Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! (10835 Views)

Poll: Can Christians and Moslems be friends?

Yes: 73% (59 votes)
No: 26% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

To African Christians And Moslems / The So Called Dedicated Christains And Moslems Are The Most Wicked On Earth / Catholics And Moslems, Yall Done Had Your Fun, Now Lets Get Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2010
davidylan:

Mainly 3 categories of people:

a. muslims in denial

b. politically correct "christians"

c. Those who are neither here nor there!

Davidylan,
If you know how much I hate that word "politically correct." In short, that has to be the true reason why people think that this friendship thingy is possible. Imagine.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Remi1: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2010
Hello every1 I saw this topic , and I just had to comment. Off course both religions titled above can be friends . What it takes is understanding , education , reasoning and respect. As for me I come from a family blended with religions , and we get along just fine. We use the approach of " You do you and I'll do me " if there's a special occasion we rally around each other. Moreover , I think the reason this topic has been brought up is , because some muslim groups have been linked to terrorist activity. Lets face it there's evil everywhere and in both faiths there is history of violence stemmed from a person in both faiths. I think some nations are capitalizing on muslim crimes , because there's either a hidden agenda to make them look bad or there just ignorant. From the persective of the arabic muslim most of them feel they have injustice inflicted on them and they fight in the way they see it will work. It's not the best approach it builds vengence , but they get the attention they want on a particular issue. However , what I will point out is that in most cases depending on where a muslim is from and education , and exposure depends greatly on extremist views. Let us all pray that we will not be there when ANYY terrorist strikes and lets leave the job of crimes to the federal govt and police force . I hope everyone has a great week.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by otokx(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2010
This question is very naughty
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by ScienceWatch: 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
BlackMamba:
The problem for most people like me is the volatile nature of Islamic fundamentalists and the tacit endorsement of their actions by Islamic leaders. I can careless what anybody believes in, as long as you don't come for my head because I insulted your religious belief. This hyper-sensitivity that rears it's ugly head every now and then amongst Muslims is the true danger the world face today. No other religion will kill people over the kind of stuff that drive Muslims to commit murder, under the disguise of protecting the sanctity of their religion. Are other Gods not highly regarded as Allah, to make it's adherents kill at the slightest provocation? NO. It's called restraint and accommodation for other peoples views.
Islamic leaders has a lot of work to do to achieve lasting peace in the world.
Hi BLACKMAMBA, your statement "I cant careless what anybody believes in, as long as you don't come for my head because I insulted your religious belief."

You are ignorant of cause and effect. What do you think must happen to you when you insult his religious belief or his holy Prophet ?

Look at the cruel insults Christians have endured for two thousand years. See how this deeply loving and humble Jesus Christ is mocked by the world.

Is it any wonder why Islam came up with a solution to stop cowardly insults and punish foolishness.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by ScienceWatch: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
Certainly, both religions titled above can be friends and more than Just friends.
I have Muslim friends that are closer than a brother.

We have been to each others churches and mosques and respect and admire the good, religion is doing in society.

It is well known that Muslims are better at excepting higher truths about Gods love if it can be demonstrated.
Many enlightened Muslims are freely going to the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria to get healing and deliverance etc because
they have seen the Love of God demonstrated and the Muslims beloved Nabiesa (Jesus) is honored.

Muslims are not fooled by FAKE pastors calling them to convert to Christianity.

Jesus did not come to convert Muslims/ Jews/ Hindus/ Buddist etc to Christianity.

The main reason why Muslims feel free to go to the the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria is not only for the reliable miraculous healing etc, but also because they are not ask to convert to Christianity. Jesus never asked a person to convert from their religion. He freely taught the Jews in their temples. He did ask them to believe that he is who the Jewish Torah claimed He is ;

He is the Messiah

He is "the Truth", "He is the Way", "He is the Life".
If we all make time to understand the deep truth about this, all religions will experience what is experienced in the holy Scoan Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.