Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) (67346 Views)

Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant / Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 28, 2015
bi0nics:

I have been looking all over for you Wont you come to bed nini undecided
I was someone ni ogrin
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2015
Tonylyte:
Lol, keeping my fingers crossed.
no wahalagrin na
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Ayocharles(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2015
Otherique:
A responsive Government If you ask me,
He didn't even wait for it to stop drizzling before reaching out to those affected.

I hope he takes concrete steps in addressing this issue.
nice question @othrique. you swimming in the flood does not solve any probs. just make sure you do something to prevent it
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Tonylyte(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2015
vheMa:
no wahalagrin na
Make e no tay sha. I don dey loose my patience here.
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by peeta89(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2015
vicadex07:
Omg is this biafraland...wow so beautiful. Look at all this sceneries. We must all leave this zoo called nigeria and enter into our big fishpond. The biafran dream must materialize...al hail kanu
You are calling your country Nigeria a zoo. I want to also say that your so called Biafra is the biggest zoo in the world.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2015
vicadex07:
Omg is this biafraland...wow so beautiful. Look at all this sceneries. We must all leave this zoo called nigeria and enter into our big fishpond. The biafran dream must materialize...al hail kanu
Another loose dog...

Dialing Animal Service..
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by PecE2Make: 9:32am On Jul 28, 2015
Assuming the governor falls on the ground, what do we call it. Besides, I can't see any APGA umbrella there, Does it mean they are not proud of their party?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by obynaDmob(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2015
Wetyn rain do am? undecided
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by CSTR2: 11:52am On Jul 28, 2015
vicadex07:
What is hindering biafraland from creating eden right now from the current fishpond they are swimming in right now. Has any of your gorvernors or politicians ever been starved of funds from the FG.

You all like blaming others esp yoruba for your problems. From the inception of this new democracy that started in 1999, you have all kept on voting for the same set of politicians and political party and u expect change?

Is it an hausa gorvernor or Yoruba that is ruling over abia? You all need to change your ways and start being responsible for yourselfves in this zoo first by being political aware, mending tribal bridges and harmoniously demanding an end to the status quo from your politicians.

That is much more viable and much attainable than a bloody revolution for the clamour of biafra
The SE gets by far the lowest federal allocation and FG presence despite being a majority ethnic region.
It has no say over its political and economic destiny as most of the northern rulers we have ruling from abuja are more or less imbeciles.
Even if we have jesus christ governing south east states, i doubt if he could change the SE to eden as long as the SE remain tettered to this unfeasible and unproductive union.
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Stop being ignorant;Anambra has mountains of pressing issues and citizens blocking drainage with refuse,which makes the flooding worse than it could ever be is one of them. You are crying about taxes,how do you expect the government to execute their projects. If you don't like paying taxes in Anambra pack your load and leave our land! Building a state should be a combined effort. You think running a state like Anambra is a childs play?
What do you know about taxes? When did self imposed levy turn to tax? If you can note, I am not in your state and cant be. What will I be doing in a state without a gorgeous night life? I rather be in Asaba Delta state than there. Tell him as I know he is your godfather that the populace are waiting for his second bid. I could remember, my dad once told me how tortoise was appointed to share meat in a gathering, he cornered his loot, later he asked the crowd if he did the assignment well, they told him 'if we appoint you to do seemingly subsequent time, know you did well'. His time starts now.
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Ephemmm: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
psychologist:
Never heard of a amobode since after election

Just thinking out loud tho undecided

Don't worry, when the flood affect your house too, you will hear him. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by prinok7(m): 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bonapart:
Not our business

your fellow nigerians and human beings are ravaged by flood and it's not your business?anyway the day you will run into your own troubles,it will also not be the business of others.such callous indifference! whatever has happened to neighbourliness in this present age!God have mercy on us all.because it's not your immediate family,so it's not your concern.God have pity on you.
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by papalumi29(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
waterhouse071:
I wonder why our cities are not well planned to prevent these recurrent floods everywhere in nigeria

Don't tell me u never heard of flood and other natural disasters in America and other advanced countries.
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by onenaira3: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
nyabinghi:
igbos makoko and okoko are more than those in igboland, s west improving igbo lives since 33bc

Mud house South West. The only region where capital city like oshogbo is equivalent to an underdeveloped village. The area where everywhere is a brown roof poverty. Lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooo.

This nigga got jokes. Abeg tell your rubbish to people who haven't seen South West

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by onenaira3: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
vicadex07:
What is hindering biafraland from creating eden right now from the current fishpond they are swimming in right now. Has any of your gorvernors or politicians ever been starved of funds from the FG.

You all like blaming others esp yoruba for your problems. From the inception of this new democracy that started in 1999, you have all kept on voting for the same set of politicians and political party and u expect change?

Is it an hausa gorvernor or Yoruba that is ruling over abia? You all need to change your ways and start being responsible for yourselfves in this zoo first by being political aware, mending tribal bridges and harmoniously demanding an end to the status quo from your politicians.

That is much more viable and much attainable than a bloody revolution for the clamour of biafra

Oh shut your trap up. Enjoy your zoological Nigeria with underdevelopment and backwardness. Na by force people have to suffer with you in a pathetic, none growing country with illiterates as politicians. Na by force? If you enjoy backwardness and being in that animal screaching zoo you call Niggeria by all means enjoy am and stop trying to get everyone to follow you in that your third world mentality.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by smartchelsea(f): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
vicadex07:
is there any region that is not affected by flood.Why must we be tribalistic in all we do.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Popemax(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bonapart:
Not our business
it won't be ur business cos u live in glass house......watch ur mouth bro
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Duru1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Okijajuju1:

He actually ordered the immediate demolition of all structures blocking the water way.

That house submerged is at the end of the street my Aunty lives on and is just a few meters away. The house na one police oga house. I no dey pity am because hen boys dey behave like touts for the area.

The bolded is a mentality and line of action only found among clueless goons. Did the department of works not see the blockage before the down pour?
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by nyabinghi(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
onenaira3:

Mud house South West. The only region where capital city like oshogbo is equivalent to an underdeveloped village. The area where everywhere is a brown roof poverty. Lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooo.

This nigga got jokes. Abeg tell your rubbish to people who haven't seen South West
what are your bastard brothers doing in south west, your land is cursed no wonder you bitches cant stay at home
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by Bonapart(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
prinok7:

your fellow nigerians and human beings are ravaged by flood and it's not your business?anyway the day you will run into your own troubles,it will also not be the business of others.such callous indifference! whatever has happened to neighbourliness in this present age!God have mercy on us all.because it's not your immediate family,so it's not your concern.God have pity on you.
you guys are too fast... I didn't mean the predicament that be fallen the flood victim.... i mean the visit of the governor. Not until he do something about it
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by mikolo80: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
metronaija:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-ETFolpMwBwE/VbaYqVoeJRI/AAAAAAAABBM/rdyAlihub20/s320/obi.jpg[/img]
The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano defied the torrential rain across the state to inspect the havoc wrecked by flooding in some estates in Awka and Onitsha.

The governor who was presiding over the weekly Exco meeting had to call it off after report of collapse of buildings and flooding reached him.

Governor Obiano who was amongst early callers at Udoka Estate where a family was rescued after the collapse of their building, and at Ngozika Estate where a bungalow submerged, called on Ndi Anambra to stop building on storm water ways and blocking drainage.

“We cautioned our people to observe basic rules and guidelines when embarking on the construction of their buildings. We can see that the rain are here and is causing havoc here and there. People should desist from dumping refuse and blocking drains because it contributes to what we are witnessing. Anyone caught in the act will contend with relevant laws and where found guilty will be punished”, Governor Obiano said.

The governor sympathized with the retired AIG Ikemefuna Okoye whose house submerged and instructed that the occupants be lodged in a hotel for few days while remedial measures are made to check the flooding.

He also warned those whose buildings are blocking drains that the government will not hesitate to demolish them to save lives.

At 3-3 Onitsha where flooding eroded the foot of the bridge thereby obstructing traffic, Obiano observed that the building which caused the havoc has been pulled down as directed with the Nkisi flood channel opened for free-flow.

He stated that the rescue work on the bridge will be completed in two weeks and once more warned against blocking of the flood channel.

Similarly, facilities and fish worth millions of naira were destroyed at Abube-Nando as flood associated with yesterday’s rain which started by 7am lasted and up to mid-day emptied into the fish pond.

Mr Chris Chukwuemeka who owns the farms located between Oyi River and Anambra East local government area told newsmen that in addition, the feeds lost cost N1.5 million totally N7.5 millions of loss incurred

According to Chukwuemeka, “I started breeding the fish on 12th march, 2015, and 20,000 pieces were due for maturity 12th August, before the flood menace.”
[img]http://1.bp..com/-1gj4N93ujRE/VbaYrpuhN6I/AAAAAAAABBU/XQ_JSePGQiM/s320/obi1.jpg[/img]
http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/photos-governor-obiano-visits-houses.html

ABEG MAKE DIS MAN STOP TO DE WASTE MONI ON ROAD AND PLANT PALM OIL INSTEAD
HE CAN THEN FIX TEN TIMES THE NUMBER OF ROADS IN SECOND TERM
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
Seems you have never heard of radio biafra. Now who is being tribalistic?
smartchelsea:

is there any region that is not affected by flood.Why must we be tribalistic in all we do.
Re: Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) by engrshakespeare: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Rains At Hanan Buhari’s Wedding Party / The Chicken Fed Primary School Pupils In Cross River - Ifere Paul (Photo) / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.