Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground (57632 Views)

President Buhari Prays With Osinbajo, Okorocha And Others (Photo) / Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) / Osinbajo Prays With Surviving Children Of Ocholi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by moufan: 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
morbeta:
Alafin well done!! You are bringing change to dogmatic believes that caged islam 234AD.
stupiid ignoramus, what do you know about Islam.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jonadaft: 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

[s] but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers [/s] ..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin
The amount those queens spend on whitenlicious would be mind boggling. grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge
You're a jobless ignoramus
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Klin1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God there's no discrimination in Christianity, the God of women is the God of men. Women should be allowed to pray where they want.

olodo...ask if u dont know...in ur same bible women are frown at even talking or asking questions in d church but rather ask there husband at home.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by vega84(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yorubas will always be yorubas, always turning and bending the rules. Meanwhile Fck islam! #vegatalks

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by femiranking28(m): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
I for like da their back only they should not fart but I can touch de but.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by stonecoldcafe: 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Where are the women supposed to pray? I ask this question innocently and don't mean to stir up trouble. I really didn't know their women were not allowed to pray with men.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Edipee(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
stag:

I would be joining him soon lipsrsealed
Oga Stag, i see you. No story 4 ur boys, we are hungry o.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Yunus2012(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=INTROVERT post=36371421] change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

but why should women be relegated to the background

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge [/qu[color=#770077][/color]ote]
Even though I feel you are asking a rhetoric question, I will answer you all the same.
What Islam stipulate is SEGREGATION of the sexes and if we are sincere we know why that should be the case, since it has been proven that a male will always be attracted to a female. So there is no issue of relegating to the background as the female may be made to pray beside their male counterpart. As long as they are segregated from one another.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Klin1(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

Ave been up north for over a decade.... those hijab covering females are "badder" than the rest of us. Who can confirm this?

They may actually be badder when dey av been exposed to ur kind of loose and immoral life style........

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
teryorluv:

Abi o

No mind mumuGidi.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kennyamusan(m): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
masseratti:
sorry, is celestial a christian denomination? Last time I checked they are part of CAN.
what are u driving @ Because I don't see sense in your judgement. Enlighten me more please
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by MicroBox: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ya Allah you are so patience, how could a man go against the law of azwajal, the beautiful part of it is that if he realizes his mistakes and say istigafar o boy that is all o... humm
God you are truly patience
this reminds me of a film titled "Castle" a Colonel gave an order of no salutation among prisoners, even a Major who is also an inmate dere not break the rule because the colonel is in charge.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by panegyrics: 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wonders shall neva end
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by salam1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
watbis wrong is wrong don't think because d alafin does such den u think is Islam. dis wrong and for d gullible ones who think dere religion is d best learn to respect other peoples way of lyf if u lyk let female and male kiss each other during prayers in ur religion dere I'd nothing dat will freak mi in it. did is wrong not islam plsss. dere r cases where such can b allowed in Islam and das at Saudi atymes u will c d men praying at d back if women not because dey want but because d came late and das d only options left for dem.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by masseratti: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
kennyamusan:
what are u driving @ Because I don't see sense in your judgement. Enlighten me more please
I cele church the woman and men are separated one group on the right and the other on left.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kennyamusan(m): 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
masseratti:
I cele church the woman and men are separated one group on the right and the other on left.
hahahahahahaha,lolzzzzzz,in celestial church Lolzzzzz,sorry bro ,I can't help u,thanks for the info,lolzzzzz
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by morbeta(m): 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
moufan:
stupiid ignoramus, what do you know about Islam.

Pig ass! This one pain you like pile.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jonadaft: 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
ezeagu:
More shocked at the amount of bleaching.
Ode

So any fair Nigerian or Yoruba person is bleaching

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
and this is news because
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by morbeta(m): 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
honeywealth75:
pls i am not advising you bt warning you nt to talk abt what u av no knowledge of. Thank you.

And what will you do? Even in your very face, i will repeat it a 1000x over. Anuofia!!!
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Klin1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Akinz0126:
Well the Yoruba muslims doesn't give a damn about that.The northerners believed that they are the only true muslim who strictly uphold the doctrine of islam.For the yoruba and other tribe muslim,the northerners believed that they are just observing the faith without knowing what to actually be a be a muslim entails.unlike in yoruba extended family were both christians and muslims are siblings,husband and wife uphold different faith,you can never see such in the north.a situation were yoruba muslim convert to christian with ease without persecution of any kind if its were to be in the north,if care is not taking,he/she may end up losing his/her dear life.One of my northern friend told me that in islam,they are permitted to date the girls of other faith with the believe that the girl in question would change her faith on the long run.But islam forbid hausa muslim girls to date another faith wereas in yoruba land it is not done that way both christians,muslims,budhist,hindu etc can date em sef in the west.For the bible says"Love is the greatest"so therefore,Let love lead.

see this otondo left leg.......u re talking about ur falsehood without considering others opinion.....anyways, let me refute ur claims.
1) Islam frown at dating (fornication) which I dont know who is feeding ur emty brain with.
2) Did I hear u say d Yorubas can associate easly and accommodate there differences in term of religion......big lie......ONLY the Yoruba Muslim will allow his Christian wife live with him hitch free.. the likes of Fashola, Tinubu, and host of others BUT ur Christian Yoruba Husband wil never allow His Wife practice Islam under d same roof wit him..
3) Your accusing the Hausa Muslim of not been tolarance in association with there spouses interms or religion.....Ur Sandy brain should also ask u same with SS and SE brethren of how they treat t any of there love once when dey embrace Islam.....
.............PEACE

3 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by masseratti: 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
kennyamusan:
hahahahahahaha,lolzzzzzz,in celestial church Lolzzzzz,sorry bro ,I can't help u,thanks for the info,lolzzzzz
undecided is cele not a christian church?
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by INTROVERT(f): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
jomoh:

Maybe if you tell us why we've not seen a female bishop or female pope. We can then explain why women should pray behind men.

your name suggests that you are a Muslim but this is a very very highly dumb comment to make. it would have u been better you kept quiet and passed the comment. I won't give you examples of female pastors in Nigeria and abroad that run Christian ministries because am sure you know but you just choose to be not only ignorant but also myopic.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Rexnegro(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
tobtap:
grin grin ....he is the KING wink grin cheesy grin
No he's papa ajasco.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by adepiero: 12:04am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin ;

who am I to judge
You've answered the question already.

Basically its to avoid distraction during prayer and having a woman next to you on in front of you makes concentration difficult no matter how pious you are.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by INTROVERT(f): 12:16am On Jul 29, 2015
adepiero:
You've answered the question already.

Basically its to avoid distraction during prayer and having a woman next to you on in front of you makes concentration difficult no matter how pious you are.

so what happens when this "law" is broken as exemplified by this oba or king.. and his wives
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jomoh: 12:45am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

your name suggests that you are a Muslim but this is a very very highly dumb comment to make. it would have u been better you kept quiet and passed the comment. I won't give you examples of female pastors in Nigeria and abroad that run Christian ministries because am sure you know but you just choose to be not only ignorant but also myopic.

The name was J_Omoh before Nairaland collapse I bet u were too young you to know when.

Hypocrisy is in your blood. To your comment.

After reading your comment, my gut could do nothing but regurgitate this quote from Billy Madison:

"... What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational or sane thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I asked you Pope and Bishop. Numb skull. Or have you ever heard of pastors in christian catholic(original christians) churches.

Ndi ara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by adejuyi(m): 12:49am On Jul 29, 2015
There's Only One God... Kings bow down for KING!.......... Rip Ooni of ife.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by baby124: 1:07am On Jul 29, 2015
teryorluv:

U can't compare Mecca with Nigeria, Mecca is a holy land. For those performing Hajj or lesser Hajj, the intention is already there that they won't even notice if they are standing with a man or woman. Only if their intention and mission is diff
Lmaooo... Smh. So what are you trying to say. Women have to go to Saudi to pray amongst men because Saudi is more holy than OYO state? Ok, fine. But why can't this apply to you praying everyday. Are you trying to say when you are not in Mecca your mind is not completely on prayer? God is everywhere o. So you don't need to be in a special place to face God alone and stop worrying about yansh. You people believe so much in this Saudi, when the laws for the royal family are different from regular citizens. The royal women drive and even fly fighter jets for their military and I bet they pray with their men. But you people will die at the audacity for a regular Muslim woman to do so. You just insulted your own king because he did the same. Or is it because he is not in Mecca? OYO state is not good enough eh
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by hadaydhollarpo(m): 3:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Base on my little knowledge abt Islam doe am a Xtian. Its an abomination as far as Islamic doctrine is concern. Women has always bin praying separately esp behind d men. Many Islamic scholars will condem diz abberation.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by ikorodureporta: 4:54am On Jul 29, 2015
I tink say na inside church sef...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alabi Isama And Obasanjo Eating During The Civil War In 1968 (Throwback Photo) / We Won't Issue Certificate Of Return To Rochas Okorocha - INEC / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu To Storm Lagos Soon For Rally - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.