Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread - TV/Movies (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread (276697 Views)

Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (132) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by feminineA: 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Tunjasko:

but why is he emphasizing on it dat dere won't be recall for anyone......he z sounding lyk a very disappointed man

He's indirectly telling views to vote and that their opinion henceforth is no relevant.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Okpog(f): 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
The quest for swag (or a lack of it) is what ha led to unproductive selection of winners in the last few seasons of MPFN! Where is Ayo, that was selected over Marvis? Where is Wale? The only successful ones so far are those who won fair and square like Iyanya, Chidinma and Monica. If the organizers like they can decide to celebrate empty 'swag' or choose the best when it comes to singing and global marketability. that is their cup of tea, we will continue to vote for the best...... Time alone will tell!

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by viciati(m): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
all ye mufus dat dont like better thing! we will chock you.. still on.... #teamAnderson
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by tafrica(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
I can tell you that @Zuria is really afraid of Anderson and sees him as a big stumbling block for her favourite. I was for Chike initially but he hasn't lived up to expectation. I wouldn't mind Anderson, Ada or Arewa wins this prize. I'll still love Chike to remain till the final though and probably be among the top3. He stands such chance cuz it looks like a lot of fans are rooting for him, that will really help him.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Zuria(f): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
tafrica:
I can tell you that @Zuria is really afraid of Anderson and sees him as a big stumbling block for her favourite. I was for Chike initially but he hasn't lived up to expectation. I wouldn't mind Anderson, Ada or Arewa wins this prize. I'll still love Chike to remain till the final though and probably be among the top3. He stands such chance cuz it looks like a lot of fans are rooting for him, that will really help him.
grin grin all you teamAnderson sef ...your emotions really block your judgement tongue

Seriously speaking, Anderson has a great voice but lacks stage-presence...he used to be my favorite until he flopped Tuface song. I wish all of them the very best but wish all the females the prizes grin grin grin grin
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by incredu: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
Zuria:

grin grin all you teamAnderson sef ...your emotions really block your judgement tongue

Seriously speaking, Anderson has a great voice but lacks stage-presence...he used to be my favorite until he flopped Tuface song. I wish all of them the very best but wish all the females the prizes grin grin grin grin

It (Tuface) wasn't his genre. Even Pharrell would have flopped Tuface song.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by daxon001(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
silvermania:
Lol i just dey laff for una comments, so nazo una go do me when I go project fame cool guys be fare o
so u think u can sing uhnwen r u going?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by macklef(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
Okpog:
The quest for swag (or a lack of it) is what ha led to unproductive selection of winners in the last few seasons of MPFN! Where is Ayo, that was selected over Marvis? Where is Wale? The only successful ones so far are those who won fair and square like Iyanya, Chidinma and Monica. If the organizers like they can decide to celebrate empty 'swag' or choose the best when it comes to singing and global marketability. that is their cup of tea, we will continue to vote for the best...... Time alone will tell!
All those u mentioned were d swags of dier time. Where is that ibadan boy olawale(i never wanted him to win cos he was local) , d dude didnt even release a marketable single. But check out inyanya, praiz n chidima. Their style in addition to their music is what is keeping dem on the scenes.
My dear, you cant just rule out a sense of style in the music industry its paramount!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by oskamboo: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bringing back Anderson is a big mistake, it kills professionalism on the part of the organizers and trust of the ardent viewers. To be fair, they should shuffle songs for the contestants instead of imposing it on them. This will make them be always prepared because anyone can pick any form of song.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
daxon001:

so u think u can sing uhnwen r u going?
yea i think am trying people say my pitch is incredible and by God's grace my voice is k need more training though , school on my way ist, i will go when it time,
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by phrezzz: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
http://soundcloud.com/mannydrei link to download Anderson songs. listen to picture man My fav
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by superkoolkat(m): 11:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
bro, u don do dat online voting stuff? i subsribed, they took my 100 naira nd promised me my online voting pin.. bin waiting for 3 days nows now noting... undecided angry if they repeat this nonsense and i dont vote for anderson ehnnn....
phrezzz:
u dont mean it? goodluck. am going online to vote with the 100mb voting will do 500mb (500naira) (50votes) . game on!
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by imoniyi(f): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2015
please where can i watch project fame on star times or dstv.
but am not based in nigeria
i have star times nd dstv at a frnd's place
do they show it waptv.nigezie or tvc and what time
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by phrezzz: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
imoniyi:
please where can i watch project fame on star times or dstv.
but am not based in nigeria
i have star times nd dstv at a frnd's place
do they show it waptv.nigezie or tvc and what time
GETTV but d station is currently offline
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by okabe(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2015
oskamboo:
Bringing back Anderson is a big mistake, it kills professionalism on the part of the organizers and trust of the ardent viewers.
Before I start, let me state emphatically that I'm not an Anderson fan nor do I root for him. That been said, I don't really think bringing him back was a mistake. In fact, I believe it was a good tactical move. You needed to have been across all social platforms to witness how Anderson's fans and project fame lovers were lamenting and raving about his early eviction. I mean, it's only normal for any person to cave once the pressure is on.
PS, it probably gained project fame some fans they would have otherwise lost.

oskamboo:
To be fair, they should shuffle songs for the contestants instead of imposing it on them. This will make them be always prepared because anyone can pick any form of song.
On this one I totally agree with you. Actually, you just spoke my inner thoughts. Like WTF!?! Who is to say that anybody dishing out the songs wouldn't be biased and partial about it. For this we country, ojoro go everly find im way enter dat song selection.
I think the contestants should blindly draw from a few selected songs or even left to pick their own songs from a given genre (though if u do dis one, sharp guys go dey play safe, lol).

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 03, 2015
You people talking about the selection of songs to me it ok. As a good artist you should be able to blend with any type of song irrespective of the type of song you love to do, other winners did the same so it should be no issue. Akon sings the American way but when the need arises we all heard and saw how he blended into p square's chop my money and few others.

Drops mic
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by emmastone019(f): 9:21am On Sep 03, 2015
Arewa, Jeff, Deinde Are In. Ogechi frm d US is out. Henry got a Yes!
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by mapsmatician(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:

Lol...Wait! Did i just time travel or what? This post is confusing.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Zuria(f): 10:41am On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:

Wake up honey, we are in 2015...you are so 1999 grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by phrezzz: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:
ROTFLMAO
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 11:38am On Sep 03, 2015
I was watching season 7 group song specifically Micheal Jackson and Lagbaja tribute and oh my my I was tripped and what a wonderful performance it was. The costume and choreograph was on point.

MTN should please bring Kaffy back. I never understand the weight her roles carried until today.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by incredu: 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2015
silvermania:
You people talking about the selection of songs to me it ok. As a good artist you should be able to blend with any type of song irrespective of the type of song you love to do, other winners did the same so it should be no issue. Akon sings the American way but when the need arises we all heard and saw how he blended into p square's chop my money and few others.

Drops mic

Every artiste has his genre. So I beg to disagree. You don't ask Lagbaja to sing R.Kelly. You see what I did there?
To be sure there is no partiality, the songs shd b randomly picked. Especially now that it appears Uncle Ben has some favourites.

By the way, it is not Social Media that brought back Anderson o! These shows are pre-recorded at least 24 hours before broadcast.
So what you watched on TV on Saturday as his eviction was actually done on Friday night. And they had already called him by Saturday morning back to the academy, even before the public watched his eviction and were screaming on Saturday evening. I like the Anderson guy sha!
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Zellie: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:
LMAO. You use airtel? grin
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Adortem: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:
When I saw this post, I thought I was in a wrong thread,WTH what space did you come from dear?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
incredu:

Every artiste has his genre. So I beg to disagree. You don't ask Lagbaja to sing R.Kelly. You see what I did there?
To be sure there is no partiality, the songs shd b randomly picked. Especially now that it appears Uncle Ben has some favourites.

By the way, it is not Social Media that brought back Anderson o! These shows are pre-recorded at least 24 hours before broadcast.
So what you watched on TV on Saturday as his eviction was actually done on Friday night. And they had already called him by Saturday morning back to the academy, even before the public watched his eviction and were screaming on Saturday evening. I like the Anderson guy sha!
u not chaging ur genre of music, it a competition, even if you giving a fuji u should be able to master and perform the song well just 4 d competition, I believe if lagbaja should participate in project fame before he became a star he would had surely sang a r kelly type of song,.. I once heard a fuji guy doing a chris Brown song but it was horrible though lol,

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by feminineA: 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
incredu:

Nop. the result of Anderson been evicted has already been leaked that Friday night. so the rave of bring Anderson back started on Friday. even those that are yet to watch was clamoring for his return. and yes the viewers uproar from Friday night brought about his return

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by incredu: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
feminineA:

Nop. the result of Anderson been evicted has already been leaked that Friday night. so the rave of bring Anderson back started on Friday. even those that are yet to watch was clamoring for his return. and yes the viewers uproar from Friday night brought about his return

Let's agree to disagree then.

Methinks the judges did it on their own prerogative.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by imoniyi(f): 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
what number is gettv on star times
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by vanvick247(m): 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
phrezzz:
http://soundcloud.com/mannydrei link to download Anderson songs. listen to picture man My fav

Wow!!! I just listened to his cover of Pharrell's "HAPPY" tru dis same link.. Damn!!! In Cobam's voice "Son(Anderson) you can sing" Guys listen to dis cover and u will undastand wat I am saying.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by phrezzz: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
vanvick247:

Wow!!! I just listened to his cover of Pharrell's "HAPPY" tru dis same link.. Damn!!! In Cobam's voice "Son(Anderson) you can sing" Guys listen to dis cover and u will undastand wat I am saying.
Lol ikr! we have our grammy potential winner at last!

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by homesteady(m): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
ehennn.... I just remembered gringrin
Who saw when Anderson was twisting during Joke Silva's class? gringrin it was so feminine tho'
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by homesteady(m): 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Concerning the selection of songs, I still prefer the current method! The main advantage of the faculty choosing songs for them is that they'll give them songs that perfectly fits their voices and songs that will bring out their best! e.g if they are not choosing songs for Jeff, people would not know he has a good falsetto! The judges also mix up things by giving them songs they'll not really be comfortable with e.g when they gave Anderson 2face song!

Though it may look partial sometimes because some people always get popular interesting song gringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (132) (Reply)

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House / Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.