Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu (28246 Views)

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme / Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying - JAMB Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kennedyiheme: 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

Hahaha at least I have gotten somewhere wiv my life. Lol! U have not written and u are here blabbing. Instead of u to go and read your books so u can come out on merit list. If u fail now u go dey cry about having choice. Don't worry, hand dey itch u abi? U go soon no. Lmao. Didn't even no u are a jambite hence your self centeredness. Wouldn't have replied u.
lol funny, I'm really thankful you made me laugh.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Omololu007(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:

Just negodu our future generations. If the number of people from those regions doesn't concern u, u won't have mentioned it in the first place. Just as they have choice. The governing bodies also have choice. If u don't like it, read more or don't complain. We have been there and we have seen it, nothing will change in your time. I was among the. Very first people to write post ume. I almost died, but I did not, It's no use advising youths of now a days. They think they can substitute technology for experience. Like u rightly said, u people have choice, make your choice and don't complain when choices are clashing.
anyone dat wants to die in unilag or ife should die.is not for dibu to start tellin us ao to liv our life,dis is democracy,Nigeria is not a communist state.i'm sure dey will change d way dey handled dis next year.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Setaje(f): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
u spoilt ur well written post with especially yoruba parents....what's the meaaning of that ?..do u know how many yorubas schooled in the north....I was alarmed by the numbers I saw during nysc...if you don't have infomation.please stop blabbling....say no to tribal bigotry!!!

This is not tribal bigotry. If u no me, u won't say I am being tribal. Yoruba children no dey travel. That's d simple truth. Out of all the region's in Nigeria yorubas are d least travelled around Nigeria. I can say it a thousand times. By the way during my nysc, the few yorubas I met that schooled in the north were half hausa, half yoruba. At least there were two of them in my hostel. And another 3 in my platoon. All muslims wiv yoruba names and hausa surname.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by goshen26: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Yeeeeeees......I support this.

Some high profiled institutions keep wasting time n money of students every year, they PUTME form, they still sell scratch card to check the rubbish mark the candidate scored.

I remember my experience with unad, now called EKSU in 2007. I wrote 3 subjects, I saw the result of two, I went to complain in their admin, I was told to bring 10k to c the last paper without admission, or 30k to c my name on the admission list, without d third paper. Same happen to my friend too. Tho that friend then she is now my close babe*

I think the idea of institutions milking from hard-earned strugglers like me then will stop.

Kudos to u Mr Ojerinde.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by goshen26: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
Yeeeeeees......I support this.

Some high profiled institutions keep wasting time n money of students every year, they PUTME form, they still sell scratch card to check the rubbish mark the candidate scored.

I remember my experience with unad, now called EKSU in 2007. I wrote 3 subjects, I saw the result of two, I went to complain in their admin, I was told to bring 10k to c the last paper without admission, or 30k to c my name on the admission list, without d third paper. Same happen to my friend too. Tho that friend then she is now my close babe*

I think the idea of institutions milking from hard-earned strugglers like me then will stop.

Kudos to u, Mr Ojerinde.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by tobtap: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
charix:
Ojerinde is still JAMB boss?! shocked

He has occupied that position since I was in primary school. I now have a fiancee and way past due to start a family and he's still there. Na wa for africans and power.
he was neco boss before leaving for jamb
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by engrshakespeare: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
tweetobyte:
Amen! Funny

I'm selling my active Twitter account with 51k followers. Serious buyers should contact 08080356868
The account is suitable for buyers looking to build blog or website traffic, market products and services or small and large businesses looking to establish an online presence. Contact me for Twitter handle, price and negotiation.

Guy park well na, wetin concern me if u dey sell ur prick with 1m followers. mtcheeew
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by jedidiah2801(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hmmmm! That's a great idea but there should be a regulations of school fees across the nation. if a student applied to federal university due to school fee rate, such student will be encouraged to accept the choice given to him by JAMB if the fee is the same. But When the student can't afford the fees from the new institution, it will be a total discouragement. NUC, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT & UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT SHOULD RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by bigtt76(f): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
What if I'm posted to a private university whose fees I can't afford? Or given a course I have little interest in? angry
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by seedorfg(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dibu the drunkard, even when you got 203 in jamb, your scores isn't relevant to some courses, dibu is a dibuising man
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
SlyCharlie:

Calm down, that issue would be addressed from next week no need to panic :-)
Thanks A lot. I think I have used up my re-print, I might have to buy a card.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by paooxide(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
ogunwalea:
You're saying nonsense sir...... Why will you impose choices on anyone? We are all capable of learning from our failures.... We all know admission is more serious than heaven these days.....

BTW.... FTC....... For the first time ever in my life...... Pls congratulate me with your LIKES cheesy cheesy grin

That's not imposition of choice, its reducing the corrupt practices in the system as well as ensuring that the best gets the Crown.. Pray, read and rest. .. A lot of people that had entered before (especially in engineering) couldn't perform well.. I wish you d best bro
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by spencekat(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
charix:

He has occupied that position since I was in primary school. I now have a fiancee and way past due to start a family and he's still there. Na wa for africans and power.
Ojerinde mounted the reins of JAMB leadership in the early 2000.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ibietela2(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nienie:
This jamb guy is vexing me o
But sha looking at it from another point of view..its not a bad idea just that he'l be forcing students to study what they dont want,people will still want to re-write jamb the upper year so whats the point??.

Hmmm
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by djkirkoo2(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
It was same thing they did to me in 2009. I applied for Education Economics & OMT but to my greatest surprise, wen my admission letter came I saw Fisheries Technology & now I have Bachelor of fisheries and aquatic studies degree. Praise the Lord.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by segrinto(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
mmmmmm
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by MurderX: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
If over 2000 students that applied had above 250, then the school can set its cut-off mark at 300 or above and Jamb can then give the other students options of available courses and other schools they can be admitted into. Let the students make the choice of acceptance but dont just redirect a student to another school or course of study. The Jamb guy is not being humane and thoughtful and this method is a device to encourage corruption. What is the basis of redirecting some and leaving the others? It gives room for questions and corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by chaz007(f): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
B4 nw, admission in UI ws based on p.utme only. Jamb ws just a pre-qualifyin exam to secure a chance of sitting for d test. Quite a lot of cndidates didnt put in their best in sitting for utme because UI gave d impression they only nided at least 200+ to sit 4 d test. Just like a 100m race, usain bolt isnt particular abt winnin d rounds and heats. He puts his least in qualifyin, n saves his best 4 d final. Many cndidates in UI were savin their best 4 d last. Nw Dibu hs denied them d chance.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by MurderX: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
djkirkoo2:
It was same thing they did to me in 2009. I applied for Education Economics & OMT but to my greatest surprise, wen my admission letter came I saw Fisheries Technology & now I have Bachelor of fisheries and aquatic studies degree. Praise the Lord.

Check up how many of their children studied Fisheries and Aquatic Studies.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
AkunneObinna:
I really don't get this, I applied for FUTO to study computer science, I checked the schools website to discover my name wasn't on the list. Then I re-printed my JAMB result slip and it still says FUTO, how do I know where I was re-posted to?
u got to wait till august 3 then access jamb website to check ur new skul..

I also applied for futo,luckly i was eligible.

It depends on ur scores thoor

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by dozies: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
Oga JAMB boss. I agree with your policy but the implimentation may induce distrust. Hence i will suggest that to enhance transparency, the over subsctibed universities should offer admissions based on highest scorer from Jamb exams to fill their capacity. While jamb should suggest names of universities with lower candidates subscription for same course to the outstanding 7750 csndidstes out of 8000 for instance.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Walelavender(m): 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
charix:

Abeg stop misinforming gullible ones. Prof Ojerinde used to be NECO boss until he was appointed as JAMB boss in April 2012. Primary school ko..kindergarten ni. Next time be objective with your comment. Google is your padi
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by otokx(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Its like DIBU went to church today.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
So we that score 245 and we wrote NDA and our names never made it for the 4th time I don de regret wasting my my marks for NDA
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by oskaaay(m): 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
Just enjoying myself with frontpage articles after service...lot to laugh about...God forgive them indeed ooooo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

NOW OUT ON NAIRALAND?
Top 10 Richest Nigerian Nollywood Actresses In 2015, Number 1 Is A Shocker! details at below:

Number 10: Uche Jumbo

With Net-worth of over N54.5 Million. Uche Jumbo is an actress to watch and a three in one (3-in-1) dynamic lady, actress, producer and screen writer.

09: Chioma Chukwuka- Full list and details at https://www.nairaland.com/2478849/top-10-richest-nigerian-nollywood
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by kaka74: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Kolade354:
He is damn Right!....... Many student will waste their mark while waiting to study Medicine.

Is that why dey should post someone dat applied for unilag to babcock na dem go pay the sch fees
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Olucheye(m): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by SlyCharlie(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
AkunneObinna:

Thanks A lot. I think I have used up my re-print, I might have to buy a card.
u most welcome
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by kayalcomp: 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Help us ask prof Dibu whether he is the one that will pay school fees of students that will be send to private university. Or is he going to place them on scholarship? Because i wounder how someone from low income family can afford 300K or more as a school fees for a year for private university.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Obiwannn: 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
SADLY MANY PERSONS SPEWING TRASH ON THIS THREAD SUPPORTING DIBU'S PLAN ARE MYOPIC AND ARE NOT DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY THE NEW DEVELOPMENTS. JAMB SHOULD BE SCRAPED! A STANDARDIZED TEST SYSTEM LIKE THAT EMPLOYED IN THE US, INDIA AND CHINA ADOPTED AND EACH SCHOOL SHOULD HAVE AN ADMISSION/DEPARTMENTAL COMMITTEE THAT SETS ITS INDIVIDUAL CUTOFF MARKS AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Sorry State Of This Primary School In Zamfara: Photos / Cherubim And Seraphim Church To Establish University At Omu Aran Kwara / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.