Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments (3109 Views)

Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by damosthottest: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2015
List Of Appointments Made By Muhammadu Buhari and the reactions of Yorubas.

Although the President hasn’t yet officially announce his ministerial list, he has however made some key appointments.

Here are the names and region of some of the key political appointees below:

– Director-General of the State Services, Lawal Daura, Katsina State
– Acting Chairman, the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mrs. Amina Bala Zakari, Jigawa State
– Director, the Department of Petroleum Resources, Mr. Mordecai Danteni Baba Ladan (North)
– Accountant-General of the Federation, Alhaji Ahmed Idris, Kano State

– Chief Security Officer, Abdulrahman Mani; (North)
– State Chief of Protocol, Mallam Lawal Abdullahi Kazaure; (North)
– Aide De Camp, Lt.-Col. Muhammed Lawal Abubakar, Kano State
– Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu; (North)
– Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, South-West

Afenifere, Yoruba Unity Forum and the Movement for Oodua Republic – said this kind of lopsided appointments had never happened in the political history of the country.

While describing the President’s actions as worrisome, the YUF Secretary-General, Senator Anthony Adefuye, warned that the earlier the situation was reversed, the better, adding that the YUF would not expect the North to marginalise the South.

He said, “The fact that the President, Senate President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives are from the North is worrisome. There is no way the North can take all the principal offices and leave the deputy to us. It has never happened before and the earlier it is reverted, the better.

“There is no way that can continue because the South is not subordinate to the North. The think tank committee of the YUF will meet soon to look at the issue and see how it affects the Yoruba people. However, the development is a wrong signal that must be corrected.”

While calling on Southerners to be patient and watch events unfold, Adefuye said no region could be a subordinate of the other.

“What is more worrisome is that the immediate past INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, handed over to a Southerner but the Presidency changed it to a Northerner. We are watching and waiting to see what comes out of this new government.”

Adefuye added, “Southerners are always careful and concerned not to marginalise the North. Therefore, I will not expect the North to marginalise the South now that the Presidency is shifted to the region.”

The National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, said the group was watching the President’s actions and taking note of them.

Odumakin, who spoke with one of our correspondents on Friday, said, “We have taken a position in Afenifere to watch the President’s actions before we begin to make comments. By the time we have a clearer picture of what is happening in the first 100 days of the President in office, we are certainly going to make a comprehensive statement.”

Also, the leader of MOR, Mr. George Akinola, said the country was heading towards total conflict should the situation continue.

He said, “The country has already been divided along religious lines. The fault lines are there and will always be there. This will continue until a time when one way or the other a conference or a referendum happens. There is no option that is not on the table but at least we will prefer the path of peace.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by seedgreen(m): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2015
Nonsense people
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by Iamsupaboi(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2015
Prince Chima aka Supaboi is a fast rising rapper. The self acclaimed music Architect is one to reckon with. He's got it all from punch lines, comic flows, foreign assents, good delivery, local assents, swags and of cause Energy.. This handsome Lagos breed rapper is far more than a choice when sweet/good music comes to your mind. Follow him on Twitter @Iamsupaboi
Get his #throwbck hit Oju Uche
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9a66d00c
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by iamboody(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2015
PDP should stop this, we know your antics don't hide under any tribe to make your points, make your points as a political party and not as a regional party. Most Yorubas supported all Babas appointments so far. We voted for him and we trust him to deliver. As a yoruba guy na Ibo man help me secure employment after all the yoruba politician turned me down. So PDP how market nah.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:30am On Jul 28, 2015
This marriage of Oduarewa, I still dey watch am..

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by AustineE1: 8:51am On Jul 28, 2015
iamboody:
PDP should stop this, we know your antics don't hide under any tribe to make your points, make your points as a political party and not as a regional party. Most Yorubas supported all Babas appointments so far. We voted for him and we trust him to deliver. As a yoruba guy na Ibo man help me secure employment after all the yoruba politician turned me down. So PDP how market nah.
what happens to federal character principle,you are simply pathetic.
You think the north wld support such if they were they victims.They wld have instigated sectarian riots all over the North. You are a bad student of Nigerian history. I give you an olodo award.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 28, 2015
kiss
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2015
So it is now SOUTH? I thought it was SW and SE/SS. Now that their eyes are opening, it is now just SOUTH. You guys should fight your own battle. we already saw this coming

13 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by Bugatie(m): 11:11am On Jul 28, 2015
Why are they complaining now, after all, they are submissive wives to their northern husbands

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by tomy5: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2015
people should stop generalizing,because one person said it does not mean we accept.He has the right to chose the people he wants as long as he is going to to perform.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by Demmocrats(m): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by disumusa: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by disumusa: 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
nonsense writte up, i dont care if buhari apoint yoruba or not. My intrest is to remove corrupt gej from power and put cow or rat so fare that one is not corrupt. We need buming economy thats all.i.e has osinbanjo,obj,oyegun.feed me b/4.
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by damosthottest: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
disumusa:
nonsense writte up, i dont care if buhari apoint yoruba or not. My intrest is to remove corrupt gej from power and put cow or rat so fare that one is not corrupt. We need buming economy thats all.i.e has osinbanjo,obj,oyegun.feed me b/4.

I'm glad you described those your Hausa/Fulani brothers in buhari administration as cow and rat. That is exactly what you are. It is laughable to say they are not corrupt, I can see you are a novice in Nigeria politics. Just look at the evil names you mentioned.

You think an illiterate clueless cattle rearer surrounded by monkeys and baboons will boom your economy? You are a dreamer.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by 7lives: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
damosthottest:

I'm glad you described those your Hausa/Fulani brothers in buhari administration as cow and rat. That is exactly what you are. It is laughable to say they are not corrupt, I can see you are a novice in Nigeria politics. Just look at the evil names you mentioned.

You think an illiterate clueless cattle rearer surrounded by monkeys and baboons will boom your economy? You are a dreamer.

Clap for yourself hateful gorilla, when your jona sidelined others to please his own people heaven did not fall, as far as I'm concern if baba like let him appoint only Daurans, as long as they are Nigerians and they can deliver i'm ok with it.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by damosthottest: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
7lives:

Clap for yourself hateful gorilla, when your jona sidelined others to please his own people heaven did not fall, as far as I'm concern if baba like let him appoint only Daurans, as long as they are Nigerians and they can deliver i'm ok with it.

I'm not surprised for your baseless comments because as your country, you hate truth.
Go and check Jonathan's achievement in the north compared to the little he did in the south then you will understand that Hausa/Fulani are ungrateful, they don't appreciate good things. That's why despite them ruling Nigeria since the independent they are still poorer and backward.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
There is no sane Yoruba that is worried abt it. How many Yoruba were in Jonathan's govt?

You people shld av been accustomed to the simplicity of the Yorubas and the complexity of their decision.

You bleeped up, you loose..it's simple.

But I the while, keep dancing...

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by ArodewilliamsT: 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
When they are voting their fulani lords they claim West. When it burns them they claim south to do attache by force. yorobar funny no be small. lmao!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by sammyj: 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
Story for the gods coming from irrelevant group of selfish old men that benefited from the last clueless corrupt administration !!! cheesy undecided
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by Chiaka(f): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
I laugh nothing about any South/South or South East. Which way Nigeria? looking through my magnifying glass!
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by disumusa: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
damosthottest:

i prefer all than ibo with their red cap as president, infact ibo can not rule nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by damosthottest: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
disumusa:
i prefer all than ibo with their red cap as president, infact ibo can not rule nigeria

Infact we are not interested in ruling a zoo called Nigeria, we want to rule a country called Biafra.
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by kotv: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
There is no south, it's sw and ss/se. Yoruba this is what you wanted. you insulted and accused us of many things when we tried to warn you people so please, leave us be. our path and your path are not the same. the south unity ended the second you people decided to degrade each south areas apart your own because of buhari. you are free to be the submissive slave wife to north and if you feel they are mistreating you, that's your problem, not ours.
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by abdul123(m): 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=kotv post=36398727]There is no south, it's sw and ss/se. Yoruba this is what you wanted. you insulted and accused us of many things when we tried to warn you people so please, leave us be. our path and your path are not the same. the south unity ended the second you people decided to degrade each south areas apart your own because of buhari. you are free to be the submissive slave wife to north and if you feel they are mistreating you, that's your problem, not ours. [/quot e]
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by abdul123(m): 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=kotv post=36398727]There is no south, it's sw and ss/se. Yoruba this is what you wanted. you insulted and accused us of many things when we tried to warn you people so please, leave us be. our path and your path are not the same. the south unity ended the second you people decided to degrade each south areas apart your own because of buhari. you are free to be the submissive slave wife to north and if you feel they are mistreating you, that's your problem, not ours. [/quot e] ibos pls don't attach to the oil minorities.... There is noting like ss/se... These is what Nnamdi kanu wants to achieve... Thunder fire all of u effing parasites... Sons of grasshoppers

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by abdul123(m): 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ibos re thieves .... They only want the minorities oil wealth... They shall die coveting other pples wealth nd die of convulsion... Common thieves

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by oluwalfa: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
Slave dey complain?
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by kotv: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=abdul123 post=36399440][/quote]
I'm a proud ijaw. the obsession you yoruba have with ibo and oil is just pitiful. try and expand your mind past it.
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by damosthottest: 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
abdul123:
Ibos re thieves .... They only want the minorities oil wealth... They shall die coveting other pples wealth nd die of convulsion... Common thieves

Your illiteracy has no boundry.

This is where most of the Nigerian oil comes from. Some of the states that make up the Niger-Delta region include Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Cross Rivers, Delta, Akwa-Ibom, Ondo, Abia, Imo and Anambra States
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by lagdmark(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
iamboody:
Just rubbish and nonsense response
Re: Yorubas Reaction On Buhari's Appointments by abdul123(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
kotv:

I'm a proud ijaw. the obsession you yoruba have with ibo and oil is just pitiful. try and expand your mind past it.
Na lie useless jobless Biafra handle... U re nothing but a pencil in the hand of ur destroyer.... Silly Igbo boy claiming naija delta oil with his 3 weeks old moniker on nairaland.... Jobless old fool

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think I Am Getting Impressed With Buhari... Ride On Sir! #frombiafra / Petrol Won’t Sell Above N100 Without Subsidy –ibe Kachikwu / Buhari Holds Meeting In Abuja, May Declare State Of Emergency In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.