Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu (28108 Views)

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme / Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying - JAMB Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Obiwannn: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
kayalcomp:
Help us ask prof Dibu whether he is the one that will pay school fees of students that will be send to private university. Or is he going to place them on scholarship? Because i wounder how someone from low income family can afford 300K or more as a school fees for a year for private university.
THAT IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH POLICY MAKERS IN NIGERIA. THEY MAKE POLICIES WITHOUT PUTTING THE COMMON MAN INTO CONSIDERATION. I DON TAYA 4 DIS COUNTRY I TELL U
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Olucheye:

What are your figures.. How much are you looking at?

I'm looking at N38,000 but open for negotiations.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ogunwalea(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
paooxide:

That's not imposition of choice, its reducing the corrupt practices in the system as well as ensuring that the best gets the Crown.. Pray, read and rest. .. A lot of people that had entered before (especially in engineering) couldn't perform well.. I wish you d best bro
I understand bro but these people can be funny at times.....Anyways, I'm not seeking admission. I'm almost a graduate... just few weeks to go smiley wink
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ogunwalea(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
bishopcarterIV:
why not, Waec do him own, Jamb dey do him own post utme go do their own, na wetin ?
it will all lead to success bro
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
ogunwalea:
You're saying nonsense sir...... Why will you impose choices on anyone? We are all capable of learning from our failures.... We all know admission is more serious than heaven these days.....

BTW.... FTC....... For the first time ever in my life...... Pls congratulate me with your LIKES cheesy cheesy grin
Congratulation grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by RealEstate38: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by flaky66(f): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Let me just agree hez talkin sense dis policy shud nt av bin implemented at dyin minute.....do u knw d amt of money sme parents av spent preppin for unilag's p.ume only for d student to be transferrd to a sch dah does nt offer d same subj combination...whr does dah studnt strt frm??
If he wants to implement such,den he shud let d current set go nd implement it nxt yr....dat wud make more sense
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by tunde4top(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
I think it is a good development. I could remember in year 2008, when i got 249 in jamb, and 65 percent in post-jamb that resulted to 65.1 as general aggregate. The cut of mark for the elect-elect i went for was 66.5. The most painful part was that, my aggregate defeated the cut-off mark of all other enginearing courses, but i was not admitted anywhere on the admission list. i even did change of course to physics (that had 51 as cut-off), and still was not admitted their again. A friend of mine that chose physic from outset got admitted with mere 49 aggregate mark. How can a student with 65.1 aggregate got dismissed, and a student with 49 got admitted ?. I was very dissapointed that year, but i became wiser, smarter and stronger the following year.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by cee001(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
bong4:
This is the typical Nigerian leadership way of doing things - placing the cart before the horse. You are changing the rules in the middle of the game. What is the rationale for doing that? You claim you are trying to help the students. Will that help, include paying their school fees?

Many of the private universities do not have candidates applying to them. What they do is to approach JAMB and get names of candidates and send them admission letters. Other even advertised on the media for interested candidates to apply.

JAMB, the best thing you would have done is to have given the universities a time limit to admit their students normally, then candidates who have missed out from the initial admission process will then be advised or encouraged to apply to those with low intakes or shortfalls.

This would have been more humane.
u have a point
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by kennynelcon(m): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
ogunwalea:
You're saying nonsense sir...... Why will you impose choices on anyone? We are all capable of learning from our failures.... We all know admission is more serious than heaven these days.....

BTW.... FTC....... For the first time ever in my life...... Pls congratulate me with your LIKES cheesy cheesy grin
Bro u schooled in France?
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by martin86(m): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
I think its not a bad idea considerin d fact dat those with high scores won't be ignore nd most importantly u ave d choice to accept d university dat accept u
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by MrSocrate(m): 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
But the same man barred the students from alternative university ie second choice of university, so why making a choice of second university for candidates? JAMB boss is a confused man i swear
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
He most probably chose the top percent in each course.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Femskid: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dnt mind dis man jor, he shud com an define d meaning of CHOICE OF INSTITUTION for us oo
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Charlesdock(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
The policy was actually great, but i think Jamb shld work this way immediately jamb score were release since Jamb as the email nd fone number of candidate they shld send list of schls wer such student mark can process, this will buy the idea of changing of institution nd course. which Father was Ojerinde referring.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Aprl: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
JAMB or whatever they call it, is full of criminals, causing crime of emotional trauma to innocent students, crime of money extortion and ripping students of their future careers and efforts

I think in the first place they should not allow students to continue buying forms and do online registration on a particular course of a school with only 250 students against 8000 students, look are the gap difference, this is extortion. How can u collect money from students, deceive them, students will read very hard, go through stress and all that only for him/her to be frustrated.

Is JAMB Immigration now?
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by saltoftheearth: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2015
Get Promoted as an entertainer. Get performance opportunities. Get Seen and Heard. Get Paid for Your Talent.

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:04am On Jul 27, 2015
ogunwalea:

He is simply giving them a chance ahn ahn .
He should be applauded not insulted or will U rather have Him reverse the decision & allow thousands of kids to lose a shot at going to the university this year,?

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ajibowo11(m): 9:39am On Jul 27, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Lemon12:
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying for now”. This was the response from the JAMB boss Professor Dibu Ojerinde while reacting to the recent uproar over the list of eligible candidates sent to institutions.

According To him, the reason behind this new admission policy is to help candidates not only get admission but get it on time.

Below are excerpts of the exact words of the JAMB Boss;

The big universities are overloaded. Can you imagine 8,000 students seeking for admission to study law in a university that will take only 250 candidates for law! The remaining 7750 candidates will wait endlessly and hopelessly till the end of the admission.

Or imagine 7500 candidates seeking for medicine in a university. Of these 7500 candidates, 2000 scored above 250 in the UTME. The university has a carrying capacity of only 150 candidates for medicine. The remaining 7350 who scored above 200 will be wasted. Particularly, 1750 candidates who scored above 250 will be wasted while other universities either do not have enough candidates or high scoring candidates.

Courses like Biological Sciences, Agric Engineering and related courses are lacking in candidacy!

We are saying, let's give them a feel of chance somewhere else that has not gotten enough candidates by sending the names of these HIGH scorers to "needy" universities.

The names of such surplus candidates are being distributed to first Federal institutions, then State and finally Private institutions in that order depending on:
• Availability of space in other universities,
• Choice of the course of the candidate,
• The geographical Zone of the choice of the candidate, and
• Performance of the candidate.

By this approach, wastage of HIGH scores will be reduced, the fate of the candidates will be determined on time and yet the interest of their areas of study may be satisfied.
addition, the concept of selection by
• Merit,
• Catchment Area, and
• Educationally Less Developed States
Will be adequately catered for.

However, I am not saying that everyone will get admission or even get their original choice of course of study. But it is better than wasting the time, finances, and good scores of these candidates. We need to fill the available spaces as given to us by the regulatory bodies like NUC, NBTE, and NCCE.

If, however, a candidate does not want the given opportunity, it is too "baaaad".

This scenario was made clear to the institutions during the Policy meeting that took place on 14th July this year in Abuja.

Before the Policy meeting, we had discussions with the representatives of the Federal, State, and Private universities where the degree of the problems of candidates were presented and solutions were proffered. These decisions were backed up by copious statistics of applications to various universities.

Again “Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying"

I believe that some so- called educational consultants have some hidden agenda which are being thwarted by our proactive steps. Let them know that this is a period of CHANGE. If they do not CHANGE they will be CHANGED.

Source :

http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/38479/father-forgive-them-for-they-know-not-what-they-are-saying-jamb-boss-ojerinde.html
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Psalmmie001(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2015
adebayor1490:
Hmm... and the guy talk sense o... buh, that policy should be after those student don miss admission to their sch of choice then you can bring that policy as a second option... which for me will help them not wasting a year at home

Dem suppose put Ur brain inside Dibu head..

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ogunwalea(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

He is simply giving them a chance ahn ahn .
He should be applauded not insulted or will U rather have Him reverse the decision & allow thousands of kids to lose a shot at going to the university this year,?
hmmmm.... I agree but it will still be of disadvantage to so many as well. People look for who to shift blames on. It's better they fail on their own rather than using this as an excuse for their failures.... Or what do you think bro?
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
ogunwalea:
hmmmm.... I agree but it will still be of disadvantage to so many as well. People look for who to shift blames on. It's better they fail on their own rather than using this as an excuse for their failures.... Or what do you think bro?

my broda looking for an object or individual to blame is in our DNA

Dibu must ignore the cries & protest for the greater good.

I know most parents can't afford private schools but we are Nigerians we can adapt to any change & bring the best out of it.

He must accept the blame for those who can't adapt . But stand strong on His decision for the greater good.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by paooxide(m): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2015
ogunwalea:

I understand bro but these people can be funny at times.....Anyways, I'm not seeking admission. I'm almost a graduate... just few weeks to go smiley wink

Congratulations bro.. May God bless and favour you, and may d new gods and old gods of our land work in your favour.

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ogunwalea(m): 8:00am On Jul 28, 2015
paooxide:

Congratulations bro.. May God bless and favour you, and may d new gods and old gods of our land work in your favour.
Thanks so much.... Wish you same
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kennedyiheme: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

my broda looking for an object or individual to blame is in our DNA

Dibu must ignore the cries & protest for the greater good.

I know most parents can't afford private schools but we are Nigerians we can adapt to any change & bring the best out of it.

He must accept the blame for those who can't adapt . But stand strong on His decision for the greater good.
so u are saying a parent with a salary of 50k can adapt to school fee of 450k? Wow sounds nice, clap for ursekf
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by mickey45: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
Setaje:

How many fulani dey go school? That's a non issue. Do u no how many people from the south east and south south are schooling in the southwest. Whether it's their parents or not, it doesn't make sense for people to want to die in a particular school or region after trying so many times when u no u would be considered in another region. It doesn't make sense. This is what oyerinde is trying to do yet people who are not thinking feel he is bad. Make una die untop Unilag, ife and covenant u hear. E go soon clear for una eyes!

I don't see much wrong with choosing those schools.
Except, existing realities are that these schools can't take everyone.

Btw, ignorance is actually why many people fall into these ditches.
A 250 or other average score in JAMB stands (thanks to federal character n less population) a better chance for offer into the so-called "Cherished" courses in Northern schools where as even with such scores, na still man know man for the 'glorified ones" in the south.

Ignorance generally is why students still suffer these hitches.
As for the kids arguing, leave them alone o! By the time they spend 3 yrs at home waiting for admission into a four years course, them go get sense.

There're many roads to every market and sometimes it takes advance in age to start seeing it.
But this ones will keep thinking the road is just "straight"

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by djkirkoo2(m): 5:14am On Aug 10, 2015
MurderX:

Check up how many of their children studied Fisheries and Aquatic Studies.
Wetin man go do na? Dis is naija 4u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Cows Disrupt Students Writing Mid-Term Test In Anambra (Video, Photos) / Lagos Government Shuts Chrisland School Over Whitney Adeniran’s Death / Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.