Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! (10834 Views)

Poll: Can Christians and Moslems be friends?

Yes: 73% (59 votes)
No: 26% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

To African Christians And Moslems / The So Called Dedicated Christains And Moslems Are The Most Wicked On Earth / Catholics And Moslems, Yall Done Had Your Fun, Now Lets Get Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2006
Olabowale should marry Babyosisi and Orikinla should marry Mukina2. grin

Islam and Christianity in holy wedlock.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by olabowale(m): 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Orikinla: You have to convert to Islam, before any Muslimwoman is permissable to you. That's the law from the Most Powerful, Swift in Punishment.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2006
olabowale:

@Orikinla: You have to convert to Islam, before any Muslimwoman is permissable to you. That's the law from the Most Powerful, Swift in Punishment.

That's the law from the most hypocritical, two-faced 'god' you meant to say?

And why would HE have to convert to Islam before a muslim woman can marry him and the same is not applied to muslim men who in fact are ENCOURAGED to marry christians and jewish women!

No wonder the lecherous fellows go on rampage once they arrive in the land of the "infidels"!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2006
olabowale:

I can convert just for the nikah and then she has to follow me to Church.
All right?
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by olabowale(m): 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Orikinla: Never. It is not permissible that a nonmuslim man marry a muslim woman. You are the one who should convert. However, I like your style. You at least come out and show your true color. Even though, your writing is more imagination than reality. At least one knows right from the start who you are and all. Unlike the others. I think Nigeria need people like you, for a better society.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2006
It is not permissible because she'll be killed and allah will sanction such killing.
but a man can marry any one he chooses.
what partiality!!!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2006
It would be better they allow me to marry her than chop and clean mouth or what I call do and go. grin
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Aggressa(m): 1:15am On Oct 11, 2006
babyosisi:

It is not permissible because she'll be killed and allah will sanction such killing.
but a man can marry any one he chooses.
what partiality!!!

@all,
So is it sensible to think such a gender-biased and violent-permitting god is 'the God'? No!! such a god must be 'a god'
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 11, 2006
Orikinla:

Olabowale should marry Babyosisi and Orikinla should marry Mukina2. grin

Islam and Christianity in holy wedlock.

Tufiakwa
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:38am On Oct 11, 2006
Do Jewish not worship the God of Abraham?
Do Muslims not worship the God of Abraham?
Do Chrstians not worship the God of Abraham?

Then what is the problem. We should learn to tolerate each other, if we can not love each other like God has said.

The Quran teachas of peace
The Holy Bible teaches of peace
The Torah teaches of peace
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 11, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

Do Jewish not worship the God of Abraham?
Do Muslims not worship the God of Abraham?
Do Chrstians not worship the God of Abraham?

Then what is the problem. We should learn to tolerate each other, if we can not love each other like God has said.

Oh don't we all wish it were that simplistic?
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:04am On Oct 11, 2006
Is it not men who pervert the teachings? Not the teachings who pervert the men !
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Aggressa(m): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2006
@JosBoy4Lif

Well, I have scripture backed Answers to your question, so no controversy:
1)Do Jews not worship the God of Abraham?: Yes they do, but some do not yet believe in the Son, but "Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life: No man cometh unto the Father but by the Son". (John 14 vs 6) But eventually they will believe in the Son. (see Roman 11 for that confirmation)

2)Do Muslims not worship the God of Abraham?:  undecided Actually,,,,,,,,, No, they don't!! because I can't find it in the Bible that they do, but found those who worship/pray like them in Ezekiel 8 vs 16; then read what the God of Abraham said in the next 2 verse.

3)Do Christians not worship the God of Abraham:? Heil Yes!!, we do indeed. "The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go". (Acts 3 vs 13) Additionally, He is the true living God who "so loved the world that He gave His only beggoten Son that whosoever believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life"(John 3:16)

The Quran teaches peace: show us where, willing to see please
The Bible teaches peace: Abundantly, e.g Read Matthew Chapter 5, vs 1-end for starters!!!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by ishmael(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

If what the koran says about killing and beheading of non-muslims and muslims who convert to other religion is peace, then i wonder what it would have looked like if the koran supports violence. This kind of peace wey involve blood shedding na wa oo!!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2006
I don't believe in theology.
I believe in love.
And God is love.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2006
you guys keep repeating yourselves. its really beginning to be boring. "Lakum Deenukum wa liyaddeen"
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2006
belloti:

you guys keep repeating yourselves. its really beginning to be boring. "Lakum Deenukum wa liyaddeen"

There is nothing wrong in talking on and on until we reach a final conclusion.
Because, I still see that the religious differences are even more dangerous than our tribal differences.

My joy is that Yoruba Moslems will not attack Yoruba Christians.
But unforunately Hausa Islamists attack and kill their fellow Hausa non-Muslims in their terrorist attacks in Northern Nigerian.

We have to address the thorny issues of Hausa Fulani Moslems who are still discriminating against non-Muslems in Nigeria. But hypocritically the same Hausa Fulani Moslems come down South to work as gatemen for Christian employers and they call them Oga and collect alms from infidels? But go behind to curse them?
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2006
Oriki, i wonder how u intend to achieve that on nairaland pages. The fact is we can never be what you want us to be. we ve got to be what we are. We are muslims and you are Christians, who do not believe in one God. We should be grateful that we can even sit down and talk about this widenning gulf. We are practically very very different. We can never close rank with apostacy and paganism. There is only one God and Muhammad is the messenger of God, like Moses, Abraham, Noah, Lot, Isaac, and Easa(AS), Son of Mary- who you referred to as Jesus and conveniently called your own God.

Oriki, killings, Terrorism and other major vices, just like armed robbery are things we can not deal with here, because we are talking to the wrong audience. The best we can do here is to understand our respective differences and see if we can strike some kind of synergy to brighten the hope for our common goal, which is Peaceful co-existence.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2006
belloti:

Oriki, i wonder how u intend to achieve that on nairaland pages. The fact is we can never be what you want us to be. we ve got to be what we are. We are muslims and you are Christians, who do not believe in one God. We should be grateful that we can even sit down and talk about this widenning gulf. We are practically very very different. We can never close rank with apostacy and paganism. There is only one God and Muhammad is the messenger of God, like Moses, Abraham, Noah, Lot, Isaac, and Easa(AS), Son of Mary- who you referred to as Jesus and conveniently called your own God.

Oriki, killings, Terrorism and other major vices, just like armed robbery are things we can not deal with here, because we are talking to the wrong audience. [b]The best we can do here is to understand our respective differences and see if we can strike some kind of synergy to brighten the hope for our common goal, which is Peaceful co-existence.
[/b]

Take that last sentence to your home state of Zamfara and start from there,since you must have learnt by now that the beheadings cause death to the beheaded and agony to the survivors.

Orikinla you forgot to add that the Hausa Muslims in their rampage also slaughter Yoruba Muslims.
One in Kano a yoruba professor was called a yeye Muslim before the allah akbar singing idiot chopped his head off.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2006
Babyosisi, There has never being a case of beheading in Zamfara. Infact in the history of the young state, there has never being any kind of religious violence. If you dont know, a delegation led by the Archbishop of Canteburry Mr. Rowan Atkinson visited zamfara to commend the governor some time ago. Even CAN gave him some awards last year. I mean people that are more passionate about christianity.

You only seem to be frustrating yourself with unneccessary hatred. i dont think it will do you any good.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2006
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

~ John 14:6 (New International Version)
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 11:49am On Oct 12, 2006
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #256)
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2006
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #62)
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2006
Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #136)
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2006
Mankind was one single nation, and Allah sent Messengers with glad tidings and warnings; and with them He sent the Book in truth, to judge between people in matters wherein they differed; but the People of the Book, after the clear Signs came to them, did not differ among themselves, except through selfish contumacy. Allah by His Grace Guided the believers to the Truth, concerning that wherein they differed. For Allah guided whom He will to a path that is straight.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #213)
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2006
Belloti,
May God deliver us from all falsehood.
Amen.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2006
belloti:

Babyosisi, There has never being a case of beheading in Zamfara. Infact in the history of the young state, there has never being any kind of religious violence. If you don't know, a delegation led by the Archbishop of Canterbury Mr. Rowan Atkinson visited zamfara to commend the governor some time ago. Even CAN gave him some awards last year. I mean people that are more passionate about Christianity.

You only seem to be frustrating yourself with unnecessary hatred. i don't think it will do you any good.

How about the state they carved you out from,did zamfarans reform after they they were carved out?
How can we ever contain your murderous brethren?
If Christians gave the governor accolades and commendations,I hope he accepted it well.
We are trying to prevent further blood shed by your brethren not necessarily for any good he's done
Isn't this the same man under the lenses of EFCC for mega stealing  but would readily chop off the hands of a petty thief and stone a raped woman to death.
The same Governor who obstructs building of Churches and promotes demolition of others to model zamfara after Saudi?
I hope the awards calms him and his people down a bit because people will not spare you guys anymore next time you come out of the mosques like buffoons chanting allah akbar and the other Jihad songs to appease allah.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Chxta(m): 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2006
Like I've said earlier, I hate religous discussions. They often go nowhere.

This thread got derailed as far back as page one!

http://www.fatherdave.org/friends/index.html

Can you guys get back to topic? I'll watch once again. And have this in mind: God doesn't need us to defend Him!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Memunah(f): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2006
I personally see nothing bad there @ leaat we are all human beings and we are all from the same God,so wat the big deal with being friends with a christian wen you are a muslim.I dont even see any big deal in getting married to a christian.we ve got to spread the word LOVE.so no Qualms on dat
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by jayvinnie(m): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2006
i think so
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2006
I did not stop my Christian friend from her decision to marry another Muslim friend I have taken places from Lagos to Abuja to Bonny Island. And we entered the same plane and had his own separate single suite in Bolingo Hotels in Abuja and he enjoyed all these gratis. And now he is going to Church.

I believe that we all can appreciate ourselves and live together in love, peace and unity.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 13, 2006
Top 10 Reasons Islam Might Not Be a Religion of Peace
Written by Don Feder
Thursday, August 31, 2006

A passenger revolt occurred on a Malaga-Manchester flight.  Vacationing Brits refused to fly with two Arabic-speaking men.  This came in the wake of arrests of 21 British-born Muslims who were plotting to blow up as many as 11 trans-Atlantic flights.

A spokesman for Britain’s opposition Tory party said the passengers panicked into “behaving irrationally.”  Fancy that, not wanting to fly with members of a faith whose adherents keep trying to blow things up.  Oh, how irrational!

Within days of this incident, a Lebanese student was arrested for trying to plant bombs on German trains.  In India, meanwhile, a group with alleged ties to al-Qaeda threatened to blow up the 17th century Taj Mahal.

If Muslims make travelers nervous, it’s not without cause.

Would you be more likely to have an anxiety attack at 20,000 feet if the passenger seated next to you was: A) An Irish nun saying the Rosary? B) A Mormon missionary in regulation white shirt and narrow, black tie? C) A Hari Krishna in a standard-issue saffron robe? or D) A bearded bloke of Middle Eastern complexion holding a well-thumbed Koran?

When you hear of a terrorist incident, is the first thought that pops into your head: Probably some crazy Muslim?  Guess what?  It probably was some crazy Muslim!

Guessing the religion of those who plant bombs, highjack planes, fire into crowds of civilians, take hostages, and murder hostages is the world’s ultimate no-brainer.

And yet our leaders, the media, and many of us pretend there’s absolutely no connection between psychopathic, ideological killers and the religion which exalts the slaughter of unbelievers.

To counter confusion here, a la Letterman, I humbly offer The Top 10 Reasons Why It’s Quite Possible That Islam Isn’t Exactly a Religion of Peace.

#1 While it’s certainly true that not all Muslims are terrorists, it’s equally true that most terrorists are Muslims.

Think about the really ghastly terrorist incidents over the past two decades: the 1983 Beirut Marine barracks bombing (242 dead), the 1988 Pam Am 103 bombing (259 dead), the 1993 World Trade Center attack (6 dead, more than 1,000 injured), the 1994 bombing of the Buenos Aires Jewish Center (86 dead), the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam (291 dead, 5,000 wounded), the 2000 attack on the U.S.S. Cole (17 dead), September 11, 2001 (over 3,000 killed), the 2002 Moscow theater hostage-taking (94 dead), the 2004 Beslan school hostage crisis (344 dead), the 2004 Madrid train bombings (192 dead), the 2005 London underground bombings (56 dead) and the 2006 commuter train bombings in Mumbai--formerly Bombay--(at least 200 dead).

In each and every case, the killers were …?  That is correct, sir: Muslims!  What other religion condones savagery committed in its name?  Jesus said turn the other cheek.  Muhammed said cut off the other guy’s cheek.  The Torah says show kindness to strangers.  The Koran says: If you can’t convert them, .

#2 Muslims don’t play well with other children.  Wherever there’s religious bloodshed anywhere in the world, it’s invariably Muslims versus someone else.  Could this be a coincidence?

Israel, Gaza and Lebanon – Muslims verses Jews. Kashmir – Muslims vs. Hindus. Kosovo/Bosnia – Muslims vs. Serbian Orthodox. Nigeria, the Sudan – Muslims versus Christians. Indonesia – Muslims vs. Christians. Myanmar – Muslims vs. Buddhists. The Northern Caucuses– Chechen Muslims against Russia Orthodox, and so on.

Inquiring minds want to know why the “religion of peace” can’t behave peaceably with any other religion.

Answer: Islam remains what it was at its beginning 1,300 years ago: a violent, expansionist faith that will tolerate no competitors.  What other religion has the concept of jihad (holy war) – the notion that if you die fighting for Allah you get 72 virgins (exhausting as that must be) in Paradise?  Muhammed started by eliminating the competition – annihilating Jewish tribes in the Arabian Peninsula. More than a millennium latter, it’s still business as usual for his successors.

3. For Muslims, violence and threats of violence are always the first resort to any perceived insult or injury.[/color][color=#990000]

Recall the Muslim response to Danish cartoons of their beloved prophet.  The Danish embassy in Beirut was burned to the ground. There were death threats against the cartoonists and the editors of papers that published the cartoons. (In London, protestors held signs proclaiming “Those who insult Islam should die” and “Europe is a disease. Islam is the cure.”)

In rioting in Nigeria, Libya, Pakistan, and Afghanistan, 139 died.  Protestors were particularly offended by the implication of the cartoons – that Muhammed and his religion encourage murder and mayhem.  The irony of “They say Islam promotes violence?  For that they should die!” was lost on demonstrators.

4. Islam is virulently anti-Semitic.

Jews have been described as the miner’s canary of the world. Those who start with the Jews never stop there.  The 20th century’s mass murderers--the Nazis and communists--saw Jews as a special threat.  Hitler killed 6 million Jews--as well as millions of non-Jews.

The Koran connects genocide to the end times: “The last hour will not come before the Muslims fight the Jews and the Muslims kill them, so Jews will hide behind stones and trees and the Stone and the tree  will say ‘O Muslim, ‘O servant of God!  There is a Jew behind me; come and kill him.’” Muhammed called Jews “the descendants of apes and pigs.”

Every anti-Semitic canard in history has currency in the Muslim world, including the Blood Libel (that Jews murder non-Jewish children and use their blood to bake Passover matzo) and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion (“exposing” a Jewish conspiracy to subdue humanity).

Jew-hatred is a staple of Muslim rhetoric.

In a recent interview with the Egyptian weekly Al-Ahram, Gen. Hamid Gul (former head of Pakistani Intelligence) said Mel Gibson was right, “Jews cause all the wars.” Egyptian Mufti Sheikh Ali Gum’a says the war in Lebanon once again exposed the “Hebrew entity” (Israel) as “the bloodsuckers… who prepare matzos from human blood.” In Britain, popular Islamic cleric Sheikh Abdullah el-Faisal (a Jamaican convert) tells audiences “Jews should be killed… as by Hitler.”

When he met John Paul II in 2001, Syrian President-for-Life Bashar Assad told the pontiff that the Jews "try to kill all the principles of divine faith with the same mentality of betraying Jesus and torturing him."

And Adb al-Rahman al-Sudais, sheikh of Mecca’s Grand Mosque, in Islam’s holiest city, calls Jews “the scum of the earth,” and calls for the genocide of a people who are, in the sheikh’s words, “an ongoing continuum of deceit, obstinacy, licentiousness, evil and corruption.”

Muslims really have a hard time deciding whether the Holocaust: 1) Never happened 2) Is grossly exaggerated or 3) Didn’t go far enough.

#5 – Public Opinion in the Muslim World Is Scary.

Muslim public opinion can be summarized as acid hatred, chauvinism and revenge fantasies--leavened with paranoia.  In the five years since 9/11, polls consistently show that, irrefutable evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, worldwide, a majority of Muslims believe the World Trade Center attack couldn’t possibly have been committed by Arab Muslims.

Naturally, they attribute the crime to “Zionists.”  If someone wrote a book titled “How to Fly a Plane Into a Skyscraper Whilst Using Human Blood to Bake Matzos: A Zionist Training Manual,” it would top the Tehran Bestsellers List.

#6 –Generally, the more Muslim a nation, the more lunatic and dangerous it is.

Think Iran.  Think Saudi Arabia.  Think Afghanistan while the Taliban was in power.

Think of the fate of women in these regimes--consigned to the status of breeding stock.  Think of their attitudes toward democracy, civil liberties and minority rights:  No way, Jamal.

As a rule, the more a nation is governed by Islamic law and customs, the more it hates the West, supports terrorism (Iran’s support for Hezbollah, Syria's support for Hamas, Al Qaeda training camps in Taliban Afghanistan.  Radical mosques in the United States financed by the Saudis), and covets weapons of mass jihad (witness Iran’s nuclear program).

If Islam is the religion of peace, where is its St. Francis of Assisi, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Mother Teresa? Where are the Islamic equivalents of the Quakers and Jehovah’s Witnesses?
Far from making rulers more enlightened, Islam specializes in the mass production of Ayatollah Khomeinis, Osama bin Ladens, Mullah Omars, Hafez Assads, and Saddam Husseins.

#7 – When a young Muslim becomes more involved with his religion, his thoughts often stray to suicide bombing.[/color][color=#990000][/color]

I was in London when the latest terrorist conspiracy went down.  On the evening news, I heard a BBC reporter interviewing a neighbor of one of the suspects.  “He was a good lad,” the neighbor opined.  “Played football” (British soccer). “Recently, he became very involved with his religion” (hint: not the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).

How often have we heard those fatal words?  Born-again Christians witness and do good works.  Born-again Muslims work with liquid explosives.

Converts to a cause are usually the most enthusiastic.  Paul became Christianity’s first missionary and foremost proselytizer.

Converts to Islam frequently end up shooting total strangers (John Muhammad and Lee Malvo), try to detonate planes with explosives in their shoes (Richard Reid), fight against their country (American Taliban John Walker Lindh), and frag fellow GIs (Hassan Akbar ). When was the last time you heard of a Jewish convert going after civilians with a high-powered rifle, or a Catholic convert waging jihad to avenge Thomas Moore?

Religion usually makes people better (kinder, more compassionate, and more tolerant).  The religion of peace is the exception to the rule. You might say that Islam is to religion as rap is to music.

[color=#990000]#8 – Islam isn’t minority friendly
[/color][color=#990000][/color].

In Freedom House’s 2006 Global Survey, of the eight countries with the worst human rights records, five are Muslim:  Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Libya, Syria and Sudan.  The other three--Cuba, North Korea and Burma--are communist dictatorships. Cuba and North Korea are frequently aligned with radical Muslim regimes.

Which would you rather be: a Muslim living in Tel Aviv or a Jew living in Tehran?  A Coptic Christian in Egypt or an Egyptian Muslim in Rome?  An Orthodox Serb in Muslim Kosovo or a Turk in Germany?

Islam has the concept of the dhimmi (non-Moslem living under Islam), which is several steps below blacks in the Jim Crow South--though slightly better than Jews in Nazi Germany.

[color=#990000]#9 – Where Have All the Moderate Muslims Gone--Long Time Passing?

If suicide bombers are radical Muslims, apologists for suicide bombers must be moderate Muslims.  (In a letter to Tony Blair following the unraveling of the latest plot, 40 Muslim community leaders--including six members of Parliament--claimed Britain’s foreign policy gave “ammunition to extremists.”)

If someone slaughtered hundreds of innocents in the name of Christianity, everyone from the Pope and Billy Graham to your parish priest or local pastor would denounce the crime as an obscenity--without reference to the fall of Constantinople.

Hardly a day goes by that evil isn’t perpetrated in the name of Islam somewhere in the world.  When it comes to denouncing same, moderate Muslims are mostly AWOL.

Occasionally, we’ll hear from a Muslim not mired in the Dark Ages. Usually, they’re wondering where all of the other moderate Muslims are. One is Irshad Manji, a fellow at Yale University and the author of “The Trouble With Islam Today: A Muslim’s Call for Reform in Her Faith.”

Ms Manji can author such a book while safely ensconced in New Haven. If she wrote a book suggesting--or even hinting--that Islam is less than perfection, while residing anywhere in the Muslim world, she’d be dead. In fact, in many parts of the Islamic world, a woman can get in serious trouble for reading a book.

# 10 – Islam is bent on global conquest.

“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant.  The Koran … should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth.” – Omar Ahmad, founder of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR).

“Islam will return to Europe.  The conquest need not necessarily be by the sword.  Perhaps we will conquer these lands without armies.  We want an army of preachers and teachers who will present Islam in all languages and all dialects.” Dr. Al-Qaradawi, Egyptian-born, Qatar-based spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood.

“The Muslims are required to raise the banner of jihad in order to make the Word of Allah supreme in the world.” -posting on the website of the Islamic Affairs Department of the Saudi government. (These oil-rich ts control roughly 80% of U.S. mosques.)

“Islam is advancing according to a steady plan, to the point that tens of thousands of Muslims have joined the American army and Islam is the second largest religion in America. America will be destroyed. But we must be patient.” -Saudi Professor Nassar bin Suleiman al-Omar on al-Majd TV.

Within 100 years of Muhammed’s death, Islam had conquered the Middle East and spread across North Africa before it was finally stopped in southern France.  Today, due to immigration, one in every 10 Frenchmen is a Muslim and an estimated 50,000 convert to Islam each year.

In Britain, with 1.5 million Muslims, attendance at mosques is higher than at services for the Church of England.  Islam is spreading down both coasts of Africa--in Nigeria, Kenya, the Sudan, and Ethiopia--as well as in the Balkans, former Soviet republics, Asia, and the Philippines.

Whether they bury us with swords, explosives, or immigration and procreation, the fate Islam has in store for us is the same.

If you don’t get it, you’re not paying attention. Or, perhaps your religion (liberalism) blinds you to the truth.

Islam is: A) A religion of peace B) A religion of rest in peace C) A religion that leaves you in pieces or D) A religion that wants a piece of what you have now--the rest later?

About the Writer: Don Feder is a former Boston Herald writer and syndicated columnist, currently making a modest living as a political/media consultant and free-lance writer. He's the author of "Who's Afraid of The Religious Right" and "A Jewish Conservative Looks at Pagan America." His writings can be found at http://www.donfeder.com.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.