lagos, Abuja and porthacourt seem to have those opportunities while neglecting other states. Same as university education, if u cannot get it in your favourite school, switch! Period.....
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kennedyiheme: 11:55am On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry I am d last! I have had my own fair share of jamb and quota system! If I knew then what I know now, I won't have wanted die untop going to Unilag. I would have explored!!
okay that's your own...that you made the wrong choice doesn't mean everybody should suffer jambs verdict, the last time I checked jamb print out slip I saw "choice of institue" I don't wonna believe jamb doesn't under english again

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Do we have a minister of education? I guess not. These issues need to be resolved as soon as possible,students have worked so hard to sit for exams and come out in flying colours;they need to be admitted in schools of their choice.

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
okay that's your own...that you made the wrong choice doesn't mean everybody should suffer jambs verdict, the last time I checked jamb print out slip I saw "choice of institue" I don't wonna believe jamb doesn't under english again

OK keep choosing the same choice. grin

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by bastien: 11:57am On Jul 26, 2015
Nonsense.... .after them don write everything u come carry ur big belle dey yarn dust,y u no tell em when them dey buy jamb form
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Omololu007(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

How many fulani dey go school? That's a non issue. Do u no how many people from the south east and south south are schooling in the southwest. Whether it's their parents or not, it doesn't make sense for people to want to die in a particular school or region after trying so many times when u no u would be considered in another region. It doesn't make sense. This is what oyerinde is trying to do yet people who are not thinking feel he is bad. Make una die untop Unilag, ife and covenant u hear. E go soon clear for una eyes!
is dia choice,if dey wanna die,let dem die because of ife,unilag...whats my business wit d nomba of pple from d south south and south east skulin in d south west,is dia choice..dibu shouldnt b choosin for anybody...d guy don too tey for dat position sef,buhari should retire him

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by babyfaceafrica: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:
I support it o. The numbers are outrageous. I no the country isn't safe but parents should allow their children explore especially yoruba parents. Hardly would u see a yoruba jambite going to any school outside the south west! We cannot all go to Unilag or ife or uni Zik. Its just like this new nysc scheme. Students should not be allowed to choose where they want to serve. Students should not be posted to the north but can be posted to different regions. students did not choose where they want to serve yet lagos Abuja ph were crowded so much that I heard some lagos corpers could not camp in lagos and we're transferred to oyo. What is that?. Imagine now that corpers can choose? This country sef, I don't no who initiates all this worthless laws.
u spoilt ur well written post with especially yoruba parents....what's the meaaning of that ?..do u know how many yorubas schooled in the north....I was alarmed by the numbers I saw during nysc...if you don't have infomation.please stop blabbling....say no to tribal bigotry!!!
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by darocha1: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
charix:
Ojerinde is still JAMB boss?! shocked

He has occupied that position since I was in primary school. I now have a fiancee and way past due to start a family and he's still there. Na wa for africans and power.

Saleem stayed longe than this & he unleashed terror on candidates. i remember him cancelling the results of the whole of lagos mainland a particular year and anoda year he cancelled the whole of orile - iyana iba centres just cos he caught people cheating in Tolu school (orile( and Time & Tide school iyana iba.
God help Nigerians
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Omotayor123(f): 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thank God I already scale through jamb.

The idea is not totally bad. But I hate the fact that they were not given a chance to be selected In the institution of their choice.

Jamb, Give Them A Chance #
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

No mind them

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by simdam500(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
And again the number of aspirant every year would be reduced
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kennedyiheme: 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

yh this is gonna be my first time writiin post jamb tho....I'm sure it really felt bad to write more that 5times, sorry oo
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by belatoxx: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
.. Just passing tailoring shop

LEARNLIFE HERBAL CLINIC , We specialize on herbal and roots to cure all des ease.

*Vaginal Discharge
*Blocking Of Fallopian Tube
*Work Promotion
*Gonorihea
*Syphilis & Any Sexually Transmitted Desease
*Fibroid
*Permanent Ulcer Cure
*Astma
*Diabeties
*Love Me Alone Ring
*Poision Detection
*Ring To Win Contract
*Unstopped Menstruation Flow
*Become Rich Without Blood
*Commanding Ring
*Customer Selling Market
*Crowd Puller
*Healing For Stroke Patient
*Increase Sexual Stamina
*Penis Enlargement
*End Premature Ejaculation
*End Erectile Dysfunction
*Vaginal Tighter
*Patches/Pimple/Dark Sport Remover
*End Watery Sperm/Low Sperm Count
*Anti Malaria
*Cronic Pile
Call now and be free from that sickness. 08179322228 call&Whatapp
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by rexbuton: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
A very brilliant idea! But nigerians never think things through, they are here condemning the man while they don't even understand his plan! This kinda reminds me of the subsidy protest and its aftermath
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Doxkelly1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
It's a welcome idea, may God bless Nigeria!
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by smartleo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
AkunneObinna:
I really don't get this, I applied for FUTO to study computer science, I checked the schools website to discover my name wasn't on the list. Then I re-printed my JAMB result slip and it still says FUTO, how do I know where I was re-posted to?
Another Jamb question
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Ghost01(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
There's seriously the need for an alternative to JAMB.

While this isn't entirely a bad idea, the exercise should've been carried out during registration. Ask the candidates to choose voluntarily another university as their second choice, so that if the number of applicants who are qualified for P-UTME in the mandatory first university is very high, the candidate's name will be forwarded to the second university.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnny1980:

Table your grievances to the schools who manipulate. jamb duty is to place suitable candidates and present them for admission into various schools. They don't have a right to force a school to choose you.

When someone is trying to help you. You stay there blabbing rubbish. I have had cause to see the jamb scores and intake of each school and some schools have as much 3000 extra students who are surplus to requirements for some courses while some schools don't even have enough students requesting those courses.

Jamb is every right and they are empowered to do this. You can go to court if you don't like it.
Now who is blabbing?? Jamb has the right to distribute us to skuls?? Ever heard of Human rights?? I av the right to pick d skul I want to study nd DAT was y we were asked to pick our choice of inst wen we were registering. Who is telling jamb to force skuls to pick us, as an institution if u know u need students, u invite everyone eligible to write ur post ume not only those who picked u E.g Lasu, tasued, FUotueke has bin doing that. No one is asking unilag to admit more students than dey can cater for, we jz saying let everyone write it nd release ur dept cutoffs , besides aw are u sure DAT d pple who scored high in jamb will score high in post ume?? Or who doesn't know DAT jamb isn't an accurate test for intelligence dis days??

If u read my post well b4 jumping to quote me, u will see where I said its a good policy but implemented at a very wrong time, its too late to implement DAT kind of policy, most skuls av picked post ume DAT nd I won't know my fate till aug5?? Lets be realistic here, most of u blabbing nd supporting it are not affected so u av no idea wat we re goin thru. Going to a skul I dnt want nd like to prolly study anoda course is a NO NO cos there's no motivation, hence, most pple will still want to rewrite jamb next yr to switch.

So tell me, how the hell is dibu helping in decreasing d no of jamb applicants??

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
yh this is gonna be my first time writiin post jamb tho....I'm sure it really felt bad to write more that 5times, sorry oo

Hahaha at least I have gotten somewhere wiv my life. Lol! U have not written and u are here blabbing. Instead of u to go and read your books so u can come out on merit list. If u fail now u go dey cry about having choice. Don't worry, hand dey itch u abi? U go soon no. Lmao. Didn't even no u are a jambite hence your self centeredness. Wouldn't have replied u.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Omololu007:
is dia choice,if dey wanna die,let dem die because of ife,unilag...whats my business wit d nomba of pple from d south south and south east skulin in d south west,is dia choice..dibu shouldnt b choosin for anybody...d guy don too tey for dat position sef,buhari should retire him

Just negodu our future generations. If the number of people from those regions doesn't concern u, u won't have mentioned it in the first place. Just as they have choice. The governing bodies also have choice. If u don't like it, read more or don't complain. We have been there and we have seen it, nothing will change in your time. I was among the. Very first people to write post ume. I almost died, but I did not, It's no use advising youths of now a days. They think they can substitute technology for experience. Like u rightly said, u people have choice, make your choice and don't complain when choices are clashing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Cows Disrupt Students Writing Mid-Term Test In Anambra (Video, Photos) / Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? / Lagos Government Shuts Chrisland School Over Whitney Adeniran’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.